Part Seventeen: Sungyeol

The Words Unsaid
Part Seventeen
Sungyeol

Warning:

In this story I’m using the plotline from KARA’s Secret Love episode 1 and 2. There is a reason behind this but if you haven’t seen the show and you don’t want spoilers then please skip all italicize. Kara fans please don’t hate me for using your group show. There's a reason why I’m doing this. I was going to use scent of a woman drama but it got way too long.


I’m not going.

“Come on it'll help,” my mother whined as she pulled off my blankets.

No! Go away!

I forcefully grabbed the blanket and pulled it over my face.

“Lee Sungyeol stop being so difficult!” my mother shouted as she smacked my arm.

Ouch!

I rip the blanket off of my head so I had a clear view of my mother’s face.

Seriously woman this is child abuse!

“Come on look what I bought you,” she held up the new girl’s generation album.

I laughed then pointed to my desk where the same album was.

She looked at the desk then back to the same album she was holding in her hands.

“Sungyeol!” she shouted dropping the album to the bed.

I’m not going mom. No way am I going to see that quack!

“Sungyeol you’re going to go. Please just try it once,” she told me as she grabbed my arm and yanked me out of the bed on to the cold wooden ground.

Mom!

“You’re going to go if it’s the last thing I do!” she snapped.

NO! NO! NO!

I’LL NEVER GO!!

My mother let out a sigh.

“Come on it’s not like I’m selling you off. My friend’s son went to the same doctors after he had trouble readjusting from the army. She did wonders for him in such a short time. Now  can you imagine what she can do for you?” she told me.

I’m not broken.

“Please Sungyeol just give it a chance! One session and if you don’t like it you don’t have to go back,” my mother promised me.

No!

“Sungyeol,” she whined shaking my arm.

No!

Tears started to roll down her face sending shock waves throughout my body.

“I-I just don’t know what to do. You barely eat and you never speak to anyone. I just don’t know what to do,” she sobbed.

No. Please mom stop.

I stood up and held my sobbing mother.

“Will you please go,” she looked at me teary eyes.

I nodded my head reluctantly.

 

My feet scraped against the pavement as my brother dragged me out of the apartment building.

Are you kidding me?

“Come on Sungyeol afterwards I’ll treat you,” Daeyeol told me.

Daeyeol I’m not some kid! Plus I’m not going to run away.

My mother had parked the car in front of the building and was now waiting for us.

The black car shined in the sun making it look alot cleaner than it actually was. There were so many times I rode in that car.

I learned how to drive in that car and there is even a little dent to prove it. I even gave away my first kiss in that car.

Of course the girl slapped me afterwards but who cares.

Right now the car looked scary as if it was going to attack me at any second.

I couldn’t.

I couldn’t get into that car knowing that I would on the road again with whizzing cars. It would make me think of Sungjong.

I didn’t want to think of him.

My brother opens the door and pointed to the back seat.

I shook my head no.

I didn’t want to go but I really didn’t want to go in the car.

“What’s wrong?” Daeyeol asked.

I shook my head as I pointed to the car.

Daeyeol sighed, “What is it this time?”

No.

My heart was beating heavily and I was having a hard time breathing.

“Come on Sungyeol let’s just go,” Daeyeol tiredly said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the car.

I shook my head no.

“Come on yeoli it won’t be so bad,” he encouraged me.

I let out a scream. So loud that people from down the block had stopped to watch the scene.

“STOP Daeyeol,” my mother shouted coming out of the car.

Daeyeol dropped his hand and gave me a questioning look.

“What’s wrong?” my mother asked grabbing my hands.

I pointed to the car then shook my head.

“Sungyeol you have to go,” my mother told me.

I shook my head again.

“Seriously what’s wrong with you?” Daeyeol asked scanning my face.

I shook my head again almost at the point of tears.

I don’t want to drive. I don’t want to get into that car.

“Mom I don’t think he wants to go into the car,” Daeyeol said looking at me then to the car then back to me.

I kept on nodding my head yes until my mother sigh.

“If you walk quickly we might be able to get to your appointment on time,” my mother said strapping her purse around her shoulder.

“What about the car?” Daeyeol asked.

“I’ll drive it over and tell the doctor that you’ll be late,” my mother told us, “ Boys you better start running.”

“Really?” Daeyeol whined. “Well come on Sungyeol let’s put your long legs to work.”

Then without warning Daeyeol took off running.

 

By the time we arrived at the small office we were already five minutes late.

My shirt stuck to my body and I  could bet that I smelt as horrible as I looked. As we ran people didn’t even notice me and those who did were too shock to even say a word.

Now that we were standing  in the office I now understand why I didn’t want to go. The room was too small and smelled like old ladies perfume. There were posters and flyers that hanged up on the wall for different mental conditions. There was even a picture of a fat black and white kitten  and below that was block letters that read “Don’t Do it!!”

Yes because that’s really going to stop me from offing myself.

“You’re here,” came a female voice.

My eyes turned to a young woman standing next to my mother. She looked as if she was the same age as Sunggyu hyung.  Her black hair braided hair rested against her shoulder. Her tan skin clashed against her bright yellow dress. Her small eyes scanned my face as if she knew what was wrong with me right away.

“Sungyeol,” my mother grabbed my sweaty hand and lead me to the girl. “This is Dr. Kang.”

Kang?

Like the doctor you’ve been telling me about?

I looked her up and down not caring if she noticed.

She’s a girl.

“Sungyeol it’s a pleasure to meet you,” she told me shaking my hand.

I nodded.

“If you don’t mind Mrs. Lee  I would love to get started,” Dr. Kang told my mother.

“Oh yes,” my mother smiled then turned her attention to me. “I’ll be out here with Daeyeol if you need anything.”

Can we go home?

I seriously doubt that this chick could figure me out.  I just want to go home and watch a couple movies. Maybe take a nap or two.

“Sungyeol if you can follow me inside we’ll get started,” Dr. Kang said as she opened the door.

No.

I looked back to my family who were encouraging me to follow this quack.

I don’t want to go.

“Are you coming Sungyeol?” she asked me.

I took a deep breath and nodded.

It could be worse right?

 

I was wrong it couldn’t be worse.

Dr. Kang’s office smelt like curry.

I hate curry.

The walls were painted a light blue color.

I hate blue.

There was only two windows that lined the walls letting in sunlight.

I hate windows and sunlight.

Okay that one was a lie.

I was sitting on a leather couch that smelt like old shoes. I was leaning on the right armrest trying my hardest to not stare at the other end of the couch since most of it was missing. She told me a dog had chewed it off but I had my doubts about that. It could have easily been one of those crazy people.

So does that make me crazy?

I shook my head yeah right Sungyeol.

“So Sungyeol?” she called my name.

I looked up at the woman who were now sitting on a black computer chair. She was holding a clipboard with a black pen.

What did she want from me?

“So I’ve hear a lot about you from your Ahjoomma,” she told me. “Although I thought you would have more eyebrows.”

My hand shot up to my eyebrows that had been make-up free for weeks now. I had forgotten about how a crazy stylist had plucked my eyebrows almost to death.

“Don’t worry everything we talk about in here is confidential,” she promised me.

Yeah sure.

“No really I can’t even tell your mother about what we talk about in here. So don’t worry about anything getting out,” she explained.

I still don’t trust you.

“So Sungyeol why don't you tell me little bit about yourself?” she asked me.

What is this a interrogation?

She stared at my face then smiled as if she was the crazy one.

“I’m sorry your Ahjoommai told me about how you’ve decided to stop speaking,” she told me as she place her notebook onto her lap.

I scoffed.

It’s not that I didn't want to speak it’s that I didn't have anything to say.

She bent over and grabbed something out of an orange grocery bag. Only when she was handing it to me did I realized what it was.

A square white board like one of the types you hang on your wall and a black dry erase marker.

“There now we can talk,” she sigh as if she just solved the answer to all humankind.

I didn’t feel like talking especially to this doctor.

Was she even old enough to be a doctor?

I eyed the two certificate on the walls.

They had to be fake.

“So Sungyeol tell me something about yourself?” she told me as she grabbed ahold of the notepad once again.

No.

“Come on Sungyeol I know you like to talk,” she told me.

I gave her a questioning look.

