Chapter XXX B

With Her

The boys finally divide themselves on the rooms. Joo In requested them to spend the night at their unit.

“I’ll do the division. Kris oppa, Tao oppa, Chanyeol oppa, Sehun oppa and Kai oppa will take the guest room since it’s big enough to accommodate them. Suho oppa, Chen oppa, Baekhyun oppa Kyungsoo oppa and Xiumin oppa will take my husband’s room,” she instructed them.

“And where will be the two of you?” Chanyeol asked.

“Of course, in her room. Where else would you expect them to be?” Baekhyun replied.

The boys exchanged knowing looks and proceeded on their designated rooms.

When they are all inside, Luhan looked at Joo In, “Want to have a cup of coffee first?” he asked.

“Just like the first time you asked me?” she smiled.

Hand in hand, they left their unit and went outside to buy at the vending machine. And just like the first time, they went at the veranda of their floor overlooking the city.

“It was here where you asked me to back out right?” he asked looking at the night sky.

“Ne. It was also here where I asked you about your dream,” she replied.

“Let me ask you once again,” Joo In puts down her cup on the flat baluster, “Do you have any dream?” she asked.

Luhan smiled, “Yes, I have two. One, is for Exo to be the best and the number one,” he paused.

“What’s the other one?”

“Secondly, is to have a family with you and spend the rest of my lifetime as your husband,” he replied.

Joo In was left speechless at his words. He drew near her and held her, “Joo In-na, I am dead serious about what I said,” he looked into her eyes. The sincerity, the love and the feelings showed in his soft eyes bringing tears to her eyes. “Before, I can still see myself going on without you, but now, I can’t see myself going on without you. You became the new meaning of life for me. You showed me how to care and love for real. I am not expressive as what every girl wish her man to be but what I can assure you is my undivided love. Like what we had vowed together, ‘you are me I am you and that we are one in this journey together.” He smiled at her before slowly closing the distance between them. He kissed her with such tenderness full of love and gratitude.

When he parted, there were tears in her eyes. He slowly wiped it off, “Naneun dangshineul saranghamnida Joo In-na,” he whispered.

 

“Let’s get to sleep. You still have your classes by seven,” Luhan smiled at her.

“You really memorized my schedule huh?” she chuckled.

“I have to; you’re my lovable wife after all.”

Together, they went back to their unit. Luhan tucked himself while Joo In finished her works on her laptop. He propped himself up using his arm, “Do you really have to finish that?” he asked.

“I have to. The deadline’s the other day so I must finish it. It’s better to pass it earlier. Go on, I’ll need to be up late,” she replied.

“Then I won’t sleep until you do so,” Luhan smiled.

Joo In sighed, “Arasseo! I’ll just save this so we can go to sleep already.”

She saved her works and shut down her laptop. She arranged a few scattered stuffs on her desk before getting to bed.

“Now, get to sleep already,” she pinched his nose.

“Not until you sleep first,” he smiled again at her.

“Why are you so naughty today?”

“Because I want my wife to be at ease when I am with her. I don’t want you to get stressed or worn out. You should maintain your health. You should not get sick or such. I don’t want you to suffer any pain,” he replied.

“I you compiled all those words you said, you had probably made a letter just as long as mine,” she turned around.

She felt Luhan’s finger on her side, sooner she is already laughing hard from his tickles.

“Oppa… !” she wriggled as she tries to free herself from his hold. When he saw her almost out of breath, he stopped and held her close again.

“I hate you for doing that! You know how much I hate people tickling me,” she pouted.

“Like you can hate me,” he smiled giving her a kiss on the forehead. She yawned and closed her eyes same as him.

 

Around 1 in the morning, she woke up. Her husband is silently and peacefully sleeping beside her. She traced her face sighing as she felt her heart ache.

“Mianhe oppa,” she whispered, “I hope you understand that I am doing this for your own good. I won’t just leave without reasons. Perhaps you might hate me when you wake up and see me gone without saying goodbye. I wouldn’t mind it though. I’d rather have you hate me than to see your career slowly crumbling down in front of my eyes because of me. That would be more unbearable in my part. Oppa, I’m really sorry. Oppa, saranghamnida. Naneun dangshineul saranghamnida Luhan,” she kissed him on the forehead before kissing him on the lips.