Gomawo, Chingu Yah

Gomawo, Chingu Yah {Indefinite Hiatus}

Chapter 1 – Gomawo, Chingu-yah

 

 

Seoul Art High School, the place where anyone who was anyone in the entertainment field started out at. If you weren’t a student there, you pretty much had no chance of ever debuting within your lifetime. Although there were people that had debuted without attending the school, they were pretty much the best of the best. With only a month and a few days remaining until graduation, the seniors in the school were very excited to be leaving. Soon enough they would enter either trainee programs with the major entertainment companies or continue to attend school in order to further hone their skills. Among these students was a young man named Jung Yonghwa.

If there was anyone in the school that was sure to get a deal with a major entertainment company, it was that guy. Scouters had come by the dozens to see his showcases and he had already gotten tons of offers to debut. Not only was he the favorite amongst the scouters, but also the people of the school. Girls flocked to see him practice playing his guitar or his dancing. His jet black hair, his charming smile, his penetrating gaze, his laid back and friendly attitude… all of these attributes and more made him all that more irresistible. He was pretty much the perfect catch for anyone. He could write songs, write music, dance pretty well, and his voice was on the verge of being called angelic. Everybody knew the jack of all trades from Busan, except for one girl.

Seo Joohyun, one of the best of the best, had no idea who this man was. Then again, nobody else knew who she was either. She was just as or even more talented than the man that had won over almost everyone he met. She could dance, sing, write music, and play almost every intstrument she came in contact with. However, her talents were not shared with the world. Seohyun was a quiet and reserived girl that kept her work to herself. She always scored high marks on everything she did, but she was just another girl amongst the crowd. One would think she was upset about how her abilities were hidden from her peers, depriving her of the recognition she definitely deserved. That was not the case however. Seohyun was more than content with the way things were going. She had few friends and that’s how she wanted to keep it. Little did she know that she would become friends with someone she never imagined.

‘Tick tock, tick tock,’ was the only noise echoing within the boring musical theory room Yonghwa currently sat in. While music was his passion and his entire life, there was a limit to how much he could take. Luckily he was the teacher’s favorite which gave him permission enjoy his daily nap in the boring room. If there was a way to speed up time, he was sure someone would have abused that power extensively out of the sheer boredom everyone was experiencing. Even with just two minutes left in class, the wait was almost unbearable.

“It doesn’t seem like anyone currently wants to be here and I don’t particularly like you all anyways,” their teacher commented. “There’s less than two minutes remaining so you guys might as well leave. I won’t tell anyone if you don’t.” Everyone’s heads perked up at the sound of his voice and began to silently cheer at him for letting them out early. Finally the school day was over and they would all have free time to do whatever they wanted. Class wasn’t too bad when you went to a performing arts institution but that didn’t mean students didn’t enjoy their time after school.

“Yonghwa, are you free today?” asked a female voice from next to him. Yonghwa turned his sleepy eyes towards her and admired the work of art next to him. Her black hair shined brilliantly and her eye smile was cute enough to wake the dead. The slight awkwardness in her mastery of the Korean language only added an even greater sense of adorableness to her. Yonghwa wasn’t exactly a tall guy, but her petite stature made it comfortable enough for him to hold up his head high in pride. Everything about her was enough to make even gay men straight. Even though she was wearing a plain looking school uniform, there was no denying she looked amazing.

“Oh hey there Tiffany,” Yonghwa greeted with a smile. “I’m pretty busy today. My mom’s been on my back about taking care of my sister after school. She’s not a kid anymore but my mom won’t back off so I guess I’ll have to give in. It’s like this every Monday afternoon.”

“Some boyfriend you are…” Tiffany Hwang pouted cutely. Her pout faded into a smile once she felt Yonghwa’s equally pouted lips place a small peck on hers. “Yah, I’m mad at you! Don’t think just because you did this I’ll be satisfied.”

“Aw, come on Fany, you know I’m not blowing you off because I want to,” Yonghwa whined. After flashing her a toothy grin, she knew she wouldn’t be able to stay mad at him for long. While they exchanged their lovey dovey looks and talk, students all around looked at them with envy. The hottest girl in the senior class and the most charming boy ever alive were a couple that the entire world could be jealous of. “I’m going to work at the store for a bit before heading out to take care of her though. Want to come?”

“So your little friends can check me out and hit on me? No thanks,” she rejected nonchalantly. Yonghwa rolled his eyes while throwing a protective arm around her shoulders. They were much too young to know the exact meaning of love, but Yonghwa imagined that this was what it felt like. They never really told each other they loved one another, but he felt that it was better left unsaid. After all, he knew things could get pretty awkward when people confessed things like that.

“Suit yourself,” he replied in an equally cool voice. Their small trek out of the school ended, bringing them to the front lawn of the school crowded with students waiting for their rides. Tiffany continued to follow Yonghwa, but gave out a noise of frustration once she realized where they were headed to. Just as she suspected, Yonghwa had hidden his motorcycle he had gotten for his eighteenth birthday in a secluded area behind the school. Besides music and his girlfriend, she knew Yonghwa loved that vehicle most of all.

“You’re still riding this thing?” Tiffany asked referring to the sleek motorbike in front of them. The crimson and obsidian metal plating on it reflected the sunlight perfectly, making it an astonishing piece of technology. If Yonghwa was enviable by all the guys for having a beautiful girlfriend, he was even more enviable while giving her a ride on it. “You promised me you would stop because it’s dangerous.”

“Chill girl…” he whispered while jumping onto it. “I know what I’m doing here. Remember, I’m the coolest guy in school. Not that I want to brag or anything.”

“Coolest guy huh?” she scoffed. “Yeah, sure keep telling yourself that. I think I should go around and tell everyone how blushy and flustered you get whenever we’re alone together.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. So, do you want a lift?”

“I’m not getting onto that metal deathtrap anymore. Just go to work already. I’ll sit at home and cry about how my boyfriend prefers guitars and motorcycles over me,” she teased.

“Alright, you do that,” Yonghwa replied without emotion, much to her disappointment. Usually her acting got through to him, but he seemed especially determined to ignore her orders today. “I’ll give you a call tonight if I’m free. Peace out girl scout.” After a wave of his hand he began to rev the engine loudly and left her in a cloud of smoke.

“Aish! Jung Yonghwa you’re a !” she yelled at his back.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The feeling of the wind holding him back as he speed through the busy streets of Seoul ended once he reached his destination. Taking off his helmet, Yonghwa looked up to read the sign above the store he worked at. ‘Music of the Seoul,’ possibly the worst pun he had heard in his life flashed above him while he entered the shop containing almost every instrument known to man.

“Yonghwa, what’s up man?” greeted a tall, young man with hair that rivaled that of any woman. Lee Jungshin, the talented bassist that had been his friend since middle school stood at the counter with a bored look on his face. “You’re a little late today. Got a little too smoochy with your love Fany~?”

“Don’t call her that Jungshin,” Yonghwa growled annoyedly. “She didn’t want to come here because you guys are constantly ually harassing her.”

“Hyung, we don’t harass her. She should be honored that so many guys acknowledge her charms,” the drum prodigy of their group jumped in. “She doesn’t have to be like that.”

“Yeah, well, you guys are total erts so I can see where she’s coming from,” Yonghwa replied in a bored voice. He was looking forward to work that day, but for some reason it seemed like it would be rather boring. Yonghwa was usually a happy guy that smiled 99.99% of the time but it looked like today would be the 00.01% that he didn’t smile. “Where’s Jonghyun?”

“He’s out helping his little brother with guitar lessons. Looks like the kid wants to pick up chicks by being a rock star so his mom forced Jonghyun to be a teacher,” Jungshin explained. A munching sound was heard in the back of the room while Minhyuk stuffed himself with a piece of sweet bread in order to keep himself busy.

“Has it been this boring the whole day?”

“Um, we kind of all go to the same school you do during the day so I wouldn’t know. Usually you bring in a bunch of fan girls hyung, so we were waiting for them. Seems like you’re running a little dry today,” Jungshin remarked. Yonghwa rolled his eyes at his dongsaengs and looked around for something to do. Maybe Tiffany was right after all and they were just a bunch of teenagers. The three seventeen year olds he usually hung out with never failed in making erted jokes whenever they could. Why he hung out with them, he would never know.

Their boredom was broken when the bell hanging on their door indicated they had a customer. Just as they were expecting it was a girl, but one that didn’t seem to be the usual fangirl. Instead of making her way to the counter she looked around the vast arrays of instruments eagerly. It was a rare sight to see someone so confidently approach the merchandise like that. Usually, they mostly got newbies that had to be guided to the instruments they searched for.

“Oh it’s that girl that’s been coming here pretty much every day,” Minhyuk noticed. Both Jungshin and Yonghwa turned to their young drummer friend and then back to the tall girl currently browsing the instruments. “She seems to be interested in the instruments, but she never once has talked to us about buying one. Do you think she’s trying to steal one?”

“I’ll handle this one,” Jungshin interrupted confidently. “Watch and learn boys.” Arrogantly, Jungshin strutted over to the woman they were currently observing. “You know this is the first time the customer has been prettier than the instrument.” Yonghwa and Minhyuk let their palms meet their face at the awkward and embarrassing line Jungshin had just used on the girl.

“Oh yeah, well thanks,” she responded in an uninterested voice. “I’m just looking around so don’t mind me.” Even though he hadn’t been officially rejected, he knew she wasn’t interested.

“Well, if you need anything…” he trailed off before running back to the counter.

“Damn bro, you just got REJECTED!!” Minhyuk laughed. Although Yonghwa was pretty bored, he had to admit that it was fun to see Jungshin getting mentally slapped away by the girl. After a small scuffle between the two younger males running the store, Yonghwa continued to aimlessly wander around the large music store in search for something to do. One by one he took the instruments and played a few notes with them as if trying them all out. While doing so, he failed to notice the girl standing behind him as he walked backwards.

“Oh, sorry,” he apologized after running into her. “I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

“It’s no big deal,” she responded. Yonghwa bowed slightly towards her and kept going about his business. Her behavior, though, struck him as odd. Just as he was about to exit the area littered with guitars, he noticed her staring intensely at one of them.

“You want me to take it down for you?” he asked the girl politely. “It looks like you really want to play it.”

“Um, it’s okay, but I’ll be grateful if you could,” she responded in an equally polite voice. Soon enough, the pink guitar was in her hands and currently being tuned. She didn’t look like she knew what she was doing as she was searching through the things, but she seemed to know exactly how to handle that guitar. Once again he began to exit the guitar area but was stopped by the quiet strumming of the guitar. The way her fingers plucked the guitar and made the harmonious noises know as music mesmerized him. He had played guitar for more than 10 years of his life and never had he heard someone play it like the woman in front of him.

It was almost as if he was hearing her speak to him, yet she wasn’t even opening . There was nothing extravagant about her playing whatsoever. It was a simple tune that was pretty much a combination of a chord or two. Regardless of how she was playing, it sure had him at a loss for words. People always offered to have jam sessions with him, but each one turned out to be disasters. For some reason his music seemed to not be able to compliment with anyone else’s. Sure he was in a ‘band’ with Jonghyun, Minhyuk, and Jungshin, but even then there wasn’t perfect harmony between them in his eyes.

“Woah…” Yonghwa whispered as he walked up to her once again. “You’re pretty good. How long have you been playing for?”

“The guitar? Hmm, I don’t really know,” she anwered absentmindedly. “My dad had one when I little but I never really learned how. I’ve played it every now and then at school, but I don’t have one of my own.” Yonghwa looked at her from head to toe, earning him a slightly annoyed look from the girl. “Ugh, you’re trying to hook up too aren’t you?”

“Uh no… not really,” Yonghwa answered while still staring at her. “I just really found your playing to be perfect. I play guitar myself and I’m impressed. It’s even more surprising that you say you’ve never played the guitar professionally.”

“It wasn’t that great in my eyes. Are you sure you’re not trying to just hit on me or something?”

“No, I wasn’t uh…” Yonghwa started but stopped as he didn’t know her name. A small white and blue keychain caught his attention which he assumed had her name on it. “Seo Joohyun-shi.”

“How do you know my name?”

“There’s a keychain on your backpack that has that name on it. Do you want me to put the guitar back up or are you going to take it?” Yonghwa asked. The girl known as Seo Joohyun gave it to the young man and left without saying anything else. She seemed to be a shy and reserved person so he refrained from continuing the conversation before she left. Although she looked shy, he could tell there was quite a bit of spunk in her by the way she conducted herself around Jungshin the first time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Does that Joohyun girl come here every day?” Yonghwa asked his co-workers. A week had passed since he first saw her and he had already seen her four or five times. It was Monday once again, meaning the day he had absolutely no free time. Since the first time they spoke, he hadn’t tried to speak with her again.

“Um, you mean the girl that stares at the pink guitar and plays it sometimes?” Jungshin asked in a slightly hurt voice. Yonghwa could tell Jungshin had gotten rejected by some of his fangirls earlier before and was not in the mood to bring up women. “Yeah, she comes every day pretty much.”

A strange feeling washed over Yonghwa every time he saw the above average height girl walk into the store. It was almost the same feeling he got while he was around Tiffany, except in a completely different way. Seo Joohyun was strangely alluring to him. Something about her was enough to make him want to go up to her and just strike a conversation. Tiffany had a womanly charm despite her cute nature. Almost any and every man that knew his girlfriend would describe her as y, hot, and beautiful. If he had to describe Joohyun he would say she’s pretty, cute, naïve, innocent, angelic, and pure. Yonghwa would almost even say it was the feelings of having a crush on someone, even though he had only said a few words to her.

“Hyung, why are you so intent on finding out about her?” Minhyuk asked as he popped his head out of the storage room. “It seems like every time she’s here you ask about her.”

“I don’t really know Minhyuk,” Yonghwa responded truthfully. “There’s something about her that makes me want to get to know her. I can’t really describe the feeling. It’s almost like the feeling when you get a crush on someone, but it’s different. I think it has to do with the music she was playing on the guitar.” Both younger co-workers stared at Yonghwa in order to find out what he was feeling, but they couldn’t understand what he was saying. Yonghwa’s loud ringtone composed of what they assumed was metal interrupted their staring contest.

“Hey there Yonghwa!” Tiffany chirped happily. “I got a perfect score on the dance performance today! I’m so excited and I just have to go celebrate. The director says he will even make me the center for the graduation performance if I can pull off another performance like this one!”

“That’s great Tiffany,” Yonghwa responded in a voice that didn’t sound like he meant it. Jungshin and Minhyuk could both hear Tiffany’s loud squeals of glee, but Yonghwa didn’t seem to share her happiness.

“I’m finally free of practice at night so let’s go celebrate. I’ll let you drive the motorcycle if you want,” she bribed. Yonghwa smiled a little at her comment, but still failed to be as cheerful as her. “Are you busy tonight?”

“Yeah, you know Mondays are my worst night. My little sis will be all alone for a few hours and my mom seriously needs to find her a baby sitter. Anyways, I’ll be busy all today so I don’t think I’ll be able to go out,” he told the girl on the other side of the phone.

“Oh, alright then,” Tiffany responded disappointedly. “I’ll see you at school then.” Without even saying bye, the slightly annoyed girl hung up on her boyfriend. Yonghwa wasn’t too affected by her and he told himself he would make it up to her some other time.

“Yo, hyung, we’re going to head out to get some dinner. We’ll be back in a bit so watch the store for us,” Minhyuk warned. Yonghwa didn’t bother to look at them but gave them a small nod in agreement. The small bell on the door indicated their exit, leaving Yonghwa to be bored all by himself. That girl had come in a while ago, but he hadn’t heard any music come from her direction. Eventually, curiosity got the best of him and he decided to go find her to relieve himself of his boredom.

“Hey, Seo Joohyun… -shi…” he trailed off once he got a sight of her. Immediately he ran over to her pale figure lying on the ground to check if she was alright. A slight touch of her skin told him she was far too cold to be in good condition and she didn’t look like she would be waking up any time soon. “!” he exclaimed to himself before taking her into his arms and carrying her out of the store. He didn’t feel good about leaving it open like that but he couldn’t leave her to die either. With traffic the way it was, he assumed driving her on the motorcycle would be much better. After a bit of a struggle to keep her balanced and tied down on the bike, he sped his way to the hospital a few blocks away.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Three hours went by without a single doctor telling him what was going on with the girl he had meet only a week ago. They weren’t really friends, but he was still worried about her since she seemed like a nice person. Luckily, the doctor that was taking care of her finally came out of the room and made his way over.

“Are you a friend of hers?” the man in the white lab coat asked. “I’m Doctor Lee and I’ve been in charge of Miss Joohyun since the beginning. I assume you know what’s going on here.”

“Uh… yeah I’m a friend of Joohyun ah,” Yonghwa responded casually. He felt a little strange about adding the ‘ah’ to her name, but he had to trick the doctor in order to get information out of him. “I kind of have an idea what’s wrong with her, but she hasn’t really talked about it. Would you be able to please tell me what’s going on?” Doctor Lee nodded slightly and motioned for Yonghwa to follow him. After politely denying an offer for coffee the two men sat down to discuss Seohyun’s health.

“As you saw earlier, Miss Seo suffered a fainting spell from her leukemia. I knew this day would be here, but I wish it wasn’t,” the doctor lamented.

“Leu-leukemia…?” Yonghwa asked with a surprised look. “You mean like cancer?”