“I mean uh,” she stuttered. “Okay I googled you!”

I crossed my arms and sunk into the couch.

“Hey wouldn’t anyone do the same if they were in my position?You know I always wanted to be a idol when I was younger,” she cleared her voice and sung a line from girls generation Gee.

I covered my ears with my hands and shot her a glare in her direction.

“Sorry,” she blushed. “ Oh before I forget you have amazing legs in heels.” She laughed as she covered .

I lift up my hand as I glared at the laughing doctor. I took a deep breath and lowered my hand. If I killed this woman now I would have nowhere to dispose of the body.

“I’m sorry,” she apologized but she was still smiling. “Now do you want to tell me something about yourself or do I have to start doodling in this notebook,” she said pointing to the old notebook.

Do I want to talk about myself to a stranger?

The answer is no.

“Come on Sungyeol I’ve already seen you dress like a woman now tell me one thing about yourself!”

I was taken aback.

I sighed. I uncapped the marker unsure if I really wanted to talk to this quack.

What do you want to know?

“Anything? Like what is your favorite color? Or animal? Really anything you want to tell me,” she said.

I like pink

It was safe and didn’t give too much away.

“Ah pink isn’t that a girls color,” she asked as she brushed a strand of hair out of her eyes.

I shot her a glare then roughly pushed the white board onto my lap.

“Sorry I just thought you would pick green or black or even blue but you know pink is different. Different is good and something to be proud of. Plus studies have shown that people who favor the color pink are gentle, maternal, and protective but they also want special treatment and  they live a shelter life. Pink people require affection and like to feel love and secure,” she informed me as if she was some sort of color expert.

So you think I live a shelter life.

“Just because studies have shown something doesn’t mean it’s the truth,” she sighed as if she had just answered a stupid question. “So tell me something else.”

No.

I’m tired and I’m still sweaty from the running here.

Let’s just sit in silence.

“Your boring,” she sighed placing down her clipboard.

It only took a minute for the doctor to break.

“Do you mind if I talk since sitting in an empty room is awkward,” she suggested.

Great so now I’m going to have to sit here and listen to this chick talk about how her boyfriend just dumped her or whatever girls talk about.

“Good.” She sighed and stretches her arms above her head. “So Sungyeol I heard you like stories. Would you like to hear one?”

Oh God no.

“I promise if you don’t like the story you don’t have to come back,” she told me.

I smiled.

A ticket out of this crazy house.

I nodded my head.

“I think you’ll like this story Sungyeol,” she smiled.

I doubt that.

“Now this story is about a girl name Hyun Jung who was a normal teenager a push over maybe but still a good kid. She went to school and also worked a part time job. She had her whole life ahead of her when she received some news,” Dr. Kang told me placing her hands together as if she was going to pray.

I raised my eyebrow.

“Hey! I haven't even started the story yet, just wait it'll get more interesting. Now the whole story starts...oh yes with an accident…”

Where was the room?

I walked the hospital hallways with my arms full of coffee and cupcakes. After all it was all I could do for him.

We were drinking well more like he was drinking and he fell in front of a car. I should have pulled him out of the way but he was too heavy for me.

A broken arm was all that happen instead of something worse.

I stopped at room 1201, underneath the pink sign read Kim Chi Gyu.

I was here.

I pushed back my bangs then made my way into the room.

“How long do you have to keep this on for?” a voice asked.

“For about a month,” Chi Gyu replied.

“A month? Does it get sweaty?” she questioned.

“It’s not sweaty yet?” Chi Gyu replied.

I shut the door and made my way into his hospital room.

“Let me smell it,” the voice said.

“Ouch that hurts! I’m a sick patient here,” Chi Gyu whine.

I rounded the corner to see Chi Gyu laying in bed with his arm in a cast. Next to him was her but he told me that they broke up.

Her hair was perfect.

Her makeup was perfect.

Everything about her was perfect no wonder why he’s dating her.

“You're here,” he said with smile.

“Oh here,” I said handing the gifts I brought to Seyoung.

Seyoung brought her perfect nose up to the coffee, “It smells good.”

“Come over here and have a seat,” Chi Gyu patted the seat.

My heart skipped a beat. “No, it’s okay.”

“I came here to get my test results and I thought I would stopped by,” I told him trying my best to not sound disappointed. “I’m sure you're fine since the car only grazed you. I better get going.”

I started to walk away when I remembered something.

“Oh the coffee with the star on top has an extra shot that one is for you, Chi Gyu,” I told him.

“I’ll text you later!” he called after me.

“Thanks for the treats,” Seyoung yelled.

I sighed as I walked out of the door.

They were meant for him and I not for her. How did my plans get so messed up?

I walked down the hallway my thoughts stuck in my head.

I took a empty seat in a crowded waiting room.

“He said it was all over,” I mumbled to myself.

“Lee Hyun Jung,” someone called me.

I looked up to see a nurse carrying a clipboard. “Lee Hyun Jung.”

“Yes,” I replied standing up.

“Come this way,” she told me.

I followed the woman into a hallway away from the waiting room. She opened a door labeled number two and pointed for me to go inside. A doctor wearing a white coat was sitting at a desk looking at a pieces of paper.

He looked up and gave a small smile and motion for me to take a seat.

“Lee Hyun Jung nice to meet you. I’m going to be giving you your test results that you did last week,” he told me.

I nodded.

He brought up my xray then looked at me then back to the xrays.

“I don’t know how to say this but you have cancer,” he said.

“Excuse me!” I shouted.

“Pancreatic cancer,” he told me. “On the last stages I’m afraid. I’m sure it’s must have been quite painful. How did you endure all that pain?”

“No, it can’t be. That’s just absurd!” I yelled.

“Was there any time you felt displeasure or pain?” he asked me as he cocked his head.

“No..well.”

I thought about all the times my stomach suddenly started to hurt at school, work, and even at home. I just thought it was normal.

“I can’t believe this is happening to me,” I said to myself. “It can’t be.”

Tears were rolling down my face but I felt nothing.

“It’s too late to do anything at this stage. Three months is what you are expected to live,” he told me.

Why me?

How can I tell my Father and Brother? Who will cook for them?

What am I going to do?

 

“What is it this time?” she asked stopping the story.

She looked at the words I wrote on the whiteboard.

She dies the end.

“Just listen to the story then you can see what happens,” she told me.

I didn’t want to listen to this stupid story.

 

“Where was I ahh yes…”

 

I was laying on my bed crying.

“I didn’t want to die.”

Bring..

I turned my attention to my computer to see that I had received new emails. I clicked on the button which instantly brought up three ads.

“What would you like to do before you die” it read.

“Before I die?”

I smiled widely.

 

7. Be Lady Gaga for a day

It took forever to get the costume but I couldn’t deny I looked amazing. I was wearing a pink dress with a blond wig. Everyone was turning to look at me and for once in my life I felt amazing.

 

12.  Show Chi Gyu a picture of Seyoung before she got her plastic surgery

This one I wasn’t proud about but it had to be done.

I pressed the blue send button hoping for the best although I couldn’t help but want to see Chi Gyu face when he realized how fake Seyoung was.

 

I had arrived at Juju finally after a painful plane trip that I spent all my money on. Like it matter because I was going to di-.

Lets not think about that now. As I walked down the streets my nose caught a glimpse of something wonderful. What was that.

I walked up to the doorstep of a over crowded restaurant.

“A soju over here,” a man called.

“More kimchi over here,” another women called.

I looked above at the menu to see that everything was a little bit too pricey but what did I care for?

 

1. Eat all the delicious food I want

 

After ordering food from a women in a blue apron she informed me that there was no more seats available inside. She led me out of the overly crowded room to a small tent next to the ocean.

“It’s okay everyone sits together,” she reassure me as she led me to a table where a young man was sitting. “She will be joining.”

The man looked up and gaved an annoying glance in my direction.

I shouldn’t be here.

He looks angry.

“Your food will be out in a minute,” she told me as she took off towards the busy restaurant.

I looked up at the handsome man who was wearing a blue stripe shirt. He was handsome that was for sure but his face held a permanent scowl.

I sat there biting my lip as the man started at the ocean.

What was he thinking about?

Should I ask?

No it seems as if he would kill me if I uttered a word.

