Chapter 32

Love Food Story

This isn't troll chapter... maybe :P


“Just go home.”

Even though Jessica said it one time, but for Sooyoung, it sounds like a hundred or maybe a thousand times because it keeps repeating on her mind. She doesn’t know what to feel or what to react on this kind of situation. Part of her feels disappointed, another part feels hurt. But she also can understand why Jessica said it.

“Tiff, let me call you again later. Jessica is here.”

Without waiting reply from Tiffany, Sooyoung decides to hang up and turns off her phone. This isn’t the situation she wants to hear interruption by call or another thing.

“I didn’t kick you out,” before Sooyoung can produce any reply, Jessica speaks again. “What I’m trying to say is...”

Jessica takes a deep breath before continues.

“You still have 2 weeks here, if you didn’t come back after 2 weeks passed, let count it as the end of the agreement.”

Sooyoung blinks her eyes. She can’t easily process those words because it seems... unbelievable. Is it too much if she wants to think that Jessica actually wants her presence here?

“How about... your food?”

Sooyoung actually wants to ask about Jessica’s story, but last time she tried to help, it doesn’t turn well. That’s why she chooses to jump to her ‘real job’ at Jessica’s apartment, a chef.

“I can buy my own food. Don’t worry, I’m not poor author, beside.. my parents keeps checking about my financial so no worries.”

Sooyoung nods, suddenly she remembers her conversation with Yuri. It brings pain inside her heart.

“You’re addition in her life.”

Maybe after all, Yuri is right, with or without Sooyoung, Jessica still can survive. Before she entered this apartement, Jessica used to live alone after Krystal left. And maybe in this case, Sooyoung is the one who can’t survive without worring about Jessica.

“Like I said, I’m not kicking you out,” Jessica repeates. “I know you have family. And if you need to go home, you can go home.”

Sooyoung nods hopelessly.

“And you’re not my servant; you don’t need to ask my permission.”

“I’m working for you... as a chef...” Sooyoung replies sadly. “Maybe assistant too for...,” she mumbles.

“I’ll call if I need your help,” Jessica cuts her train of thought. “Today, in our last interview with Sunny, you asked her a lot, right? I didn’t pay any attention. You still have something to tell.”

Jessica actually surprises of herself. Is she trying to convince Sooyoung about something? But what? Convince her that she still needs Sooyoung beside her? As what?

What are they? Who are they? And why it should be like that? Should she ask Tiffany about this?

But of course it will be the last option Jessica will take. But seriously... Why when she sees Sooyoung looks so down, Jessica can’t help but to do this? What just happened?

And earlier? Why she can easily put her head on Sooyoung’s shoulder to keep her in her side when she wants to cry? Like she wants that tall shikshin to comfort her? Really... what kind of mess happened in her life now? And is this even real?

“So... I can call you to tell about the story?” Sooyoung asks. "Actually Sunny is in relationship with her model, Hyomin. Maybe it can be a good referrence since they have same situation like your characters."

Jessica nods. “Not too often. I need my sleep.”

When the first time Jessica saw Yoona after long time and long story, if Jessica wants to be honest, she actually amazed she doesn’t burst into tears, remember she can be emotional sometimes, although she kept quiet for awhile. And after that happened, she kept Sooyoung beside her... what else except she believes she can rely on her? But as Jessica Jung who tries to keep herself far away from people... or let’s we say love life, she tries to denial it.

Jessica is still keeping the wall around her for protection and trying to act cold around people. But she knows so well, Sooyoung is harmless. She doesn't need any type of protection because Sooyoung really cares about her. Pushing her way isn't an option to make a distance. She tries so many times, but it failed, right? But why Jessica still trying to fool herself? How long she will do that? Only God, author and Jessica Jung will know that...

“Just go home. Don’t mind me.”

Sooyoung nods and smiles brightly. That’s 3 words (AN: just go home, not I love you) not sounds like a nightmare for her anymore. When she can see a chance to come back, it’s really feels... amazing. Although Sooyoung is not quite sure if that can describe what she feels inside.... but yeah... AMAZING!

The author needs her. Explicitly all Jessica’s words show it. Even though maybe it’s only in Sooyoung’s mind, but she wants to believe it. Jessica needs her.

“Yeah, I’ll go home.”

Jessica hardly tries to keep herself from smiling. Somehow Sooyoung’s words has double meaning and secretly... she loves it.

*

“So? She kicked you out? I told her you ran away from your house for your dream.”

Sooyoung blinks to get that question when she opened Jessica’s front door apartment. Maybe because Tiffany really worries about her, she is rushing to visit her at Jessica’s place.

“No, she isn’t,” Sooyoung smiles. “I told you I will call you, right?”

“Curiosity kills cat.”

“And you’re not cat, remember?” Sooyoung disagree. “I still have 2 weeks in this place. I’ll be back after I’m done with my family. You want to come in?”

Tiffany only follows Sooyoung to go inside. She glances at Jessica who obviously ignore her presence while enjoying her meal. Maybe Sooyoung just bribe her so she still has place at Jessica’s apartment. And that’s what crossed on Tiffany’s mind.

“But... How about your dad?” Tiffany asks. “Are you sure you still can catch your dream after you’re coming back home? Maybe they will lock you in your room? Or they prepared enggagement party with stranger at your house so you have no reason to coming back here? Or maybe he settled you as a manager ot vice president in your dad’s company or...”

