►Couple Necklace

Love Connection

[Joon’s Point of View]

“Thank you for your hard work Joon!” My boss shouted as I was right outside the door of the night club. I bowed and had my backpack on my left shoulder. I had my phone in my hand while I was walking down the sidewalk on a damp Friday evening.

I looked to the side of the road where a crosswalk was lit. Cars were zooming by and it was pretty scary because you never know that there would be drunks driving. I made my way by the crosswalk, hitting the button on the pole. As I waited, I looked at my feet and something silver caught my eye. I looked up seeing that it was still red.

I bent down and picked up the shiny item. I took a closer look and saw that it was a necklace with a little rust on the chain. The necklace was holding a red heart that only had the left side of the heart. It had ‘사’ (sa) engraved in gold on it. I pursed my lips together and I looked directly ahead and it showed that I was able to walk. I quickly put the necklace in my jacket pocket and took big steps while walking to the other side.

Once I reached the other side I took it out again and inspected it. It seemed very accustomed to me. As I took off my backpack to put the necklace in the small pocket I saw another necklace on the ground. My, is it my lucky day to be collecting jewelry?

I bent down again picked it up and saw the other half of the heart from the other necklace. Engraved in gold was ‘랑’ (rang). 사랑 is love. I’m guessing this is a couple necklace but I swear…I’ve seen this someplace.

I put both necklaces in my bag and stood back up, walking back to the dorm. The dorm was rented by the oldest of my four friends Yang Seungho. We all had to get jobs so we can pay the rent.

Once I got home I saw everyone sleeping. I changed into something more comfortable and headed to the computer. Since the necklaces were very familiar I opened up the pictures folder. There were many folders inside it since the five of us share a computer.

I opened my folder and saw a folder titled: Jun Hyung & his girlfriend. You must be wondering why I have that folder. Well Jun Hyung wanted to borrow my camera so I accidentally uploaded them into my computer. I clicked on it and wanted to see the pictures he and I took. Jun Hyung moved to Busan a month ago because of some reason. I never really knew her name that well since I rarely met her.

As I was looking through the photos when the three of us were at Lotte World I saw a photo of a close up of Jun Hyung and his girlfriend showing the V sign. As I looked closely I saw a chain around Jun Hyung’s next. I clicked on the zoom button and the necklace was clearly shown on his neck. It had ‘랑’ imprinted! I quickly grabbed my bag and took out the two necklaces. I went back to my seat and looked at the necklace. It was a perfect match. I went to the other side to see his girlfriend’s necklace and it was also a perfect match!

The next morning I was taking a jog around the neighborhood with the youngest friend of mines, Bang Chulyong who is known as Mir. We never had a good friend relationship but we’re getting closer now. As we were jogging Mir stopped in front of a flower shop and went inside. “Yah, what are you doing?” I said as I followed him inside. Mir leaned himself on the counter of the spacious store, “Uncle~ Are you here?”

A middle aged man came out from the room with an apron and had gloves on with a flower pot in his hands, “Ah, Chulyong, what are you here for again?”

Mir smiled, “Can I have two water bottles?” The man laughed and put down the pot, “Sure. Hold on.” He was about to open the door to his office, but a female voice was heard, “Mr. Bang!~ Sorry I’m late!”

Our heads turned towards her and I was taken aback. It was Jun Hyung’s girlfriend! She looked very pretty. Her black wavy hair was brought down under her shoulders and she had a headband with a ribbon on. Her complexion was very flawless: she had smooth skin and she had dimples to complete it.

“It’s okay Hye Mi! You’re just in time,” Mr. Bang smiled. She slung off her backpack and grabbed the apron from the rack. I took out the necklaces that were in my pockets and I walked towards her, “Um…excuse me.”

“Yes?” The girl who is known as Hye Mi replied with a smile. “Are you—Jun Hyung’s girlfriend?” I asked. Her smile faded away and she walked right past me, purposely stepping on my shoes. I’m guessing she was so I ran in front of her, putting the two necklaces in front of her face.

slightly opened and I heard a gulp from her. She kneeled down and covered her face with her hands. “What did you do hyung?” Mir whispered as he was about to walk towards us. I kneeled down and patted her back, “You had these necklaces placed by the crosswalk in front of a night club. Maybe—I shouldn’t return it.”

Hye Mi wiped her eyes and looked at me, “I remember you…you’re Jun Hyung’s friend, right?” I nodded and she took out her hand a little, “Cho Hye Mi…Jun Hyung’s—ex girlfriend.”

Ex-girlfriend?!

I shook her hand, “Lee Changsun, also known as Joon. Jun Hyung’s hyung.” Hye Mi took a deep breath to get herself back together and I just needed to know this answer, “What happened between you and Jun Hyung?”

Hye Mi stood up, “Let’s sit down…” I stood up and we sat down on a table. “So—you really want to know the story?” She asked. Mir and Mr. Bang sat beside me as I was sitting across of Hye Mi. The three of us nodded and she took a deep breath, clasping her hands together, “It went something like this…”

Her story begun and it was time for a flashback…on how it all started to how it all ended.

[End Joon’s Point of View]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Hope that was a good first chapter^^; Technically I was going to put it on AsianFanfics as well,but I'll wait for a little while.

〓{ clumsychild ; signingout
〓7:55AM [August 20,2010]
〓Lucifer - SHINee