Chapter 02: The Offer

Solitarius Love

I opened my eyes slightly to the sound of a beeping. “My ramen,” I called out squeezing my eyes and opening them again to see more clearly. “Hello Miss Bok how are you feeling?” asked a man’s voice beside me. “What,” I managed feeling a small, but sharp pain on my lower jaw. “Don’t try to talk too much wait for it to heal for about another day.” He instructed to me. I just nodded to the doctor. He was quiet handsome with a round face and little cheeks you just want to squeeze type. He had short brown hair and obviously, doctor’s coat on. He wore dark boxed lens glasses slowly placing them on a more comfortable spot on his nose while he examines my papers I’m guessing. “So, it appears that you were trying to…um…” He stuttered. “Commit suicide.” I finished for him. “Ah, yes Suicide.” He whispered quietly even though I still heard. He took out a little flashlight from his pocket and sat down on a nearby chair. “Will you sit up for me please?” I looked at him for a while, but obeyed. I sat up but very slouchy. He turned the flashlight on examining my pupils. I felt a bit uncomfortable while the man studied my face…closely. It made my heart beat in a faster pace than usual. I never had a man this close to me before. He turned the flashlight off and got up from his chair keeping me from my thoughts. “I am going to check your heart beat now.” He informed taking off his stethoscope from around his neck. I suddenly began to panic inside. Would he find out that my heartbeat is going at a faster rate because of him? He slowly went under my medical gown and pressed it against my chest. I felt the cold metal touch my skin as he did his job checking my pulse. “It’s awfully high,” He began. “Do you have fever?” He asked putting a hand to my forehead. “No,” He looked at a bit confused on what it could be, but I already knew the answer. “No, it’s nothing. It’s just…hot in here.” I said laying back down as he put away his stethoscope. “Alright,” He went to a nearby window and opened it slightly. “You’ll be staying her for at least one more day then you could leave.” He informed bowing before heading to the door. Before he left I remembered that…I landed on someone. “Doctor wait,” I called to him as he turned back to face me. “Yes,” I felt a large lump form in my throat a bit before asking. Was it guilt? “Um…How is the person I landed on while I was trying to…commit suicide?” I felt myself think that I am definitely going to get sued by that person or who knows maybe worse. “Uh…He isn’t as well as you, but it might take him at least a week to recover from the accident.” Great, a week! It really brings me a lot of guilt at the moment. “Oh,” It was all I could manage. “Don’t worry about it much though. He is a covered man.” The doctor said sitting back in the chair he was on before. “Thanks for telling me that Doctor…” I looked at him and his coat trying to figure his name, but all I saw was Doctor Heo on the coat. “My name is Young Saeng, Heo Young Saeng.” He smiled a warm smile making his cheeks puff a bit more. “So, who did I fall on exactly?” I asked waiting for the response that I felt I didn’t want to hear, but I felt like I needed to. “I don’t think you would believe it even if I told you.” He shook his head. Was it really someone that important? “I still want to know.” I insisted. “Cho…Kyuhyun of Super Junior.” It hit me really bad that I just sat there on my bed dumb stricken by the response I was given. “Wha…What?”

Young Saeng and I stood outside of Kyuhyun’s room. “Well, aren’t you going to go in?” He asked. I shook my head. No, even though it’s already been six days and Kyuhyun is almost going to get out…I still can’t. “I…I can’t do this Saeng.” I said turning around. “Yes you can,” He grabbed me by the arm to keep me from leaving. “All you have to say is that you are sorry. I very positive he isn’t going to press charges and sue you.” He was trying to convince me, but I just can’t forgive myself for what I’ve done to him. “Look, you may not forgive yourself for what you have done, but it still doesn’t mean that he isn’t going to forgive you.” He spoke it as if reading my own mind. I looked into his eyes intently seeing certain warmness to his eyes that nobody else have ever showed me in their eyes or in a physical way. I was truly…never loved, but I already knew that since the beginning of my life. “Alright,” I whispered eyeing the door. I slowly turned the knob, but Young Saeng’s hand caught me. “Knock first,” He suggested. “Oh, right.” I gave it a soft knock with trembling hands I didn’t even noticed I had. “Come in,” answered a soft voice. It was him. It was his voice and I knew it…I knew it very well. I slowly turned the knob.

“Yes,” Kyuhyun looked up from a book he had his eyes on. “Can I help you?” He asked in a sweet voice I would go everyday hearing for the rest of my life. “I…My name is Bok Sun Jung.” It wasn’t the best, but at least I started talking. “Ok,” He answered after a long pause between us. “Are you a fan or something?” He asked looking at me questioningly. I shook my head no. “Oh, then I’m guessing you don’t want an autograph then.” He laughed a bit trying to lighten the mood between us. “I just came here to ask for forgiveness.” I answered back with a very serious tone kind of taking him aback. I slowly got on my knees and stretched my hands out on the floor bowing my head down making my forehead touch the cold hard floor. “I’m sorry,” I began to cry suddenly uncontrollably repeating the words. I slowly felt hands on my shoulders. “Hey, why are you saying sorry? What did you do to me?” Kyuhyun’s fingers raised my chin up to look him in the eyes. “It was my entire fault.” I whispered. Suddenly Kyuhyun’s expression of question turned to realization. “You…you’re the one who did this to me?” He asked looking at me with concern. I slowly nodded my head in response. “Why?” He asked me. “I…I didn’t mean to do it to you. I didn’t even know you were there. All that I wanted to do was just end it! Just end it!” I began to scream beginning to cry again. Kyuhyun quickly pulled me into his embrace trying to console me. I’m guessing he didn’t know what else to do, but this. He didn’t say a word, but just rub my back with his hand and slowly cradling me back and forth. It felt like nothing I ever felt before. This feeling right here and right now…was new.

Kyuhyun sat in the chair in front of me. We were both in the hospital’s mini café. “So tell me,” Kyuhyun began. “Why did fall from the sky mysteriously?” He asked me with a small smile. I looked at him giving him a half smile before turning back to serious. “I didn’t. I fell from the building.” I took a sip from the coffee I ordered a while ago finally taking a sip from it. It was still warm. “Why?” He questioned his face turning serious as well. “I tried to…to commit suicide.” I could see the surprise in his face. I guess he didn’t really expect that. He probably thought I fell by accident or maybe that somebody was going to murder me. “Oh,” was all he managed to let out, but I don’t blame him. “I just felt that…I did my job in life and just didn’t have anything to live for anymore.” I told him. “Sorry, you can sue me if you want. I may not have a lot, but you can take everything I own.” I said drinking more of my coffee making it sound like as if it wasn’t a big deal. “Well, I think I could give you a reason.” He answered back to me. What? Give me a reason to live? What reason could he possibly give me? “Tell you what, I will offer this to you and I’m pretty sure it would keep you busy enough that you wouldn’t even have time to kill yourself!” He smiled at me a bit differently than a regular smile. To me it seemed a bit like an evil smile? Or is it just me? “I purpose the offer of you Miss Bok to work for me and my group by being our full time maid and special care. So, what do you say? You could really pay the debt you feel you own me and take a lot of guilt off your shoulders.” Kyuhyun waited for my response. I just stared back at him in amazement. Did he already have this all figured out and arranged? It amazes me that he is saying it like it’s not such a big deal? Can he really make it that easy? “I…um what?” “Ok, I’ll take that as a yes and the whole thing about what I mean ‘special care’ is that of being like an assistant of ours. Oh, and you’ll be living with us also and you will be paid.” I was still looking at him stunned. Is he really serious? “Don’t worry, I’m very positive everyone will approve.” He smiled getting up. “As soon as tomorrow is over there will be a van waiting for us outside at 8:36 in the morning so be ready by then.” Kyuhyun left me still sitting there shock. What is he really planning? Is this real? Why is he doing this for me? What do I mean for him? Free maid possibly? But, he said I get paid. Would I just have to wait and see?