Forever, I Do #5

Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No Other

           

            They didn’t really have a couple song, which ended up being a bit of a problem when it came time to agree on a song for their first dance.  The hours of debate!  Do they pick a favorite song?  Do the pick a favorite artist?  All of their music for the night was going to be live.  Why the hell would they bother paying a deejay when everyone could just take turns going up to sing their music?  They had the instruments needed, they had hired musicians, they had singers…what more could one ask for? 

            They debated this a long time and then one day Kyuhyun happened to remember that Changmin had gone on a television program a long time ago with Yoochun and sang the song I Knew I Loved You and was blown away by it.  Of course, he’d done a wonderful job singing the English song made famous by Savage Garden, despite not knowing the language.  Kyuhyun figured they need to recruit another strong singer that spoke English well in order to sing it with him, if they wanted Changmin to do it as a duet again.  He suggested it to Ryeowook, who agreed wholeheartedly, and suggested that D.O. would be a good choice.  So Kyuhyun asked his best friend and Ryeowook asked D.O. and the two quickly agreed to the duet for the first dance and even arranged to meet up at SM Entertainment one day to practice singing it together for a couple hours—to arrange the music and harmonize—despite their hectic schedules. 

            So when it was nearing time to start the dance for the night, Kyuhyun put his jacket back on and tidied himself up.  He was excited for so many reasons, but one of the main reasons was because although he wasn’t particularly good at dancing difficult moves like Hyukjae could bust out on the dance floor, he could manage a slow song just fine.  He was good at dancing…at least by most people’s standards.  He also rarely got to dance with his husband and never in public.  Gay couples couldn’t exactly hit the clubs together and start dancing with each other and not expect a little trouble, especially gay celebrity couples.  You might as well retire first.  So this moment was special.  There was probably never going to be another time that they could expect to dance together on a crowded dance floor anytime soon and never have to worry about what anyone else would think and he meant to savor every moment of it.

            Ryeowook was chatting with a group of people that Kyuhyun had to drag him away from.  This was always the case when they were around groups of people.  Ryeowook was kind of an attention and for some reason, people loved to give it to him.  Of course, so did Kyuhyun, so no one understood this more than him.  He just couldn’t understand why they didn’t just go find their own boyfriends or girlfriends or spouses to monopolize instead of always stealing his.  After so many years of this, he felt his jealousy was starting to get better.  He rarely blew up anymore and usually just rolled his eyes as his husband’s attention seeking nature.  Ryeowook disagreed and thought Kyuhyun was still too possessive.  All the same, he did seem to like the fact that Kyuhyun wanted his attention as well.  If Kyuhyun wasn’t jealous occasionally, Ryeowook would start to worry that he wasn’t desirable.  There was a delicate line that one had to navigate.  Believe it or not, it was better to error on the cautious side and to go off the deep end because not acting jealous would make Ryeowook wonder why Kyuhyun didn’t want him anymore.  And Ryeowook loved it when Kyuhyun became a little temperamental and impassioned over him.

            “Did you miss me?” Ryeowook teased as Kyuhyun grasped onto his arm and ushered him towards the dance floor. 

            “Always,” Kyuhyun assured him.  “And it’s time for our first dance.”

            “Ah,” Ryeowook said, nodding.  He pried his arm away from Kyuhyun so he could reach down and button his coat up again to look presentable for the dance and the multitude of cameras that were about to be aimed their direction.  “Do I look okay?”

            “Perfect, as always.  You just went to the bathroom fifteen minutes ago.  Didn’t you check to make sure you looked okay then?”

            “I did,” he admitted.  “But you never know.”

            “You look fine,” Kyuhyun insisted.

            “I should ask Sungmin—”

            “I love how you never believe me,” Kyuhyun said, laughing.

            “You always think I look good and Sungmin is a little more particular, like I am,” Ryeowook pointed out.

            “Just trust me today.  I wouldn’t tell you that you looked fine if you didn’t at our wedding,” Kyuhyun said, grasping his wrist and pulling him out onto the dance floor before Ryeowook could change his mind and begin looking for Sungmin.

            Changmin took the stage and announced that they were going to have the first dance as husbands.

            “Should I break the news to them that I danced with you on the beach the night of our wedding last September?  That was our real first dance,” Kyuhyun said, pulling Ryeowook close.

            “Shush!” Ryeowook reprimanded him.

            “Then there was that time we were dancing in the hotel room in Taipei…which led to .  Dancing in private always eventually leads to that,” Kyuhyun whispered.

            “Stop that,” Ryeowook said, laughing.  “This is supposed to be romantic.”

            “It doesn’t feel as romantic when there’s a couple hundred people watching us though,” he pointed out, glancing around the dance floor.

            “Listen to the music and concentrate on me,” Ryeowook suggested.

            So Kyuhyun did listen and concentrated on dancing with his husband, and he took care to do it well.  Kyuhyun spun Ryeowook around playfully, forcing an excited laugh out of him, and smiled at his reaction.  Although he knew they were being watched by everyone there, he ignored them all.  He only had eyes for his precious, happy husband.  Every once in a while, the managers would show him pictures that fans had taken at concerts, of him giving Ryeowook the most besotted looks onstage.  Sometimes even he was so taken aback by Ryeowook’s outgoing personality and iness, he was reduced to standing there and staring like an idiot.  He knew that once he saw pictures of this dance, they’d look the same.  At least now it was safe to be caught giving Ryeowook such adoring looks.  In front of their closest friends and family, he didn’t have to hide his feelings.  Thank God for that.  They were so hard to hide some days. 

            On occasion, Kyuhyun was convinced that he even felt more than Ryeowook felt for him, but he knew in his heart that it wasn’t true.  Ryeowook was just better at controlling his feelings in front of others.  From the moment they’d first started dating, Kyuhyun had always wanted to prove that Ryeowook was his.  And this was never going to change.  At the end of their first dance of the evening, Kyuhyun dipped him dramatically, kissing him soundly to the applause of the crowd. 

            Ryeowook laughed as Kyuhyun pulled him upright again and hugged him close.  “I forgot you were so much fun to dance with!”

            “You’re probably going to forget again by the end of the night because everyone else is going to want to dance with you now,” Kyuhyun complained, kissing his temple briefly.

            Ryeowook sighed loudly.  “I think you’re right.”

            “Maybe I’ll just have to steal you away in the middle of it so I can be alone with you,” Kyuhyun suggested.

            “Just make sure you wait until after our turns to sing,” Ryeowook reminded him.

            “You don’t want the whole reception knowing we snuck off in the middle of the dance?” Kyuhyun asked.  “I mean, what can they say?  We are married.”

            Ryeowook shook his head and pat his husband’s cheek.  “You’re so naughty.”

            “One of the reason’s you married me, I believe,” Kyuhyun pointed out.

            Ryeowook only gave him a wicked grin in response.

            Changmin was announcing the upcoming dances and Kyuhyun twirled his husband in another circle.  Ryeowook then clutched his shoulders to steady himself before wrapping his arms around his neck.  “Behave yourself…you’ll have me all night.”

            “And I’m going to take all night to have you,” Kyuhyun warned, bending his head down to kiss Ryeowook’s lips. 

            The kiss was cut short, as it was time to dance with their mothers.  Then there was the money dance and about a half dozen other arranged dances before Kyuhyun was allowed to take a damn break.  When he did, he rushed out to the hotel’s deck for some fresh air, eager to be away from the loud noise and the crowd.  His poor husband had not fared as well.  Kyuhyun’s mother had stopped him from exiting the dance floor to introduce him to his newly rela

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter