Part One: Sunggyu

The Words Unsaid
Part One
Sunggyu

“YAH! Sungjong!” I screamed loud enough for the whole apartment building to hear.

This was it! I’ve had enough.

I could feel the pounding of another headache as my anger started to reach its peak.

“Sunggyu,” came a small voice.

I whipped around to see the youngest standing there with a confused look.

That made me angrier.

“YAH! Where have you been? You missed practice,” my loud voice making the young boy jump back.

“Hyung I was doing something and I lost track of time by accident,” Sungjong admitted with head hung low.

“Is Infinite less important than whatever you were doing? It has to be since you didn’t show up,” I pointed out with my arms crossed.

“No that’s not what I meant I was just-”

I placed my hand up cutting off his words.

“I don’t care. No phone, television, reading, or dancing to girl group songs for two weeks,” I snapped at him.

“But that’s not fair! Hoya wasn’t even at practice today!” Sungjong retorted crossing his arms.

“Hoya had a drama meeting you on the other hand had no excuse for missing practice. Just be glad that Manger Jungryul didn’t tell Jung Yeop-nim. Maybe you should’ve thought about your members before you skipped practiced” I yelled at him.

Sungjong was about to say something else but I ignored him and walked passed him into my room. I could see Sungjong staring at the ground as I slammed the door shut.

I was glad that Myungsoo was busy at another schedule and Sungjong was still outside or else they would’ve seen their leader sliding to the floor.

I never wanted to yell at the members but I couldn’t let this go.

Sungjong had to realize that his actions didn’t just affect himself but everyone around him.

I rubbed my as I remembered the punishment Manger Jungryul had gave me a coupled hours ago.

It wasn’t my fault that Sungjong missed practiced but yet I had to take all fifteens blows for him.

I climbed off the floor picking up a bottle of stress relief natural vitamin from my nightstand and popped two in my mouth. I rubbed the corner of my head trying to relive my headache.

If only I could take a pill that could solve all my problems.

  

 

I was still mad at Sungjong and that morning didn’t help anything. 

I was dreaming that I was singing on stage with Nelll at  a huge concert. They were in the middle of screaming my name when I smelt something burning.

I placed my blanket over my head trying to block the smell but it was no use.

Then all of sudden a beeping sound grew louder and louder from behind my door.

The fire alarm!

Although my nickname is Grandpa Gyu I still knew how to move it.

I jump out of my bed not caring that I was only wearing my boxers. I slammed open my door and ran towards the source of the chaos.

I turn the corner to the kitchen to see Woohyun with a fire extinguisher while Sungyeol was trying to pull something burnt out of a pot using a pair of tongs.

There was white foam all over the kitchen stove top dripping down the counter to the floor. I assumed Woohyun was forced to use the extinguisher.

“What’s going on?!” I shouted over the beeping.

“W—t?” Sungyeol called leaning forward.

BRRINGG BEEP BEEP  BRRINNG

The house phone rang in the distance in between the fire alarm.

Sungyeol grabbed the phone off of the kitchen table and answered it. He placed one hand over his ear as he tried to listen to whoever was on the other side.

“Yes…We’re all fine. Just an accident….No we don’t need any help….Yes….Well you know you could turn off this annoying sound!” Sungyeol shouted. “Yes Sir we understand. It won’t happen again.”

Sungyeol hanged up the phone and placed it back on the table.

“That’s the f---nt de-sk,” Sungyeol shouted but the words were cut off.

“What!?” I shouted placing my hand to my ear and leaning in closer to him.

I could see Sungyeol mouth moving again but I couldn’t understand anything he was saying.

“What?” I asked again.

Suddenly the fire alarm went off leaving Sungyeol standing there shouting a mouthful of curse words into the air.

“The front desk attendant is going to turn off the alarm,” Sungyeol told me after he was done cursing.

“We can already see that,” I snapped at him.

“What happen?” Myungsoo asked rubbing his eyes coming into the kitchen.

“Sungjong was trying to cook,” Woohyun pointed to the youngest member who was wearing an apron that was covered in food. He had a whisk in one hand and a cook book in the other.  His face had smudges of flour while his hair had pieces of egg shells and bits of food. Any other day I would have laughed but being that we all just had gotten back two hours ago with no sleep put me on edge. 

“Yah! Sungjong!” Sungyeol yelled at him shaking his head in disappointment.

By now all the members had woken up. Dongwoo was leaning against Hoya’s shoulder still trying to fall back asleep. Myungsoo was now fully awake watching the scene in front of him. Woohyun was staring at Sungjong with disgust since the kitchen was his domain. Sungyeol was poking chopsticks at the burnt pieces of food. As if that was the right way to tell what it was.

“Sorry,” Sungjong apologized looking at the ground.

“How many times do I need to tell you to not touch the stove. Every time you cook something like this happens!” I pointed to the mess.

“What were you trying to make anyways,” Woohyun questioned.

“It was an accident,” Sungjong ignored Woohyun question.

“Clean it up,” I order him.

“But Hyung,” Sungjong whined almost in tears.

“I don’t care what you have to say just clean it up.  After you clean up this mess go buy us breakfast,” I instructed him. It was only fair since he burnt most of our breakfast items.

“It’s not fair!” Sungjong argued as he threw off his dirty apron. He threw down the spatula and the recipe book and stomped to our room slamming the door after he entered the room. I could imagine that he was now hitting a white stuffed animal cursing my name after each hit.

“Dongwoo go talk to Sungjong. No one clean up this mess,” I pointed to the mess and looked at each one of my members with a stern look. They all rolled their eyes and walked back to their rooms or to the living room area.

