Chapter III

With Her

At the dorm of the boys

 

Luhan stood by the door with his luggage. “Do we really have to be in the same unit? I mean isn’t it too early for us to live in a single house? Plus, we will soon go to China for promotions, so why bother getting us a room?” he turned to look at their manager.

“Oh, come on Luhan hyung. Isn’t it great? You will finally be in a room with one girl. That’s everyone’s dream!” Kai stated grinning at him.

“You might want to drag Sehun along. Let her stay at the couch, while the two of you occupy the room,” Chen laughed.

“That’s rude Chen. Be gentle to the lady. Let her take the room while the two can take the couch outside,” Baekhyun laughed along with Chen.

“Don’t worry; we will always visit you guys. If you need help, our unit is just beside yours,” Kris tapped his shoulder.

“You can scream if you need help,” Chanyeol laughed.

“Let’s go?” the manager asked.

“One more question,” Luhan stopped him.

“What?”

“Is she really that cold? I mean she barely smiles,” he asked.

“Yeah hyung! I’ve noticed that one too.” –Sehun

“She is not poker faced but she is more blank than me.” –Kyungsoo

“Is she suffering from some sort of behavior disease?” –Xiumin

“Quit that, she is not suffering from anything,” their manager hushed them.

“Then why is she like that?” Luhan asked again.

“It might be her time of the month,” –Chanyeol

“Right. Girls get moody during their periods.” –Tao

“But that is weird. She might have just cracked a smile or something like that, but she is totally vacant. Like she wants to distance herself or anything,” –Kris

“You are being too observant hyung.” – Lay

“Should I fetch some chairs so we could all sit here and talk about her?” their manager crossed his arms.

Everyone gave a sheepish smile.

They all together went out to send Luhan on his new unit, which is just the next door beside theirs.

“You even all acted as if Luhan will transfer to another district,” – Chen

“That’s the spirit! Remember our slogan, ‘we are one’. ” –Suho

“We all decided to visit the unit right after the both of you had arranged your things. You can get inside,” their manager gave him a tap on the shoulder.

One by one they gave him a hug; some even gave some parting advice before they totally deserted him on the hallway.

He took a deep breath before turning the knob. The unit seems deserted although 3 pairs of shoes were at the doorway. He took of his shoes and carried his luggage with him. As he was about to drag the bag to the couch, he overheard Joo In’s conversation with her parents on one of the room.

“Mom, are you really sure about this?” she asked, her voice slightly audible.

“Baby this is what the best is for you,” he heard Mr. Han answered.

“But why him? He is an idol, a star! Do you think he can help me? With his entire busy schedule and everything, do you think he will take notice of me? I am not his priority. I might even be his burden. There are many other guys out there, but why him?” her voice cracked at the end.

“Joo In dear, this whole engagement thing had been fixed ever since. We cannot just turn back and break it,” Mrs. Han answered.

‘Is she implying that I am incompetent? And what help is she referring to? Am I really her fiancé or her therapist?’ Luhan thought looking at the closed door.

“Then why didn’t you stopped me when you learned that I accepted his proposal to be his girlfriend?” he heard her speak again.

‘Since when did I proposed to her?’ Luhan thought again.

He was confused at what he just heard. He chuckled upon realizing what he is doing just now. ‘I eavesdrop a private conversation,’ he thought and starts to drag his baggage.

The door got opened and Mr. Han moved out.

“Luhan!” he exclaimed,” I didn’t heard you getting inside. Have you been waiting long in here?” he added.

Luhan shook his head, “Aniyo, I just came in,” he lied.

“My wife is still helping Joo In on her things; perhaps I can show you your room?” Mr. Han offered.

“We are not sharing the same room?” Luhan asked, surprised.

“Would you want to share room with her?” Mr. Han smiled, giving him a knowing look.

“An-aniyo! Hehehe.. I thought engaged people share the same room,” Luhan chuckled, blushing.

“Only married and live-in partners share the same room son, but don’t worry you will soon share a room with her. So let’s see your room?” Mr. Han offered again.

Luhan nodded although confused at the ’share’ part and followed Mr. Han on the adjacent door. “We fully furnished it already so it won’t be hard for you,” Mr. Han said opening the door for him.

The room has a bed, a bathroom, a computer set and a large window. It even had a large flat screened TV complete with sound system. The colors of the wallpaper vary from gray, black and white. It’s also air conditioned.

“Will you be comfortable here?” Mr. Han asked.

“This is too much actually, gomawo!” Luhan bowed.

“Kwaen cha’na yo?” he asked Luhan again.

“Ne! Nomu choayo!” Luhan smiled.

