Forever, I Do #4

Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Photographs

 

            “What do you mean, you didn’t get it?” Kyuhyun asked, his voice rising.

            “I’m so sorry, oppa!  I was so caught up listening to you two recite your vows, I was crying myself, and I forgot all about taking pictures of Hyungsik,” Amber said, biting her lip as she looked over her upset friend.  “But I just loved listening to you two so much.  I was a mix of laughing and crying.”

            Kyuhyun sighed heavily and pat her back.  “It’s okay.  I asked a few other people to as well.  Hopefully one of them managed to do it.”

            “I got pictures of you two kissing at the end,” she offered.

            Kyuhyun waved his hand.  “Oh, I have a billion pictures of us kissing sitting around.  Minnie and Hyuk and Hae snap pictures when they catch us in the act,” he informed her.

            Amber’s brows furrowed.  “That must happen quite a bit then.”

            Kyuhyun realized he’d rather not respond to that allegation and looked around for his husband.  “Oh, look!  Ryeong is stuck with his aunts.  I promised him I’d rescue him if that happened.  Excuse me,” he said, leaving her and making his way over to where Ryeowook stood.  Of course, he didn’t remotely make it that far.  There were just too many people there that wanted to wish him well on his marriage—despite the fact he’d already been perfectly married for nearly a year—to assume he could navigate through a room without being stopped half a dozen times.  The first time, it was by his mother, who was conversing with his aunt and cousin.  Then Minho stopped him to chat with Onew and Taemin, which he had no objection to, especially since they had a glass of wine to offer him.  Then Henry interrupted to ask about what music they wanted played first during dinner so he could instruct the musicians and Kyuhyun deferred answering and recommended he ask Ryeowook because God forbid he give them the wrong answer and have to hear about it while trying to enjoy his steak.  He also asked Henry to pull Ryeowook away from his aunts if he hadn’t already managed it himself, since he couldn’t even see his husband anymore at that point and wasn’t likely to run into him anytime soon. 

            After this, Leeteuk and Jonghoon pulled him aside to talk about the new album.  They’d been discussing the matter and everyone had agreed to forego their summer vacation time to work on the seventh album.  Kyuhyun agreed that he and Ryeowook were all in as well if that’s what needed to be done, although he’d been looking forward to having some alone time with his husband, but the group meant so much to them both.  They would do what needed to be done to be ready in time.  Just when he thought he might actually escape the crowd, he ran into Jino, who he was eager to talk to. 

            “Kyu hyung!” Jino greeted him, lighting up at seeing him as he was chatting with Zhoumi.

            “Hey, I’m glad you made it!” Kyuhyun said, wrapping his arm around the younger man’s shoulders.  “Say, did you happen to get any pictures of Hyungsik crying?”

            Zhoumi snorted at this and smacked Kyuhyun in the arm, clearly amused.

            “I tried my best,” he said, pulling out his cellphone.  “But I was on the other side of the church and behind him, so I really only got the back of his head.”

            Jino showed him the pictures he did have, but none of them were very close or showed pictures of Hyungsik’s face, which didn’t do him any good.  At least he had to give the kid credit for actually remembering and trying though.  They’d talked about it a few weeks ago.

            Kyuhyun looked defeated, but rubbed Jino’s head.  “Thanks for trying.”

            “Sorry, hyung.”

            “You should have told me,” Zhoumi said.  “I wasn’t on the right side, but I was closer.”

            “Would you really have taken pictures of Hyungsik crying for me?” Kyuhyun asked, doubtful.

            “I might have to get you to do me a favor later on,” Zhoumi pointed out.

            “Like what?” Kyuhyun asked, narrowing his eyes.

            “I don’t know.  It would have to be good, wouldn’t it?” he teased.

            “Well, you didn’t though, so I guess this conversation is useless,” he said.  “There’s still some hope Victoria managed to get one though…if she read my texts.”

            “Good luck,” Zhoumi said, patting Kyuhyun’s back.

            “I better try and find Ryeong.  I’ve been trying to track him down for,” Kyuhyun paused to look at his watch, “fifty-two minutes now.”

