Winter Night

Creatures of the Day

Sulli removed Minho's hand from her waist.

She then stood at the edge of the bed. Then she heard movement. He waking up. 

Sulli quickly got up, but Minho's arm caught her first. 

"...What are you doing? So early in the morning Sulli, why would you leave me side... When I want you so much."

He then wrapped his other hand around her waist. Then stood up to whisper in her ear. 

"...Tell me, if you do not love me. Then how can I keep living like this. 

Bite. Fangs white as snow, pierced this innocent child. Where she could no longer leave the master. 

Sulli quivered. She felt her body heating up. She attempted to release herself from his grasp, but it was of no use. 

After a few seconds, he finally released his fangs from her neck. 

"You do not know how long I have been waiting to eat..."

Sulli clasped onto the hot spot he had pierced his fangs into. 

"What are you talking about! Why did you bite me?"

Minho wiped the blood from his bottom lip with a smooth stroke with his thumb. 

"Did you not know immortals like me can only be fed by the person whom they truly love. That is why I had bit you. And from the first time I did, I felt the blood in me heat up. You are the one I have been waiting for. And whithout you, do you not know the consequences of living without the blood you so dearly love fall into someone else's hands?"

Sulli turned around and looked for some bandage. "I do know Minho. Do not lie to me. I know you will let me go sooner or later. And when you do, you will be caught with another scent. Roses..."

Minho stood up. "Do you really think that? I would never throw you awa--." Minho attempted to embrace her, but Sulli lifted her hand. 

"Do not come close. Or you will not know what I will do. ...Now leave. I have to change my clothes..."

She turned around. 

Minho wanted to touch her, but if he had done so. He would also feel the pain. If he touches the significant other while she or he is burning. Then they will burn 100 times more. 

He clasped his hand tightly and then slammed the door behind him. 

Sulli flinched. A tear rolled down her face... And that was it. 

Minho banged on the door and yelled countless of times. 

Krystal walked outside her door. She kicked Minho's butt. "Yahh! DO you no know there are other people trying to sleep soundly in this cold weather!? You are even annoying the prison halls!" 

Minho closed his eyes. "Am I really that horrible, Krystal?"

"What do you mean?"

Minho turned around to look at her straight in the eye. 

"Do I really look like the kind of person to throw someone away so easily?"

Krystal lowered her anger levels.

Sulli's dress dropped to the ground. She took her rings, necklaces, and lipstick off. 

She changed into a simple dress. Pearl white top accompanied with a silver rose necklace. The other half was simply black accompanied with a bow belt embroided with rhimestones. Sulli then slipped on her slippers.

She walked out the door. And nobody else was out. The maids were not cleaning, the warriors were not training, and the klink of glasses was nowhere to be heard. 

She lifted her dress and then walked down the stairs quickly. 

"Minho.. Minho. Minho!" 

Even though she was full of anxiety. She needed to hear someone else's voice.  

She opened the door and she fell into someone's chest. 

It was Minho. 

"Where is everybody else, Minho? Why is it so quiet.. I cannot stand it!"

Minho pulled her back. "Are you alright? I did not know you were scared.. I sent the maids to take a break out in the snow. If you can see they really enjoy silence.."

Sulli held him tightly. "Minho... don't leave me. I promise I will love you for the rest of my immortal life, so please do not throw me away..." 

Minho got down on his knees. "Why are you so anxious, Sulli. I am standing right by you.. Holding your hands tightly, looking directly at you, and showing the warm smile to the people I truly want to keep. And one of those people other than my family is you. You are definitely in my everlasting heart Sulli."

He put his hand by her chest. "If you have not  noticed yet... I added a new mark. But different from your regular diamond. It is a star made out of forget me not dust. And what I am trying to say.. even if we may wander free. I will promise to you I will not be far. ANd I hope you will promise me you will not forget me... That is all I will forever keep."

Minho then pointed towards his heart. 

"I may be mean and a little weird sometimes, but I want to hold your hand through it all. I want you to stand by me. And knowing that you are here listening to my vow.. you are the one drawing the smile onto my face."

Minho smiled with warmth. 

Sulli fell into his arms. "I hope your promise is worth trusting because I also do not want us to forget each other. And even if we may wander off... I hope we will cross paths countless times. Remembering the good and the bad.. They were part of our lives we need to remember. I want to remember you. Meaning by that, I want both of us to hold on as much as we can."

Minho closed his eyes and laughed. He picked her up and held her in his arms. 

Even though she was embarassed by this, she held onto him tightly. 

 

Krystal was behind the door. She closed her eyes. 

"So even after they may wander.. they still want to cross paths...? I don't want involve my opinion in this, but it will not end sweet. Bitter would be the right word. I just hope that they will not wander from each other. It hurts to see them with different people. I denied this relationship because I knew that all these problems would arise. But they chose this path. I can no longer change or fix what they have started.."

She then skipped up the stairs. Whistling a simple tune. 

 

Yuri rattled the chains. They continued to get tighter. 

She tried to at least to puff some light. It was so dark. The only light was a torch, 1 mile away from her towards the sky. 

She yelled loudly. 

Onew walked down the stairs and slipped some food inside her cell. 

"Do you wish for luxurious spoons and forks. A water bed and the love you use to have right in your palm?"

Yuri it her lip. 

"Can you leave me alone? As the knew girl said (Sulli), I have to regret what I had done to them. So leave me and get the hell out of HERE!" 

Onew laughed and knelt down with one knee. 

"It's not like I will bust you out, but do you not need company?"

Yuri laughed sarcastically. 

"Why would I need someone so useless in my life? Huh? All get what I need, and then, all leave the two love-birds last. I won't kill you because I want you to witness.. When I will slit her throat right in front of his eyes. Then you can tell the legend of the tragic two. Pure immortals cannot love because there will always be someone following them. Someone who had fallen in love with them first. So since I have warned you, why don't you get on your way..?"

Onew came a little closer. 

He also laughed sarcastically. But especially loud. 

"Ha!.... Didn't you know? We all have things to do. So stop dreaming about that fantasy you oh so wish. Reality is where you will stand and stay. Even though you may not be happy, didn't you ever think about yourself. You will never be able to see another winter night like this.. you will have to wait another decade.. The snowflakes so gentle. The sun so hot. The leaves so colorful. The change of earth. I guess you did not want enjoy any of it becaue you are not like any of them. You will never change, never be elegant, have a warm heart, and your simple white dress will forever be your hiding spot."

Onew threw a little light in the dungeon. "I guess you just need to start off with some light.."

He went on his way. To visit his old friend. 

The Blood King. 

He was going to ask of him to take back her wife's sister. 

Even though the blood king has aged. He completes his tasks no matter what condition. 

This will be the last favor he asks. For the Blood King's era is ending. 

Onew will find his replacement. 

And after he does, he will be his caretaker. 

The last wish of the Blood King was for him to do this. 

But who...

Who would be so suitable. 

 

Taemin walked through the halls and looked for the biggest window. 

Where he could stare at the snow. It was so beautiful. He slipped on his jacket.

Then he went to the top of the tower where Victoria had been locked up. 

He knocked on the door, then slipped a box through the window. 

He quickly walked down the stairs. He wanted to touch the snow that only came every other decade. 

The guards gace the box to her. 

Vicoria opened it. 

It was a christmas ornament. Shaped as a snowflake. 

She then read the letter. 

"..The snow has come to greet the warm."

Victoria held it tightly. She thought it was Minho. 

Taemin thought she needed something to live on. This is the least he can do. 

 

Sulli closed her eyes and smiled. 

Minho kepts kissing her cheeks, he smiled warmly at her while he did. 

He felt so full with her. 

And so did she. With his arms wrapped around hers...