Chapter 21

Love Food Story

You won't get instant couple here, that's why... if you can't enjoy the flow, take a break until I reach the port.

But if you want to enjoy it, I'll move a bit and let's ride this ship together. Shall we? :)


Yuri and Tiffany falls silent while staring at Tiffany’s phone that keep ringing. They both never wish this unexpected call will come this soon. It feels like Soojin has sixth sense when someone is talking about her.

“Just pick it up. I know you won’t wish what will happen next if you didn’t pick it up. I’ll be there,” Yuri moves from the seat to another table that she points at. But before she walks away, Tiffany catches her wrist.

“Please stay…,” Tiffany pleads, showing her phone. “I need to make an excuse so this won’t be long. Please…”

Yuri sighs, sit back in her chair. “Go ahead. Pick it up.”

Tiffany smiles apologetically for the trouble she caused. Yuri only waves her hand so Tiffany will pick it up soon.

“Hello… Unnie…” Tiffany hesitantly greets the caller.

“Where is Sooyoung?”

Tiffany actually already guessed what this call is all about, but honestly she hasn’t prepared the answer. At least for now, she doesn’t want to show Sooyoung’s place although she quite sure Soojin already found it.

“Sooyoung… she… doesn’t go to work,” Tiffany says. “That’s why I asked her boss. You can see the one who sits in front of me, right?”

“Yeah, Yuri,” Soojin says nonchalantly. “”What happened to Sooyoung? Nothing bad happened, right?”

Secretly Tiffany sighs in relief. Maybe Soojin still doesn’t know about what happened last night.

“I know Sooyoung is nice kid. Last night I saw her catching a girl and hugged her under the rain. In my opinion, the girl was crying.”

COUGH! COUGH! COUGH!

Tiffany chokes with her own breath. Soojin knew. That will be hard if Soojin asks…

“Why Sooyoung hugged that women? Did she know her?” she continues. “I believe Sooyoung won’t be the cause of the tears. She just comforted her.”

Tiffany scratches her head that’s not itchy. Although Tiffany really good with words while confronting Jessica or Sooyoung, but when it comes to Soojin, she will be… speechless.

“Hello? Tiff? You still there, right? Don’t daydreaming. I have not much time.”

“Ah… mianhe, Unnie,” she apologizes. “I just tried to remember about what happened last night. And I think…”

Tiffany glances at Yuri, looking for help. And she feels glad that she never let Yuri left her seat because she mouthed something that can help her to escape.

“Ah… Yuri said that… Sooyoung help to comfort customer because… the song that they sang er… kind of remind that girl about the past…” Tiffany explains. “After that, I guess… Sooyoung sent her home.”

“Yeah, I know,” Soojin cuts her again. “I saw Sooyoung carrying her in bridal style, but I guess… Sooyoung knew that girl. She looked really concern. I can tell from her eyes.”

“Unnie… where were you last night?” Tiffany inquires. “You won’t be that far because you can see Sooyoung’s eyes, right?”

Tiffany can hear Soojin coughing in the other line. This maybe Tiffany’s turn to caught Soojin.

“I… I was in the restaurant. I wanted to hear Sooyoung’s voice too!” Soojin whines. “I’m her sister~!!!! So I can do it, right~?”

“Alright, alright, Unnie. You don’t have to whine or pout. You’re not a kid anymore,” Tiffany shakes her head. “So… is just that you want to ask?”

“Nope,” Soojin turns cold. “My point is… does Sooyoung not go to work today related with that woman? I know you knew her, Tiff. I saw you sitting with her last night.”

Tiffany releases a heavy sigh. She can’t escape anymore.

“Alright, alright, I’ll be honest with you,” Tiffany takes a deep breath before she explains. “She is Sooyoung’s new boss. Her name is Jessica Jung and she is friend of mine.”

“I knew it!” Soojin flicks her fingers.

“Jessica has a past and Sooyoung knew it, that’s why she wants to help her,” Tiffany adds. “And right now, Sooyoung is in her place and the girl still locking herself inside the room when I left them. Sooyoung said she will accompany her who knows Jessica needs help. Maybe Sooyoung feels sorry for her.”

“It’s not pity, Tiff. It’s love. You know that!” Soojin disagrees.

“And… you don’t like it?” Tiffany carefully asks.

“Maybe I’m overprotective of Sooyoung because I really love her. She is my little sister, for God sake! But it doesn’t mean I want to hold her tight until she can’t fly. She can find her own happiness and I’ll watch over her,” Soojin says. “I don’t have sister complex if that what you afraid of.”

Tiffany takes off a deep breath. She can’t hide her relief.

“But…”

Tiffany enforces her seat. She… somehow… doesn’t like what will coming next.

“I think you know what will I say, right?” Soojin hangs her words.

Tiffany gulps and nods. Although she knows she talks on the phone, but Soojin’s voice always success to makes her feel afraid.

“I. WILL. DEFINITELY. HAUNT. YOU. DOWN. IF. SOMETHING. HAPPENED. TO. MY. BABY. SISTER,” Soojin threats. “You’ll be dead when she has a broken heart.”

Soojin ensure that she told one by one word clearly. She really wants Tiffany to keep that on her mind.

And it really works! Tiffany’s face turns pale to hear that. She doesn’t like when Soojin threat her because somehow… she knows she will have nightmare tonight.

“Have a nice day. I’ll wait for your next report.”

Tiffany doesn’t need to say goodbye because Soojin surely doesn’t wait for it. After she told Tiffany what she want to say, she just ended the call.

“You look like you've seen a horror movie,” Yuri comments.

“Yeah… she’s my nightmare,” Tiffany hides her phone on her pocket. For now, she doesn’t want to see it and remember the last part Soojin told her.

“What did she say?” Yuri asks.

Tiffany shows her angry face to Yuri.

“Why she choose me and not you? You’re Sooyoung’s friend too, right? Why it should be me?!” she complains.

Yuri shrugs her shoulder. “Maybe because I don’t want to fulfill her wish and I’m not afraid with her threat. We ever argued although I don’t remember the cause.”

“It must be about Sooyoung,” Tiffany mutters. “She always thinks she knows best about her sister. Unless…”

“Unless?” Yuri digs up.

“Unless… she thought you’re affecting Sooyoung about cooking thingy or… she knows about your feeling,” Tiffany says. “She must have sensed your feeling for her sister.”

Yuri sighs heavily. “We bring that topic again, huh?”

Tiffany raises her hands. “If you don’t like, don’t have to talk about it. I’ll shut my mouth.”

“Why you face this situation lightly? It seems like it doesn’t bother you, but I know it does,” Yuri wonders. “You have a broken heart, but you look happy. Are you an idiot or crazy? Or… do you have secret?”

Tiffany chuckles to hear that question.

“I don’t have secret. I just want to be her happiness… if I can’t be the one, unless… I can help her to find it,” she smiles warmly.

“You are more like a mother than a lover,” Yuri snorts.

Tiffany laughs. “Ahaha, maybe I am. This is the side effect of taking care Jessica Jung too long.”

“And soon… you’re going crazy,” Yuri shakes her head.

“Yeah~ crazy in love,” Tiffany sticks out her tongue.

Yuri laughs sarcastically to hear it. She actually doesn’t know how to deal with this girl. Although they have same situation but… they deal it with different way.

Yuri won’t block Sooyoung to fall in love, but she also doesn’t want to help her to find love. Because Yuri only waits until the chance come or gone. She lets time to answer it for her.

On the other hand, Tiffany helps Jessica to find a way to be in love again. At least one of the ways is introducing Sooyoung, the most caring people Yuri ever met, to Jessica. Tiffany seems already prepared herself to let the chance slip away.

“I need to go to work,” Tiffany glances at her watch, standing up. “Thank you for your time. And it’s really nice to know you.”

Yuri only nods and sends Tiffany to the exit door. There is nothing more to say… at least for now.

*

Sooyoung smile to see what she just made on the table, a White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies. Yups, this one is special made for Jessica. She still remembers how Jessica hugged the cookie jar tightly in her sleep. That’s why Sooyoung wish, this will help Jessica to get her appetite again. And secretly she hopes, she can see the view again.

But then... Sooyoung realizes one problem : How to delivery this to Jessica?

"Should I knock?"

Sooyoung is staring at the closed door.

"But... you will disturb her, Sooyoung. Maybe she still needs time to be alone..." Sooyoung reminds herself. "If only Tiffany still here..."

"But you want to do it by yourself, right?" her heart speaks.

"I know,but... I also afraid with rejection. If she mad at me, she will kick me out," Sooyoung feels hesitate.

"Since when are you so timid, Choi Sooyoung?" she is self-mocking now. "You left your house because you don't want to follow your dad's order, right?"

"Should I proud with that?" Sooyoung sighs heavily. "I became a rebel."

"Then you will give up?" her heart asks again.

Sooyoung shakes her head. "I will give this to her. I just need to find a way."

"Knock the door!"

"I'm afraid!"

"Coward!"

"Yes, I am!!"

Sooyoung breathe heavily after her monologue. It's kinda tiring when arguing with herself. Both side won't easily give up. Sooyoung wonders how author can do it all the time. Whether because they can go crazy at any time?

"Knock once and leave the jar outside," Sooyoung decide. "But before that... let's prepare the spaghetti first."

Sooyoung happily walks to the kitchen. Right now, she manage to make an excuse to escape from  the hell sending food to Jessica.


I wish I can write longer than this. But.. nah.. next time :P