Tragedy

It Started With Cherry Blossoms

Minyoung's POV

Before lunch, I wanted to tell everything to Hana, but she was home, sick. Unfortunately. I walked to my locker, putting books away and grabbing my lunch. But someone closed my locker and locked me in between their arms. I turned, in annoyance, to confront the person; however, I turned to meet the face of Luhan...inches away from mine.

-

We stared deep into each other's eyes, speechless. His eyes were of sincerity and care. My heart started beating faster. It pounded violently; I was a afraid it was going to burst. I couldn't help but ponder, "Am I falling for Luhan?" We stood there, in what felt like an eternity.

"YAH! Luhan!" Sehun. "What are you doing with my best friend?!"

We pulled away from each other. I ran the opposite direction.

Sehun's POV

I walked to lunch to meet my girlfriend, but to see a mass of students near the lockers. In the middle? Luhan and Minnie. Practically kissing. WHAT IS LUHAN DOING?! ert.

"YAH! Luhan! What are you doing with my best friend?!"

They pulled away from each other. Minnie's face went pale. She ran the opposite direction.

I glared at Luhan. I pushed him against the lockers in anger. "Don't think about touching her again. Did you see her face? She was pale-faced. I don't want my best friend to get hurt or anything of that sort."

"You know what?! Maybe she's already hurt. Have you noticed the hurt in her eyes? Do you think that her actions may deal with the hurt in her heart? As her so-called 'best friend', don't you think you should act like one?!" Luhan turned and left me standing speechless. I didn't know what to do. Hurt? Minnie has been hurt all this time? How come she never told me?

Luhan's POV

I turned in anger. "He really thinks he knows everything, doesn't he? Pfft. Why did I even become friends with him in the first place?"

I sound harsh. I know. But Sehun's blind actions just really anger me. I haven't found the precise reason, but I know I just have to protect Minyoung. It's just a feeling, you know? I just don't agree seeing MInyoung's hurt. Because of that, I'll be her shield when arrows are shot at her. I'll be her sword, when she needs to fight through the hardships. Most importantly, I'll be her armor to protect her heart from the pain.

Minyoung's POV

After sprinting through the halls and to the rooftop, I finally sat down to catch some air. I slid down onto the concrete. I couldn't take it anymore. Everytime he's there, I wanted to crawl into a corner and hide from his blind eyes. The pain adds up. Day by day. It's ironic how I worry something so pitiful like love, isn't it? I should be focused on school. But...it's more than impossible to forget about my best friend and crush. He probably will never know. I slowly stood. My legs were numb and my hands were shaking. My breathing became shorter and shorter. My vision became blurry. I need Hana. Wait. No. That's right. She's home. Sick? Yes. Sick. Who else can I call? Sehu--No. I need someon---

Luhan's POV

I ran outside to look for Minyoung. She must've went to get some air, somewhere.

"MInyoung! Youngie! Minyoung-ah!" I yelled in search. She wasn't in the lunch room. Maybe she's outside. Nope. Is she at the library? Not a soul there. Wait..I halted in my steps. She must be at the rooftop. I ran. I wanted to comfort her before her tears began to fall. I ran as fast as I could. I hit my ankle against the railing several times, but that didn't matter. I got to the rooftop searching for her. "Minyoung-ah! Where are you?" I walked around, until I stumbled on a slender figure lying on the concrete. Motionless. Minyoung.

I ran to her side in panic. "Young-ah. MInyoung! Are you okay?? MInyoung!" I shook her multiple times. I picked her up and carried her bridal style down the halls. I brought her to the nurse who immediately called the ambulance. She has to be okay.

Once we were in the ambulance car, a sat by her side. I took her hand into mine. "Youngie, you have to be okay. You have to." Her tears began to roll down her face. Seeing her cry shattered my heart.

After arriving at the hospital, the doctors took her in and left me waiting outside. I sat worrying what could happen in the emergency room. I was scared of what could happen to her. I sound like I've known her for years. Yeah. I wish. But it's only been a couple of days. What if she's badly hurt? What if she has concussion? Did she fall on concrete?

"Sir," a nurse suddenly approached me, "would you like me to wrap up your ankle?" What's she talking about? I looked down to see my ankle bruised and bleeding. How did I not notice that?

"Ah, yes please," I replied. I needed to be healthy and okay before I protect someone else.

-

I walked back to the waiting room, just as the doctor came out.

"Doctor. Is she okay? Is she hurt anywhere? Does she need surgery?"

"Yes, she is okay, but she had a shortage of breathing and a level 2 migraine. Otherwise, she is okay. We've given her some sirum and medicine. But you must watch her and make sure she gets lots of rest later on and doesn't think too much."

"Thank you doctor. Thank you so much." I shook the doctor's hand and ran to Minyoung.

Walking into the room, I saw a peacefully sleeping beauty. Not wanting to disturb her, I sat down quietly. I looked around the room and saw the food on the bedside table. It didn't look too appetizing for a patient.

"Minyoung-ah," I whispered, "I'm going to get you some rice porridge."

I turned to walk out, but her hand grabbed onto mine. She whispered, "Stay."

-

A/N: Which OTP do you prefer? LuYoung or MinHun? Comment below!

Please remember to subscribe, comment, and upvote!

Follow me on instagram; @exoshigram