Chapter 39

Love Food Story

Sometimes... boring chapter needed to keep the story on track... So please, if this one is the boring one, just read it... Thank you..


After Sooyoung said goobye - or bid farewell to make it less sad - nobody inside Yuri's restaurant dares to speak. It possibly because they're too busy with their own thoughts or maybe they wait for certain ice princess to talk. But at the same time, nearly all of them can be sure she's not gonna talk or even comments with what just happened. Jessica avoids every eye contacts since Sooyoung left the building.

In this situation, Yuri can be sure the first person will speak is the eye smile girl who sits beside her.

"She'll come back, right?"

And Yuri is right. But deep inside her mind, Yuri is more curious about the ice princess's reaction. At least, she'll pay attention to the next topic, right?

*

Jessica looks at Tiffany who just asked the question inside her mind. She doesn't know what to wish for the answer and why she really cares about that too. A week ago, she's still thinking it's better to be alone. But now...everything slowly changes and Jessica is wishing it's for good reason.

Beside... Jessica still a bit afraid of hope. She is afraid that when she gets something, she needs to let go another thing. In her case, it's Krystal and Sooyoung. With the return of Krystal, could it be she needs to let go of Sooyoung? God won't be that cruel, right? but the author might be.

"I don't know."

And the answer is like saying what's on Jessica's mind athough it comes from Yuri who staring at her. If the owner of this restaurant wants her comment, she won't get it in the near future. If Jessica wants to be honest, she even can't be sure what she wants to say at this moment.

"But I believe, with the love Soojin has for Sooyoung, she won't let her little sister's dream slipped away so easily, right?" Yuri continues. Thank God!

"Is there any chance Sooyoung won't comes back?" Tiffany asks.

Jessica can see Yuri shrugs her shoulder. It seems that no one will be sure about the answer of that question. It's too risky to answer know. Matter of fact, Sooyoung just left the restaurant less than an hour ago.

"Sooyoung's stubborn side won't comes out of nowhere, right? And I believe it's not comes from her Umma," Yuri continues. "Beside.. she won't work here if that's the case."

"What we're going to do?"

Just to remind, the talks are still between Tiffany and Yuri. Jessica only pays attention, a great audience.

"As long as Sooyoung doesn't ask for help, we won't do anything. I think she needs time to settle down," Yuri guess. "She told me she wants to cook dinner for her parents to convince the old man. Just hope it will works."

Jessica still afraid with hope. But to see Krystal in her side, Jessica could have one for now. Maybe if she's not too greedy, God will grants her wish. 

*

Krystal can see Jessica doesn't change anything since she left few years. The only change in their apartment is some jars full with cookies in the kitchen. Without asking, Krystal knows Sooyoung is the one who prepared it. Tiffany already told her that Sooyoung works for Jessica, right? But what happened in the restaurant, Krystal know there is something more than 'work for her'. Being away from her sister doesn't mean kill Krystal's ability to understand her own sister. They have sisterly bonding after all. Beside, they share same source of life, which is their parents.

"Unnie, where is Sooyoung unnie sleep?" Krystal curiously asks. "You're not offering the couch, right?"

Jessica looks amused to hear her question. It takes few seconds until she opens to answer the question.

"I give her space around the kitchen. Since you gone, I never use that area," Jessica answers. "Beside... except that area, I want to keep everything stay the same as a hopeful wish you'll come back someday..."

"And here I am..." Krystal replies, backhugging Jessica and put her chin on her shoulder. "I'm glad I'm home, unnie."

Jessica doesn't say anything but Krystal knows she feels the same. The words isn't needed when Jessica turns around and wraps her arms around Kystal's waist, returning the hug.

*

"I'm glad finally I can take you home with me," Soojin confesses. "Our house isn't feel the same when you're not around. I really miss you, you know."

Sooyoung smiles to hear that although she can feel an ache in her heart to hear that confession. Is it that long since she left her house? What will she do when she meets her parents? Will they hug her? Or will her dad kicks her out again?

"Of course I do. I feel the same, Unnie. It's just..." Sooyoung can't find the right word to continue.

"I know.. Our dad can be stubborn and you're the same hahaha," Soojin laughs. "Poor Umma... She can't stop thinking about you.."

"Yeah..." Sooyoung lowers her head. "I feel sorry for Umma.. but..."

"But I'm glad you took this path, Youngie," Soojin interupts her. "And believe me, Umma understands that. She just can't help but missing you like I do."

Sooyoung stares at Soojin but keeps silent. She can't tell where this conversation will continue.

"You slowly grow up and show your true color. You know what you want to do with your own life," Soojin continues, realizing her sister is waiting. "You're no longer doll or robot for Appa. I can see passion in your eyes. Until few years ago, I'm afraid you..."

"Doesn't have a heart?" Sooyoung asks.

Soojin taps her finger on her chin, thinking. "Not exactly but... A body without a soul? Like... you don't have purpose in your own life. You just do what have been told. It's not good for your mental health. You need to find yourself and be you."

Sooyoung nods. "And Appa kicks me out. Hahaha."

Sojin can see, even Sooyoung laughs there's a guilt in her eyes. Her little sister tries her best not to show it, but... C'mon! It's Soojin. She knows everything about Sooyoung. She even believes she can read Sooyoung's mind... Maybe.

"Don't worry. Just show him your gut and your talent," Sojin puts her hand on Sooyoung's thigh. "I told you, he just being stubborn. Same with you."

Sooyoung shrugs her shoulder. "Do you think I'm selfish, Unnie?"

Soojin shrugs her shoulder too. "Maybe you are. Maybe dad is. Or... I don't know. Is pursuing your dream can be called selfish? It depends on who see it, right? The point of view."

Sooyoung nods.

"Don't worry too much," Soojin pats Sooyoung's thigh. "If you need my help, you know I'll always there, right?"

Sooyoung smiles brightly. Soojin is right. She has her Unnie. Jessica also the same. Kyrstal finally comes back.

Jessica...

Will everything stay the same when she returns? Will Jessica gives her hug like when she says goodbye? Or... Jessica lets her go with that hug? How many days left until she can stay at Jessica's place? Or.. she has no place anymore in there?

*

"When Sooyoung comes back, will she returns to Jessica's place?"

Tiffany understands why Yuri asks this question after everyone left. Since Sooyoung left, Jessica kept shut. Although everyone desperately wants to know what her answer is, she won't say anything. Jessica can be an ice princess sometimes and it doesn't surprise anyone anymore.

"I don't know," Tiffany shrugs. "The last time I talked with Jessica, she still insisted on their agreement. One month. No more, no less."

"But the hug..."

"But we also knows she avoids that topic, right?" Tiffany interrupts.

Yuri nods. "Yep. Maybe that's her way to say goodbye?"

Tiffany sighs. "Let's just wish everything stays the same when Sooyoung returns, okay? Or a little improvement won't be hurt... It's just the timing..."

"It's not bad timing... But you know Yoona also wants to come back to Jessica's life, right?" Yuri reminds her.

Tiffany facepalms. "Ah! I almost forget about that."


And I also almost forget I need to continue this story.

Before I continue this, anyone remember how many weeks Sooyoung stays at Jessica's place?