            “I just saw him over by the bar,” Jino informed him.

            “Thanks,” Kyuhyun said, heading that direction.  As he neared, he spotted his husband amongst several members of EXO, laughing hysterically, and although he wasn’t particularly pleased to see him acting his normal flirtatious self with his favorite group of dongsaengs, he did think it was a good opportunity to ask Tao if he’d managed to get any pictures of Hyungsik crying in the middle of the ceremony.  Before he could reach them, however, his father-in-law stopped him and introduced him to a couple members of his family that Kyuhyun had never met before and Kyuhyun was obliged to spend a few minutes conversing with them.  When he finally broke away, Ryeowook was gone once again, but he did manage to spot Tao standing next to Kris, who was ordering a drink.

            “Hey guys,” Kyuhyun said, leaning against the bar in exhaustion.

            “Hyung!  What would you like to drink?” Kris asked.

            “Uh…any red wine will do,” Kyuhyun said.

            Kris ordered them all drinks.

            “Did you get the picture?” Kyuhyun asked.

            “I tried,” Tao admitted, pulling his camera out of his pocket.  “I don’t know what happened though.  I was so proud of myself for being covert about it and quick, but they all turned out blurry.  See!”

            Tao showed Kyuhyun the pics that he’d taken and Kyuhyun frowned.  None of them were remotely clear.  “But he was for sure crying?”

            “Weeping, I’d say,” Tao admitted, putting his camera away.

            “I could hear him!” Kris said, handing Kyuhyun his glass of wine.

            Kyuhyun gave them an exasperated look.  “All I wanted is one picture!  I wish I could have been in two places at once and watched him cry his eyes out throughout the whole service, but all I really needed to have was just one single picture of his torture!”

            “Sorry!” Tao said, taking his drink from Kris.  “But I’ll keep an eye out all night and if I see him start to tear up while you’re dancing or something, I’ll try again.”

            Kyuhyun nodded.

            “I liked your vows, especially your little crack at Wook’s height,” Kris said, snickering.

            “Yeah…I’m probably going to catch hell about that one later,” Kyuhyun admitted, smiling before he took a sip of his wine.  “I enjoyed all of his.  I’ll have to watch the recording of it again later…maybe on our real anniversary.”

            “Do you do cheesy things like that on your anniversaries?” Kris asked, giving Kyuhyun a skeptical look.

            “Yeah, we do,” Kyuhyun confessed.  “However, our old anniversary was always on Christmas Eve, so we never usually went out anywhere because it was a holiday.  We often spent most of it with our families.  Our wedding was in September, so now we can actually go out to dinner or make other plans if we want and spent it all alone.  That will be a nice switch.” 

            “Someone told me you two originally wanted to have the vow renewal on KyuWook Day, is that true?” Tao asked.

            Kyuhyun laughed.  “It was one thought, although it’s hard to get some of the guests out of their day jobs on a Friday—even Ryeowook—but then SM informed us that there was an SM Town concert scheduled for that day, so we had to move it.  We probably wouldn’t have had it then anyway, or it would be too hard for people to take off, but it did run through our heads at one point.”

            “You still had it very close to the date though.  Why not have it closer to the one year anniversary?”

            “Because we have SS6 starting up at the end of September.  We probably shouldn’t have done it this late because of all the work that still needs to be done, but we wanted to wait for Leeteuk to come home first,” Kyuhyun explained.  “We knew it would be easier just to ask permission to get Jongwoon back for a stretch than two members at once and jumped on the opportunity.  From here on out, there will always be two or more members gone, I think, once Shindong leaves.  After he goes, Minnie, Siwon, Hyuk, and Hae won’t be far behind.”

            Kris and Tao nodded.  Kyuhyun downed a good portion of his wine, being rather thirsty, and then looked around for Ryeowook again.  “Well, I think I’ll be off to track down my husband.  I’ve been trying to reach him for…an hour and sixteen minutes now.”

            “Good luck with that!  He got yanked away from us by Girl’s Generation a little while ago,” Tao claimed.

            “That’s nine against one,” Kris reminded him.

            “I can handle them,” Kyuhyun confiden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter