Desperation: Want U Back

What It Feels To Be In Love

Song: Want U Back by Cher Lloyd



" I'm not moving, then." was all he remembered when she woke up.

Krystal found herself sitting on her bed, holding the latest photo she had with Taemin. She missed him, but, there was also something in her that told her that she didn't love him anymore.

She didn't really believe it when Taemin himself said that he would be letting her go. She knew Taemin as a strong, loving man who would never give up on relationships, especially the strong ones.

She couldn't believe that night. That night when Taemin looked for her, he seemed desperate, and by the look on his face, she could tell that he actually loved her. But, that night, she just didn't feel the same.

Not until her told her what he actually felt.

All those feelings just came back. She felt true love, and she felt that there was truly a reason for them to get back together.

She needed to make a decision. A decision that could change her life, and Taemin's as well. After a few moments debating with herself, she took out her phone and texted the male:

" I'm going back to corner where I first saw you."

Afterwards, she got dressed and immediately set off for the place where she first met Taemin.

She may have been really excited because in less than thirty minutes, she found herself standing by the oak tree. She stared at the carving she and Taemin made when they were dating.

A lot of thoughts were rushing through her mind. She knew that any moment now, Taemin would arrive, and probably reject her. Or even call her desperate for trying to get back with him. But, she also knew that Taemin would never do that. She was starting to get confused, but, she just decided to shrug the thought off and wait for Taemin.

Five minutes passed, and Krystal heard footsteps approaching.

She was prepared, she knew it. She was prepared to face the music, and accept whatever Taemin was gonna tell her. She stood straight and inhaled. And a few seconds later, she found herself staring at her ex-boyfriend, Lee Taemin.

" Hey, Min." Krystal said.

" Hi, Stal." Taemin said as he slightly smiled at her.

It was silent for a moment. Krystal wanted to tell Taemin everything, but, she just can't. It seemed like was zipped shut, that she couldn't even say a word.

" So, Stal. What do you want to tell me?" Taemin asked her, as he scratched his head.

" Well, you do remember what I told you last night, right?" she asked.

" You're not moving." Taemin replied.

" Yes, I'm not moving. Taemin, I'm not moving, because, I still love you." Krystal said as she held the boy's hand.

" Stal, don't. Please, do this for yourself, and for me. I know you don't love me anymore. Just please don't force yourself." Taemin said as he let go of her silky hands.

" Taemin, listen to me! Why can't you just accept the fact I do really love you. Taemin, I really do. " Krystal stressed out.

" Stal, I've been like that for nine months, thinking that you really did love me. " Tarmin replied, with a monotone.

" Taemin, aren't there second chances? Shouldn't every relationship deserve a second chance?" Krystal asked.

" I've given you enough chances, Stal. You just didn't know it. And anyway, you wouldn't want to look so desperate coming back to me, right?" Taemin asked.

" What the f--, I'm not desperate!" Krystal raised her voice.

" Okay, let me rephrase it. You wouldn't want to look so selfish coming back to me, right?" Taemin asked.

Krystal shook her head and remained silent. Taemin was right, Krysyal would never want to look so selfish running back to him.

" See, Stal. We just can't be together. You can't be moved, and I think you know that I can't be too." Taemin said.

" I-I wanna be with you, Min." Krystal replied, her voice faltering already.

Taemin sighed for a moment, as he tried to reorganize his thoughts. He stared at the girl for a moment before saying:

" Forget it, Stal. We need to move on."

" Move on? How can I move on, when I'm still in love in with you?" the girl asked.

" Just move on. You could go back with your ex." Taemin suggested.

" With Jongin? No!" Krystal raised her voice.

" That's probably the only way to do it! If you can't do it, why can I?" Taemin asked.

Krystal gasped,because Taemin may have gotten back with his girlfriend.

" You--you got back with her? You got back with NaEun?"  Krystal asked, trying to hold all her anger-slash-sadness in.

But before Taemin could even reply, Krystal hit him on the shoulder and said:

" Hey! Boy you never had much game, thought I needed to upgrade. So, I went and walked away! And now what, I see you've been hanging out with that other girl in town looking like a pair of clowns."

" Uh, Stal--"

" Remember all the things that you and I did first? And now you're doing them with her? You know, you got me like this! And now you're taking her to every restaurant and everywhere we went, come on! Heck no, Min!"

" Stal--"

" Please Min, if you think I'm jealous, I'm not. This ain't even jealousy. Your ex ain't got a thing on me, trying to rock those ugly jeans . You know, you clearly didn't think this through, if what I've been told is true, and I know, you'll be crawling back like boo hoo hoo."

" Krystal?"

" You know Min, I thought you'd still be mine when I kissed you goodbye. And you might be with her but I still had you first."

" Soojung--"

" Min, you can say anything you wanna, I don't give a sh--, cause' no one else can have you!"

" Krys?"

" By the way, I broke it off thinking you'd be crying, but now, I feel like sh-, looking at you flying. I know it may be pretty selfish for me to say but, break-up with your ex-girlfriend. I want you back, Min."

Taemin looked at her for a moment. She stared at her and silence followed after that.

" Min, can you at least say something?" Krystal asked.

" Oh, so I can talk now?" Taemin asked.

" Yeah, of course." Krystal replied.

" Well good, I've been trying to do for the past two minutes." Taemin said with a chuckle.

Krystal gave him a 'it's-not-funny' look, and asked:

" So, what were you gonna say?"

Taemin exhaled loudly and replied:

 " You know Stal, you just wasted yourself a liter of saliva."

" What?" Krystal asked.

" Stal, if you just let me finish talking before overreacting about my ex, you would have understood me." Taemin replied.

" Just tell me what you have in mind, Min." Krystal said.

" Krystal, I'm not going back with NaEun." Taemin said.

" But, didn't you say--" Krystal asked, but got cut off by the male.

" Stal, name my ex-girlfiends." he said.

Krystal sighed as she replied:

" Well, there's NaEun, and then me. Well, that's basically it."

" So, if I'm not going back with NaEun, who am I going back with?" Taemin asked.

Krystal was silent for a moment, before she widened her eyes and asked:

" Me?"

Taemin nodded his head.

" Why did you have to use the term ex-girlfriend anyway?" she asked.

" Well, technically, you are my ex-girlfriend, and, I'm getting back with my ex-girlfriend. That's you, Stal." Taemin replied.

Krystal couldn't hide the fact that she was actually blushing.

" Hey, are you blushing?" Taemin asked he touched her cheeks.

" No, I'm not." Krystal lied.

" Yes, you are! You're cheeks are as red as a tomato." Taemin said.

" No, it's just sunburn." Krystal lied again.

" Sunburn from what? The clouds?" Taemin asked.

" Ugh, whatever." Krystal said with a chuckle.

Taemin chuckled as well he held the girl close and hugged her. Krystal hugged him back and they stayed that way for a moment.

" I miss this." Taemin said.

" Me too." Krystal replied.

" I love you, Stal." Taemin said.

" I love you too, Min. I really do." Krystal replied.

Taemin pulled back from the hug, as he held Krystal's hands. He used a hand to tuck her hair on her face behind her ear, and caressed her cheek afterwards.

" Let's make up for those nine months lost." Taemin said as he kissed the girl.

Krystal couldn't help but kiss the boy back and interlock her fingers with his. She couldn't actually believe that she spent nine months hugging, holding someone's hand, and kissing someone she didn't even love. She also didn't realize that the feeling was so good and she also didn't realize that she totally missed it for the past nine months he's been with her.

Taemin pulled back as he got a pocket knife from his pocket and approached the oak tree.

Krystal, quite confused, asked him:

" Min, what are you doing"

" Engraving something." Taemin replied.

The engraving was the heart with a "TM+KT", and Taemin placed an infinity symbol on it.

" Infinity?" Krystal asked.

" Like my love for you. It lasts forever." Taemin replied as he smiled.

Krystal smiled at him back as she hugged him tight and stayed that way with him.

Yes, Krystal may have gotten back with Taemin out of desperation, but, at least Krystal learned her lesson. She learned that she should learn how to love the people who come her way, and cherish the moments she spends with them.

And for Taemin, he also tried his best to accept Krystal, who changed for him.

Forget the past, then. What's important is that both of them are together, happy and the love they share would never die.

If it weren't for Krystal's move, they wouldn't have been together. She wanted him back, and he in return, accepted her.

I want you back.