Chapter 10

Unspoken Words

Joon felt relief when he saw the face he knew. “Thank God. Please, Mir is somewhere here. We need to get him out of here. Did you find him?”

That person walked closer to Joon and dabbed hand on Joon’s uninjured shoulder. “Calm down now.”

“I can’t,” Joon retorted. “I need to see him. Bring me to him, where is he? He scared, I know it. He’s very scared.”

“I don’t think I can bring you to him.”

Joon looked at the person in front of him with confused expression. He didn’t have enough time to recognize what’s the meaning of the sentence before the person leaned in and captured his lips. Joon’s eyes widened and he pushed that person hard. Joon stood from the bed. “Why did you do that?” he asked. When the words slipped from his mouth, everything slowly clicked in his mind.

Fear crept up Joon down to the spine. He ran toward the door, just to stop by a silver gun pointed at him. “Nah, where you think you’re going?” that person asked, motioned Joon to take back steps.

“Let go of me,” Joon growled dangerously. “I don’t believe you done this.”

That person smiled cheekily. A smile that looked familiar to Joon. “Isn’t it great how I could manage everything?”

 The strong feeling that rushed in Joon, despite the worry, is the sickening feeling toward the person in front of him. “I thought we were friend,” he said, in rage. “Hyuna.”

Hyuna chuckled. “It’s kinda hilarious since that’s why I did this,” she mocked, fast approached Joon that didn’t aware. She pressed his hand to the open wound at Joon’s left shoulder.

Joon screamed and fell to his knees. Blood dripped along his arm, created a puddle of red on the floor. Joon shivered, fighting the urged to black out. He breathed through gritted teeth and could smell the iron of his blood.

Beneath him, Hyuna once again chuckled, then she grabbed Joon’s right hand and tied it to pole at the head bed with a cuff. “Don’t try to do something funny, Joon. I don’t like to punish you, except you like it.”

Whistling, she tied Joon’s other hand on the same pole. She yanked over Joon’s hand, earned another grunted from Joon. “Now, put your on the bed,” she said. She slapped Joon when the man didn’t respond and forced him with the gun. Hyuna continued to tie Joon’s both feet with thick rope.

“That’s look better,” she commented, eyeing her work. “You better lie down while I find something to stop your bleeding. I don’t want you to die, after all.”

She pushed Joon to lean on the bed. Joon watched when she traced Joon’s face with her fingers. “Handsome. You don’t know how long I wish to have you on my bed.”

“Don’t ever think about touch Mir, all of you.” Joon demanded. The glinted on Hyuna’s eyes became darker, rage, and cruel.

“Well, my friend isn’t really happy his boyfriend caught. Maybe we should see what he would do, shall we?” she pecked Joon’s lips before get out of the room.

When Hyuna opened the door, Joon could see some light that made him closed his eyes. However, it doesn’t light that break his heart and boiled his blood. It’s a faint yet tortured scream that Joon knew by heart.

“MIR!!!” Joon screamed from the top of his lung, jerked away violently and banged his cuff, tried to break free. He ignored the blood that trickled down, he ignored the pain that stabbed him and threatened to steal his conscious, he ignored all, except from that voice.

***

He didn’t know whether it’s a minute or a decade. It feels like more than forever. He squirmed, shivered, vomited, he didn’t know what again. Did they beat him too hard? He surely didn’t feel anything. Is the room dark or bright? The nightmare stole his vision away.

Mir lied lifelessly on the cold floor, looked further away with empty eyes. His clothes were torn away and left him shirtless. His breath was erratic and stuck in his chest. Mir’s chest desperately rose up and down. The red marks cross over his chest, some is still bleeding. Some other painted in angry, dark red line. Beside red, other dominant colors are blue and purple for being beat out.

“You are too quiet right now,” Min commented, squatted next to Mir. He drew another long, red line from Mir’s neck to his collarbone with his dagger. Mir once again screamed with hoarse voice, jerked away from Min who chuckled. “That’s better,” he said, pulled Mir’s hair harshly until their eyes meet. Min pressed the cold dagger on Mir’s cheek. “I feel bad for hurt this beauty face.”

The copper haired broke away and once again vomited at the corner of the room. All the memory of the night rushed into his mind, every time clearer than before. He brought his arms to wrap securely around his body, held him to sanity. The sound, whispers from the night rang in his ears like it’s really happening.

Min watched when Mir curled helplessly. He smirked and walked away. His smile went wider when he saw Jay rested his back on the opened door. “Hey,” he said, playfully nudged Jay.

“Happy now?” Jay asked him, referring to Mir’s condition. Min smirked.

“I just teach him some lesson for capture Xin. Did you see his reaction? He freaks out.”

Jay nodded and laid his eyes on Mir. “I can see it. Don’t play with him too much. We need him alive to treat with Xin.”

“I thought Hyuna doesn’t want to let him go?” Min murmured, watching when Mir squirmed and shivered.

“She will,” Jay assured. “She got Joon after all and we need to get Xin out as soon as possible. I’ve prepared everything. Tomorrow we will call the police, tell them the place and we will treat Mir with Xin and our freedom.”

“What about Joon and Hyuna?”

“We’ll return Joon and pretend that Hyuna isn’t part of us. Hyuna’s manager will create alibi for her, if Joon dared to speak. In the meantime, Hyuna could bring Joon with her and all of us will move to Japan.”

Min raised his eyebrow. “And you do think Joon will that willingly accept?”

“He won’t have a choice. It’s him or Mir. Who do you think he’ll choose?”

“Good enough.”

Jay now turned his eyes on Min. “So quit harassing him already. He’s important.”

“Nah, no fun,” Min sulked. “I have a pretty explosive energy right now. Or maybe you could help me with that,” he said after thought about it, leaned in to capture Jay’s lips.

“Xin isn’t going to happy.”

“He won’t,” Min chuckled. “But he doesn’t lash me like Hyuna does to you. I’m going to bath. I leave him with you.”

With the last seduction on neck, Min retread, leaving Jay with Mir alone. Jay huffed and decided to get close to Mir. Like Min, he squatted next to Mir who didn’t seem to realize his presence.

“He did beat the hell out of you,” Jay commented and was about to run his fingers on the bruises when Mir avoid him like he’s some virus.

“I won’t hurt you,” he said nonchalant, seated next to him on the floor. “You just need to wait until tomorrow.”

Jay then hummed when Mir made a soft voice after a long silence. “What is it?”

“Joon,” Mir whimpered. “Please, Joon.”

The culprit watched Mir who still curled up in the same position. “You want to be with Joon?” he confirmed. For the first time, Mir raised his head and met gaze with his and his culprit.

“I-I need him,” Mir choked. He ashamed to show his weakness but tears already fell from his eyes. The torture’s too much, for faced your deepest fear all over again with every touches, every sound you heard. He faced it alone, again. The nightmare haunted him even when he’s fully conscious, crawl under his skin until he had the urge to peel his skin off. “Please,” he plea.

“I don’t think you can. Joon is occupied right now,” Jay replied, dripped thick blanket over Mir to cover him.

Mir winced when the blanket scratched his bruised and wound. He glad the blanket provided him some warm but it still doesn’t enough to dissipate cold he felt inside. “Please,” he breathed, shut his eyes tight when another wave of nausea hit him once again.

“Jay I need-“ the girly voice on the door stopped Jay for responded. “What’s going on here?” Hyuna snapped.  

 Jay looked at Hyuna’s direction. The woman stormed inside the room and yanked Jay to stand and moved away from Mir. “Don’t get near him,” she hissed.

“Easy,” Jay soothed her, get used for her exploded temperament.

“Min did a good job,” she said after looked at Mir. “I need band aid, something to stop Joon for bleeding.”

“I’ll take care of it,” Jay nodded. “Come,” he said while put his hand on Hyuna’s lower back, brought her along. He knew it won’t be a peace when he left Hyuna with Mir. The boy will be dead.

Hyuna did follow him, after landed her foot on Mir’s stomach, kicked him hard. Mir coughed and Jay flinched, but none of them voiced what exactly in their mind.

***

Detectives Doojoon kneeled next to the blood stain on the edge of the couch. His mind portrayed the possibilities. It’s must be more than one to break through the house, since they could handle the guards outside and Joon. The three men are all fit and well-build; it will take some effort to handle them.

Judging by the blood, they might be use weapon; blade, gun, anything sharp. There’s surprise element, it must be, to get them off guard. Doojoon thought it must be at least two men. It’s fit the situation. The friends wanted Xin to be free.

In the other room, both Seungho and his super star, G.O busied to calm Eunah, something that Doojoon didn’t really capable. The sister hadn’t stop crying since Doojoon and his crew rushed in. His assistant’s working on stir the house, tried to fine damn hair, stray of clothes, fiber, anything.

