Rejection: The Man Who Can't Be Moved

What It Feels To Be In Love

Song: The Man Who Can't Be Moved by The Script



It was Friday night, and Lee Taemin found himself in the corner of the street, just by the local movie house.

Taemin knew it, Friday nights were always date nights. He'd always see couples going in and out of the movie house , interlocking their fingers with each other, or the boy might put a protective arm over his girl, but, whatever it was, Taemin was just so annoyed with it.

Or probably, he's annoyed of it because he doesn't have anyone. Let's rephrase it- he doesn't have anyone anymore.

Taemin sighed, yes, his girlfriend broke up with him. It's a sad life. So, everytime he'd see couples walking around, holding each other's hands, he couldn't help it but go into a state of depression. He just didn't know why she suddenly ended it. He didn't cheat on her, he didn't hurt her, he didn't do anything wrong. It was just her, she ended it.

Taemin watched as a couple exited from the movie house. They looked so happy, they were laughing as they interlocked their hands. Taemin saw something different in them, he saw happiness. Just like the happiness he used to spend with his girlfriend.

Taemin looked at his watch, it was nine-thirty. Seoul was getting colder and colder, probably because the winter was coming up, but, the coldness he felt around him was nothing compared to how cold he felt inside.

He blew warm air into his gloves as he sat down on the sidewalk, by an old oak tree. He looked at the oak tree and saw a carving of a heart. And inside the heart ,it said: " TM+KT." He touched the carving and closed his eyes, remembering all the memories he spent with her.
Beautiful and happy memories, those memories that he couldn't just go.

He loves her. He misses. He couldn't move on.

Taemin leaned on the oak tree as he watched the people exit the movie house. There were couples, and singles, but, all of them were happy, unlike him.

He took out a picture of a girl- his girlfriend to be exact. He sighed as he said:

" Just tell me what I did wrong. Please, I don't know. I can't move on. I know it makes no sense but what else can I do? How can I move on when I'm still in love with you?"

Afterwards, he hugged the picture, and started crying.

Some people spotted him. They pitied him. They didn't know what to do with him. Judging by how Taemin looked like, his puffy eyes and dirty face, he looked broke.

Some tried to hand Taemin money, thinking he was broke. They didn't understand him, and all Taemin said was:

" I'm not broke. I'm just a broken-hearted man."

More people passed by Taemin, looking at how he just raised the picture. They asked him:

" Who's this girl you've got here?"

" She's someone. Someone I love. Please, if you see this girl can you tell her where I am." Taemin replied.

Just as the cold night passed, he encountered many more people. He even encountered a policeman, who said:

 "Son, you can't stay here."

And all Taemin replied was: " There's someone I'm waiting for if it's a day, a month, a year."

" But, from all places, why here? You do know that no one is allowed in this intersection." the policeman said.

" Look, officer, I gotta stand my ground even if it rains or snows, because if she changes her mind this is the first place she will go." Taemin replied.

The policeman chuckled and said:

" A little broken-hearted, huh? Well, good luck, son."

Afterwards, the policeman left the broken-hearted Taemin alone.

Taemin looked at the sky, and he saw the stars twinkling. He wanted to wish upon that star, if it just meant for her to come back, but, now wasn't just the time for fairy tales.

Taemin looked at his watch-it was twelve midnight. Thinking that she would never come, he sighed as he stood up and started walking. He was about to go on further, when he heard something. Something like hurried footsteps.

He immediately turned around and as he saw someone he expected he'd see all night. He saw his ex-girlfriend.

" Krystal--" Taemin said, but was immediately stopped by her.

" Taemin, just what do you think you're doing? People on the streets were looking at me and saying: ' Hey, that's the girl on the picture.' and ' Why does he want her?' and so on and so forth! Taemin, why the heck would you do that?" Krystal yelled.

" I wanted to talk to you." Taemin replied.

" If you wanted to talk to me, why didn't you just call?" Krystal asked.

" I wanted to see you face to face." Taemin replied.

" You know, we could meet in a coffee shop, or in the library, but from all places why here?" Krystal asked, with that slightly bratty tone.

Taemin sighed as he approached the oak tree,touched the carving and said:

" So, it took you just one week to forget the nine months we spent, huh."

" What do you mean? I don't remember anything at all!" Krystal asked.

" You don't remember at all? You forgot that nine months ago, you were running from that street and I was running from the other. We bumped each other, and we met. And everyday after that, we were seeing each other. Krystal, I'm going back to the corner where I first saw you." Taemin replied, as tears unconsciously fell from his eyes.

Krystal gasped, as if she remembered everything. She was about to speak when Taemin added something:

" Krystal, if you didn't love me anymore, you could just have told me. It would have been less painful. If you didn't love me, why did you have to go through those nine months with me."

" Taemin, I--" Krystal said, but then again, got cut off.

" You what? You still love me? I don't see it, Stal. I don't see those eyes I used to look into. I don't feel the hands I used to hold. And I don't feel the lips I used to kiss. Krystal, I don't feel it anymore. Love is supposed to be a mutual thing, but, judging by you, I can't feel it anymore."

" Taemin, I still love you." Krystal said, as tears unconsciously fell from her eyes.

" Stal, don't. I know you're forcing yourself. And I don't want you to do that.  Stal, I'm letting you go." Taemin said as he held her hand, kissed it one more time as he turned around.

" Taemin--" Krystal said.

" What is it, Stal?" Taemin asked.

After he asked her that question, she immediately back-hugged the male and said:

" I'm gonna miss you, Taemin. Thank you for loving me. Thank you so much."

This time, Taemin cried.

" I'll miss you too, Stal." Taemin said as he took Krystal's arms off him and walked away.

The farther he walked from Krystal, the more he felt his heart break and shatter into pieces. And as he heard Krystal cry, it felt like his own heart was burning.

He didn't know what to do. He just couldn't simply leave her, but, he also couldn't go back to that state of rejection. He deserves someone who could accept his love, and sadly, it's not Krystal anymore.

He turned around and saw Krystal sitting on the sidewalk, crying.

" Stal!" Taemin called out.

Krystal looked up , revealing her tear-drenched face, and said:

" Yeah?"

He took in a deep breath and said:

" If one day you wake up and find that you're missing me, and your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be. Maybe you'll come back here to this place where we'll meet, and you'll see me waiting for you, on the corner of the street."

Krystal smiled and said:

" I'm not moving ,then."

Taemin smiled back at her and turned around, leaving her behind.

Taemin and Krystal may not have gotten back together, but, at least that they're still there, supporting each other, and, at least everything ended the way everything supposed to end. Taemin has moved on, and so has Krystal. They love each other, but, it has some to the extent that they couldn't just be together anymore.

Sometimes it just hurts to love someone who doesn't love you back. And sometimes, these people just can't be moved anymore.

I'm not moving. I'm not moving.