Chapter IV

With Her

Every one of them gathered in a circle as their manager opens the ordered pizza.

“Why did Joo In didn’t come over?” their manager asked.

“Chanyeol and Baekhyun scared her,” Luhan replied grabbing a slice.

“I should have sent Suho, but the two are already out when I was just asking him,” their manager rolled his eyes over the two who are snickering.

“Hyung, what’s that paper you are holding?” Lay pointed over.

Luhan smiled, “A note she left on the table for me.”

Kyungsoo and Kai choked on their food.

“Are you two that hungry?” Suho handed them two bottles of water.

“Really? I didn’t know she can cook.” –Xiumin

“That’s an innate talent among all girls.” –Chen

“What dishes did she prepare for you?” –Tao

“They all look foreign dishes from the look of the plating.” –Luhan

Kai and Kyungsoo stifled a laugh.

“They must be all delicious huh?” -Kris

“Yeah,” Luhan affectionately smiled.

Kai and Kyungsoo finally rolled over their stomach not anymore holding back the laughter.

(O_o) > Other member

“What’s so funny?” Sehun asked.

“You really thought it was her huh?” Kai wiped his eyes still smiling.

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol pried over.

“Kyungsoo and I went outside to order some pizza but then we decided to visit you guys,” Kai started.

“And then?” –Baekhyun (o_O)

“Ah! I got it!” Xiumin exclaimed. “The two of you were the ones who cooked those dishes right?” he added.

The two nodded still laughing.

“That must be the reason why the two of you got late in coming back. Manager hyung even thought of sending me to check where the two of you had gone to,” Suho nods his head totally getting the whole situation.

Everyone looked at Luhan and started teasing him.

“Hyung must really liked Joo In.” – Sehun

“Yeah! Just from the way he smiled thinking the paper was really from her. It’s just been a day. That’s fast Luhan.” –Tao

“So when will be the formal engagement?” –Kai

“Manager hyung, when will be their formal engagement?” Chen asked.

“Sooner, perhaps a month or weeks from now, but it might not be an engagement. Their parents decided to skip that part I guess. Both parties decided to do it twice, here in Korea and also in China,” their manager replied.

“Not an engagement? You don’t mean a wedding ceremony right?” Luhan asked putting down his slice.

Their manager just smiled at him.

“Woah! That’s cool! I can’t wait to see Luhan wearing the hanbok!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“There must be some announcements to be made huh? I mean Luhan is a celebrity so there must be publicity! Right hyung?” Baekhyun asked over their manager who is busy eating.

“It’s a private occasion actually. I even helped in narrowing down the list of the guests. Although you guys are celebrities, Joo In’s privacy still needs to be respected, especially the sacredness of the event,” their manager replied looking over Luhan.

“But for how long can we keep it as a secret?” Suho asked. Their manager just smiled.

Luhan let out a defeated sigh. He puts down his pizza, “I’ll just call my Mom and Dad. I think I need to really talk to them,” he stood up and went over his old room he shares with Kris and Xiumin.

“Hello? Mom?” Luhan called.

“Oh, Luhan my dear. I have been anticipating your call. Have you met Joo In already? Isn’t she a beauty? Oh, you really would love her bubbly attitude. Although I haven’t seen her for almost two years but I can still remember her visit here!” his Mom excitedly replied.

“She had visited there?” Luhan exclaimed.

“Why yes! They even stayed for a week!” his mom replied.

“So she already knows before that I am her fiancé?”

“About that, well we didn’t tell her. We gave her the idea that we are just a family friend hehehe,” his mom giggled.

“But what about this engagement party that will happen twice?” Luhan asked.

“That one? Yes dear, it is the plan. But it’s not anymore an engagement party, but a wedding ceremony. Her parents want to have a ceremony there, and we also want to have another here. Basically, it will be a two days wedding ceremony for the two of you. Oh, I can’t wait to see Joo In again,” his mother sighed.

“Wedding???” Luhan exclaimed.

“We are not getting any younger son. Before I leave, I want to see another little Luhan and Joo In running around the house,” his Mom replied with that emotional effect.

“But Mom, I am just starting on my career.”

“This is my last wish and request from you, please don’t break my heart.”

“I think this is too much, and why did you kept it from me?” Luhan counters back sounding a bit frustrated.

“It’s for your own good. Please do understand,” his mother replied.

“Mom, I really don’t get it, and why did you kept it as a secret. For how long will we keep it?”

He heard his mother sob. That’s enough to make him stop from reprimanding for an explanation. ‘I think I have to understand how everything happened in a flash,’ he thought in despair with another defeated sigh.

“Luhan, please forgive your Mom. I just want to have little Luhan and Joo In before I die,” his mother sobbed.

“Don’t say that Mom. I understand and I am sorry,” he apologized.

“So where is Joo In?” his mother changed the topic.

“Mom, I know you want to talk to her, but she is sleeping already,” Luhan lied.

“Really? Can you kiss her forehead for me? I miss doing that! I always do that on her during their stay here, asleep or not, every chance I get, please?” his mother begged.

“Kiss her in the forehead??” Luhan exclaimed.

“Come on baby! Please?”

“Aish! Ok, ok. I’ll do it.”

“Do you have anything more to ask?”

“Nothing more Mom. Send my regards to Dad.”

“Will do. Please take care of yourself, and Joo In too. Bye baby!

“Bye Mom.” Luhan pressed the end call button.

When he returned to them, everyone is giving him that knowing look.

“Something’s wrong?” he asked.

“Let’s welcome the soon-to-be groom, Luhan!” Chen popped up a party popper.

Everyone cheered as they gave him a group hug.

“Hey hyung! Have you thought of how many little Luhan and Joo In you want?” Suho . The others started to laugh.

“I am just starting in my career. That matter didn’t cross my mind yet,” he defended.

“Yet?” they all playfully exclaimed looking at him. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

“By the way, will you really kiss her forehead tonight?” Kai gave a sly smile.

“Yah! It’s rude to listen on other’s private conversation,” Luhan complained grabbing his slice again.

“You’re the loud one! We can hear you from here when you are talking with your Mom although we can’t hear her voice,” Chen joined in.

They all looked at him again.

Kai asked him again, “Will it be a yes or a no?”

“Come on hyung, will you really do that?” Lay asked.

“You’re gonna sneak into her room?” Tao teased.

“Why are you all so interested?” Luhan rolled his eyes.

Everyone laughed at his reply.