“We don’t find anything else, sir,” they reported. Doojoon sighed. He knew they won’t find anything they didn’t aware. The antic’s prepared, for a long time, deciding from the look at the crime scene. It’s messy yet organized. The culprit only told what they wanted the police to know, arrogance. “There’s a trace of wheels and black paint on the crashed door. Also, there is some ammunition’s powder scattered around the living room area.”

So they crashed the door with the car. Doojoon knew it must be for the surprise, the loud sound. He nodded to his assistant who let out his phone. “Order the researcher to find any black car which passed this road on the last two hours duration. It must be quite eye-catching, the crashed on the car,” Doojoon ordered.

“Yes sir.”

So they crashed the door, along with the guard, and entered. They trapped Joon and Mir inside the house, cornered him in the living room. Perhaps it’s where Joon and Mir stayed earlier, seated on the couch. They cornered Mir and Joon, hurt one of them with the weapon and took them.

Doojoon could portray the situation, now the motive. Why they need to take Joon along with Mir? From the earlier, Mir’s the center of attention, except, they wanted him to believe so. Doojoon walked to the front door, eyeing everything within his gaze while thinking. What if it’s all just a decoy? What if Mir’s actually only a stepping stone for another big purpose? What if the actual target isn’t Mir?

“Arrogance,” Doojoon murmured. That arrogance will lead into something; careless, impulsive, and unorganized act. Soon, Doojoon knew they’ll found something that will bring them to Joon and Mir. The problem is they don’t have time. The brutality at Mir’s case proved it. They are cold, cruel, might be psychopath. They’ve shown so much rage for Mir as a stepping stone. No mercy, took everything they want, do anything to reach what they want. They won’t wait too long and Mir’s life will be in danger, more than the actual target, Joon. They must move, now.

Doojoon re entered the house, went right to the room where Eunah stayed. He saw she’s tad calmer now, not hysterically cry and scream like she did before. Her eyes puffy from too much crying and her face red. Next to her, G.O kindly held her trembling hand, supported her and rubbed her back soothingly.

Seungho’s bit distant. He looked outside the window with empty eyes. Doojoon’s entry drew three pairs of eyes on him.

“How is it?” G.O was the first one to ask.

“We found some ammunition’s powder and sample of the car.”

Eunah gasped when she heard the word ammunition. Tears poured down her eyes and she weakly fumbled. G.O brought her to his embrace, rubbed her back mother-like. Seungho walked toward them and placed his hand on his man’s shoulder. Not to prevent him, but to gain some comfort from the younger. G.O’s other hand patted Seungho’s hand that on his shoulder lightly before went back to Eunah.

“Could we find their place?” Seungho asked.

Doojoon nodded. “But it’ll take some time.”

“We don’t have time,” Seungho murmured darkly, stated what’s in Doojoon’s mind.

“We will try other way.”

Seungho groaned and messed his hair in defeat. “What can I do to help?” he asked. Doojoon was about to propose this earlier but he doubted Seungho could be objective at the situation. Now looked at his fiery eyes, Doojoon knew he could.

“I need you to be in the interrogation room with me.”

The prosecutor nodded and looked at G.O who stared back at him. “We’ll be okay,” he assured.

Doojoon always see the side of strong and dominant prosecutor. Who knows today he sees the gentle side of him when he placed his hand on G.O’s hair and ruffled it shortly. He then kneeled to meet eyes with Eunah and held both her hands in his own hands.

“I will do my best, I promise you.”

Eunah nodded and squeezed his hands. Seungho returned the hold before stood and went out with Doojoon.

“Let’s bring you to my house,” they heard G.O said to Eunah. “You would be able to rest there. Later Sanghyun will come back from the Philippine, we could wait with him.”

At the interrogation room, the prosecutor returned. He eyed Xin from the first time officer brought him in until the poor man seated across the table. The prosecutor’s presence itself is intimidating.

“What again?” Xin vented, devastated.

“Well, we meet sooner than the plan,” Doojoon said calmly. “We have both good and bad news for you.”

Xin snorted. “Like there’s good in here.”

“The bad is we caught your boyfriend while ago,” Doojoon spoke with the same tone, watched when Xin stood abruptly. “The good is apparently, he is like what you said. He’s very love you.”

“What?” Xin caught off guard.

“You hear it right, Min refused to say anything and demand us to release you. He said he’ll tell us anything if we release you. But it’s not how its work.” Doojoon leaned in closer, put both his arms on the table. “Unfortunately, my partner and officers didn’t understand. They are trying to do anything to get the information from him.”

