Part Twenty-Two: Gayun

The Words Unsaid
Part Twenty-Two
Gayun
 
I wasn’t a crazy fan.
I wasn’t a crazy fan.
I just loved them.
I wanted to be next to them.
I wanted to take away their pain.
No I wasn’t a crazy fan.
I never thought in million of years I would be one of those girls, the type of girl whose whole life revolved around a boy group. I used to make fun of those type of girls in school because honestly who could warship someone blindly like that.
Until I became that girl who followed a dumb group around because believe me that whole group is full of idiots. But by the time you realize this it’s too late because they have stolen your heart.
It also didn’t help that I had been staring at a those 12 faces for at least an hour. Thinking which ones I would marry and who become my best friend. I was just thinking about baby names for my future children when I heard a noise.
I sat up as I pulled my sweatshirt around my shoulders.
“Let me see her!” a voice screamed sending chills up my spine.
I bit the corner of my lip.
She was back.
I slid out of the hospital bed right into my slippers. The nurses could only hold back that beast for so long. I ran to the front door and slowly peered around it. There she was in all her glory. Face blotchy with red spots and her yellow teeth shining brightly as she screamed. Her eyes were wide as if she was surprised even though I knew she barely showed emotions.
I would know because she was my mother.
I shut the door turning my attention back to the room.
How was I going to escape?
My eyes scanned the room for a proper escape route.
Bed?
I couldn’t hide underneath the bed that would be the first place she would look.
Closet?
Ah yes let’s get more obvious.
My eyes scanned past my artwork till it stopped at the window.
I couldn’t or could I?
I ran over to the window and looked down at the garden below. I was only on the second floor and a couple feet couldn’t hurt me. Although that was before I was placed in the hospital and was unable to use both arms.
“Let me go!” the beast shouts were getting closer.
I slid open the window as far as it would go then without a second thought I crawled onto the ledge. The wind blew harshly against my face as unwanted tears splatted onto my hospital gown.
My shaky legs were making it hard to walk let alone think of jumping.
The door open with a bang, sounding off an alarm in my whole body. My legs were no longer in my controlled and I took one step then another then suddenly I was flying through the air. Leaving all sense of anxiety behind but then I had a single thought.
How am I going to land?
I let out a scream but it was too late my back smacked against something hard but the rest of my body seemed fine.
Something around me let out a groan making me jump in my bones. My eyes were still closed tightly afraid at what I would see.
I felt something grab my arm making me jump out from my state.
My eyes grew wide as I started up at the small eyes that were now glaring at me.
Oh no.
“Get off,” he screamed then suddenly I felt myself falling to the ground once again.
“Oww,” I mumbled to myself as I rubbed my . He was holding his chest and for one second I thought I had hurt him.
“You!” he grunted making me crawl backwards.
“I eh-“
“Are you my stalker now,” he spat out.
“You wish!” I shouted standing up as I cradled my hand.
“More like I wish for you disappear,” He pointed out.
“Well if that’s what you want then I’ll just,” turned around to run as far as I could from Sunggyu.
“Hold up,” Sunggyu shouted making me stop.
“What do you want?” I snapped taking another step forward.
“Maybe you should tell me why you jumped out of a window?” he pointed out.
I sighed. “Not like it’s any of your bu-“
Screaming.
.
I turned around and said the last thing I thought I would say. “Help me.”
His face was full of questions but as soon as he heard her screams he nodded.
“Lets go,” he held out his hand towards me.
Now I had two choices I grab his hand and admit that I needed someone or run away and look like a fool. A fool who was is a strong independent woman.
I bit my lip as he held his hand out even further.
I grabbed it and he pulled me towards him. My breath was caught in my throat and I was trying to remember why I was here.
“Push me behind that tree,” he whispered into my ear sending chills up my spine.
“W-What?”
“Push me behind that tree over there now or do you want to get caught?” he told me quickly.
Those words snapped me out of my trance and I pushed Sunggyu out of the way of the monsters view to a nearby tree.
“Now what,” I asked because hiding behind a tree wasn’t that great of a plan.
“Here,” he handed me a red wool blanket that was laying on his lap and also a deep red book. I took the blanket and wrapped it around my body than quickly took the book and shoved my face into it while leaning against the tree. Sunggyu took out another book out of his side pocket and started to read it. To anyone looking on we looked like two hospital patient enjoying the fresh air.
As we stood there I reread the same page over and over again. It wasn’t that the book wasn’t interesting because from the few paragraphs it seemed very well written but my mind was stuck on Kim Sunggyu.
Why did he help me?
What did he want in return?
No one does anything for free.
My eyes betrayed my thoughts and I slowly looked down at Sunggyu. His lips were in a frown as his eyes scanned the pages quickly.
He was handsome.
No take that back Gayun! No Kim Sunggyu is a stupid boy who doesn’t even know what good music is.
But yet he was beautiful even with those small eyes. His face was smooth and white like a new born baby. Do all idols look like this up close?
 “What are you looking at?” a voice asked making my heart jump.
I looked down quickly to the book. “N-nothing!” I squealed out.
“I think they’re gone,” he pointed out placing down the book.
“Oh,” I looked down at my watch to see that it had already been twenty minutes. When did twenty minutes pass by this fast?
“Thanks,” I told him handed him back his items.  I was about to walk back into the hospital when Sunggyu voice stopped me for the second time today.
“Wait.”
Why?
Why did he want me to wait for him and why did my skin feel all tingly.
“What?” It came out a lot harsher than I expected.
“I’m not ready to go back in so instead do you want to go get some ice cream with me?” he asked with his arms crossed.
“Ice cream? What are you some type of e?” I retorted.
“No!” he snapped wide eyed. “Never mind I guess you don’t want to go.”
Why did he seem so upset?
“You’re paying,” I told him wrapping a piece of hair around my finger.
“Hey don’t you have any respect for your elders! YAH!” he screamed at me as I walked towards the cafeteria. “Come back here and push me! I’m already tired!”
 
  
 
The ice cream left a stick imprint on my hand. We didn’t talk okay I didn’t talk. After all I was too busy paying attention to this horrible tasting low fat, no sugar, and totally vegan ice cream cone. This hospital food was going to be the death of me. Sunggyu had taken one bite of the ice cream made a gaging noise then threw it into the garbage. I on the hand rather suffer through eating the ice cream than talking with Sunggyu.
It wasn’t that I didn’t want to talk to him it was just I didn’t know what to say. Do I ask him how he is doing? But that was one of the questions I hated people asking me. Obviously I’m not okay and if I was I wouldn’t be here. It wasn’t like I was the only one. Sunggyu had sat with me although he just looked outside the window not uttering a word.
“How can you eat that crap,” he suddenly asked drawing me out of my thoughts.
“I-eh,” I looked down at the ice cream to see that I had finished it all but I was too trapped in my own thoughts to notice.
“Oh yeah,” I dropped the wrappers on to the table and picked up a nearby napkin to wipe my hands.
They were still sticky.
“I should go,” I said standing up from my seat. This whole situation made me feel awkward like I didn’t belong here.
“Sit,” he said sternly.
No I’m not going to sit.
I smirked then stomped my way to the door where I slammed it open to leave a stun Sunggyu.
That is what I was planning on doing but instead I took a seat back in my chair.
“What do you want?” I asked him trying to keep each word full of venom.
“So what is your plan,” he asked me.
“What?” I asked confused. “What do you mean?”
“I mean I have a feeling that I might end up in jail for helping you,” he told me resting his head in his hands.
I bit my lip and thought for a moment. I didn’t have a plan and I honestly didn’t think it would involve him.
“I have a plan and it’s a really good plan,” I lied.
“Liar,” he spitted out.
“Well even if I did have a plan what is it to you,” I snapped standing up. “Thank you for the ice cream I’ll see you later or not.”
I could tell he was upset as I walked away from him. Everything was telling me to stay but I was too scared. All the adults I knew always wanted something in return for a favor of any kind. I didn’t trust adults they were greedy and just plain stupid. But Kim Sunggyu wasn’t really an adult? Well not like the adults I knew.
I open the cafeteria doors unsure where I would be heading. Do I go back to my room? The beast should be gone by now maybe dragged off to some looney bin.
God knows she deserves it.
“Gayun,” a voice said.
I stopped in my tracks looking around to see who called my name but no one was there.
“Yes that’s the one,” another voice said.
I turned my attention towards the nurse’s desk.  Two of the nurse’s backs were turned to me as they place daily medications in little plastic cups.
“Did you hear what’s going to happen to her?” a nurse that had always given me pity smiles. She had short hair and a cheerful face.  I’m pretty sure her name was Minah or something like that.
“No what?” the other women asked. She had more a fuller figure and long curly hair that went down her back.  I hadn’t seen her around so I assumed she was in a different department or new.
“Her Umma came here and threw a huge fit it took three nurses to calm her down,” Minah admitted.
Her friend gasped into her hand.
Even here people gossip about my family and me. I thought it would stop when I stopped going to school but I guessed wrong.
“That’s not the worst part either,” Minah told her.
Not the worst part either? I took a step forward wanting to hear what they would say next.
“Gayun is going to be released tomorrow into child custody,” Minah said smiling as if she couldn’t wait to tell my secrets.
I already knew this. I just assumed that with enough complaints the police would finally take me out of the beast’s life. 
“So what’s going to happen to her,” her friend asked wide eyed.
I knew the answer to this. I was going to be sent to my Aunts in the countryside. My Aunt was my best friend growing up till my Umma had a fight with her and sent her packing. She would want me to come live with her.
“I guess no one wants her so she is going to the orphanage or into foster care,” Minah told her sending chills down my spines.
What?
My breath was caught and I couldn’t breathe.
How could she not want me? Was it something I did? No no no! I can’t go somewhere else what’s going to happen to me?  I can’t stay here anymore.
So I ran.
I ran as hard and fast as I could.
Here is a secret fact about me: I love running.
 I love how everything is a blur and the feeling that nothing can touch you.
Well that was what I thought when I ran straight into something hard. I let out a groan grabbing onto my knee.
“Watch where yo-“
He looked at me while holding his heart.
“I knew you loved me but you need to stop running into me or falling on me!” he pointed out.
“I eh…sorry,” I mumbled out slow standing up. My leg hurt but finding out the news hurt even worst. Where was going to go?
“Now if you excuse me I have to go work out,” he told me and started to wheel in the opposite direction.
“Wait,” I screamed in panic.
I didn’t care about this stupid rivalry it was dumb and I need help. Everyone in this hospital wanted nothing to do with me while Kim Sunggyu had taken me out to get ice cream. Even forgiven me (I hoped) for that little accident.
“What’s wrong,” he turned around.
“I-its I need help!” I sputtered out.
“Did you trash another person’s room?” he asked crossing his arms.
Okay maybe he hadn’t forgiven me.
“I know you should care about me because honestly you haven’t known me for a very long time. It’s true I haven’t left a good impression on you either but now I’m begging you,” I swallowed back the tears. “Tomorrow by this time I’ll be in child custody.”
“Is that a bad thing considering…”
“My Umma? Well no but spending years in an orphanage will be as bad. Kids my age don’t get adopted everyone just wants baby and let’s face it I might have a baby face but I’m not a baby.”
He stood there shock or maybe he was thinking.
“What do you want?” he asked which made me take a step back.
I thought he was going to tell me off. Tell me to it up and make something out of this situation. I didn’t expect him to help me.
“I-I want to go to the beach for the last time,” I told him because honestly it was true. My father had promised to take me to the beach but due to his passing he never did.
“You just want to go to the beach then what?” he told me raising an eyebrow.
“If I go there than I think I’ll be able to accept my fate.”
Then I’ll be able to run away the minute you turn your back on me. It wasn’t that I wanted to betray him but he had money and that was something I didn’t have.
“Just for a couple of hours,” he told me pulling out his cell phone. He pressed a couple buttons then looked up at me. “There I canceled my appointment now let’s go before it gets too late.”
“Wait,” I called after him.
Something was bugging me.
“Why are you helping me I thought you hated me?” I asked.
He sighed. “Because you remind me of someone I once knew.”
  
As we drove way in that taxi I closed my eyes. Everything seemed too much at the moment. I had just run away with my sworn enemy and now I was heading to a beach. If I open my eyes things will just become too real.
I had packed a bag with some belongs and most importantly my EXO albums.  Leaving the hospital seemed fairly easy and I had a slight feeling that Sunggyu knew how to leave unnoticed. When we arrived to the parking garage there was a taxi waiting for us and just like that we escaped.
I felt something wet hit my hand and at first I thought it was raining but it couldn’t be. We were in a taxi and all the windows were rolled up. It wasn’t till I heard someone snuffling that I knew it was someone crying.
“Don’t worry,” he croaked out. “I’m not going to let you down. I’ll protect you from now on.”

Notes:

Hello Everyone!

See I’m trying to post more often. It usually takes me a while to edit my story but lately I have been more motivated. Plus it also helps that I have alot of free time right now.  Also considering the fact I promised myself that I wouldn’t start any new projects without finishing this one. Anyways I hope everyon enjoyed this post. Do you guys like Gayun? Or do you think she is annoying? I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Feel free to post your thoughts! I love talking to you guys!

-Morgan