I Only Fell Harder

It Started With Cherry Blossoms

"C'mon...I'll walk you to your next class," I shook my head no. I need to get a day off.

"I'll see him. I'll see him again. I might break down. I don't want to feel the pain again."

"Then let's skip." He grabbed my wrist and we left.
-

Minyoung's POV

I followed him through the halls, panting. The other students around me gasped and glanced. I didn't care. I just need to breathe and get away from him. But that seems impossible. I only ran into him, again.

"Minnie? Luhan? Minnie, why are you crying? Who did this? I'll have a talk with them. Luhan--?" Sehun asked.

"She's not feeling well so I'm taking her home, because I live near her," Luhan replied. Sehun nodded and let us go. It only made me fall harder for Sehun. His caring questions made my heart beat faster. He cares.

Luhan brought me to the Han River. We both sat down on a bench and stared at the river. Luhan broke the silence.

"Who made you cry?" Luhan asked.

"Him. Sehun. My best friend. Well..ex- b-b-bestf-friend." Tears began to fall again. Luhan immediately wrapped his arms around me, closing the gap between us, and hugged me. His embrace was warm, caring, and loving. Once I stopped crying, Luhan took me to a bubble tea cafe; he let me recover and tell him the whole story. It may have only been the first half-day of school, but I think I already made another best friend.

"Lulu, you're so cute!" I pinched Luhan's cheeks as he walked me home.

"I'm not just cute! I'm manly too!!" He said, pouting. Yeah. "Manly." Luhan walked me to my house. We laughed, joked, and learned new things about each other. Luhan was actually a transfer student from China. I was suprised by this, especially because of his fluent Korean. We become very close; it felt as if we were siblings. It was a comforting feeling. We continued to laugh until we were met with an angry Sehun in front of my house.

"LUHAN. I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WERE TAKING HER HOME."

"I did. But she wanted to get outside and get some fresh air," Luhan said. Luhan stood in front of me, knowing I didn't want to make eye-contact. "Youngie has to go now." Luhan hugged me and kissed my forehead. My eyes went wide.

"B-b-bye Luhan," I waved and rushed inside my house. 

Sehun's POV

"Youngie has to go now," said Luhan in a matter-of-fact tone. What's wrong with him today? Besides, her nickname is Minnie, not 'Youngie.' Luhan, then turned to Minnie; he hugged her and kissed her forehead. Maybe they're a new couple, but why are her eyes wide? Minnie rushed into her house, while I stood there, looking like an idiot. My arms were wide for her to hug me, but she just walked past me. My heart sank. My best friend ignored me, but hugged a guy she only knew for a day.

-

Minyoung's POV 

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. What just happened? He really kissed my forehead, didn't he? It's only been several hours since we met. Did things really escalate that quickly? Countless numbers of questions buzzed in my head, until my phone violently rang.

Oh Sehun.

I hesitated, but I picked-up anyways.

"Hey Minnie!" Sehun exclaimed.

"..."

"Minnie?"

Tears.

"Choi Minyoung."

I ended the call. I still can't take it. I can't be bold. He already has a girlfriend. I shouldn't interfere with their relationship.

Later on, umma (mom) came in with a tray of food, but it was left untouched. I just slept until I could see the light through my windows.

-

"Minyoung! Someone's here to see you!" Really? This early? Before school? I tie my hair into a neat ponytail and run down the stairs. I walk into the living room to see the guest. It was Luhan.

"LUHAN?!" I nearly screamed, "What on earth are you doing here?!"

"To pick you up. We have school and I figured you need a ride, instead of going on a bus all the time."

"Aish. Pabo (stupid/idiot). My umma might think you're my boyfriend!!" I pouted.

"I don't mind," he smirked. My cheeks instantly became red, as the picture of yesterday's kiss-on-the-forehead went through my mind.

"Ugh. Whatever. Let's go already," I said, wanting to change the subject.

-

The drive to school was suprisingly not awkward nor quiet. We talked on and on as if we've known each other for years.

"Lulu, I forgot to get breakfast. Will you buy me something? Please~~!" I pouted.

"Since my best friend is so cute...fine!" Luhan drove to a breakfast cafe and bought extremely delicious boazi (steamed buns). I ate the boazi in literally five minutes.

"You're such a fattie!!" exclaimed Luhan.

"Gosh! Don't judge! I already told you I was hungry!!" I punched him in the arm.

"OUCH!" yelled Luhan. I laughed, histarically, holding my stomach.

The door of the breakfast cafe opened with a jingle. Guess who walked in with his girlfriend? Yup. You guessed it. I can never go somewhere and not run into Sehun. He started walking towards me, hand in hand with his girlfriend, but Luhan put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me out. My cheeks were definitely red. We drove to school in silence. Although, we kept taking glances at each other.

I never noticed how handsome Luhan was...

Luhan's POV
 

I never noticed how beautiful she was...

-

Minyoung's POV

Before lunch, I wanted to tell everything to Hana, but she was home, sick. Unfortunately. I walked to my locker, putting books away and grabbing my lunch. But someone closed my locker and locked me in between their arms. I turned, in annoyance, to confront the person; however, I turned to meet the face of Luhan...inches away from mine.

-

A/N: Long update! Should Minyoung be paired with Luhan or Sehun! Tell me what you think! Please comment and subscribe!