Xin smirked. “Well, good luck with that. Min is stubborn you know? He’s smart. He knows he needs to hear all of you promised us freedom first.”

Doojoon shook his head and looked at Xin with sympathy. “Xin, what I mean about anything is really anything.”

Smile faltered from Xin’s lips. He looked as confused as before. Doojoon sighed. “They are torturing him.”

 Xin grabbed Doojoon by the collar. “! What do you mean by that?!”

The detectives allowed him to lash out. “They beat him out. Min can’t even speak now.”

Seungho stopped him from punched the detective’s face. “Please calm down. You are not helping. Min is the priority right now.”

Doojoon nodded. “This is prosecutor Yang. One of my assistant reported the situation to him. He saw it with his own eyes, and he thought we both need to know. You need to know it Xin.”

All the focus now rolled to Seungho. “How is him?” Xin fumed, let Doojoon go.

Seungho refused to look at Xin. “I haven’t seen something terrible like that until now. I don’t want to believe that’s how the system works, but I saw it myself. The blood, the scream, oh God, he could be dead.”

Colors fade from Xin’s face. He seated back on his chair when his feet became weak. “You must save him,” he murmured before screamed the same sentence off.

“We can’t really do anything,” Doojoon said. “There must be an exchange.”

“I can’t tell you anything!” he shouted, both hands gripped his own hair.

“There is no time,” Seungho added. “They could do everything to Min right now. It’ll get worse when they sent him off to cell. Somebody might take an advantage of him.”

Xin looked at him like he suddenly grew another pair of hands on his head. Seungho didn’t look away. “Only you could save him.”

***

Joon’s being treated, he stopped bleeding, and didn’t feel too much pain like earlier. That man that Joon learned named Jay did a good job on treat his wound. He tied Joon with a rope on a chair instead of bed, said that his position earlier will open his wound. Joon focused his gaze on his lap, tried to clear his fuzzy mind. The amount of pain killer Jay forced him to drink messed up his sense. His head felt light and lost focus.

But he can’t give up. Mir, Joon heard his scream earlier. He must found him. He’d promise he won’t leave the younger ever again. He must bring Mir out of here quick, before something happened to Mir, before Mir taken away from him again.

Joon bit his bottom lip hard that it drew blood. The pain, he needed it to stay conscious, to fight the numbness and alluring sleep. A drop slipped from his parted lips as he took a sharp intake of breath. Joon once again tried to untie himself. Maybe he’ll be lucky with rope instead of cuff. He must quick. It’s now or never chance.

He overheard that Hyuna must be going somewhere to meet her manager right now. She left Joon under the hand of this Jay person. Joon watched her leaving while ago, after she gave him forceful kisses all over the face and stained his neck by red mark. It’s the memory Joon didn’t want to remember and by the glint Hyuna always had when he talked about Mir, Joon knows Mir’s in danger under her hands.

He squirmed and wiggled out to free himself off the rope that bind him. Joon gasped when finally, after several tries, he felt the tie being loosen.

Joon almost forget how to breath when he finally free of the rope. He quickly tossed the rope away to the corner of the room and stood. The sudden movement made him dizzy but he couldn't care less. There's much more important thing to do.

He sneak up until his door and ever so painfully slow opened the handle. Somehow, Joon still remember to be careful and aware. Fortune must be on his side, since the door opened smoothly, without made any noise. He peeked and found no one in the corridor. He opened the door wider and took a step outside his chamber. He scanned the room. It's totally strange to him. Surely it's not Hyuna's home. The house is spacious, with less furniture. It's a two-story house.

Right in front of him was the living room. They placed one burgundy couch and plasma TV. Across the living room are three closed doors leading to God know where. It seemed like the middle door is leading to bathroom, since it's smaller. Joon can't see the second floor clearly to know how many rooms are there. However he got this feeling that Mir is in the room behind one of the two doors that across to him. He heard Mir's scream earlier, when Hyuna opened the door. It sounded near. Decided, Joon walked closer to the first door on the left. He grabbed the handle with shaky hand. His heart’s thumping really hard inside his chest. He didn't sure he could hear anything else his own heartbeat. He opened the door slowly, just to find the door locked.

He tried once again and got the same result. He knocked the door softly and pressed his ear to the door, hoped to hear any sign that Mir's inside. When he got nothing, Joon sighed and diverted his eyes, tried to find something that could help. He frowned when he saw the other door. It had key hang in the keyhole. Joon blinked and the key's still there. Almost tripped over his own foot, Joon walked through the next door.

The model held the key and turned it in the keyhole. The clicked sound of the unlock door made he closed his eyes, hearing any movement; any respond whether he get caught. Joon eagerly opened the door when he heard nothing.

Too his relief, the door's really open. He scanned the room with his eyes and stopped when he saw what he searched. He found Mir, lied with the fetal position on the floor. His body all covered by the white sheet, but Joon could see him shivered and his pale face. Joon slipped in, closed the door with no sound and ran to Mir.

"Mireu," he whispered once he's close. He kneed right next to Mir who flinched. "Mireu it's me."

It really scared Joon when he saw the absent of emotion in the younger's eyes. Mir gazed toward his direction but he acted like he didn't see anything. He lied motionless, his pupil didn't even dilated. Tears pricked Joon's eyes when he saw such cold expression. Finally see through Mir, Joon saw the pale white skin tainted by purple bruises, scratches, and blood. Some also scorches, scattered on his left collar bone to his left shoulder. Dried bloods are everywhere visible, on his face, neck, and shoulder. Joon couldn't see underneath the sheet, but the white sheet's tainted red in several places.

The elder brought his hand to wipe the fresh blood from Mir's left temple with his sleeve, carefully not press too hard the big purple bruise on his cheekbone. Mir shrunk away under his touch, shuddered and hugged himself tighter, but Joon didn't withdraw his hand. "Sweetheart," he cooed softly. "It's me. Don't be scare, it's Joon."

Hearing the word 'Joon' brought life back into Mir. He blinked and fixed his gaze on Joon. Tears immediately brim his eyes. Mir reached out his hand to Joon. "Joon," he breathed shakily.

"Yes, yes I'm here," Joon whispered back, held Mir's hand with his; very light as he scared he will hurt Mir. Every inched of Mir's left hand patterned with bruises. "Oh God, Mir."

Mir cried silently, let his eyes both closed and held onto Joon tightly. He didn't care all his body protested in pain. Mir held tight, didn't want to let go. Joon is all that important; Mir knew he'll be alright with him. Joon restrained himself to touch Mir, after he examined that there's nowhere unhurt. Tears fell down from his eyes. Mir looked very weak and exhausted, he could faint any minute.

"Bring me out of here," Mir pled. "Please, Joon, please let me out of here."

"I will," Joon promised him. "I will, love. It's okay. I'm going to carry you now, okay?"

The younger nodded and cried even harder. Joon carefully wrapped arms around Mir's frail body and lifted him up. Every move made Mir hissed and clenched his teeth. The elder carried him carefully, but every touched still hurt. Mir gripped on Joon's shirt so hard that his knuckle turned white, to keep his conscious.

"Just rest Mireu, it's alright. We will be alright."

The pain’s also throbbing on Joon's shoulder. He could feel blood started oozing out from the stitches Jay did. Joon held Mir like a baby, too worried over him that the pain in his self didn't mean anything. And though with all the careful and tenderness, Mir’s still stiff in his embrace. Joon planted a light kiss on his forehead, tried to soothe him.

"Don't leave me here," Mir whispered, searched for Joon's eyes.

"I won't."

Joon walked quietly to the door, opened the door hardly with one hand while the other arm busied to steady Mir. He scanned the room, tried to find phone, something, and anything that could help them to get out from here. He didn't sure he'll find the front door unlocked, like he did earlier. From the rough judgment he made with the little information he knew, there are only three people including Hyuna. Now there're two. Therefore none will guard the front door, since they didn't even bother to lock Joon up. They must have thought that both Joon and Mir are too weak to escape.

But if there's no one guard the door, Joon didn't see any way to escape. Mir's too weak to climb the gate, if it necessary. He can't really support Mir too, with the wound on his shoulder. Furthermore, they are in the middle of nowhere. Joon can't think a plan to save them both, but he won't stay here without trying to save Mir. No matter what, Mir should be safe.

 

 

 

 

Written By: Honey June


Ugh.... uhmmm hello?

I'm sorry, really really sorry for abandon this.

It's been forever I know. Sorry all.

The last term exam is begin, i can't find time to write. I almost faint with the amount of task i should do to pass the exam.

Please give me a week. After 3rd June I promise I'll regularly update and end the story.

Please be patient everyone, Love u all