It was only when the women approached did he finally turn his attention from the ocean.

‘Here’s your meal,” the woman said placing down a red pot.

“I ordered my own serving for two,” the man suddenly spoke up.

“Oh sorry but you two can share and I’ll throw in a free coke for both of you,” the woman promised.

“But-”

“Then it’s final,” the women left the table with such urgency that he didn’t have time to argue back.

I looked back at the annoyed man who had his eyes back on the ocean again. Was he really not going to eat this?

I bit the corner of my lip then handed him a spoon and chopsticks. “Sorry for intruding but I heard the cutlass fish at this place is amazing.”

He sighed then ripped the chopstick out of my hands. In no time we were both eating as fast as we could. We spoke no words but that was fine with me because that would just get in the way.

Soon there was only one piece of fish left in the pot. The man grabbed ahold of it the same time as I did. We both shared small smiles but underneath was pure greed.

I was still hungry and so was he.

He quickly ripped the fish out of my grasps but before he could take one bite I carefully plucked the fish from his chop sticks. I smiled widely as I ate the fish quickly with one bite. I looked over at the man to see that he was covered in red sauce.

Oh no!

“Dirty! I’m dirty now!” he screamed as he stood up making a scene.

“Calm down,” I told him in a hush voice.

“God!” he screamed as he walked back into the restaurant.

What was his problem?

 

“What is it now Sungyeol,” Dr. Kang asked.

Why didn’t she split the meal?

“I don’t know maybe she was selfish? Why does it matter?” Dr. Kang snapped.

“I’m never going to finish if you keep on interrupting me. Now where was I?”

 

My stomach felt as if it was going to bust. I can’t believe I spent that much money on a meal. Oh well what does it matter?

I walked down a path leading to a private beach. I always wanted to see the ocean now I can with the time I have left. I made it halfway down the path when I notice I wasn’t alone.

There was bottles on the ground next to a pair of clothes and green soju bottles.

I looked to my right to see a man walking into the water.

“What was he doing?” I asked myself. Then it dawned on me he was doing something I wasn’t brave enough to do.

I ran forward intended on stopping him when one of my rules stopped me in my tracks.

 

5. Don’t get involved in other people’s business.

I turned around and started to make my way back up to the beach.

“Fine have a nice life,” he screamed. “I’ll just end my life here!”

I bit the corner of my lip then-

 

“I’ll finish this when you come back in again,” Dr. Kang said.

I shot up from my seat and quickly wrote my reply.

Why? What happen? They both died? No she saved him?

“I’ll tell you when you return,” she replied crossing her arms.

I scribbled down something else on the whiteboard. You’re playing dirty.

“I never said I was going to play fair,” she replied with a sly smile on her face. “I guess you can leave now,” she said pointing to the door.

Was that it?

What about the story?

“Like I said next time,” she scolded me.

You’re really not going to tell me?

“Nope,” she replied crossing her head.

She really wasn’t going to tell me?

“I’m not going to tell you,” she said sternly.

For some reason it made me angry that Dr. Kang with lead me on like this. I uncapped the lid and started to write something down on the whiteboard with smile.

This will teach her.

I stood up taking the whiteboard in my hand.

“W-What are you doing?” she asked me.

I walked closer to her letting my shirt lift up slightly as I walked. I was using every lesson they taught us at woollim to make girls scream.

“S-Sungyeol,” she sputtered.

I leaned over so my lips were almost touching her ear. I slowly breathe out letting my warm breath hit her ear.

“I-I,” she seemed to lost all sense of the world.

I tossed the whiteboard in her lap.

I let out a laugh then walked out of the room leaving Dr. Kang staring at the white board.

Stop embarrassing yourself and don’t plan on me coming back.

 

Hey you guys,

It’s been a crazy couple of weeks but I had to update today because tomorrow well it’s kind of today because 2am right now. Hahaha 2 AM. Do you guys realize how fit 2am is and their a ballad group? Hmm weird. I think I need sleep by the way. Anyways what I’m try to say is today is my BIRTHDAY! I wanted to update to give you guys a gift on my birthday even though it should be the opposite way. Oh well. Well enjoy you guys!!