Chapter 6

Unspoken Words

Seungho waited impatiently at his desk. His fingers tap the desk with the constant beat. His eyes continuously drifted back to his cell and the office’s phone and sometimes he would look at his watch. Fifteen minutes just past, where’s the report? He thought frustrate.

“I assume Doojoon hasn’t called yet?”

Seungho lifted his gaze to meet his brunette lover. The man brought a cup of warm coffee for him, hoping the smell of the dark brown liquid could ease his feeling. Seungho shook his head when the brunette put the cup in front of him. The brunette then seat across the table and rest his arms on the wooden table.

“So, what can I do to help?” he offered.

Seungho placed his hand on the top of the younger’s, held it affectionately. “What can a famous idol do to help me solve a case?” he asked with raised a brow. His attempt to make a joke futile because the tension within him.

“Maybe I can’t,” he said, flipped his hand to hold onto Seungho’s as well. “But my dad can. If you remember, he has his own Interpol. Scratch that, I mean spy.”

The prosecutor looked at his lover with a new look. Mr. Jung is the owner of the two biggest companies in Korea. He has holdings scatter almost in every company that exist. To sum up, he’s freaking rich.

And that freaking rich has his system. He recruits the best detectives, the best bodyguards, all the best he could to protect himself, along with his precious family. Seungho always has the suspicious that Mr. Jung also has his personal killer to eliminate his rival. There’s almost impossible for someone to become that rich in a clean white. Seungho doesn’t really thing about it though, since Mr. Jung never really does something against the law in front of him. He loved his son that much.

Seungho was about to answer when his long waited phone rang. The tense comeback to him as his glance becomes serious. He picked the phone almost immediately.

“Doojoon,” he greeted with his authority voice.

“Prosecutor,” the detective replied with the same formal voice. They’re best friend, but work demands their professionalism. “Target already left the house when we got here. By the condition of the house, they just left not long ago. My team will check the house for any sign. I found a potential witness. I will bring her to the central for interrogation.”

The prosecutor’s grip on the phone tightened as the other hand rubbing his temple. He held the urge to curse and instead just saying. “I got it. Thank you for telling me.”

“Its fine,” Doojoon said and for a moment, the professionalism is left behind. “I’m sorry about it, hyung.”

“Me too,” Seungho said before he ended the call.

By the dark look on Seungho’s face, Byunghee know it’s not wise to talk about it. He waited quietly until Seungho able to control the rage inside of him.

“You know, sometime I missed become a detective,” Seungho said, looked far away instead of the person in front of him. “Time like this,” he told the younger who looked at him without said anything, but an understanding lingered in his eyes.

Byunghee becomes a witness of the efforts Seungho and all the team did for the case. They work overtime almost every day in this past week, searching, digging for information. Just hours ago, they finally found an address that have the biggest possibility to be their target’s stay. Doojoon and his team immediately preparing and go to the address.

He saw how much Seungho wants to go, but he can’t. He’s prosecutor now. Although he was once one of the best detectives, he isn’t now. It’s not his area, out of his job desk to personally participate on investigation. It’s a relief that Doojoon is a very good friend and he can understand how important this case for Seungho. Doojoon works together with him, tell him any news, any progress he got.

Still, they don’t fast enough. Byunghee held Seungho’s hand softly. “I’ll see if my father could do any help,” he said soothingly.

Seungho sighted and looked at his lover right on his eyes. He laced their fingers together. “What can I do without you?” he asked him with small smile on his lips.

“You won’t be without me.”

***

Joon been told that Seungho met another death end by message. Seungho never told him the detail, according to ethic code or whatever it called, but he always make sure Joon knows their newest information. Joon looked at his phone's screen solemnly. He knows Seungho does his best more than he could thank him. There's a part in his heart that want to be any help for all of them. He wants to be use, to do something than seat and waiting. He sighed before texting the reply for Seungho's message.

"Nunna?" he heard Mir's sleepy voice called. The younger opened his door and rubbing his eyes to chase away the sleepiness.

"Eunah went to meet Mrs. Bang," Joon softly told him.

Mir's eyes shot open when he heard Joon's voice. The elder’s staring back at him from his place on the couch. "Good morning Mir," he greeted.

It needs a moment for Mir to recover from his shock and process what Joon told him. "Is everything alright?" he asked.

"Eunah just told me that your mom wants to talk to her. I guess nothing's serious since she doesn't look in a hurry," Joon explained. "Don't worry," he added, knowing that Mir tend to over think whenever it related to family.

Mir blinked couple times before nodded a little. It’s his habit now. Joon looked at him for some more moment. He only meets Mir when the younger has a session with Dr. Kim. Joon will drive both Mir and Eunah there. He wonders how exactly Mir feels about it. When the first time Mir voiced his thought to seek for help, at night Joon called him for the first time. He asked the younger whether it’s alright for him to come along. He does hope Mir will allow him to come, but he also doesn’t want to pester the younger.

When Mir’s tiny voice reluctantly said it’s okay, he almost jump from his bed. He thanked the younger twice. He always excited when the session’s time comes. It brings joy to him more than anything to see Mir slowly feels better.

The progress is not in an instant. Mir has various complicated problems and he was hurt. It will take time for him to heal and move on with his life. It turns out Joon also need some therapy for himself. Dr. Kim kindly explains the impact of the accident doesn’t only affect Mir. It affects him in some way.

By the progress, Mir slowly accepts his life and what happened with it. They are all focused on that first before move to his relation with people. Joon still see the fear in his eyes when they are ‘too close’. Joon feels uneasy about it. He’s afraid Mir agreed to accept his phone every time and allowed him to come to his session because he’s too scared to refuse.

Joon really want to ask about it again, but he can’t voice his thought. He believes it’s better to ask it over the phone, so Mir wouldn’t feel intimidated. Another reason is because he can’t see another excuse to see the younger. If Mir refused to permit him to come with him anymore, he doesn’t know what he should say to meet the younger again. The thought about it sometimes became unbearable for him that he can’t bring himself to sleep at night.

“Why don’t you take a shower?” Joon cooed when they again feel into an awkward silence. “I’ll prepare breakfast than we could eat together, how it sounds?”

Although he asked for them to eat together, in the end it’s only Mir who is sitting at the dining table, with a plate of scrambled eggs and slightly burned toast. Joon made himself comfortable by rested his waist at the sink near the table and drink his coffee in that position. He doesn’t think Mir ready for the close distance between them if Joon sat across him at the table and he wants Mir to eat something since the younger lost lot of weight lately.

Again, he wondered what the point to accompany Mir here now. He made Mir squirmed in uncomfortable. Isn’t it better if they don’t be alone like this? He wondered whether Eunah is being wise for told him to come and accompany Mir while she away but he will be worry if Mir left alone.

Unconsciously Joon shook his head. What’s wrong with him today? He’s thinking too much. His movement drew Mir’s eyes on him. For a split second, their eyes met. Joon gives him a small smile before averted his eyes away, safe Mir from the fear.

They spent the rest of the day together. Joon silently accompany Mir through all Mir wanted to do. When Mir decided to read in his room, he left the door slightly opened and Joon will seat on the couch in the living room, sometimes steal a glance toward him. When Mir came out to watch some movie, Joon will seat at the dining table, watching over him time to time from behind.

Joon cooked for Mir’s lunch with his poor skill. He doesn’t want to leave Mir alone even for buy food. Mir ate his food without complain when Joon once again made himself comfortable by resting at the sink.

It doesn’t go unnoticed by Mir that Joon didn’t eat anything since the morning. He prepared himself to seat across to him and eat together, but Joon seems doesn’t have any intention to do so. He wanted to question it, but the words never came out from his lips, therefore Joon never gives him any answer. Even so, Joon gave him the same small smile whenever Mir dared himself to look at the elder.

The way Mir looked at it every smile Joon shown him have some means. It shows reassure, promising him that it’s alright. Somehow, the smile is also encouraging him. It feels like Joon praised him whenever Mir brings himself to look at him. The smile also tells Mir that Joon is here with him.

They don’t really talk except when Joon informed him Eunah will be late than she planned, or when he called the younger for eat. Joon also ask Mir to tell him if there’s anything he wants, once. When Mir finished the lunch and cuddled at the couch with his blanket up to his neck, that’s when Joon get closest to him. Joon stood near the couch, asking if he feels cold and if he slept well last night. Mir shook his head for the first question and nodded for the second. With Mir’s lack answer, Joon only replied with ‘I see’ then went back to seat at the dining chair in the back.