“Yes, I’m afraid Miss Seo has Acute Myeloid Leukemia. It’s progressed to the point where treatment isn’t an option anymore and I wouldn’t know what to say how much time she’s got left,” the doctor explained. Yonghwa barely knew the girl’s name, yet he felt as if they just told him his mother was going to die. Suddenly a thousand tons of force pressed down on his chest and he found it hard to breathe. That healthy looking young lady was on the verge of death? The news was upsetting enough to cause tears to form in his eyes.

“And it’s for sure not curable?”

“She showed no symptoms for the first two stages other than weak signs that can be attributed to a variety of diseases. Now that her blood cells are being malformed she will experience loss of breath and occasionally headaches. Luckily she does not seem to show symptoms that cause her pain,” Doctor Lee continued to explain. “This cancer is rare in Asians and even rarer in people of her age. Even with treatment she would only have had a 15-70% of living and it’s rare to see the high numbers.” Yonghwa couldn’t believe the words escaping the doctor’s mouth at that moment. It was just not possible for her to be so close to death.

“Doctor I… I don’t know what to say.”

“I mean, she could always go through transplantation and chemotherapy now, but in her state it’s risky. Her immune system and blood marrow are pretty badly damaged. In order to combat such an advanced cancer, the treatment would have to be rigorous. I wouldn’t recommend it though, since her body is so weak that she might not withstand so much pressure.”

“Would it be possible to see her?” Yonghwa asked wearily. He found it hard to form words, let alone sentences at the astonishing news.

“Of course.” Once again, Yonghwa began to follow the doctor’s lead throughout the hospital’s halls. Soon enough they were inside Seohyun’s room, watching her try to sit up against the nurse’s orders. “Nurse Choi, I think it would be fine to let her sit,” the doctor chuckled. “I’ll let you two talk in private.” With those words the doctor and nurse left the room, not before the nurse gave Seohyun a slight glare for being stubborn.

“Hey there,” Yonghwa greeted while trying to keep a straight face. He didn’t want to let her know that he knew of her sickness. “How are you feeling? You kind of scared me when I found you knocked out. I guess you just stared at me a little and you thought I was so hot that you fainted,” he joked. Seohyun looked at the young man in front of her and scoffed.

“Stop faking, I know you know already,” Seohyun pointed out. “Let me tell you something ‘Mister Hot Stuff,’ pity isn’t something that I need. If I wanted that I would tell the entire school that I was about to die. Keep this a secret or else I’ll make it so I’m not the only one that dies.”

“Woah there, calm down. I’m not planning on telling anyone,” Yonghwa defended. “I promise I won’t tell anyone else about this.”

“Alright, now that that’s settled, let’s go.” Seohyun ripped off all the cords hooked up to her and forced herself off the bed. “I don’t have all day you know.”

“Don’t you think we should keep you here? I mean, you kind of have a really serious disease,” Yonghwa worried. “Just lie back down and let me call your parents. Give me their phone number and I’ll tell them you’re here at the hospital.” Yonghwa took out his cell phone and readied himself to get her home phone number.

“I don’t have parents,” Seohyun mumbled. “They both died when I was in middle school. There’s nobody that’s worrying about me so I don’t need to call anyone. Come on, I’ll buy dinner since you saved me.” Even though she was about to die and talking about how she didn’t have parents, Yonghwa couldn’t sense any regret or worry in her voice. If he were in her situation he would be freaking out and crying, yet this girl wasn’t.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Choding…” Seohyun growled while taking back her food Yonghwa playfully snuck away from her.

“Yah! I’m not a choding so stop calling me that. Anyways, a girl like you can’t eat that much food anyways. Then again, it’s not like you have a body to brag about to begin with,” he insulted.

“I knew you were byuntae. I bet you did stuff to me while I was knocked out didn’t you?” she speculated. “I’m not here to look good for you so don’t touch my food.” Yonghwa laughed a little before scooting away from her. She looked like she could kill someone at the moment and he didn’t want to be said person.

“You know, you’re pretty fun to tease,” Yonghwa chuckled. That was a fact that Yonghwa was sort of ashamed of. He had known the girl for less than a few hours, yet he was having more fun with her than he had with Tiffany. He had seen the whole love at first sight thing on T.V. but he hadn’t believed it. Well, he knew he wasn’t in love with Seo Joohyun, but she was definitely attractive to him. However, he reasoned he was attracted to her because they could be friends, not a couple.

