C-O-N-F-E-S-S-I-O-N 3 (MAD LOVE)

CONFESSION (MINSUL ONE SHOT COLLECTION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tokyo, Japan

"Drag them out!"the head of the yakuza organization ordered to his men

"Hai!"said the men in black and bowed at their master.Two men grabbed the arms of the married couple and dragged them outside of the house like an animal.Then, the men closed the door,leaving the little girl in one corner,shaking in fear and weeping in agony while hugging her teddy bear

"Appa!"

"Omma!"

The stifling silence of the house was cut through by flashes of thunder.

Two souls were taken away...

In one unfortunate rainy day...

 

Rehab Institute of Seoul

"Mr Choi Minho"

Twiddling my fingers,I started sharing my story:

"April Fool's Day 2012,I got out of the car and opened the door of our home sweet home.I stepped in and called my ex-wife's name.I received no response from her.I went up and walked into the master's bedroom.I heard drops of water coming from the bathroom,I took off my clothes to join my ex-wife in her bubble bath.I opened the door and..."I stopped momentarily to clear the lump in my throat as I felt the sudden rushed of emotion while remembering the fateful day.I slowly expelled my breath to ease the enormous weight in my chest.

"Its okay Minho.Take your time"Dr Kim Seung Soo said calmly.

"I opened the door and saw my ex-wife and my bestfriend in the bathtub,both were "my expression turned grim at that memory"I dragged him out of the bathroom and beat him so hard he ended up in the ICU for three days due to the fractures and bruises he got from me.My ex-wife filed for divorce one week after and tied the knot with my bestfriend six months later"I stopped again while twiddling my fingers

"Go on"Dr Kim Seung Soo encouraged

"My ex-wife's betrayal left a huge hole not only in my heart but my entire being.She left me as nothing..as in nothing...she took everything from me.I was fired at my job as a grade school teacher and spent my days drinking.I wasted my hard earned money on alcohol,hookers and drugs.I relied on prescription drugs like xanax,molly and zoloft to treat my depression.I got so addicted my behavior changed drastically.From being a clean living approachable human being,I became this monster who loathed the world.I shut my door and windows to my parents and friends and stayed in the confinement of darkness.I dont give a about the world anymore and tried to commit suicide twice but my loving parents were always right in time as my saving grace.They never gave up on me despite my constant refusal.My last suicide attempt made my parents decided to take me into rehab to treat my addiction and depression"

"When was the last time you saw your ex-wife?"Dr Kim asked after a long strained silence

I leaned my back against the leather couch and laced my hands behind my head while looking up at the white ceiling of Dr.Kim's office

"About a year.She hates me because of what I did to her lover but I dont regret anything"

"Do you still love her?"

I found myself analyzing my feelings for a moment"That's a hard one doc"I faked a chuckle to cover up my confusion"Do I still love her?You now,she's the only girl I asked out in my twenty five years of existence.She's the only girl I kissed and made love to.She's my first in almost everything"my eyes became glassy as I recalled our happy moments together"Maybe I still do,maybe I dont.My feelings were like high and low sometimes.Can't really tell"

After another long silence,Dr Kim leaned forward and rested his arms on the table"You've been here in the instituition for---"

"Three days,eight hours,twenty five minutes and three seconds"I interrupted with a smile

Dr Kim smiled back, but it was a smile that did not reach his eyes"I'll give you 100 days Minho.One hundred days to cleanse yourself and treat your depression.You'll be participating in the rehab's counselling and activities while continuing your daily medication.Your love ones can only visit you every two weeks and you are not allowed to ask them about your ex-wife and the outside world.If your feeling apprehensive or having trouble about something,feel free to drop by here and we'll talk about it"

 

 

Day 7

One Rainy Afternoon

"All right...I'm glad it's a girl.And I hope she'll be a fool---that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool"Minho read out loud one of the famous line in F.Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel "Great Gatsby" as he stepped out of the counselling room after spending gruelling hours of counselling session with Dr.Kim.

Barefooted,Minho headed to the rehab's balcony carrying the book.He was about to sit on the lounging chair when he decided to watch the pouring rain.

Resting his arms over the metal railings,Minho looked down at the open damp green field and saw someone---a woman in pink pajamas

Intrigued,he leaned forward to take a better look at her.She was standing alone,barefooted like him and soaking in the rain.Her long black hair hiding her face,making her a spitting image of Sadako at first sight.The mystery woman remained in her spot,head bent down,immobilized and dead silent.

"Who is she?"he asked curiously.For some reason he couldnt explain,he found himself watching her without blinking an eyelash.He wondered if the rain had awakened some bad memories for her or if it was the feeling of being locked in the rehab facility that was getting to her.Whatever the problem,it was really troubling him.

"Perhaps worried"Minho thought as he continued to watch her from the balcony

"There you are.I've been looking for you all over"said by a male voice from behind

He looked back and saw Luhan,a fellow rehab patient and roommate.Luhan's sister sent him to RIS because of his heroine problem.T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter