Chapter 4

Unspoken Words

With the lamp near his desk turn on, he flipped the report over again, immersing every detail, every component that’s written. He doesn’t going to ruin this. He typed other keywords to his laptop, trying the different approach, surfing every corner of the cases that similar with this case. He searches the same cases within two years, than eliminate them by region and times. He tracked down every criminals who are just get imprisoned after did some , he search some delinquents that have some problem with alcohol and drugs.

He studied Mir's medical report once again. It's a good thing that those bastards left some of their inside Mir, so the doctor could run a DNA test. They are two, possibly more, but the DNA test only could give him two. He closed his eyes when the image of his sweet friend being and abused by two or more hitting his mind. He imagined Mir there, lying helplessly on the wet ground, unconscious. He shook his head, trying to gather his focus again. He made a mental note to visit the crime scene again tomorrow, look for something he probably misses.

He wanted all the evidence that he could gather, and he will gather all. He'll make sure those bastard won't be able to feel the sunshine again. He'll death lock their cells and they could die there. None of them will wander freely after laid a hand on Mir. Therefore he urged detectives and police officers to work harder, he won't miss any single thing, and he won't lose the case.

Unfortunately he needs more, lots more than the medical report. He needs witness and he needs some evidence that belong to those rapists on the scene. Of course, Mir comes out as the victim will be an ultimate weapon, as the younger certainly saw their face, but he wants to keep Mir away from them. He doesn't want Mir to suffer from seeing them ever again. Being is hard enough and the younger barely survive. Mir isn't stable right now and it torn his heart apart to see the younger that way. He know some good psychologist to heal a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic, he recommended them all to both Eunah and Joon, but they all agreed that Mir needs to ready for having such session with the psychologist.

He sighted for nth times. As the result for read the report and surfed into the national secret law and criminal web for more than three hours, his head feels like it near to rip apart from his neck and his eyes becomes cloudy.

Suddenly the door clicked opens and reveals a handsome brunette hair looking for him. “Isn’t it times for bed-” He asked while entering the room, stopped right in front of the wooden work desk and bended down to plant a soft kiss on the yellow hair’s forehead. “Prosecutor Yang?” he added, called the slightly older man affectionately.

Yang Seungho closed his eyes, leaned into the touch of warm hand the younger placed on his side face. He feels the warm breath hits his face and he feels better.

“I need to finish this soon,” he said tiredly, rubbing his eyes which now had the thick dark circles below. “Just a little more,” he started to flip the report again.

“No, there’s no little more for today,” the brunette scolded him. It’s really a rare sight that someone dares to scold the prosecutor. “It’s 3 in the morning.”

As if it explains the whole thing, the younger closed the reports and gather all the paper into pile. He save the file and turn off the PC after make sure nothing will lose. The way Seungho just sitting there and does nothing to defense told the younger how tired the prosecutor.

He guided Seungho to stand up and go to their room. He laid him on the bed and pulls the comforter up to his shoulders.

“Just an hour,” Seungho told his lover although his eyes flutter shut. The brunette nodded and turned off the lamp. Seungho drifted off to unconsciousness right after.

***

“I want to take a break.”

Rain looked into the young man in front o him with is eagle eyes. He collide his own fingers together and placed it on the big wooden table which separated them. Everyone said it was his signature pose whenever he wants to threaten someone, but the person in front of him doesn’t waver at all. Think about it, maybe that’s the reason why he likes the younger much.

“Of course,” he said, easily complied which surprised the younger bit. “You’re having a hard time,” Rain continued as if he can reads the younger’s mind.

He waited for the younger to respond but none is coming so he continues. “How long?” he pushed.

“I don’t know,” Joon answered honestly, looking directly into Rain’s eyes. “Until everything is getting better and finally under control.”  By the time he said it, Rain could see some sparks off in his eyes. He won’t voice it to anyone, but the sight is making him worried.

Rain thought about it and finally nodded. “Alright, I can’t promise you anything but I’ll see what I can do.”

“Sounds fair,” Joon voiced. He was about to excuse himself when Rain questioning.

“How’s Mir?”

The mention of the youngest name brought a smile on Joon’s lips although Rain could see it’s a different smile. This one is sad. “He’s try hard to get better,” Joon’s replied.

Rain nodded, feels the answer doesn’t quite satisfied him but anyway, it’s not really his placed to into his junior’s private life. “I’ll pay some visit next time.”

It’s Joon turn to nod. He knows the soft spot Rain has for Mir. Mir is just simply loveable. “Thank you,” he said before take his leave.

Meanwhile Mir is just finished his meals, not to mention he threw up almost everything right after he finished. However he took the bowl and get outside his room, quite proud of himself for dare to swallow. He placed the bowl into the sink before looking for his sister. He feels uncertain whenever he was alone in an open room. He feels like someone is watching for him, waiting to... He shook his head, not allow himself to go back to that night.

"I can't leave him," he heard his sister whispered angrily. Mir slowly walked to where the sound comes. He found her not long after, standing near the couch with hand on her waist, a pose she always do whenever she is irritated. She's talking on her phone that explained why Mir only heard her voice. Mir doesn't want to be impolite by eavesdropping her sister's business, but Eunah gets irritated is not usual sight.

“I said I won’t,” she hissed and stomped his foot angrily. If only she could raising her tone. “And he has name, name that you choose for him.”

Mir tilted his head. He had a feeling that she was talking about him. Who is over the phone? He questioning. His indirect question is answered soon after. “He’s your son, how can you say that?”

At that time, Mir regrets that he ever listened to the conversation. Of course he knows how ashamed their parents of him, but hears about it still hurts, even after almost a year passed. He can't use of being kicked off the family that he loves so much. His thought got cut off when his sister talks again.

“If you don’t care about what happened with Mireu then I care. I won’t go, mom, just celebrate without me,” she said stubbornly and ended the connection.

She sighed before turned around and saw Mir’s standing behind her. Her hand automatically grasped her chest where her heart belongs and her eyes widen in shock. “Gosh, you scare me,” she said half scolded, half joking. In fact she's quite scare that Mir had been there for awhile and listened through her conversation, but the look on Mir's expression explained it all.

“Nunna,” Mir called ever so softly. “You need to go somewhere?”

Eunah smiled softly toward her only brother. How she wish she could engulf him in bear hug right now. “No, I’m not. I won’t go anywhere,” She said soothingly. Mir never tells anybody but Eunah knows his insecure. “You better already finish your meals or I’ll shove it down your throat,” she threatened, trying to drift Mir’s attention away from the conversation he just overheard.

Mir bit his lips, looks over thinking. “It’s okay if you want to go nunna,” he said finally which makes Eunah taken aback. “Its family thing isn’t it? You need to go.” He offered her a smile, a frail one that tugging Eunah's heart.

“I don’t want to go,” Eunah voiced lightly. “It feels good to skip sometimes.”

No matter how natural she said that, Mir can’t be deceived. “I’ll be alright,” he said, knowing he is the main reason his sister can’t go. “I’m not totally helpless you know.”

She looked at her brother who is standing in front of him with a determined expression. Though she still can see the fear that lurked in his eyes, she knows what he implied. “Of course you are not.” She smiled softly. “Then I’ll go. Unnie invites her boyfriend in dinner,” she informed the younger.

Mir just nodded. It tears his heart apart not able to take part in the family’s event. He even doesn’t have any clue about his elder sister’s boyfriend. He hopes he could congratulate her and meet them someday. Just as the hope rise in his chest, it’s crumpled right after.

Oh, right. Who would like to look at me without pity, or disgusted.

“So is it better alone or with Joon?”

Mir snapped from his thought by the question. Eunah looked at him with an understanding. Mir looked back at her without utter any word. His eyes show how uncertain he is. He can’t decide. He hated being alone, it makes him uneasy and insecure. On the other hand, being only with Joon doesn’t better. He’s afraid of him, and it makes him uneasy and insecure more.

“So it’s with Joon,” Eunah decided when Mir doesn’t answer yet. “I’ll call him.”

She watched when Mir doesn’t really protest about it. Mir just stays there passively. She can’t pinpoint what inside her brother’s mind, but she knows how he’s afraid of Joon. “You recognized him, don’t you?” Again, the question startled Mir. “In your heart, you know that he won’t hurt you,” she said softly.

When Mir doesn’t answer, Eunah leaves him, give him some time to organize his mind.

Time flew so fast when you don't want it. Mir now understands what those lines mean. Suddenly its noon and Eunah is ready to go to family dinner. She'd called Joon earlier and Joon will be here at anytime soon. He doesn't know whether he should scream in panic or relief. The air around him starts to feel heavy and he tried to slowly control his breath. He's nothing near ready when there's a soft knock on the front door.

Eunah opened the door for him. Mir just could bring himself to stay on his bed, in his room which is open. It's quite a struggle, to still on the bed and remind calm. He could feel his eyes on him, which really make him anxious.

Breathe Mir, breath. It's okay. Not scared. I'm not scared. He rewinds those mantras over again in his head. It helps him to keep calm and he even managed to plaster a little smile when his sister waving him goodbye and blow him a kiss. And here they are, in the death silence that makes Mir doesn't know what to do. By the corner of his eyes, he saw Joon's approaching. He's preparing himself, but Joon doesn't enter his room. He just stays right in front of the open door.

"Hi there," Joon greeted him, sound so cheerful and light.

The sound allured Mir to lift his head and meet gaze with Joon. Joon smiled ever so softly at him, making himself comfortable by resting his back on the wall nearby. Soon enough Mir averted his gaze away, but Joon didn't mind. "I bring some Chinese dumplings. You said you wanna eat it."

Mir unconsciously tilted his head. He doesn't remember said he wants any dumpling. It makes Joon chuckled. He knows Mir probably doesn't remember, but he said that days ago, before the tragedy happened. When Joon on his way to come, he spotted Mir favorite Chinese restaurant, then the thought out of nowhere filled his mind. The next thing he knows he already parked his car in front of the restaurant.

Who knows he’ll eat it on certainly different condition.

"Eat them when you hungry later," Joon told him. Mir nodded which brought another smile to Joon's lips.

After spend a sleepless night yesterday, Joon decided he won't try to make everything back to their way before. He won't force anything or anyone to come back like the old way. The past, even beautiful, is still just a past. It's now that the most important. Joon decided just to accept it if Mir wants to bury his old memory and replaced them. He too, will do the same if he's faced with the same situation.

"Are you that scared to talk to me?" he asked when Mir kept averting his eyes away. The question brought Mir's eyes back on him and an immediate shook head. "It's okay. You can show what you really feel. Don't keep it from me," Joon sounded so soft, like a night's serenade.

"When Cheondoong or Key talks to you over the phone, are you still scare?"

Mir thought about it for a while and realized he wasn't. "No," he answered.

Joon looks like he was in the deep thought. Silence fell between them again. Mir waited for him to say something, knowing that Joon should have something to say. "Then if you talk to me without seeing me or feel my presence, will it be okay? Will you still scare?" he finally voiced his mind. He lifted up to keep an eye contact with Mir. When Mir doesn't utter any word, he uncertainly continues. "If it's okay, can I call you? So I can talk to you that way. You can say anything you want to say or nothing at all if you don't have anything you want to say. Can it be that way?"

Joon’s watching while Mir made up his mind. He waited with anxious and nervous. That's probably the only way they could communicate without Mir being scare of him. A moment which felt like years passed before Mir slowly nodded his head. The rush of happiness washed over Joon, left him a warm and sweet feeling. He can't explain how happy he is. He feels like a schoolgirl who has a crush.

"Thank you," he whispered.

On that time, Mir could see the real happiness on the elder's face and he feels some strange warm filled him. He saw those orbs shining with bliss and he found it beautiful. He cringed when the sight is painfully familiar to him. He was going to say something but then the thunder strikes hard and the rain poured down, the sound of the rain hitting on the window startled both of them.

"It's going to pour hard, don't you think?" Joon said once while he looking through the window.

He expected to at least get a simple nod from the younger, that's why he drifted his eyes on the bed when Mir doesn't move an inch. He doesn't prepare for what he sees. He saw Mir bended his body into a ball, fist clutching on the bed's sheet until his knuckles turned white. He's in the middle of having panic attack. Joon lost. He doesn't understand what's going on here. Just a moment ago Mir was fine. He doesn't do anything that could trigger the panic attack, so what the hell is wrong?

Joon’s panicky looking at his surrounding, trying to figure what's going on. He's scared as hell when Mir sounded choked and shaking violently. He took one step forward but cursing in his mind when he realized it's the worst thing he could do now. He scanned the room once again and his gaze fell to the window. Like a puzzle, everything finally makes sense.

Without a moment of hesitation or even kick himself mentally, Joon crossed the room sprinting and pulled the curtain in one moved, hindered the rain from sight. "Mireu," he called reassuringly. "Mireu baby it's alright. You are safe here."

Joon literally scolded himself for being so dense, he can't believe he ever forget the most crucial thing. The moment he saw Mir's having panic attack, his mind just went blank, can't comprehend what's going on. He felt a pang of guilty in his chest when Mir trying hard to regain his composure. "Its okay, it's okay," he soothed. Joon talked so gently as if he talked to a little kid. "No one's going hurt you. You're safe."

He rewinds those lines over again until Mir finally heard him and breathes normally. He still maintained his grip on the sheet, feels humiliated and shame. He's tired of being afraid, tired of being so weak. He tired of being paralyze over fears. He hated of being helpless and continuously makes everybody worried about him. He hated the sensation of fear that run along his nerves and leaving a sickening feels that always choked him. His eyes are glistening with tears. This time, it's not tears that stand for fear and it's not tears for insecurity. Its tears for frustrate, for anger, dissatisfied.

"Don't cry." Mir lifted his gaze to meet with Joon's. Joon was taken aback when he saw those captivating eyes shine with something that he doesn't see for a long time; determination.

Mir lets out a shaky breath, but his voice came strong and steady. "I wanna see psychologist."

 

 

 

Written by : Honey June

 


Hello hello~

So how's holiday? good?

This chapter actually could be posted a week ago, but stupid internet block it. My laptop can't connect to the internet and I lost the chapter. I really pulled my hair hardly that time.

Anywaay, here it is!!! Show so much love though I'm agree that this one is quiet boring. Hey, it's for the plot develop in the future. Kekeke

Ah, for my curiosity, If Mireu happened to attend high school and there's guy who doesn't like him enough and might be bully him, who's that person might be?

Don't answer it's Joonie.

Oh right, another question, Who do you think the brunette hair that scolded prosecutor Yang?? Is it obvious? O.o

I'll reply all the comments by instant replies this time, considering the internet being a jerk. I won't lose this chapter twice.

See y again. ^^