Chapter VI

With Her

The boys’ schedule got even busier the preceding days. They would often get home late. Joo In on the other hand soon got used to it. This time, Luhan makes sure that he texts her or call her whenever they happen to get home late.

It was one of those busy days that they got home around 11 in the evening. On their way, Luhan’s Mom called over.

“Ne Umma,” Luhan answered the phone.

The tired atmosphere in their van got lost when they heard him talking to his mother.

“We already booked a flight there. We will arrive the day after tomorrow,” she said, giggling.

“You will arrive the day after? That means..” he left his statement hanging.

The other members listening frowned at his words. Chen on the other hand is busy texting the Exo-K since they don’t share the same van.

“Yes dear. The wedding will be on the day after we arrived there. We had informed your manager and gave us the day for the occasion,” his mother replied, filling in what her son left hanging.

Luhan was left speechless. He turned off his phone without waiting for his mother to talk more about the issue and leaned on the chair looking so defeated.

“What was that? What did your Mom called for?” Lay asked.

Luhan didn’t answer him; he just stared out in space as if he didn’t hear him.

Through the ride home, he was silent. The others didn’t bother to ask anymore since they were all too tired.

 

When they arrived, Luhan didn’t even turn around to look at them but proceeds to his unit. The Exo-K members asked Luhan’s co-members.

“What’s with him?” Suho asked them as they all walk to their unit.

“I don’t know. After receiving a call from his mother, he just became like that. He didn’t even answer our question and even turned off his phone,” Tao explained.

“Manager hyung, do you have any idea why is he like that?” Sehun asked over their manager, looking so worried.

“Oh, I forgot to inform you guys. Luhan’s parents will arrive the day after tomorrow. Then the following day, your presence is highly needed,” he replied instead, addressing everyone.

“Is there any special occasion?” Baekhyun asked.

They all went inside their dorm and gathers in the living room.

“You said we will be free by that day, is there something more?” Kai asked hugging Kyungsoo from the back.

“That day will be Luhan and Joo In’s special day,” he replied smiling.

(o_O) > other members

“You are not referring about the wedding right?” Sehun asked sounding alarmed.

“Just what is the other special occasion that will involve the two? Of course! It will be their wedding day!” their manager smiled.

(O_O) >Exo Members

*-*-*-*-*

 

Meanwhile, the moment Luhan got inside their unit he collapsed on the couch covering his face with his hands. He felt her sit close to him.

“They have called you already?” she asked.

He nodded.

“I’m sorry,” she sobbed, “I can’t do nothing more to stop it. You could have said no when I asked you but you didn’t. I am not blaming you I just don’t want to ruin your career, I-“ she didn’t even finished what she wants to say. She broke into tears, same with him.

Both of them cried for the same reason. Luhan reached for her, hugging her closer.

“I’m so sorry,” she keeps on repeating the word. Luhan hushed her as his tears came down in silence.

“It’s not your fault. I should have backed out but it’s too late now,” he replied, his voice failing him too.

It all made her cry harder. The facts that both are helpless and left with no choice but to accept the fate they are facing right now. Those reasons made them both shed tears in silence.

It was through crying that she fell asleep in his arms.

Too tired to move or anything, he decided to just spend their first night together on the couch.

 

*-*-*-*-*

 

The next day, Luhan woke up upon feeling the rays of the sun. He stretches over when he felt a pair of slim arms hugging him. When he looked down, he saw Joo In’s messy hair. He felt her arms hugging him closer. His face broke into a smile.

‘I guess this is just what we are destined to be,’ he thought, pushing aside her hair to look at her sleeping face.

He felt pity over the two of them. Being helpless and left with no choice but to do what their parents want is something that pained his heart.

‘How will we be able to live as normal as possible?’ he thought again, slowly caressing her face.

‘How long can we endure keeping the secret? How can we reach our dream?’ he thought again as many more questions flooded his mind.

 

“Ahem! Ahem!” someone cleared his throat.

Luhan was startled, and pushed himself off her resulting his fall off the couch waking her up in the process.

There was laughter by the door.

Joo In opened her eyes.

*blink*… *blink blink*… (O_O)

All the members are peeping over them with that sly look on their faces. She immediately covered her face with her hands and turned her back on them. Luhan on the other hand, pulled himself up rubbing his head.

“That was a bad fall,” Xiumin walked over helping him up.

“So why were the two of you getting all touchy and spending the night in here?” Tao asked.

Luhan rubbed the back of his neck, unable to answer them.

“There are three rooms in here, why waste time in the couch?” Kyungsoo asked.

Not able to take it, Joo In pulled herself up and rushed to her room slamming the door.

“I guess she got shy because we discovered them. So, are the two of you talking to each other already?” Sehun asked.

“Sometimes,” Luhan replied sitting on the floor.

The others joined him on the floor. “You haven’t changed your clothes yet. The call must be something grave huh?” Kris patted his shoulder.

“Yeah, and I can’t imagine that it is actually about to happen in the upcoming days,” he answered bowing his head.

“We are here if you need us,” Chanyeol smiled at him. The others did the same which moved him into tears. They shared a group hug.

They parted when they heard a soft voice calling Luhan.

“Luhan oppa,” Joo In peeped over her door.

“Mom wants to talk to you,” she said blinking her eyes at them.

He stood up and reached for her phone. She closed her door afterwards.

“Ne?” he replied.

The others strained their ears but didn’t catch any phrase until Luhan finished the call.

“Hyung, let me borrow her phone,” Chanyeol grabbed it and starts tapping it before he could protest.

The others gathered around him, eager to know what is within her phone.

“Let’s get her number. Luhan, Kai and Kyungsoo won’t share it,” Chen said at Chanyeol.

“That’s her private thing. Let me give it back to her,” Luhan tries to reach for it but was pushed aside.

They swarmed over Chanyeol. “Woah! She looks so beautiful in here!” -Chanyeol

“Give me a copy of that picture of hers.” -Chen

“She must be an Ulzzang. Just look at her pictures.” -Baekhyun

“Someone must have took the pictures looking at the angle it was taken.” –Kai

Luhan got curious and tries to join them, but the others won’t let him through.

No matter how he tries, they won’t let him through so he gave up. “Just give it to her, I’ll go and shower so I can change,” he said picking up his bag walking to his room.

 

 When he was done, he was startled to see the other member lounging on his room, exploring and touching everything in his new room.

“Hyung let me spend a night here! Let me be your guest!” –Baekhyun

“Aniyo! I am their guest tonight!” –Chanyeol

“Ha! It’s not any of you two but me.” –Chen

And the three argued of who will be the guest of the couple.

Just then, Suho noticed Joo In on Luhan’s open door going to the kitchen.

“Joo In-na, where are you going?” Suho called over.

Everyone looked at the open door, straight to Joo In.

She looked down at the glass she is holding before looking back at them.

After that, she proceeds without even answering them.

“I really would think that there is something wrong with her,” Sehun remarked.

“Me too. What a waste for a beauty like her,” Kai shook his head.

“If she had been discovered earlier, she fits the lead female for the drama version of Wolf.” -Xiumin.

“Since its Luhan’s scene then it will be okay, right hyung?” –Tao

 “Whatever you might think of,” Luhan looked at them sitting on the bed.

They ignored him again and continued on exploring every part of his room.

Kyungsoo suddenly went outside looking at his phone.

“D.O-sshi, where are you going?” Kris asked. Everyone looked at him too.

He ignored them and continues to the kitchen. After a while, he returned holding a box.

“Did you order something?” Lay asked, “What is that?” he added.

He opened the lid, presenting them 12 cute cupcakes shaped like hamburgers.

“Waaaah! Where did you get that?” Chen asked reaching for one.

Kyungsoo closed the lid before Chen could get one, “I’ll distribute it.”

He handed each of them a cupcake.

“Your fiancée texted me to get this from the kitchen. She was to give it to us yesterday but the news stopped her from doing so,” he explained. “And since both of you got emotional yesterday, it completely slipped off her mind,” he added.

“Hyung, can we trade places? Can’t I just marry her?” Tao asked, pouting.

“Why don’t you just marry someone who owns a restaurant or a bakery?” Luhan replied rolling his eyes.

“Overprotective huh?” Kai smirked at Luhan as he plays on the rubics cube atop the drawer.

 

For the whole day, they all just lounged over the unit even barging into the guest room. By around 1 in the afternoon, as they are watching a movie at the living room, Joo In came out of her room dressed. A small backpack is slung on her shoulder with a book on her left hand.

“I’ll be home by four,” she bowed at them, addressing to Luhan in particular.

When she’s gone, everyone exchanged looks and scrambled to get into her room. It was Xiumin who got in first since he was the closest to it.

Everything in her room shows feminine. The colors vary from lavender, baby pink and white. There are stuff toys on her bed. She has a TV and a stereo component. Her computer is near her bed too.

“Just how a girl’s room should be,” Suho remarked.

Everyone starts to explore over her room while Luhan stood by the doorway watching them.

“She even has a bulletin board. There are notes in here with pictures too. Her schedule’s even here!” –Baekhyun

They crowded over it again and start reading every note in it.

“What’s this folded paper?” Chanyeol pulled out the paper.

It was a letter. Chanyeol read it out aloud.

 

Oppa

 

I know the moment I leave the house the others will be curios of how does my room look like that’s why I left it open. Just don’t break anything. (The boys snickered.)

 I am sorry I have to ruin your dream. I can’t do anything to stop this from happening. I love my Mom and Dad, and this is actually the only thing they asked from me. Don’t worry; give me a month or two after the wedding and I will try to break off the marriage. I am not telling this to shake your conscience but to give way for your dream. I respect it much that I cannot bear to be the reason for you not achieve what you and your co-members have trained for years. Please, for the mean time bear with it.

Thank you last night. I really need the company.

 

After Chanyeol read it, all of them were silent.

“Hehe, I didn’t know it’s a private letter, mianhe hyung,” Chanyeol handed him the letter.

“So what’s your plan?” Kris asked.

“I don’t know. I guess she is right. I have to bear with it,” he sighed holding the paper.

“She really has to do that? Why don’t you try working it out?” Suho asked.

“Yeah, give it a chance,” Kris added.

“You don’t know what might happen in that two or three months,” Xiumin tapped his shoulder.

They just heard Tao and Sehun sobbing from a corner.

“What’s wrong with you two?” Chen asked.

“It’s so good of her to do that. *sobs*” –Tao

“It really moved me into tears.” –Sehun

(¬_¬) >other members

(^-^) >Luhan

 

*-*-*-*-*

The following day, Luhan prepares for the arrival of his parents.

Joo In’s parents came over to fetch her for the preparation the day before. They even left the blue gwanbok he’s going to wear for the wedding.  Sehun and Xiumin stayed with him that night.

The next day, Luhan and their manager picked up his parent’s at the airport.

Luhan tried to look happy at his parent’s arrival. That night, he asks for his parent’s permission to sleep over at their unit in which they agreed on.

The boys about his upcoming wedding to ease his feeling about it. They just spent the whole night fooling around.