Don't Fall

Gomawo, Chingu Yah {Indefinite Hiatus}

Chapter 3 – Don’t Fall

 

 

An entire week went by with a rocky start thanks to Yonghwa’s ineptitude in realizing what he was saying hurt his girlfriend. With only a month left until graduation, things were about to get a lot busier. Tiffany seemed a little distant, but not really angry. On the other hand, Yonghwa wasn’t feeling too bad. Ever since that day he rescued Seohyun, they had become pretty close friends in under a week. It seemed the both of them felt the same way about each other in terms of a strange attraction. Even though Yonghwa knew he should be trying as hard as he could to fix things with Tiffany, she wasn’t making too much of an effort herself. Sure, he was being the bad boyfriend, but relationships take two people to fix. If she didn’t want it to work out, then he couldn’t do anything about it.

“As you all may know, graduation is right around the corner. This year we decided to do something differently with the graduation performances we usually have,” Yonghwa’s homeroom teacher spoke. Usually he wouldn’t be bothered to listen to the man’s instructions, but the graduation performance was really important. That was the time that many scouters came around to recruit people to their agencies. Even though he had a lot of offers already, he was waiting for just the right one.

“Indeed we have,” another teacher’s voice jumped in. Yonghwa noticed that his guitar teacher had let herself into the room and conversation as well. “Normally we just choose a bunch of people and train them separately. However, this year we are going to mix it up a bit.”

“Thank you, Kim Seonsaeng for interrupting me…” growled the male teacher. “Anyways, this time around we are going to have you all switch classes. Every day for the rest of the year you will all be put into a designated class. In this class you will receive training from teachers you haven’t had contact with as well as people you have never met. This will test your skills in terms of your ability to quickly adapt to new settings.”

The entire class began to murmur at the sudden change of events. Everyone already had an idea of who they were going to perform with and what they would perform. They all had an idea of each other’s strengths and weaknesses and how to counter them for one another. Now that they would be coupled with new strangers, things started to seem a little crazy. Yonghwa hadn’t really thought about the performance in terms of his partner, so it wasn’t really a complete surprise.

“This special class will be at the end of the day right before school is over. Once you leave this classroom, go to the hallway around the corner and your names will be posted on the list,” the female teacher interrupted once more. “Even if you’re paired up with new partners and teachers, you should all have more than enough ability to do well. If not, you’ll screw up the most important performance of the year.”

Yonghwa originally planned to work with Tiffany on the performance since in the past years, people were allowed to choose their teammates. He knew that Tiffany and him could help each other out in the areas they lacked in. Tiffany was a great dancer, while Yonghwa lacked a little. Yonghwa played instruments, but Tiffany did not. They both sang well and they were both more than capable of singing an amazing duet. Even though they had weaknesses, their teamwork could make it seem like they were both perfect performers.

“I guess we’re not going to be paired together like we thought,” Tiffany commented from behind him. Class had ended just a few minutes ago and the busy students all made their way to see what class they would be put in. Yonghwa turned around at the sudden words and gave her a weak smile. They had seen each other often, but it had been pretty awkward.

“Yeah, I guess not. I was looking forward to performing together on the last stage of our high school lives,” Yonghwa lamented. Both teenagers walked side by side, uncomfortable silence wedging itself in between them. “So um, what class do you think you’ll be put in?”

“I hear they’re going to put us in a class that we at. Like if you’re bad at vocals, you’ll be put in the vocals class. It’s just a rumor though,” Tiffany explained. Yonghwa’s face went completely white at the mention of his worst class. Dancing was fun for him, and he thought he was pretty decent, but not according to his dance instructor. If they were going by his weakest class, he was sure to be put in the dance course in which the teacher hated him.

The distant couple scoured the board with their eyes in hopes to find their names in the array of letters and numbers. “Oh, that’s strange,” Tiffany spoke out. “I got put in the dance class even though that’s pretty much my best subject. I guess we were wrong after all.”

“Damn it! Aish! Lucky you…” Yonghwa growled. “At least you like dancing. I got put in the dance class too. I guess we will be together after all.” Yonghwa’s smile grew a little at the thought of having Tiffany in his class for the performance. That would give him a chance to really apologize to her and fix up their relationship as much as he could.

“No, I’m in another class,” Tiffany noticed. “I’m with instructor Lee and you’re with instructor Yang.” Yonghwa’s smile disappeared faster than it had shown up at the realization that he had. Not only was he with the devil teacher Mr. Yang, but now he was also all alone. He hoped to get someone he could remotely get along with. He was a nice and friendly guy, but when it came to music, he went into serious mode. So far nobody in the entire school had ever made him excited about music, so he assumed it would be the same still.

“Well, I guess we’ll still be in the same hall. If I get a little break or something, I’ll swing by to your room and talk a little,” Yonghwa promised with another smile.

“Alright,” Tiffany agreed happily. “Well, I have to go to class for now but I’ll see you later. I’ll be looking forward to your visit okay?” Yonghwa nodded in agreement and watched his girlfriend disappear amongst the crowd of students. The slight skip in her step indicated that she was happy to talk to him again. After all, they were going out still.

“Yah, did you hear about that new ace they have over in the vocals class,” whispered a girl at her locker. “They say she’s only a 3rd year student but they’re letting her perform in the graduation ceremony.”

“Really? Wow, I thought only the 4th year students that are graduating get to perform?” asked her friend beside her. “Do you know who it is?”

“No I don’t but apparently the guy is really good. I heard one of the teachers talking about how they were going to let him perform with the best of the best.”

“Wait, if there is someone that good, why haven’t we heard of him?” questioned the girl Yonghwa supposed was younger than him. “I don’t think it would be easy to hide a talented student like that.”

“I don’t really know. It’s all pretty confusing if you ask me. Soo Min went to check all the boards with the performers names on it and she only saw 4th year students. Maybe the thing about that ace is a lie,” she reasoned.

Yonghwa tried to remember if there were any guys he had met that were skilled enough to be the person they were talking about. Being the most popular kid in the school made it easy to meet people, but also hard to remember them. Nevertheless, he would have remembered someone skilled enough to be placed in the graduation performance as a junior. He hadn’t even heard of anyone doing that in the past few years.

“Hyung! Why are you spacing out like that?” Jungshin asked while tapping him on the shoulder. “Are you having that forest dream again?” Yonghwa turned to face the tall boy that was one year younger than him and gave him an acid filled stare. He had accidentally let the dream slip out in conversation but luckily they didn’t know the girl in it was Seohyun.

“Jungshin, do you know anyone that’s good enough to get into the graduation performance as a junior?” Yonghwa asked. “Today the list of performers came out, but I heard there’s a special guy from the 3rd year vocals class that will perform too.”

“I heard that was just a rumor though,” Jungshin reasoned. “Being a 3rd year student myself, I would know all the people in my classes. I haven’t met anyone that fits that criteria. Everyone says it’s a guy that can really sing though. Maybe you can ask Minhyuk or Jonghyun?”

“Yeah, I’ll try…” Yonghwa trailed off. He didn’t usually worry about other people, but this had him intrigued. Yonghwa was always up for finding people that were talented, so this really intrigued him. If there was in fact someone that was that good, they would be worth his time. Now he had to go around and find out who this guy was.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After an entire day of exhaustively looking for that amazing person, Yonghwa had found out nothing. If anything, all he had done was spread the rumor of that person even more. Now with only 2 hours of school remaining, he made his way to the special training class for performers. If he wasn’t so preoccupied with the search and the fact that his teacher was a total , he would actually be sort of excited for the special class.

