Chapter 1

Unspoken Words

Joon never really think about how waiting could be killing, until now. The moment that Eunah told him, he wants to slap her hard. Seriously, what kind of joke is it? What the hell might be in her head? But he rushed to hospital nonetheless, despite how hard he wants to believe that it's joking, some part of his heart told him otherwise.

When he arrived and saw Eunah crying river tears in real agony, his knees became weak, and everything turned to black. His Mir, his lively cute Mir. How could someone did that to him? Joon's mind filled with questions which he welcomes gladly. He busied himself not to think about the pain, the crushed in his heart. He wanted to break down and burst into tears just like Eunah. He wanted to break into the room and see Mir with his eyes, make sure he's safe now. He wanted to bring Mir to somewhere that nobody could hurt him ever again. He wanted to whisper any soothing words to his ear, make sure that Mir knows he will always here.

He wanted to return the time, to the previous hours they spent together. This time, he'll listen to his lover and never take even one step further from him. He won't go away and leave Mir out of his sight, he'll hold Mir tight, safe into his arms so that no one could hurt him. Some dark path in his heart wanted to shout and searched for that man, and kills him with his own hand, seeing how fear lingers in that scum's eyes when he knew that his life's soon end.

Instead of break down like all his body and mind wanted to, he endured. He pressed the need on the bottom of his heart, took Eunah from the floor and guided her to seat on the waiting chair, hug her for comfort and calm her. He talked to the nurse, asking for when the doctor will come out so that they could see Mir, and composed himself when the nurse can't answer. He refused to break down, knowing that someone needs to stay strong for them three. He needs to be strong for Mir, and for his sister. He knows once he loses composure of his self, he'll defeat.

Absentmindedly, he patted Eunah's shaking back, eyes drifted to door which separated them from Mir. After very long time of waiting, the door opened and the doctor with nurse come out. The doctor opened his mask and took a deep sigh, his expression's not good. Joon rushed to him.

"How's him?"

"Are you the patient's relative?" he asked. The determined look on Joon told the doctor the answer of his question. He looked up behind Joon, to crying woman who tried hard to get a grip of herself. "Let's talk about this in my office."

"No," Eunah talked for the first time after Joon arrived at hospital. For someone who cries for most likely hours, her voice surprisingly steady and strong. "How about Mir? I don't want to leave him, I want to see him."

Joon took a hold of her hand, calming her quietly. The doctor gestured them to move. “Don’t worry miss, Mir still rest now. Once he opens his eyes, you’ll be the first one he sees,” he said reassuringly. “Now, if you don’t mind, please come to my room, there’s very important thing I need to tell you about Mir’s condition.”

They proceed to the doctor’s room when they could talk in privacy. Both Joon and Eunah sat across the table. The doctor sat on his chair, opened the map which written Bang Mir in front. He connected both his hand and looked at both man and woman in front him.

“Bang Mir-ssi got some after injury. There’s quite deep wound near his rear, and bruises on his back, shoulders, also waist.”

Eunah gripped Joon’s hand hard, taking control of herself while Joon tried hard to calm her and himself at the same time. “I’ve run a scan for his brain, and there’s no damage. There’s also no chemical poison or drugs in his system, so it’s safe for us to give him anesthesia to decrease his pain,” the doctor continued. “We already took care of the injuries, nothing could danger Mir-ssi. It will heal on a few days.

“However, there’s something that we should anticipate. For someone who faced such a tragic accident, it’s normal for them to being traumatic. When Bang Mir-ssi was brought to this hospital, he didn’t respond the light, his pupil didn’t dilated. He also didn’t respond to any sound or pressure, and then he lost into unconscious.”

Eunah gasped when a grip on her hand becomes too strong that it hurts. Soon, Joon opened his grip and released her. “What will happen?” Eunah asked, vocalize both she and Joon’s thought.

“We can’t determine it accurately yet, we need to wait until he wakes up and see more.”

“And when will it be?” Joon forced his voice to come out. The doctor drifted his attention to him.

“It can be anytime, depend on his self. His mind needs time to process what happened and to be protected. It will be very good if all his relatives and friends could be there to support him. It’s important for him to feel safe in the environment he knew.”

The doctor handed another map to them. “I’m sorry but this is the result of medical check-up for Bang Mir-ssi, if you agree, we’ll hand this to the police so they could take action for this case soon.”

“Okay,” Eunah answered in monotone. “Thank you very much, doctor.”

The doctor accepted Eunah’s hand and shakes it. “Its fine, miss. I’m sorry about your brother.” He offered his hand to Joon. “And you too, sir. I’m sorry about your?” he said with uncertain. “Lover,” Joon answered him with empty voice. He took the doctor’s hand with his own hand. “He’s my lover.”

The doctor flinched but fast took a grip of his self. He grabbed Joon’s hand with his two hands. “I’m really sorry, sir. We’ll do anything we can.”

***

After the pain that attacked him, piercing every part of his body, he now feeling at ease. The pains lessen and just became a null sound at the back. It does not really bother him anymore. Still, the darkness pressed him into unconsciousness, deep down till it hard to breathe.

His body forced him to accept the dark and rest, but his mind struggle to refuse. He needs to wake up. He needs to open his eyes and… what? He didn’t have any idea but he feels a very strong urge to do so. Something, no, someone waiting for him, desperately holding his hand and ask him, pleading him to wake up thousand times.

Mir found the sound was so familiar but he doesn’t know who is it. The hands that held his hand filled with warm that sent through, warm Mir inside. Mir wants to move his hand, to return the hold to cheer up that person who held him this long. That person seems so sad, he pleaded and whispered, promised many thing if he wakes up. Mir wants to ease his sorrow like that person ease his pain.

“It’s okay sweetheart, wake up when you feel like doing it, but don’t make me wait too long okay? I miss you.” Mir heard that sound again.

This time, he tried his best to fight the dark and brought his best to come to the surface. He could feel all his muscle flexed, the pains come back and hurt him mostly in abdomen. His breath becomes rapid and unsteady, but he keeps fighting.

In all those pain, he feels the pressure on his hand, where he was held. “It’s okay,” he heard that sound again. “Slowly, Mireu, baby. Slowly. It’s going to be alright, you going to be alright.”

Mir took another breath that sent sharp pain through his chest, and with that he opened his eyes. His breath becomes more erratic before finally calm. He finally saw some light. He saw motions and shape, after an empty darkness.

Next, he heard voices. A noisy ruckus buzzing in his ears. He tried to move a finger, movement he wanna do all this time long. He felt pure bliss when he could feel all his body. Then, he looked up, to the familiar face not too far from him. It’s his sister. Tears running from her eyes yet she smiled so wide. Mir felt somehow safe, being with someone he knew.

He tilted his head, just to find another face. This time, he froze. The face now is not as simple as his sister’s. Of course, he knew this one too well. He recognized almost as soon as he first laid eyes on him.

Suddenly Mir feels nausea and fear. A very strong fear crept along his spine. Being too close with him didn’t help. Mir jerks off violently, instinctively hugging his self, ignoring the fact that he ripped his skin by the IV with his frantic act.

His body trembles hard and he desperately wants to get away from him. Eunah comes to his side and grabbed him, but it caused Mir to frighten more. Eunah released him, didn’t know what to do.

Mir looked at his surrounding with wide eyes. Anyone who seeing him could see the fear in his eyes.

“Don’t come near me,” was the first thing he said after he awakes.

 

 

 

Written by : Honey June

 

 

 

 


Hi there! This story is slower than other because I need to have some research about it, and I've een busy lately. I wanna this one to turn out well, so please be patient. ^^

JooMiForLike I also feel bad to make him suffer like this, but it should be done. ^^

kris-owns-ikarin96 Hello!!! thank you for reading this. Ohoo, Mir will be okay, when the time comes.

MeroMarocco and I'm really really glad that you like it! Woaa, having such an enthusiast reader as you really lifted my mood's up.  I will do my very best on the next chapters. Hopefully it could be faster. Anyway, happy reading.

KeyOppaSaranghae It's quite tragic for Mir, but it must be done. ^^ You have lots of story I want to catch up, but I'm waiting for yours and MeroMarocco's. I like it, definitely read the newest chapter soon after I post this.

Karenkitty1092 You just as angry as Joonie. Let's leave it to him, he won't let them go that easy, after lying a hand on his precious boyfriend. Thank you for read this story.

GenerationX Honestly I didn't intend to do it too, but I read an article about girl who being by his ex and sadly she's dead. Then suddenly I have the urge to write it. Yeah, Joonie surely regrets it a lot. He didn't know that the moment he took one step out of the house, he changed both their future, and put Mir's life at the stake. It's true I'm lack of confidence at this story, especially for the first chapter. Because it's the first time for me to write such a dark story and I'm afraid it didn't turn out well, but your and others support really lifted my confident up! Thank you so much.