“Yeah, yeah, keep talking,” Seohyun mumbled while munching on the bread that came with her salad.

“What school do you go to?”

“Seoul Art High School,” she answered. “You?”

“Really? What year are you in? I go there too and I haven’t heard of you. Everyone at that school treats me like I’m some kind of god so you probably know about me,” Yonghwa boasted. “Tell me… am I really as hot as they say I am?”

“Someone’s a little bit big headed,” Seohyun mumbled once again. “I’ve never heard of you, but I think you’re pretty good looking. Even though I know for sure I haven’t ever met you, it feels like I have. It sounds weird, but I feel pretty comfortable around you. You didn’t slip anything in my drink or anything did you?”

“You know I feel the same way. I felt that way ever since I heard you play that guitar a week ago. I wanted to talk to you a little bit, but I didn’t feel like it was right.”

“Well, since we go to the same school and now we even have a secret to hide we might as well be comfortable with each other,” Seohyun reasoned. If Seohyun could read Yonghwa’s thoughts, she would see how similar they were thinking. She had no romantic feelings towards him at all, but she had a feeling she should get close to him. Something about him was pulling her towards him like a magnet and it was irresistible. Sure he was good looking and funny, but she didn’t really have intentions of pursuing him as a romantic interest. Nevertheless, something in her heart told her he was worth getting close to.

“Seems like you’re pretty busy Yonghwa,” Tiffany’s voice pointed out. “Minhyuk told me something happened to you and you haven’t answered my calls at all.” Even though Yonghwa was a bit angry at Tiffany for being angry, she had every right to be. The way Tiffany gave Seohyun a slight glare made the anger inside him even larger. “What a coincidence meeting you here.”

“Uh, Yonghwa-shi I’ll be going now,” Seohyun remarked shyly once she realized Tiffany wasn’t too happy with her boyfriend. “Thank you for helping me today.”

“Wait!” he called to her while she ran away. “Tiffany, I’ll explain everything when I come back. Let me just see where she’s going.” Yonghwa felt bad for leaving Tiffany in that state, but Seohyun was sick and he felt bad for letting his girlfriend treat her like that.

“Yonghwa-shi go back to your girlfriend. She didn’t seem too happy to see you with me,” Seohyun suggested.

“Nah, she’s fine. I’ll make sure to straighten things out with her. Are you sure you don’t need me to take you home?”

“Thanks for everything today, but I don’t need you to take me home. Kamsahamnida Yonghwa-shi,” she thanked politely.

“You don’t need to be so formal. Since we got to the same school we’ll probably see each other a few times. If you’re okay with it, I’d like to be friends. We could drop the formal speech too,” Yonghwa reasoned.

“Alright. Gomawo, Chingu-yah,” she thanked in a more friendly manner. “Since it’s going to be like that call me Seohyun. I hate being called Joohyun. I’ll see you around.” Yonghwa allowed the girl to walk off into the distance. Although he felt some sort of friendship with her, he couldn’t deny he also felt pity for her. Seohyun said she hated people pitying her, but he couldn’t help but do so. After all, it was almost a human instinct to feel pity for someone that deserved it.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author’s Note: So here was the first chapter. It feels a little weird writing with new characters but I hope I get into the swing of things soon. For my followers from before: This marks the return of Choding Yong. No more sad, loner Yonghwa :D. Sorry for delaying this chapter but I’m still pretty out of the writing mood. Hopefully it doesn’t affect this story too much.

 

So as you probably read in the foreword, I’m basing this story off of a music video that I watched. Although it is based in the story found in the music video, I think it will also not be an exact clone of it. If you all have seen it, you’ll think this story is going to be predictable. Will it be similar to the video? Yeah. Will some of you find this story boring? Probably. Am I going to let that stop me from writing this story? Not really. Of course the whole terminal disease thing is overused in writing, but what isn’t? Everything from secret siblings loving each other to meeting each other on a business trip has been done. Someone tell me that there is one 100% original idea out there and then come tell me that I’m writing a cliché. Before that though, I’m pretty sure I’ll be sticking to this idea.

 

Enough ranting. So how was this first chapter? I planned this out months ago while I was planning my last story. Planning as in, planning how to make it my own story and not just a clone of the music video. It didn’t go as well as I envisioned it in my head, but meh. I’m just  going to stop doubting myself in my next works and just write as I go along. I mean, that’s why mistakes are there for right? To learn from them. I'll be updating every 2 days I believe so I hope to not keep you all waiting too long.