“Ah, Yonghwa, so glad you could join us,” instructor Yang greeted. “Please do come in.” Yonghwa bowed his head slightly towards the teacher and walked into the room full of people he didn’t really know. They were all members of other classes that he didn’t usually come into contact with. He knew most of them, but not well enough to hold a conversation.

“Yang seonsaeng,” a girl from the back spoke out. “I heard that you were going to put a 3rd year student in this class. Is that true?”

“I see rumors fly around wildly all throughout the school. To answer your question, yes, we will be getting a 3rd year student. Yonghwa, in fact, will be the lucky student to be paired up with this new student,” the instructor chuckled. Yonghwa’s head perked up at the explanation from the teacher almost instantly.

“Me?”

“No the other Jung Yonghwa in this class,” the annoyed man replied sarcastically. “Yes, you Yonghwa.”

“Sorry I’m late,” apologized a girl at the front of the room. “I’ve never been around this part of the school. I was told to come here by a teacher but I really don’t know what’s going on. Would you be able to explain it for me?”

“Ah yes, Seo Joohyun is your name right?”

“Yes that’s me.”

“For some reason you were chosen by a few of your teachers to be in the graduation performance. I don’t really know what is going on either, but your recommendations from them were outstanding,” he explained. “If you’re as good as you are on paper, then you must be amazing. Anyways, please take your seat next to the boy with the black hair over there.”

“You again..?” Yonghwa asked the girl that just came in.

“Woah, what a coincidence. I get to be with the cocky, arrogant, jerk for this? This will be fun I guess,” Seohyun joked. Yonghwa stared at her walk to his side and flash him a happy smile. Had it not been for his look of complete surprise, he would have blushed at the brightness of her grin.

“You’re all probably wondering why you’re all here today. As the rumor suggest, you all were placed in your classes because of your weaknesses. Your partner’s and your weaknesses are what led us to pair you all up. Also, you were all placed in this dance class because of your weaknesses in dancing, but that wasn’t really the main reason. For this first time around, we will start off with introductions to each other and your musical style. Then we will jump into some light practice towards the end.”

The class of twenty students burst out into conversation as soon as they were given the green light to speak with each other. Not only were they discussing what the teacher requested, they also murmured a bit about who Seohyun was. None of them seemed to know what she was doing there, especially the rabid fangirls Yonghwa had. Both he and Seohyun could tell half of them were foaming at the mouth because she had been chosen as Yonghwa’s partner.

“Looks like you have quite the large fanbase. How does it feel to have tons of women ready to throw themselves onto you,” Seohyun mocked. “You better calm those rabid girls in the corner over there. They look like they’re ready to bite my head off.”

“What are you doing here?” Yonghwa asked while completely ignoring anything she was saying. “How did you get into this class?”

“I don’t really know,” she admitted truthfully. “I hate attention and what not so I just go to class and keep to myself. I don’t really like these kinds of things, but this time it sounds like it will be fun. I guess we don’t really have to introduce ourselves do we?”

“Um, I guess not…”

“Anyways, so apparently we’re together because of our weaknesses? I don’t really get that,” she began to wonder. “I’ve always scored pretty well in dancing examinations. If you’re also weak at dancing, wouldn’t that make us even weaker as a team? I hardly see the logic in this.”

“Dancing isn’t the only thing you two are bad at. You were placed here because you both can cover each other’s weaknesses. Joohyun, you’re a shy and reserved girl. You have so much talent, but you hide it from other people. Being in the performing world, you can’t be like that,” Instructor Yang interrupted. Yonghwa and Seohyun turned around to see the teacher giving them advice. Yonghwa found it a bit weird that he was doing that, since he usually was an utter jerk.

“I see…”

“Yonghwa, you’re talented as well, but you limit yourself. You can crank out so much more out of your music, but you hold back. You haven’t found anyone that you can really let go with right?” the dance teacher supposed. “You’re also extremely confident in your abilities. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but too much confidence is not good.”

“I still don’t see why we were paired up,” Yonghwa remarked.

“Joohyun will help you get your dancing up to par. You will help her become more confident and open about her talents. Sounds like a good plan to me,” he stated. “Also, Joohyun, I have gotten word from your dance instructor that you lack the ability to do certain dances. We will surely knock all of those uncertainties and negative things out of you two before the performance. After all, you look like the strongest candidates for the grand finale.”

“Really?!” they both asked in surprise.

“That’s what I’ve heard from the other teachers. You two can do it, I’m sure you can. Now, I’ll go let the other kids have a shot at advice,” their teacher pointed out before leaving. Both Seohyun and Yonghwa were left wondering what to make of the words their instructor just gave them.

“I guess he’s right,” Seohyun began. “You’re arrogant and I’m not too open about my performances. I can perform well, I just don’t like the attention. Although I guess that doesn’t really make sense since you’ll get nothing but attention in the show business world.”

“What dances do you have trouble with?”

“That dance you saw me doing. I just can’t find it in me to give it my all to y dances,” Seohyun admitted. “So shall we introduce ourselves a bit more? Last time I checked, I only knew your name.”

“Oh right hehe,” Yonghwa chuckled. “Well I’m Jung Yonghwa, 18 years old, 4th year student and I sing and play guitar.”

“Seo Joohyun, 17 years old, 3rd year student, and I enjoy singing and playing instruments as well.”

“What instruments can you play?”

“Well, at first I only really took piano lessons and violin lessons as a child. Somehow I learned how to play guitar from just watching my dad, but I never actually really learned. Other than that, i can play a song or two on a few other instruments, but nothing big,” Seohyun explained. The more and more she explained about herself, the more he felt closer to her. They weren’t really revealing anything special, but it was enough for him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Tiffany!” Instructor Lee yelled. “Stop, stop, stop. Tiffany, dear, are you alright? Maybe this just isn’t for you.”

“I can do this, I know I can,” she assured him. Practice for the performance had been long over and she still had yet to receive recognition from the instructor. It was only the first practice and they had only gotten to know their partners better, but she was already working hard.

“Tiffany, remember what I told you in class about what your weaknesses are. You’re only showing them more to me right now,” the teacher told her. “You have danced slow, steady, and classical dances your whole life. Things like ballet that are considered more artistic are perfect for you. These relatively newer dances are something you aren’t accustomed to.”

Tiffany huffed a little and stopped moving her arms and legs for a second. She remembered the words that Instructor Lee had told her were her weaknesses. She was used to doing classical dances, limiting her to the new modern dances, especially dances related to the idol industry. Sure she scored high when she performed those dances, even if they were out of her element, but they were still off by a bit. Something was missing. Fierce and y dances were something she wasn’t used to, leaving her behind the rest of her peers. Even if she was considered the queen of dance by her classmates and teachers, her dancing wasn’t perfect in the eyes of someone who could truly judge her.

“Mr. Lee, I can continue for a while longer. Please, allow me to do so,” Tiffany begged.

“No, please Miss Hwang, leave the practice room. Here you are showing me yet another one of your weaknesses you must work on. You worry too much about the performance. You meticulously calculate your steps for things you have trouble on. Dancing is an art, you know this already,” Mr. Lee explained. “Don’t try to push yourself through it and plan it out. If the steps don’t come out naturally, they won’t come out at all. Now please, go home.”

“Arasso,” she agreed reluctantly. After picking up her things she headed out into the hall slowly. It wasn’t the first time her dancing had been criticized, yet it felt like it was. Her steps were perfect. They were so perfect that even the idols who performed them on stage would be amazed. However, even she knew that they were missing something. Even if they were perfectly executed, without the feeling for the art, they were worth nothing.

From the sounds of the room across from her, it seemed like people from the other class were still practicing. The instructor yelled commands and music continued to play. Upon staring into the small window on the door, she realized Yonghwa was still inside practicing. Feeling the need to make her boyfriend comfort her, she ran off to find the nearest vending machine. She would bribe him with a cold drink at first, then get him to treat her to some dinner.

“Aish, you’re terrible aren’t you?” Instructor Yang complained. “I’m out of here. You two can fix yourselves up on your own. Joohyun, please help this hopeless case. I’ll see you two tomorrow.” Both students bowed respectfully, before plopping down on the slippery, wooden floor.

“Wow this is so hard,” Yonghwa groaned. “I didn’t think my dancing was that terrible. I guess I’m not as good as everyone says I am.”

“Damn straight!” she exclaimed rudely. “Anyways, I’m going to head home now. Do you want to head out with me or are you busy?”

As much as Yonghwa wanted to walk with Seohyun, he knew Tiffany far too well. Knowing her, she was still in the other room practicing her off on the first day. He wanted to go with Seohyun so bad, but in the end, Tiffany was more important at the moment. “Nah, I have to wait for someone to finish up practice. I’ll walk you out though.”

“Just let me grab my things and we can go.” On the way to the back of the room, Seohyun stepped on a loose shoelace and fell down. Had she not stuck out her hands to break her fall, she would have faceplanted pretty hard. Although she did break her fall, her knee managed to knock itself pretty hard onto the ground.

“Oh ! Are you okay?” Yonghwa asked worriedly. “Are you hurt?”

“Yeah, I’m fine…” she mumbled while getting up. Without her permission Yonghwa ran over to her and kept her on the ground. He let his eyes roam her body from top to bottom while searching for injuries. He noticed her leg had hit the floor rather roughly, leading his hands to touch her knee. Seohyun began to blush and her body heated up at the unwanted touch. Now they were both in a rather compromising situation. Yonghwa had his hands on her legs and was staring intensely at them.

“Oh, um sorry,” he replied shyly when he realized he was touching her without permission. “I was uh.. just worried about how you were doing. Does your knee hurt a lot?”

“Y-yeah it hurt’s just not a lot,” she stammered.

“Pabo, you’re going to get a huge bruise now,” he scolded. “Do you want me to get some ice for it so it doesn’t bruise too much?”

“Nah, that’s fine. I’m used to the bruises,” Seohyun dismissed. “When you’re sick like I am, bruises are pretty common. Sometimes I don’t even know where they come from.”

“Take care of yourself more,” he replied in a serious voice. “If not you’ll get this.” Yonghwa moved his hand up towards her face and gave her a hard flick to the forehead. “Let’s see if that bruises too.”

“Yah! Why are you touching me more? I bet you like it you ert. Did you like touching my legs like that too? Here why don’t you do it some more!” Seohyun took his hands playfully and forced them to rub her legs more. They both were just playing, so they didn’t realize the awkward nature of her actions. Unfortunately for both of them, Tiffany Hwang did. After skipping happily towards the room her boyfriend was in with drinks in hand, she had the misfortune to witness the happy scene. It had been ages since they laughed together like that and she couldn’t help but feel jealous of the girl with Yonghwa. Not in the mood to talk to him anymore, she made her way towards the front of the school in order to go home.

“Well, I’m going to head out first actually,” Yonghwa began. “I think the person I was waiting for is getting tired of waiting for me. I’ll see you later alright?”

“Yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow. Oh, and you better practice what we were supposed to.”

“I will.” With a wave and a smile, Yonghwa made it out the door rapidly to hopefully meet Tiffany. Seohyun smiled at his antics while resuming her search for her possessions. Yonghwa’s sudden reentrance to the room, startled her when she heard his voice again. “Seohyun, um… you should take care of yourself more.”

“Eh?”

“You look like you need a little more sleep. Look at those dark circles under your eyes,” he joked. He thought it was embarrassing to tell her those things so he masked them with his usual teasing. “Oh and you should put ice on that bruise. Are you sure you don’t need a ride home?”