“So I’ll leave you here so you can unpack your things. Here’s the duplicate key of this unit,” He handed him the key before leaving him.

Luhan closed the door after getting. He marveled first on his new room. ‘I can’t believe I have this as my own,’ he thought.

He started unpacking his things at the same time letting their song ‘Baby Don’t Cry’ plays on his component.

After finishing unpacking, he laid down the bed that sooner he drifts off to sleep.

 

6:24 pm

 

Geurae wolf naega wolf Auuu~

Ah saranghaeyo

Nan neukdego neon minyeo

Geurae wolf naega wolf Auuu~

Ah saranghaeyo

Nan neukdego neon minyeo

Geobuhalsu eobsi gangryeolhan

I neukkime bbajyeobeoryeo nareul nwasseo~

 

Luhan slowly opened his eyes. ‘Kris must have forgotten to turn off the stereo,’ he thought rolling over. ‘But since when did we have a stereo in our room?’ he thought again immediately pulling himself up. When he saw his baggage standing beside the computer table, he sighed upon realizing that he is in a new unit with his fiancée. ‘Oh yeah, I forgot,’ he thought.

He moved out of the bed and walked straight to the bathroom.

After a few minutes, he went out to find her crouching on the couch watching on their TV.

He took a seat on the other end, wiping his head with a towel, “Have you had dinner?” he asked.

She shook her head.

“Do you want to order some pizza?” he asked again.

She shook her head again.

He looked at her, but she is still engrossed on the movie.

“I’ll go check the kitchen so I can call up Kyungsoo to help us make some dinner,” he stood up looking at her.

She looked back at him with that blank expression before rolling her eyes back to the screen.

‘Ok! Like I don’t exist,’ he thought going over the kitchen.

 

When he got there, there were laid dishes on the table for one. They look like foreign dishes from the way they were placed on the plate. ‘Did she hire some chef while I am asleep?’ he thought taking the seat. There was even a note beside the plate.

“FOR LUHAN OPPA”

He smiled upon seeing her neat handwriting on the paper.

 

After taking his dinner, he proceeds on washing the dishes before going back to join her in the living room. He found her playing on her tablet. The TV has been turned off. He silently took his place again on the other end.

“You really don’t know any Korean?” he asked.

She gave a nod without looking at him.

“Ok, let me teach you two words, the basic ones, yes and no,” he faced her.

She turned her head looking at him.

“Yes is Ne while No is Aniyo,” he said.

(O_O) – Joo In

“Did you get it?” he asked.

“Ne,” came her soft reply turning back to her tablet.

“So, did you cook dinner?” he smiled at her.

“Aniyo,” she whispered.

“Eh?”

Just then, the doorbell rang.

“I’ll go take that,” he volunteered.

“HYUNG!” Chanyeol and Baekhyun greeted him in chorus.

“What are you two doing here?”

The two smiled and pushed Luhan aside to get inside.

“Woah, woah! That’s trespassing!” Luhan exclaimed after regaining his composure but the two ignored him and proceeds to the living room.

“Joo In-na, is Luhan handsome?” Chanyeol blurted out at her.

She looked at Chanyeol. (O_O)

“That’s not the right question, it must be like this,” Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol aside.

“Joo In-na, is Luhan beautiful?”

“Aniyo,” came her soft reply and proceeds to whatever she is doing in her tablet.

“See! You’re the one asking the wrong question,” Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun aside this time.

“What are you doing with my fiancée?” Luhan squeezed himself between the two and Joo In. He pushed the two. “What nonsense are you asking her?”

“Omo! Luhan hyung is concerned! He likes Joo In!” the two cheered.

(¬_¬) >Luhan

(=_=) > Joo In

“What brings the two of you here?” Luhan finally asked.

“Manager hyung invited the two of you to come over. Pizza party!” Chanyeol exclaimed punching in the air.

“Joo In must come along,” Baekhyun said looking at Joo In but she is on her own world again.

“Joo In-na will you come with us?” Chanyeol asked kneeling in front of her. He pushed down the tablet she is holding giving her a puppy look.

She shook her head, “Aniyo,” she replied.

“But why?” Chanyeol insisted.

“Come on Chanyeol. She will never fall for your charm,” Baekhyun dragged him on the floor going to the door. “We will wait for the two of you in there!” he added pulling Chanyeol out and closed the door.

“Hehehe.. Mianhe, they even bugged you,” Luhan apologized, “But you wouldn’t really come?” he added.

“Aniyo,” she answered leaving him on the living room.

‘Yeah! Just how will I ever survive being with her?’ he thought.

He grabbed his hoodie and went over at the adjacent unit to join the ‘Pizza Party.’