I was about to enter my room when I remembered that Sungjong would still be mad at me. So instead I made a turn and went straight to the outside door.

We weren’t allowed to leave the building without a mangers consent but I wasn’t planning on going outside.

Just a lap around the building would clear my mind.

Why couldn’t we have a maknae that understood his part?

Take care of his hyungs without complaining or burning down the building.

Ever since we figured out that Sungjong was a lousy cook we decided to give all the cooking reasonability to Woohyun.

When Woohyun was too busy or tired we just cooked for ourselves. Except for Sungjong who caused something to suddenly combust every time he just walked by the kitchen.

My head throbbed once again as I tried to clear my mind.

I knew that I was going to be yelled again and most likely punished for Sungjong mistakes.

The only thing I could do now is just forget about everything as I made the second lap around the floor.

If only I could forget.

  

 
When I walked back into the dorm the kitchen wasn’t clean nor was it the next day.

I was still mad at Sungjong as we all piled into the car for another scheduled day.

By now all the boys had forgiven Sungjong that is except for me.

Dongwoo was always the first to forgive the person. Then Woohyun, Hoya, Myungsoo, than lastly Sungyeol.

I usually forgave the member quickly but this was a different story.

Sungjong never listen to me when it really counted.

He never listened to anyone.

  

 “Thank you,” we all bowed to the staff.

The radio host a way to skinny women flashed her white teeth as she shakes each one of our hands.

“Thank you,” I reply again bowing once again.

She was about to say something to me when manger Gonam interrupted us.

“Come on we’re running late,” Gonam told us trying to usher us out the door.

It was always like this all the time, rushing from one event to the next one.

I gave an apologetic smile to the women then followed my group out the door.

Even between walking from the studio to the outside garaged, I could tell that Sungyeol was mad.

Sungjong had made fun of Sungyeol singing voice during the radio show.

Sure we all picked on each other but we never tried to hit something so personal.

We all knew that Sungyeol was still struggling with being confident with his voice.

So the minute Sungjong made a comment about his voice we all knew he had made a huge mistake.

Thankfully Sungyeol is quick with words and made a sly comment back but still the words were said.

We had finally made it back to where Gonam had parked the van.

“Myungsoo, Woohyun, and Hoya you’re going to go with Hyowan while the rest of you are going to go with me back to the studio,” he told us.

We all nodded as we each headed to one of the vans.  Goodbyes were never said since we’re always together. We knew that we would see each other back at the dorm later that night.

Sungyeol was the first one to in the van taking his usual seat in the back. Next Dongwoo who took his normal seat in the middle section of the van.  Sungjong was about to sit in the back when Sungyeol stretched out his long legs blocking him.

“Hyung,” Sungjong whined.

“I’m tired. Get lost,” Sungyeol waved his hand looking outside the window.

“Sungjong just take my seat,” I told him pointing to the seat across from Dongwoo. Sungjong smiled widely but I turned my head ignoring any further sign from him.

I pushed past Sungjong and Dongwoo and took Sungjong seat.

Sungyeol was sitting with his arms crossed as he looked outside the window.

“Let’s go,” Manager Gonam told us as he climbed into the driver side.

“Hyung I’m hungry,” Dongwoo called from his seat.

“But you just ate two bowls of ramen two hours ago,” Gonam replied.

“That’s two hours ago!” Dongwoo whined grabbing ahold of his stomach.

“It has to be quick,” Gonam replied as he the car.

“Yes Hyung,” Dongwoo replied with a wide gummy smile.

I turned my head trying to hide my smile.

Sometimes I forgot how childish Dongwoo acted at times.

I took out my mp3 player and placed my headphones to my ears drowning out the car and the people around me.

Tonight I had a meeting with Jung Yeop-nim.

I loved our CEO but I hated our one on one meeting that was held once a month. I was the mouth and ears of Infinite and no one could know how much pressure that was. If Infinite had made a mistake it was me sitting through a long lecture not my members. They in turn got Jung Yeop-nim speech from me but it never caused the same effect.

If only they could listen to me.

Was that too much to ask for?

Suddenly I could see from the corner of my eye Gonam waving a fist at the windshield. Curiosity got the best of me as I pulled out my head phones.

“What’s wrong?” I asked sitting up in my seat.

“Some fans are following us,” he told me.

My heart sank.

I turned my head and I could see two silver cabs weaving in-between traffic.

Don’t get me wrong I loved our fans but there were some who took it too far.

Following us home and trying to sneak into our dorm.

Some days they made us question why we were doing this.

“Hyung, can you lose them?” I asked him.

“I’m sorry Dongwoo I think we might have to cancel get-“

It happened so fast but yet everything was in slow motion. One of the taxis had hit the car in front of them sending that car in a war wind hitting another car. Then suddenly out of nowhere I saw a SUV coming straight for us.

Oh my Go-

SREEKEE CRUNCH

Screams.

Pain.

Darkness.

 

 


Vocab:

Hyung: What younger men call older men who they are close to.

Maknae: The youngest in the group.

Mangers:

So I'm going to be using three mangers in this story:

Kim Jungryoul: Head Manager 

Ryu Gonam

Cho Hyowan


Author Notes:

I was really surprised that when I woke up this morning to see that I have subscribers. I haven't even wrote anything yet but people are subscribing.
Thank you so much! Seriously that just gave me so much more confidence in this story.
 
Also this story POV (Point of View) is going to be skipping around throughout the story from member to member. I feel that this is the best way to tell my story. You can tell whose POV of the story it is by the picture on top and I will also write their name too.
 
Thank you guys!  I really hope that you like the first part of my story!
 
-Morgan