“Yonghwa, I’m a big girl now,” she responded sassily. “I’ll be fine. And um, thanks for looking out for me. I hope that’s not just the pity you feel for me because of what I have.”

“No it’s not. I’m worried about you… err I mean… argh! Of course I’m worried about you. I can’t have my partner get sick before the performance right?” he joked without realizing what he was saying. Had he been a little more sensitive, he would have noticed the way that Seohyun’s smile dropped a little at his statement.

“Yeah, it’s because we’re partners,” she added disappointedly. “I’ll be sure to take care of myself. Thanks for the concern.” Yonghwa had nothing else to say so he just nodded awkwardly and made his way towards the front lobby, leaving Seohyun to think of why she was disappointed with his words.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Guess who,” Yonghwa greeted happily while covering Tiffany’s eyes.

“Hmm, I think you’re an idiot,” she replied sourly. “Go away Yonghwa, I’m not in the mood for your games.”

“Woah, what crawled up your and died today?” Yonghwa asked insensitively. Just as he was about to poke more fun at her, he noticed the cold drinks still in her hand. It was then that he realized she had seen him and Seohyun laughing around and joking with each other.

“Just leave me alone Yonghwa.”

“No, we’re settling this now. Come with me,” he ordered. Against her will, he dragged her to the same bench he had sat with Seohyun at a week ago. “We’re just going to keep screwing things over if we don’t talk this out. Actually, I’ll keep screwing it up…”

“Yonghwa, I don’t know what to tell you. Let’s just let it go.”

“You saw me and Seohyun together didn’t you?” Yonghwa questioned concernedly. Tiffany continued to be angry with him and not look at his face while he was talking. “Tiffany, I already told you that we’re just friends. I know it looks like it’s more, but there isn’t anything there."

“Yonghwa, your tone right now isn’t very convincing. You don’t even know what she means to you,” Tiffany argued. “Is she really just a friend or is she more?”

“Seohyun… yeah she’s just my friend,” he replied hesitantly. “There’s nothing else there.”

“Are you sure? It doesn’t look like that to me. You’re always with her whenever you have free time, you help her all the time, you never miss an opportunity to mention her, and you look like you have the time of your life whenever you’re with her,” Tiffany pointed out angrily. Yonghwa had to admit that he was being extremely bad to her, but he couldn’t explain it himself either.

“Tiffany, I’m really, really sorry that I’ve done that to you, but you have to believe me.” Even though he didn’t even believe himself, he chose to ignore that. In his mind, Tiffany was the one for him and nothing could change that. He shoved down the other thoughts in his mind and forced himself to believe what he felt was right. “You’re such a good girlfriend, but I’m always being a poor boyfriend. Do you think you can forgive me or should I just go home crying now?”

“Pabo…” she chuckled. “Stop joking around me with me. I don’t want to laugh right now since I’m mad at you.” Yonghwa gave her a cute pout and began to act like he was crying cutely. “You’re a bastard! Ugh, stop making that face at me.”

“Fany… pwease stop being mad at me~” he begged childishly. Soon after that he broke out into laughter, infecting her with the contagious feeling.

“Come on, you’re going to go buy me some food now,” she ordered. “For today you’ll be my slave in order to pay off your debt to me.”

“Yes Master Hwang. I shall do as you wish. My body is yours for the taking,” he replied in a voice he figured a slave would have.

“Ew, don’t say it like that you ert. Don’t worry, I’ll do whatever I want with your body. First, carry me to the motorcycle. I am much too tired to walk there myself,” she ordered. “Well then, hurry up slave. I don’t have all day.”

“As you wish My Lady.” Soon enough Yonghwa was carrying Tiffany on his back and speeding off into the parking lot towards the motorcycle. Yonghwa felt a little bad for getting her angry so much, but he figured that since she was laughing and having fun now she would be fine. He felt awful for manipulating his way out of that situation, but there was nothing that he could do about it now.

Meanwhile, Seohyun stared at them out of the window on the second story of the school. A small smile brought itself to her face while she observed Yonghwa cheer up the girl that looked like she had a rough day. Fortunately for her, she didn’t know what it was they were arguing about. While she was happy they were having fun, it was a bittersweet happiness. Ever since she had met Yonghwa, she felt some sort of attraction to him. At first she told herself that she was just grateful for what he had done for her, but now she wasn’t so sure. Just like Yonghwa did, she denied any possibility of there being romantic feelings.

“Looks like it’s just you and me today,” Seohyun spoke softly to her diary. The blue and yellow book sat in her lap at a blank page, just waiting to be written in. Ever since she had been diagnosed with her sickness, she began to write in it. At first it seemed stupid, but as time went by she realized it was of much more use to her than she first thought. The pen in her hands glided over the paper, making her thoughts turn into a real material object. Seohyun felt a little dumb talking to the diary as if it were a person, but it was the only way to relieve some of the stress from her everyday life.

 

May 2, 2011

Have you ever wanted to talk to someone so badly, but you just couldn’t? I want to go up to that person so much and just start a conversation. I want to get his attention, but for some reason he looks the other way. I want to be one of those people he calls when he’s upset or one of those people that can have a long conversation with. Then I remember there’s that one other person in his life that he belongs to. That one other person still exists in this world that belongs by his side. When I finally get near him, I screw things up so that he feels pity for me. I would much rather he feel nothing for me than for him to pity me. While I would love for him to feel the same way about me as I do for him, he won’t. He has the definition of Perfection: Tiffany Hwang, next to him. With someone so perfect by your side, who would look at anything less than that? The awkwardness he brings, the smiles he gives me, the fun I have with him, and the security he can offer me… it will never be mine. Talking to him is useless, because everyone wants him, not only me. Even if I had the courage to say all I wanted, my words would get lost amongst the words of everyone else. I blame myself every day for falling for that idiot, but in the end I can’t feel anything but happy. It’s too much to ask him to give me his heart, that I know. I can’t even say what I feel because he’s someone that has so much attention. He’s a star and I’ll just be another one of those fans.

 

“What am I doing?” she asked herself. “Seo Joohyun, whatever happened to abandoning this world? You’re dying, you stupid girl. You don’t have the privilege of liking that person. Even if he felt the same way, it wouldn’t be fair for him. Burdens like the ones you carry are better if they’re not shared.” Seohyun continued to doubt her feelings and what she should do about them for a few more minutes.

Unfortunately for her, she knew what she wanted. After telling herself to not fall for anyone since she was going to die, she failed. Without knowing, in the short week she knew him, she was already head over heels for him. If someone asked her if she believed in love at first sight a week ago, she would have said no. Now of course, her answer would be the exact opposite. If only she knew of Yonghwa’s growing feelings for her, he wouldn’t have to torture herself so much.

 

 

Author’s Note: Hey there everyone. Back again with another late chapter. This story has actually been pretty challenging. I’m sorta struggling to get in the entire chapter. Also, I’ve noticed this story doesn’t really have too many views like my other story does. This seemed like a really good story when I had it planned, but sadly now it’s a little lackluster. Anyways, I’ll still continue to write as best as I can. I’m starting to think that having two stories going at once is a bad idea, but this story will end earlier than the other one, so I’ll be fine. Hopefully I don’t bore you too much with this story. The upcoming chapters will definitely be better.

p.s. So yeah, Yonghwa is a bad boyfriend, but it's not really his fault. I know I'm defending him being insensitive, but to be honest most guys are (sorry for the generalization). It's not his fault he doesn't know what's going on with him. Also, Tiffany seems like a stupid girlfriend for allowing him to do that to her, but she's the same way. When you like someone a lot, you'll take a lot of things from them that you shouldn't.