Forgiveness: I Won't Give Up On Us

What It Feels To Be In Love

Song: I Won't Give Up On Us by Jason Mraz



Sulli didn't know why exactly she allowed herself to be set-up by her friends on a blind date. She knew nothing about the boy. All she knew was that he was a dancer. That's it. She doesn't know his name, or his age or how he looks like. Nothing.

She arrived at the coffee shop at exactly nine in the morning, just as her friend Victoria said so. She ordered a chocolate shake, an oatmeal cookie and sat down on a couch just by the window of the shop.

She sat down and looked at her surroundings. She realized that any moment from now, she might meet her new boyfriend, and maybe, things may hit it off for them. But, aside from that, she also remembered the last words Minho told her:

"I hope he buys you flowers, I hope he holds your hand, give you all his hours when he has the chance. Take you to every party cause I remember how much you loved to dance and do all the things I should have done, when I was your man."

She thought of this blind date as a bad idea. Minho loves her; she loves him too, but not in that way anymore. She just didn't know what was going on with her. She was thinking whether she would meet her date, or just leave him.

A few minutes passed when suddenly, someone called her cellphone. She hurriedly took her phone out and looked at the caller's ID.

" Vic-unnie? Why is she calling me?" Sulli asked herself as she answered the call.

" Vic-unnie?" Sulli asked.

" Sulli-ah? Are you in the coffee shop already?" Victoria asked her.

" Yeah, unnie. What is taking this guy so long?" Sulli asked.

" Just be patient, Sul. Anyway, Jonghyun said that he'd be bring the boy there, so, just wait for Jonghyun. Arasso?" Victoria instructed.

" Arasso, unnie." Sulli replied.

" Okay. I gotta go, Sul. My professor's calling us in." Victoria said.

" Okay. Bye unnie." Sulli said as she hung up. But, just as she hung up, another person called her.

She immediately answered it:

" Hello?"

" Sulli-ah, it's me Jonghyun."

" Oh, hi Jonghyun-oppa." Sulli said.

" Hey, Sul. Are you in the coffee shop?" Jonghyun asked.

" Yeah. The one by the park." Sulli replied.

" Okay, I'm here with him. What are you wearing?" Jonghyun asked.

" A pastel-colored cocktail dress." Sulli replied.

" Is your hair tied up?" Jonghyun asked.

" Yeah, how did you know?"  Sulli asked.

" I can see you by the window." Jonghyun replied.

Sulli turned around and saw Jonghyun right behind her. She was startled for a moment, but, she quickly smiled once he entered the coffee shop.

" Hey, Sul." Jonghyun said as he extended his arms to hug the younger girl.

" Hey, oppa." Sulli replied as she hugged the shorter man.

" Oh My Gosh. You grew. You're like four inches taller than me. You gotta tell me what you drink." Jonghyun said.

" It's genetics, oppa." Sulli replied as he chuckled.

She and Jonghyun sat down. Afterwards, Jonghyun asked:

" So, are you excited for this date?"

" Can't say yes. Can't say no." Sulli replied.

" Well, I wish all the luck in the world with this man." Jonghyun said as he patted her shoulder.

" Could you at least tell me his name?" Sulli demanded.

" Sorry, it should be a surprise." Jonghyun replied.

Sulli pouted her lips, and replied:

" Fine, then. It'll be a surprise."

A few minutes passed, and afterwards, a man entered the coffee shop. He was wearing a jacket, jeans and shades, so from a far you couldn't really tell who he was.

" Oh, that's him." Jonghyun said as he called out:

" Yah! Haraboeji!"

Immediately, the man turned around and approached them.

" Good luck, Sul." Jonghyun said as he patted the girls head, stood up and spoke to the man.

Sulli looked at the boy. He was tall, and judging by his body, she could say that he was indeed a dancer.

Jonghyun patted the boy's back and he left the coffee shop. The boy, on the other hand, approached Sulli.

" Hey, you must be Jonghyun's friend. By the way, I'm--. " Sulli said, but got cut off by the boy.

" Sulli, yes, I know you." the boy continued.

Sulli widened her eyes, because as she heard his voice, she instantly knew who he was.

" Minho?" Sulli asked.

The boy removed his sunglasses and faced Sulli. As expected, it was him.

" Hey, Sul." Minho said.

" What are you doing here? You do know I have blind date, now, leave before he sees me with you!" Sulli said.

" I am your blind date, Sul." Minho replied.

" Wait a minute, Vic-unnie said he was a dancer." Sulli said.

" Yeah. I was an underground dancer, remember?" Minho asked.

Sulli nodded her head as she remembered.

" So, is Jonghyun-oppa and Vic-unnie part of your 'set-me-up-on-a-date' plan?" Sulli asked the male.

Minho nodded his head as he sat beside Sulli. Sulli on the other hand, kept her head down and asked:

" Now we've met. What do you want?"

Minho held the girl's hand and said:

"Sul, you heard me yesterday right?"

The girl just nodded her head.

"Look, I still love you. And, I just can't let go of the relationship we had. You know, when I look into your eyes, it's like watching the night sky or a beautiful sunrise." Minho said.

" Yeah, I know, Min. You say that to me all the time. But, you never changed." Sulli replied.

" All I'm asking is just one chance. One chance to prove to you that I'm worth it." Minho said.

" I can't. I just need some space. Not now. I'm so sorry." Sulli apologized.

" Well, when you're needing your space to do some navigating, don't worry, I'll be here patiently waiting to see what you find." Minho replied.

" Minho, just please listen to me. This thing we share, it's love, yes. But, it just can't be that love anymore. We aren't strong." Sulli said, as she slightly shook the man.

" We aren't strong? You can't say that, Sul. We are strong.  Mistakes shouldn't just judge our future. We all mistakes, and we all learn from them. Even the stars-they burn, some even fall to the earth. We've got a lot to learn, Sul, and I know God knows we're worth it." Minho said as he placed a hand on the girl's shoulder.

" Minho, why can't you just move on? That's just one question I need an answer from? From all girls, why do you want me?" Sulli asked.

" Sul, I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily, I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make. You know, our differences- they do a lot to teach us how to use the tools and gifts we got. We've got a lot at stake, and in the end, you're still my friend ,at least we did intend for us to work, we didn't break, we didn't burn. We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not, and who I am." Minho replied, still holding on to the girl's hand.

" You still haven't answered my question, Min. From all girls, why me?" Sulli asked, her voice faltering already.

Minho interlocked his fingers with Sulli's and replied:

" You were the one, Sul. My first love. My best friend. My soulmate. And Sulli, I still love you. Not as a soulmate, but as you. Sulli-ah, I love you."

" Minho--" Sulli said, but got cut off by Minho lips gently pressed onto hers.

Sulli had a slightly shocked expression once she found Minho kissing her. But, for some reason, she missed this. She missed the way he hugged her, the way he interlocked his fingers with hers, and he missed the way he kissed her. She missed Minho so much.

" Minho--" Sulli said as she pulled back from the kiss.

" Sul, I know you said that we aren't there anymore, but, I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up.God knows I'm tough enough, Sul, God knows we're worth it. We've got a lot to learn. Just, please Sul. One more chance." Minho said as he looked into her eyes.

Sulli on the other hand, stayed silent. She didn't know, whether to just accept his apology or not. Whether to get back with him or not.

" Sulli?" Minho asked.

" I don't know." Sulli replied.

Minho nodded his head as he said:

" Okay. I'll wait for your answer, but, please, Sul. One more chance."

Afterwards, Minho stood up and left.

Sulli looked at the boy leaving. Immediately, something popped into her mind. Minho may have made her sad, but, he was also the man who made her happy, who made her smile. And he was the first man who she loved.

" Minho-oppa!" Sulli called out, finally using the term 'oppa'.

Minho turned around and Sulli immediately hugged him.

" I'm so sorry, Sul. Please forgive me." Minho said as he let his tears fall.

" It's okay, oppa. It's okay." Sulli said as she let hers fall too.

And, they stood there, hugging, mending their love, mending their broken hearts.

If it weren't for Minho's courageous acts, they would have been together. Their love was strong, and God knows it. They were for each other. They were each other soulmates. And never a time would come, that they would give up on each other.

I won't give up on us