Epilogue

Unspoken Words

Mir opened his eyes and faced with the white ceiling. He looked around him and all white. He realized a second later that he was in the hospital. It’s too quiet. The only thing he could hear is the dripped of his IV and the machine that beeping according to his heartbeat. Mir watched around and found out he’s alone.

Panic rushed in him. He felt trap and can’t breathe normally even with the help of oxygen mask. The machine started beep frantic and Mir finally felt the pain that hit his body. Not long after nurse hurriedly came to him. Tears slipped down his face. The nurse softly assured him, inject a painkiller through his IV.

“You’ll be alright, Mir-ssi,” she said and watched as Mir finally calmed down and his eyes started to drop.

“Joon,” he let out a faint sound, tried to ask the nurse about the older.

He heard the nurse answered but he fell into the embrace of unconscious before he could understand the answer.

Mir fell into semi-unconscious. He could heard some muffled voice but it came from a far. He can’t comprehend what all the noise about. He felt like he’s floating on a calm sea. Everything went dull. He can’t feel pain, he can’t hear, he can’t see. It’s actually comforting than the sorrow and painful nightmare he faced before.

He intended to stay there, to finally worry over nothing. No pain, no fear, it’s just nothing. He’s more than willing to stay. He let himself floated calmly and was about to drown himself even more when the ruckus started again. He flinched. Can’t they leave him alone for a while? He wanted to rest.

The voice became louder and someone called his name. Mir frown. He knew the voice, all of his body longing to hear that voice. Another voice heard and Mir started to be pulled out. Who is it? Someone pled him. Someone… he knew this one. Mir torn between floated and drown. The voice pulled him up but the dull he felt pressed him down.

The higher he stayed, the pain rushed back. He could felt his fingers jerked. All the pain ripped his body. He can’t, he can’t face it again. He wanted to drown himself. He wanted the numb feels to go back, but the voice keeps urge him to wake up. It’s ridiculous, he’s not asleep, or is he?

Another called and Mir was jerked away then thrown into conscious. He opened his eyes and greeted with the same white ceiling. He let out a small grunt. He can’t move his body. It’s aching and he can’t decide which one is the most painful.

The ruckus heard again and Mir weakly turned his head. He watched in widened eyes Joon wrestled both Seungho and Byunghee right in front of the opened door. There’s nurse, his sister, and Sanghyun, watched them not too far away. Seungho and Byunghee struggled to pry Joon away.

“Let me go,” Joon hissed, loud enough for Mir to hear.

“You stubborn, you just get your shoulder stitched,” Byunghee nagged at Joon, held him down by wrapped his arms around Joon’s waist. “You need to rest, sleep, don’t you understand?” he panted.

Seungho held the model’s hand. “Joon, Mir is resting. You can see him once he’s awake.”

“I need to be next to him,” Joon growled dangerously, shoved Byunghee away.

“Ya!” Byunghee let out a protest. Seungho prevented his boyfriend from fell down. The eldest more than willing to pin Joon down to the floor right now but the younger just healing from his wound. He just became irrational.

“Joon, Mir still need to rest,” Seungho said, still hold him up. “You need it too. See, Mir awakes twice before and he’s panic. He’s terrified and need to quickly put down to sleep. He can’t meet you right now Joon, he’ll be afraid.”

“Don’t you get it? That’s why I need to stay near him. I promised I won’t let him suffer alone,” Joon said. “I will keep my promise, no matter what. Get off my way.”

Mir cringed to hear the threatening voice and uncharacteristic violent in his eyes. The younger looked at his sister and Sanghyun, why don’t they try to interfere? Either Seungho or Joon will be hurt if this going on.

Seungho stiffened when he heard those impolite words. Just when Mir believe there will be a fight, he let out a small whine. “Joon.”

His voice was barely a whisper but that’s enough to make Joon stopped struggling and looked at him. Mir weakly reached his hand to the raven haired. Mir even not fully reached his hand yet when Joon already skipped to his side.

“Mir,” he called, held the extended hand on his own. “Baby, how are you feeling?”

 Mir heard noises that the rest made, but it’s not important. “It’s hurt everywhere,” he whined and coughed.

Joon patted Mir’s cheek delicately. “It will be alright. It’s okay, I’m here now.”

The youngest gripped Joon’s hand harder, but realized Joon got his hand bandaged. He checked Joon and tears brimmed his eyes when he saw how messy Joon looked. The raven hair got a bandaged all over his shoulder, on his left cheek, and on his forehead as well. His side lips bruised in purple and scratched. Joon thought Mir cried over the pain he felt, quickly turned his head and called the nurse.

Mir shook his head slightly, but Joon can’t think of another thing except to calm him. “Shh, the pain will be gone soon.”

The nurse checked Mir’s IV and adjusted the scroll, made every drop faster. “He should be fine now,” the nurse said. “The sedative will slowly entered his body.”

Joon nodded and thanked her. When she went away, Joon placed his arm at the pillow next to Mir’s head and caressed his forehead slowly. “Try to get some rest, Mir. I won’t go anywhere. You’re safe here.”

Once again Mir shook his head, earned a confused look from the latter. “You,” Mir whispered in raspy voice. “You need to rest,” he said finally.

“I won’t leave you,” Joon disagree.

Byunghee was right, Joon is stubborn. “Then sleep here,” Mir mumbled, closed his eyes again. He scooted over so slowly, giving Joon some space on his bed.

The raven haired looked at him confused. Just earlier Seungho said that the youngest still can’t forget his trauma but his tight grip on Joon’s hand said otherwise. Joon’s still in the middle of deciding when they heard a clearing throat sound at the back,

“You heard the youngest, just lay there,” Byunghee nagged. “Geez, why should I wrestled you then?”

Seungho and the rest chuckled. “Noona?” Mir called sleepily.

Eunah with the rest came closer to the bed, but not to close. Joon lied next to Mir and the youngest rested his head on Joon’s health shoulder. “I’m so sorry for causing a lot of troubles.”

His sister shook her head and cried a silent tears. “It’s okay, baby,” she said between her sobs. Sanghyun and Byunghee immediately cheered her up. “We are going to be fine now.”

Mir nodded slowly, can’t be more agree than that. “Hyung?” he called and yawned. “Thank you for all and all.”

***

“I’m glad you both okay,” Dr. Kim said with relief.

Joon smiled at her. He hated to wake up and left Mir, but he must to. He needed to ask her about Mir’s condition now that the younger awake.

“So how’s Mir?”

“He still under the sedative and he’s calm,” Joon said doubtfully. He looked at the doctor that is waiting patiently for him to continue. “He told me he remembered about us.”

Dr. Kim raised her eyebrow before smiled widely. “That’s a good news. It means Mir’s ready to accept himself now. From now onwards, he will be able to take control over his life.”

“He- Seungho hyung said he’s awaken twice, and he’s panic. He still scares when someone too close to him. But-“ Joon said with eyes that looked far away. “But he holds me. He wants me to stay near him.”

The doctor silent for a while, made Joon waited in anxiousness. When the doctor finally answered, she sounded really sure. “It’s a rare case, but not the only one. Sometimes there’s an exception. When you stay beside him under the most fearsome moment in Mir’s life, you proven that you are trustworthy. You tell him that he can depend on you, that you won’t leave him alone. He knows by heart that you won’t harm him in any way and it’s safe with you.”

“Humans are complex, Joon. Many of us have a difference between heart and mind. Not everyone even notice the difference. Mir is also the same. His mind refused to trust any other men, but his heart told him he can trust you. He has a fight inside of him, but heart always stronger.”

Dr. Kim smiled softly toward the model in front of him. “It’s the progress that I don’t even expect. You’ve helped him and you did it perfectly.”

Joon looked at the woman that smiled so proud at him. She then led Joon to the front door of their meeting room, knowing the model doesn’t want to leave Mir for a long time. “From now on, the kidnapping event might affect Mir in many ways. It will make him insecure and vulnerable even more, but it will be alright. Just stay with him, it will help him greatly. Come to my office whenever you both ready.”

With the last conversation Joon walked back to Mir’s room, ignored his own room. He opened the door and saw the room is crowded. A lot of Mir’s friends come; Key, Nicole, Jinwoon, Jaejin, Seunghyun. All surrounded the bed, noisily asked him questions. They didn’t stand too close thought. Joon could sense the younger’s uneasiness. Mir tensed his shoulders slightly and there’s a stiff expression on his face. Joon slowly closed the door behind him.

By the time he heard the clicked sound, Mir turned his head toward his direction. Joon enchanted to see the younger exhaled in relief and pled him to come with his eyes. The younger once again reached out his hand, which Joon held right after. Joon stayed with him until the visiting hour end and all his friends forced to go home.

Once there’s only them alone in the room, Mir able to breathe lightly. “Are you alright?” Joon asked him. He nodded and smiled a small smile that sent Joon’s heart on a cloud nine. Joon beamed his own smile and retrieved a bouquet that Key brought earlier. He placed the flowers into a vase and watered it.

“Joonie?”

“Yeah?” he asked, placed the vase on the side table next to the bed.

“What happened to them?”

Joon looked at the big eyes and sighed. He took a seat on the edge of the bed, Mir’s hair softly. “Police arrested Min and together with Xin, they will be prisoned for years.”

He combed the copper hair while looking right through the round orbs. “Hyuna and Jay were dead. The house’s burnt down.”

Mir averted his eyes away. Joon knew he tried to suppress his emotion. It clenched his heart. His kind love, always so caring and gentle. “He helps us,” Mir said slowly. “I don’t even know his name until now.”

Joon caressed his cheek, earned the younger’s attention back on him. “We can visit them, once you get out from hospital.”

The younger nodded. He placed his hand on top of Joon’s hand that caressing him. “It’s really over, isn’t it?” Mir murmured, softly asked for assuring.

“It is,” Joon replied and by the time he said that, he intend to keep it true, with all his might. “You don’t have to be worry. I’ll always be with you.”

Another strong emotion swirled into Mir, choked him with the intensity. It’s raw, burning, warm him from the inside. He knows it. The familiar feeling that makes his heart skip beat, tumble his stomach, heats his cheeks. The feeling he used to feel whenever Jon’s around. He could grasp the feeling, put his fingers on it, but he can’t name the feeling. Not yet.

Mir could only nodded. Joon gave him another captivating smile. He leaned in to kiss Mir’s forehead and whispered those unspoken words he long to say for a long time. “I love you.”

Soon, Mir thought when he closed his eyes to adsorb the heat. He’ll learn to name the feeling soon.

 

 

-end-

 

 

 

Written By : Honey June

 

 

 


 

Well guys.... this is the end of our journey

ah, it's double updates, but you all know that, right?

I'm happy that i could end this, although i don't have confident at the beginning. it's all of course because all of your supportive comments.

so, I'm thanking all of you who read this and stay with me until the very end.

ugh, i never good with farewell, but who care, we'll meet again soon

also, because this is the last time, i'll shamelessly promote my upcoming project. My birthday is June, and i plan to make a parade of one shot. All of my beloved couple will be there; JongKi, Hanchul, Jongkey, SeungJae, and of course my dearest JoonMir. My beloved sister Hongmir will be join me. Have you all known her? Please look at the project prettily too.

see you guys.....^^

with love,

Honey J.