Acceptance: Just Give Me A Reason

What It Feels To Be In Love

Song: Just Give Me A Reason


That cold night in Seoul did not  just end that way. Especially for the sad, broken-hearted Luna.

Luna found herself holding a cup of coffee, sitting on a bench by the oak tree where she and her ex-boyfriend used to stay. She didn't know exactly why she was staying there, or how she ended up answering his call, despite the break-up. She was sad, depressed, and even furious at some point. It seemed like she wanted to kill him, but, she also didn't know why all that just changed when he texted:

" Same place, 9:00."

It's been a week. She hasn't called him, and he never texted her. It was only until that point when he texted her to meet him in the same place. Luna guessed that he wanted to patch things up, like any other boyfriend would do.

Luna looked at her digital watch, and saw that it was already thirty-seconds until nine. She sighed, for she didn't know what was going to happen. She didn't know whether she will just move on and forget the past, or give him a chance. She didn't know whether to accept him or not. Luna just didn't know if she was willing to love again.

Luna did a mental-countdown and after those thirty seconds, nine o-clock struck. She couldn't stop tapping her feet and squirming on the bench, because as she said, she was scared.

A few moments later, she heard footsteps. These footsteps became louder and louder, and it seemed like it was coming closer to her. She lifted her head up and saw who she was supposed to see.

She saw Onew, her ex-boyfriend.

" Luna--." Onew said, trying to gasp for air.

" Hi."  Luna replied, as she kept her head down, trying to avoid the boy's eyes.

" Luna, I'm glad you came." Onew said as he wrapped his arms around Luna, although Luna didn't do anything affectionate back to him.

Onew released her from the hug and held her hands.

" Luna, we need to talk." he said as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

She shrugged him off as she walked going back to the bench, and sat down, never once lifting her head to stare into the male's eyes.

" Sure, tell me. Talk to me." Luna replied, with that little tone of anger in his voice.

Onew sighed as he sat beside her, held on to her chin and tried to let her face him.

" Jagi, please--" Onew said, but got cut off by her.

" Don't call me that."

" Why can't I?" he asked.

This time, Luna faced up, revealing her drenched face and looked into Onew's eyes.

" Because, I'm not yours anymore! Onew, you cheated on me! How can you expect me to forgive you for that?" Luna yelled, as she let the tears continuously fall from her eyes.

Onew tried to wipe them off, but, Luna just avoided him, as she continued:

" You know. I thought that I'd have something great with you. The first time I saw you, I knew that I loved you. It was like, you were destined for me. And once we actually got together, I was happy. Right from the start, you were a thief, you stole my heart. But now, you're different. This isn't the Onew I used to know."

" Forgive me---" Onew said, but then again, got cut off by the girl.

" No, I'm sorry, I can't. I just can't see you anymore. You think that after cheating on me, I'd still forgive you? I don't think so, because I distinctly remember that you promised me that you'll never do such."

" Luna, I'm sincere about this, I promise. I'm really sorry. It's just, I don't understand where all of this is coming from. I thought, we were fine." Onew apologized.

" You thought we were fine? Despite you cheating? No." Luna said, as she wiped her tears away.

" Luna, I know you're mad at me. But, please give me a chance " Onew said, with his voice trembling.

Luna knew it, he wanted to get back on the relationship. But for her, she didn't really know. She didn't know whether to get back with him or not. She was just so confused, and she didn't know why. She sighed and replied:

" Just give me a reason, just a little bit's enough. Tell me why I should forgive you."

Onew finally let his tears fall and he replied:

" Didn't you say that we were made for each other. We were destined, meant to be. I know it, it's in the stars and It's been written in the scars on our hearts. Luna, I know that you still love me, and I think you know that I love you so much. Luna, I just couldn't let you go. I swear to God, that thing I had with her, was nothing. It was nothing because I knew that deep in my heart, it was always be you."

" But, if you say that I'm the one. Why did you have to do it? Why do you have to do something that you'll know that'll break my heart. It's like you're telling me that you don't love me anymore. You're really confusing me." Luna said, as she kept her head down again.

" Don't be confused, Luna. I know you love me, deep in your heart, you do. We love each other, and this love we share us strong. Luna,
we're not broken just bent." Onew said as she held her hands.

Every time Onew touched her hands, or every time he caressed her cheek, made Luna cry. Yes, she missed him so much and she really wanted to get back with him. She missed him, she knew that, but the thing is, she wasn't sure if she was ready.

" Onew--" Luna said, but stopped herself as she continued sobbing.

" What is it?" Onew asked, as he wiped the tears on her eyes.

" I'm not sure. I'm not sure if I can do this. I don't even think if I'm ready to love again. Luna replied.

" Luna, I know you're strong,we can learn to love again. And this love we share, it's also strong . I know that, this flame in our hearts, will never die out."

" But, if you think that this love is so strong, why did you have to do it?" Luna asked.

Onew sighed and replied:

" I don't know why. For a moment there, I just snapped. But, Luna, at least what I had with her was over. It will never happen again, what's important is that you and I, will always be together. We will never die out."

" So, you still that we're existing? When you cheated on me, I thought what we had was gone." Luna said, finally looking at the boy's eyes.

He put her hand close to his chest and replied:

" We never died, Luna. Look, if you think that this is over, no, it's not. Your head is running wild again, we still have everything. And it's all in your mind. This is strong, like you and me."

Luna wiped her tears and asked:

" So, are we back together, Jagi?"

Onew widened his eyes, because of that single word Luna said. That word she used to call him .

" Yes, Jagi " Onew said as she hugged her tight.

They hugged for a moment, and Luna gave him a small peck on the cheek, Onew on the other hand, held her hand and interlocked his finger with hers and asked:

" So, you wanna go walk down the park, Jagi?"

" Sure, Jagi." Luna replied as she smiled and walked with her boyfriend.

Luna was happy. Onew was happy. As he said, their love was strong, and that flame in their hearts will never die out. It just took a single reason, one reason for them to get back with their relationship, and now they are.

A single reason. Just a little bit's enough.