“Tiff,” Sooyoung puts her hands on Tiffany’s shoulder to stop her from babbling. “You’re the one who told me to stop watching drama, right?” she frowns.

“Okay, I’m panic,” Tiffany tries to breath. “Mostly because your unnie will kill me if... Something bad happened to you.”

Sooyoung laughs to hear her reason. “She won’t. If I’m going back home, she’ll be there to protect me, right?”

Tiffany pauses for awhile before clapping her hands happily. “You’re right~” and she laughs histerically.

“Tiff.. you’re not...”

“She’s crazy. Ignore her,” out of nowhere Jessica throws a comment.

“Yeah, crazy in love,” sarcastically Tiffany replies.

“Okay, can you both stop before World War III started?” Sooyoung pleads before Jessica throws another comment.

Jessica only shrugs her shoulder, enjoying her meal while Tiffany is... observing them.

“Since when you know how to tame her?” Tiffany whispers.

“First, she’s not animal. Second, maybe she only shows her hospitality for her guest. Third, what is your purpose to come here except start a war with my boss?” Sooyoung asks.

“And now... you sound like her... almost,” Tiffany frowns. “Please... Don’t learn to be rude from her.”

Sooyoung shakes her head. “You’re the one who being rude here. She’s the owner of this place. She can do whatever she wants.”

“Nice bodyguard, Jessie!” Tiffany yells to the author.

Jessica only shrugs her shoulder before secretly giggling. Somehow she is happy when she wins over Tiffany.

“Okay, you both win... for now. But be ready, I’ll take my revenge, soon!”

Tiffany storms out from Jessica’s apartment, leaving frown on Sooyoung’s face and giggles from Jessica.

“Is this some kind of game?” Sooyoung puzzles.

Jessica only shrugs her shoulder but inside her mind she counts it as 1-0 for her victory today.

“Just don’t mind her. She can be weird sometimes. You know that, right?” Jessica asks.

Sooyoung only nods and joins Jessica at dining table, finishing her meal.

*

“I agree if Sooyoung goes home can be a bad news because we won’t know what will happen next, but... Sooyoung and Jessica became alliance against you, isn’t it a good news?” Yuri wonders. “There is some improvement in their relationship, right?”

Tiffany pouts.

“Or you...”

“I still love Jessica but I want her to be happy,” Tiffany cuts her. “But I hate when I lose.”

“You’re... unbelievable...” Yuri shakes her head. “Just be happy about them and be worry about Sooyoung’s visit to her house.”

“Should we kidnap her if she can’t go out again?” Tiffany asks.

“Not a good thing to do except she cries for help,” Yuri nods. “But for now... let it be?”

Tiffany nods in agreement.

“So... You’re here only for that?” Yuri asks. “I actually surprise to see you here, in my restaurant, starts babbling about what happened at Jessica’s apartment. But I’m not really wondering because we kind of... friend with same situation?”

Tiffany taps her chin. “Because you mentioned it... I also wonder why my feet bring me here. Unconsciously the first person I want to see is... you.”

Okay, maybe the last sentence sounds romantic although Yuri knows their relationship won’t go that way... maybe. But will it be weird if her heartbeat kind of speed up to hear it?

Yuri shakes her head to stop thinking about that possibility. She should remind herself that she still has heartbroken from her chef. But... does she?

And how about Tiffany? Although she said she loves Jessica, doesn’t mean she in love with her, right? And why Yuri must care about that? Is it because they’re friend with same condition. Is that all?

“When will you take me to the movie theater? You’re not really joking when we’re speaking about movie date, right?”

Tiffany’s questions ruins Yuri’s thoughts... or maybe add more. Tiffany maybe easily says love or date, but Yuri... Yuri is typical of serious person.

Yuri takes everything seriously even though she knows how to joke. And for this moment, Yuri feels like the fate trying to joke with her life. “Er... you want to?”

Stupidly Yuri asks that question. Will Tiffany thinks she feels nervous? Or hesitate?

“C’mon, you’re not thinking to run this restaurant by yourself, right? Since I’m here, I can’t see Hyoyeon and I know exactly where your chef is.”

Yuri nods. “And speaking of Hyoyeon, your friend, Seohyun, kidnaps her since afternoon when you run to find Sooyoung.”

“Seriously? What kind of relationship...”

Yuri shrugs her shoulder to end Tiffany’s question. “Who knows?”

“So? We’ll go now?”

Yuri sighs. “Alright... Give me some time. I need to close this place.”

“Let me help,” Tiffany shows her first brighter smile since the day start. Somehow she feels enlight around Yuri. And the reason? Ask her if you curious.

*

Speaking of Hyoyeon, she is actually standing outside the restaurant like a creepy stalker. She is still wondering whether she should enter or not to see Yuri and Tiffany’s interaction inside there.

And somehow, Hyoyeon should admit she slowly can see what Seohyun see from them. If it also means Yuri’s happiness, she doesn’t mind at all. Start from now, Hyoyeon should give up with her ideal family restaurant, borrowing Seohyun's nickname for her dream family.


Okay, that's all for now. No more bullying my readers. Or I made you more curious? I wonder why...