Seungcheol: "Makeup"

_cam17

                There was a clatter from the bedroom and then a muttered curse.

                I walked across the apartment, dodging stacks of boxes, and peered into the scene.

                Seungcheol was bent over my overturned make-up bag, collecting lip glosses and eye shadow palettes that had scattered everywhere. 

                “Nice going,” I laughed as I dropped to the floor beside him, picking up what was around me. 

                “How the heck do you have this much make-up when you don’t even wear it?” he muttered as he put handfuls of the stuff back into the bag.  He was tired and probably bored, and I suddenly felt bad for making him help me move into my new apartment.

                I grabbed a bottle of foundation that had rolled under the bed.  “Do you know what this is?” I asked, trying to lift his mood. 

                He smirked and took it from me, squeezing a bit on his finger and then swiping my nose with it.

                “Of course I know what it is.”

                “Oh, so you know the basics,” I teased, spreading the dab of foundation on my nose a bit more evenly.  “Could you make me look pretty?”

                He narrowed his eyes at me but I could tell he was starting to get more interested.

                “Come here,” he said, motioning for me to come closer. 

                “No, wait,” I said, jumping up and getting an eye mask from one of the boxes.  “Put this on.”

                “Why?”

                “It’ll be fun!”

                He raised an eyebrow but slipped the mask over his face.  He felt around for the bottle of foundation and squeezed more onto his hand before reaching out for my face and spreading it.  I was already trying to bite back laughter as I felt the stuff caking on my skin.

                When he was finished, he reached into the bag and pulled out something else.

                “What is this?” he asked.

                “Eyeliner.”

                A devilish grin crossed his features as he uncapped the pencil and searched for my eyelid.

                “Stay still!” he commanded as he drew a dark streak that missed my eye line completely and extended to my ear.  I burst out laughing and Seungcheol couldn’t keep a straight face either.

                “Keep going,” I encouraged him between fits of giggles. 

                He moved onto mascara, eye shadow, and blush, each improperly placed either because of his inability to see or my inability to hold in my laughter. 

                Finally, he came to lipstick.  He clutched the tube in one hand and used the other to search for where it belonged on my face.  The pad of his thumb landed on my lower lip.

                “Is this it?” he asked.

                “Mhm,” I answered.  He ran his finger along my lip and paused.

                 “Seungcheol?  Is something wrong?”  My voice had lowered and my heart started beating faster.

                “No, it’s just…your lips are really soft,” he murmured, a smirk lining his mouth.  Suddenly I was hyper aware of how close he was, the warmth of his breath brushing my cheeks.

                Then, he removed his thumb and closed the distance between us.

                He didn’t miss his target this time.

                When we pulled away, he moved to take off the mask.

                “Don’t!” I exclaimed.

                “Why?”

                “You made me look gross.”

                He pulled off the mask before I could hide and started to laugh.  I felt my cheeks turning redder even with the thick layer of blush already there.  I took some make-up remover wipes from the bag and started scrubbing.

                “Wait,” he told me as his laughter finally died down.  He tugged me even closer to him and smiled softly.

                “You still look pretty.”

                He kissed me again.