Proof #6

Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reservations

            Kyuhyun groaned the moment he opened his eyes and the sunlight hit them.  Immediately, he closed them again and hid his face in the pillow.  Unfortunately, the alarm was going off—it was blaring and the headache he already had was making his head pound—and his little husband was snoring through it peacefully.  So he was forced to open his eyes yet again and fumble for the off switch.  He squinted his eyes open and looked for the source of the noise.  It was inconveniently located on the other side of the bed and Ryeowook was wrapped around him like a koala at the moment.  Kyuhyun rolled towards the alarm clock and reached as far as he could.  He managed to grasp it and yanked hard until the cord finally flew out of the socket in the wall.  Then he tossed the infernal device on the floor and slumped back into the mattress.

            A smile spread across his husband’s face and, after a moment of wondering if he’d woken his husband up or if he was dreaming of something pleasant, he peeked up at Kyuhyun through half-open eyes.  “Rough morning?”

            “I have a headache,” Kyuhyun explained, nuzzling against his husband’s neck.  “I must have drunk a lot.  I don’t even remember getting back to the room.”

            “Are we in our room?” Ryeowook questioned, looking around. 

            “I gave you a piggy back somewhere, I just don’t remember unlocking the door,” Kyuhyun admitted.  “I just remember little bits and pieces of the night.”

            “Those are our suitcases,” Ryeowook pointed out.  “What time did you set the alarm for anyway?”

            “I don’t remember setting the alarm and I probably just broke it, so you’d better find your phone,” Kyuhyun suggested.

            Ryeowook checked on the night stand—it wasn’t there—and then dug into his pants pocket.  Sure enough, his phone was still there.  He frowned down at the screen.  “Time to get our asses moving,” he informed his husband.  “Should I order you some coffee?”

            “Yes,” Kyuhyun groaned, closing his eyes and hugging is pillow. 

            “I’ll get you some aspirin and some water.  Then I’ll order your coffee and shower first.  You have to listen for the door, so don’t fall back asleep,” Ryeowook instructed him.

            “Order me some food, too.”

            Ryeowook smiled and ruffled his husband’s hair.  “I’ll order us both food.  It will probably keep up both from getting crabby with everyone today, but you have to promise to eat and shower fast, because whichever one of us set the alarm didn’t really give us much time this morning.”

            Kyuhyun nodded.

            “And I’ll be sure to let the others know that we are not doing anything with them tonight.  No more ruined plans,” Ryeowook promised.

            “I already made reservations last night before we started drinking.  I’m stopping at my dad’s university after the recording for a visit and then later we’re heading out to eat alone,” Kyuhyun informed him, sitting up in bed as Ryeowook grabbed him a glass of water. 

            “Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Ryeowook asked.  “They really do follow our every move here.”

            “I don’t care,” Kyuhyun said, holding his hand out while Ryeowook gave him the medicine.  And certainly, on the rare day that Kyuhyun woke up with a hangover, he really didn’t care about much but loud noises and bright lights.  “They can take all the damn pictures they want or talk about it all they want.  Like I said, I have dinner with all sorts of people, it usually doesn’t lead to anything weird being said.”

            “We’ve been hanging out a lot this weekend,” Ryeowook pointed out.

            “We are same-age friends in the same band,” Kyuhyun defended himself.  “That isn’t strange.”

            Ryeowook smiled.  “I didn’t say I didn’t want to go.  I just don’t want you to whine about it later when people start talking about how suspicious it looks when you’ve been hanging around with me exclusively.”

            “Everyone knows we’re close,” Kyuhyun said, setting the empty water glass on the night stand and laid back down in the bed. 

            Ryeowook nodded.  “They do.”

            Kyuhyun grabbed Ryeowook by the shoulder and pulled him back down and kissed him briefly.  “Good morning.”

            Ryeowook laughed and kissed his husband once more before getting up to order the food.  “Good morning.  Don’t fall back asleep.”

            Ryeowook ordered the food and coffee and the moment he got off the phone with the translator, he looked over and found his husband sound asleep once again and looking far too peaceful to wake, although he would eventually have to.  Instead, he kept his own shower brief and managed to get dressed in time to answer the door when room service brought up their food to allow his husband a little time to sleep in.  When it came to Kyuhyun, he just couldn’t stand to see him sick or tired and would do anything to make him feel just a little better.  At least waking Kyuhyun up a second time was a little easier, since few things made him quite as happy as eating, and Kyuhyun was one of those types that always felt better with a full stomach after drinking the night before. 

            “Where’s the hubby?” Sungmin asked, looking around at the group once they got back to the hotel. 

            “He went to UPI for a visit,” Ryeowook said, getting out of the van with Donghae and Henry.

            “He didn’t take you with?” Hyukjae asked.

            Ryeowook rolled his eyes and Sungmin shook his head.  “That wouldn’t look suspicious at all, would it?” Sungmin asked.

            Hyukjae scratched his head.  “Okay, I suppose.”

            “There’s being inseparable and then there’s being joined at the hip,” Ryeowook pointed out.  “And you know what, I really don’t mind not having to tour the school when I’d rather take a nap.  I feel bad that Kyuhyun can’t rest instead, but what can you do?  He can’t come all the way to Taiwan and not visit his dad’s school if he’s this close and he has a little free time in his schedule.  It’s all part of supporting your family.”

            “It’s all part of having rich parents,” Hyukjae said, shrugging.  “Kind of like the big actor who’s missing in action again this weekend.”

            “Yeah, but unlike Siwon, Kyuhyun makes more money than his parents,” Ryeowook blurted out and then covered his mouth with his hand afterwards.  “You didn’t hear that from me!”

            “We already guessed as much,” Donghae only stated, leading them into the hotel.

            “The fact that he bought his parents a new house, and your parents, and then got you guys that apartment kind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter