Part Thirty-Six: Woohyun

The Words Unsaid
Part Thirty-Six
Woohyun
 
He was a druggie the dancing machine was a druggie. I wanted to stay in that little dirty apartment and figure out where he went wrong.
Where we went wrong.
I thought the next time I would see Hoya would be at Sungjong’s funeral or if by some miracle at Sungjong’s bedside. I knew that karma would come back and punish me but I never knew it could be this cruel.
I always cared about what people thought of me and I even knew it was a bad habit to do so. In the start of our debut I couldn’t stop the fans words from getting to me. I would stay up late into the night reading their comments some were nice, crazy, and even funny. While some were rude, mean and harsh. Those types of words were still branded into my heart. Sunggyu told me not to read them but that’s like asking a child not eat the cookie that is already in their hands. So I worked out more and took care of my face. Then more fans noticed me and my fans before loved me even more. I never forgotten those words but I knew that every time I stood on that stage I was proving them wrong. That was until now.
I never got along with Hoya and if I had to pick someone to see my doom he would be at the end of the list.  It wasn’t that I hated Hoya no I couldn’t hate anyone in Infinite even though I might try. We’ve been together so long that it was like we were a family. We were a crazy, dysfunctional, and loud family but still a family.
Hoya and I had a complicated relationship even though we were both born the same year, I was still his hyung. If that wasn’t a big enough wall, Hoya and I were both overly competitive. We were both fighting to become better in dance and in vocals. I knew from the minute Hoya started to sing that I needed to be better that I needed to be better than him. The same could be said for dancing. Although I wasn’t nearly as good as Hoya. Our relationship was based around a competition and now that it was over. I didn’t know how I felt about Hoya. In a way I felt defeated that my once great competitor saw me at my lowest point.
That I had seen him buying drugs like it was nothing. I wanted to pick at his brain and see the reasons why. More importantly why was he a fighter? Hoya was not the violent type no Sunggyu was but not Hoya. Sure Hoya was good with words but he rarely used them to hurt people. Away from the camera Hoya became somewhat of a loner but not in a bad way. He just liked to be alone listing to music or dancing. Sungjong once said that he thinks Hoya got used to being alone since his family had kicked him out years ago for his dreams.
I sighed as I rubbed my hands through my hair trying to get a clear thought out of my head.
So why would Hoya be buying drugs? Why would he be fighting! I wanted to know the truth and that was the main reason why I told Hoya I would be at his match. Because I wanted to know the reasons behind all of this.
“WOOHYUN!” a voice screamed sending me the floor.
I looked up to see Mr. Woo standing there with a toothless grin.
“Why did you do that for,” I scoffed sitting up from the ground.
“I’ve been calling your name for ten minutes,” he laughed as he reached out a hand. I grabbed it and was on to my feet within minutes.
“The boss wants to see you,” he told me as he pointed to the door.
“What now,” I mumbled to myself as I walked to Jongsuk’s office. I had been sitting outside his office waiting for almost an hour.
I open the office door to see that Jongsuk was closing his safe that he kept in the corner of the room behind a bookcase.
“Ahh Woohyun,” he said as he swung the bookcase back into its original spot.
“You wanted to speak to me,” I asked closing the door.
“Take a seat,” he said pointing to a seat in front of his desk then he sat in his leather chair.
I sat in the old rusted chair and stared up at Jongsuk wondering what he wanted to tell me.
“What do you need,” I asked Jongsuk trying to keep the anger out of my voice.
“I want to know how you know that fighter?” he asked looking me in the eyes for the truth.
“I don’t know him,” I lied.
“Then why did he hit you?” Jongsuk retorted.
“I was being mouthy. You know how I get,” I told Jongsuk who nodded in agreement.
“You tend to get mouthy but I think it was more than that. So why don’t you tell me the truth,” he asked me once again. “Or do I have to drag that fighter in here?”
No.
I didn’t want Hoya to see how I was living or the people I worked for.
No I didn’t want that at all.
“He used to be my friend and that’s it sir,” I told him because there was no way I was going to tell him that he was my bandmate.
Jongsuk nodded. “If that’s it  then I don’t want you hanging out with your friend.”
“Wait what?” I looked up at him. “Why does it matter?”
“Because our two clans don’t get along all the time and one mistake can mess up everything,” Jongsuk admitted.
“But I don’t understand,” I told him then I remembered the name Mr. Woo had just said hours ago. “Who is Watth,” I asked him trying to say the foreign name right.
“Matt is someone you don’t mess around with Woohyun. You think I might be bad but Matt is on a different level,” Jongsuk admitted.
“I’ve seen you break men’s arms,” I pointed out.
“Woohyun I’m helping you out and telling you not to get involved with your friend. You don’t need any more trouble,” Jongsuk warned me.
“Why are you scared of him? What does Matt have against you?” I asked him trying to figure out why Jongsuk was so jumpy around him.
“He took some important from me,” Jongsuk admitted as he ran his hand through his greying hair.
“Like what?” I questioned him.
Jongsuk open his mouth again when the door slammed open revealing Mr.Woo and Mr. Park. They were both wearing large grins as they entered the room. Although Jongsuk had many different employees Mr. Woo and Mr. Park were always hanging around the warehouse. They didn’t really have a job other than harassing late paying customers and annoying me. Some passersby even say that Mr. Woo and Mr. Park were childhood friends of Jongsuk. But I can’t see how a man like Jongsuk would have friends.
“Fight night!” Mr. Woo shouted raising his fist in the air.
That was right I promise Hoya I would go see him fight. So I could go see the type of person he has become.
“Boss can he come,” Mr. Park asked pointing to me.
Jongsuk looked at me then nodded. “But Woohyun remember what I told you.”
I nodded and joined the two rowdy men that were already opening cans of beer to drink.
I wanted to ask Jongsuk more about what Matt had taken from him but I knew not to push the question with Mr. Lee and Mr. Woo here. I couldn’t help but wonder what Matt had on Hoya. That had to be the reason why Hoya was caught buying drugs. I couldn’t get the nagging feeling from the back of my head saying that it was more than just that.
The minute I enter the pub I knew I had made a mistake. It was overly crowded and I could hear the screams of men as two people threw fists in a dirty ring. Mr. Woo and Mr. Park disappeared from my side within seconds. Not that I wanted to be stuck with those two men any longer then I had to be. I pushed my way through the crowd trying my hardest to not get any beer spilled onto my newly washed clothes. I had taken time to wash myself clean in a cheap sauna and even spent a couple of dollars to wash my outfit. I wanted to look different for Hoya to prove to him that I wasn’t some type of low life.
I moved to the corner of the bar where the crowd wasn’t too overwhelming. I jumped into a wooden seat that was next to the wall.
“What can I get ya,” a women asked me wearing a way to revealing top and short shorts. On any other teenage girl this would be mildly acceptable but this woman had to be in her late fifties.
“Water,” I told her trying not to stare at her wardrobe.
“We don’t sell that here,” the women scoffed at me.
“He’ll have a hilte dry finish and so will I,” a voice said next to me.
I turned my head to see a foreigner with black hair and pale skin. He was wearing black frame glasses and khaki pants that matched his green polo shirt. It looked like he didn’t belong in a place like this. Maybe a computer store but not in a underground fighters bar.
 “No drink,” I told him in my best English.
“It’s okay,” he answered me in fluent Korean.
“You speak Hangeul?” I replied shocked.
“I’ve been in Korea my whole life,” he told me with a smile.
“I’m Matt,” he reached out his hand.
I paused staring at his hand with wide eyes. Matt. Matt was the guy Jongsuk was scared off. The one he warned me about that was sitting right in front of me.
“I’m sorry I have to go,” I said standing up from my seat.
“Why don’t you stay and have a drink,” Matt said smiling as the bartender dropped off two glass beer bottles.
Matt grabbed his and took a thirsty chug of it then his eyes rested on me.
“You’re not going to offend me are you?” Matt asked pointing to the unwanted beer on the bar.
“Oh no,” I bowed then picked up the beer and took a tiny sip of it. The bitter taste of the beer slide down my throat reminding me of the past couple of months.
“Matt,” a voice called from the crowd then an overly muscular man came out of the crowd. He was wearing a tank top and black sport shorts. His face was scrunched together like he had been hit in the face too many times.
“Ah Chunghee,” Matt said as he placed down his beer. “Is he all ready to go?”
Chunghee nodded. “Minwoo is ready to fight.”
“Good,” Matt said with a nod. “This should be an interesting fight.”
The crowd started to scream even louder as new fighters took their spots in the ring.
“Nice to meet you,” Matt said quickly as him and Chunghee walked towards the circle of men.
I let out a shaky breath realizing that I had been holding it the whole time. Even though Jongsuk warnings had scared me I still wanted to know why Hoya was fighting for him. More importantly was he the one making Hoya buy the drugs?
More screams erupted from the men distracting me from my thoughts.
My eyes scanned the crowded room looking for Hoya’s face but he was nowhere in sight.
“He’s killing it,” a voice came from my side.
I glimpse over to the overly crowded boxing ring trying to get a view of the fighters but they were concealed by the crowds of people.
I pushed the beer away and stood up from my seat. Why was I siting here in a crowded bar when I should be looking for him or going home. This whole situation frustrated me and I would be kidding myself if I wasn’t upset.
I pushed through the crowds looking for Hoya or even Mr. Woo and Mr. Park.  I wanted to tell him the truth that I had messed up and I had ended in debt. Even if I didn’t tell him the truth I still wanted to talk to him. I wanted to pretend that these things didn’t happen to us.
“GO!” someone screamed in the crowd. I hadn’t realized that I had been walking towards the boxing ring instead of the door allowing me to now see the two fighters.
One of the fighters was wearing bright yellow socks that matched his shoes perfectly. He was wearing bright blue shorts that clashed against his black and white meshed tattoos.  The other fighter…Hoya. My mouth shot open as I saw my bandmate dodging a fist. For a slight second I was jealous over the newly abs that were edged into his stomach.  But my thoughts were sent back to the fight when Hoya threw a punch landing right in the man’s stomach. The man let out a grunt as he stumbled backwards giving Hoya enough time to throw a left hook right into his cheek. The fighter loss his balance and fell to the floor. Hoya fell to the floor next to the fighter and started to throw punches onto his unprotected face.
The crowd screamed louder each time Hoya fist collided with the men’s face. I took a deep breath as I felt the vile growing in my throat.
I was disgusted.
Hoya didn’t look like the man I saw hours ago instead he looked like a beast. No he wasn’t just a beast he was on the boost.
There is no other way to explain how well he is fighting in the ring.
How could he do this?!
How could he become one of them?
The bloody man lifted up his fist and smacked the floor twice to signal his defeat.
A buzzer went off as the fight ended and a couple of men ran onto the ring screaming. They grabbed ahold of Hoya and lifted him into the air.
I wanted to run to him and rip him away from those men’s hands than I would scold him for what he had just done. I took a step forward when someone caught my eyes. She was wearing tight skinny jeans and a crop tee shirt to show off her belly button piercing.
At first I thought it was a dream since most of my dreams were involved around her face. But not a good kind of dream likes the ones that involve winning awards or turning Dongwoo in a dinosaur. No whenever I dreamed about her it always turned into a nightmare.
“HYOJIN!” I screamed causing her to whip her head around. Her eyes grew wide as formed a O. It only took her a second to run but it only took me a millisecond to run after her.
I pushed through the crowd trying not to lose sight of her. If I lost her then that would be my end.
“Woohyun where are you going,” Mr. Woo asked me but I ignored him.
There was no way I was going to lose her. She was going to repay her debt the one that I had bled and cried over.
She opened the door and I followed after her as quickly as I could. If I wasn’t in such a rush to find her I would have noticed that someone else was screaming my name. If I knew it was him I would have ran away faster but I should have known that my past was coming to haunt me

Author Notes:

So I hope this chapter is okay. I’m honestly been so tired the last couple of days that it’s been really hard to edit my story. But I hope you guys are enjoying my story and it should be ending in 14 more chapters. NOOO!! I don’t even know what to do after this story is done. AHH!!

Also Ps. If I finish this story then this will be the first story I have competed. Let’s just say I lose focus on projects a lot. Also thank you everyone for their comments and votes. Even though I don’t have a huge following I’m still really happy with the subscribers I do have.

-Morgan

PSS: Who else is freaking out over Sunggyu new album?