Joon doesn’t insist on going a conversation between them. He let Mir alone with him at the background. He doesn’t ask question any further. He also maintains distance between them. There are approximately one meter between them. However it doesn’t make Joon ignorant. He sees almost every Mir’s movement without Mir notices. He moves from his place just in time when Mir moves, so the distance is still there. Most of time filled with silence but Joon feels contented. Mir’s presence is enough to make him at ease.

Joon thought today will run up smoothly, but it proves it’s not when the rain started to pour. Joon watched helplessly when fears are lurking back into the younger’s eyes. He isn’t fast enough to react when Mir leapt from his seat to his room and bang the door’s shut. Joon chased him, only to stop when he arrived in front of the room.

His hand’s ghosting to the door’s knob but he doesn’t turn it open. He heard the agonizing screamed and muffled cries from the room. He doesn’t realize both his hands were trembling and tears streamed his cheeks. His weak knees gave up and he slid to the floor, sat in front of the door.

He brought his hand to knock on the door softly.  “Mir,” he called, forced his voice to steady and calm. “It’s alright Mireu. It’s over.”

Joon harshly wiped away his tears. “Don’t be afraid, nobody going to hurt you,” he said clearly for Mir to hear. Joon closed his eyes when the muffled cried became louder. “I won’t let anyone hurt you, neither myself.”

After minutes that feel like an eternity, the sound finally stopped.

***

Joon smiled to that person. It’s always beloved to see that captivating smile. He’s always very warm and kind, contrast with everything that person knows. The person’s life is dull and cold. It’s a life that thorns you away, break you off if you are not strong enough. It’s suffering, to live this life. It’s broken and empty, leaving not enough space for something called hope.

Right after they met, Joon becomes that person’s hope. It’s something new, to have a reason for wake up every morning, to have someone who care enough to smile and recognized that person’s presence. In a blink of eye, that person’s life is brighter, so much brighter with Joon in it. Joon brought that person to live, to really live.

That person reached a hand to Joon. Just seeing Joon time by time isn’t enough anymore. Just exchanged greetings and smiles, and a little touch don’t enough now. That person wants Joon. The desire is too strong to ignore now.

That person reached out just to find Joon turned away and smiled to that . It’s a different smile. Joon smiled like he adores that . He smiles in the way he never does o that person; with love.

“I want you to meet him,” Joon said, introduced them. “He is Mir, my lover.”

That person jerked off from the bed with widens eyes. Sweat formed on that person’s forehead. Nightmare, that person has it often now. That person gritted their teeth in frustration. That , why doesn’t he just die?

That person’s bedroom’s door opened and revealed Jay. Jay invited himself in. “I need to move my people,” he informed that person. “Polices trace them down.”

Jay shut his mouth when he saw the bloodshot eyes. “What happened?” he asked softly, sitting himself on the edge of that person’s bed and rubbed that person’s back in comforting manner. “You have a nightmare?”

That person brushed Jay off and woke up from the bed, revealed their half body. “That ing !” That person hissed. “Why don’t you kill him?!”

Jay walked to that person and gave a back hug. That person wiggled out and slapped him across the face. “YOU FUKING USELESS, DON’T YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE?!” that person cried in rage.

The glass was knocked out and shattered between them. Jay ignored the deafening sound and harshly gripped that person’s wrist. He pulled that person onto him and bit that person’s neck, drew a blood. That person screamed in ecstasy. Rough is always the best to calm that person’s rage.

That person tugged Jay’s hair hard and smashed their lips together. Jay complied and trailed his hand roughly on that person’s body. That person whimpered under his touch. They wrestled on the floor when that person tore away Jay’s clothes away and pulled him closer.

“Bring Joon to me, Jay,” that person demanded when Jay moved to please that person.

“Soon,” Jay promised. 

 

 

 

Written By: Honey June

 


Dun dun... 

sorry it took a long time, I get confuse and the college's starting.

Anyway, sorry for the lame use of 'that person'. It's annoying but I don't want to reveal that person's gender.