Hearts Apart #1

Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I Miss You More

            Ryeowook sighed heavily and kept flipping through the television channels as Kyuhyun returned with mugs of coffee that he’d refilled and settled in next to his husband once again, handing Ryeowook his.

            “Can’t find anything you want to watch?”

            “No,” he said, relinquishing the remote to Kyuhyun.  Kyuhyun stared down at the device in his hand in disbelief, trying to remember the last time he’d been allowed to hold it when his husband was also home and he was pretty damn sure that had never happened since moving into the apartment.  Ryeowook monopolized the television whenever he was there because he had shows he insisted on watching at almost any time of day, a bad habit Kyuhyun felt he’d picked up from having Heechul around too often, but he kept his mouth shut about his hyung hanging around whenever he was at work because it kept Ryeowook from complaining that he worked too much.

            Kyuhyun turned it to a history program that Ryeowook had passed up along the way about ancient warfare and Ryeowook set his coffee down on the side table and then promptly laid his head down in Kyuhyun’s lap.  Kyuhyun absently reached down to run his hand through his hair and began to listen to the program, thinking that he would actually get to watch it, which was a rather silly assumption.  Ryeowook was not about to let him watch a show if he was bored.  He should have known better.

            “Do you think it would look too suspicious if I came with you to your performance this weekend in Japan?” Ryeowook asked.

            Kyuhyun’s hand stilled in his hair and he smiled down fondly at his husband.  “Yes…very suspicious.”

            “Really?” he questioned.

            "Perhaps if we'd planned that out in advance, we could have booked you a room."

            "Booked me a room?" Ryeowook questioned, scrunching his brow together.

            "Just for appearances sake," Kyuhyun pointed out.  "Or at least if we had some other friends going, too, it wouldn't look suspicious to be sharing rooms.  But just the two of us would look suspect."

            "You really think they'd notice?"

            Kyuhyun nodded and continued to play with Ryeowook’s hair, which had become much more fun to play with now that it was growing out more, and Kyuhyun found himself touching the soft, fluffy locks almost every day.  “Perhaps if we hadn’t been a little obvious lately, it wouldn’t seem like a big deal, but we’ve been hinting pretty strong and if it were leaked out that we shared a room or were travelling alone together, that would just about cement the fact that we were lovers.”

            Ryeowook frowned.

            “And we don’t have a network of people protecting us in Japan like we do in Korea or even China,” Kyuhyun reminded him.  “We just can’t guarantee that people won’t rat us out to the press, baby.”

            “I don’t want to be away from you all weekend,” Ryeowook complained, turning back to look at the big screen tv they had mounted on the wall. 

            “Neither do I,” Kyuhyun assured him.  “To be honest though, you probably would have been bored to tears most of the time anyway.”

            “I’m never bored when I’m with you,” Ryeowook mumbled.  “You’re like your own soup opera.”

            Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.  “I’m a gamer, how entertaining could I possibly be?  Other than going to the performance, you’d be bored, trust me…aside from the food and the we could have had.”

            Ryeowook sighed again, even more dramatically, and then declared, “Well, if I can’t go with you, I guess I’ll have to do something else that’s fun!”

            “Such as?”

            “EunHae have a concert!”

    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter