Be Friend

THIS CHRISTMAS

 

The Third Day

"Yeoboseyo, Chaewoon unnie!" Jiyeon greep excitedly when the phone was picked up. Find out that the person that Jiyeon just called picked up the call, Jongki looked straight to her sister really serious. Jiyeon then put the call on speaker.

"Eo, Jiyeon-a,”

Jongki suddenly smiling when he heard her sweet voice even it’s not for him, until his face turn red.

“What is it?" Asked Chaewoon again to Jiyeon​​.

"Ah, I just wanted to ask about the casting schedule for ‘Romeo and Juliet’ Theater for our campus festival. I really want to join the cast, unnie."

"Jinjja? Assa! Okay, the casting will be held this afternoon at the art college building auditorium. Can you make it?"

Again, Jongki suddenly smile shyly when he heard Chaewoon voice, make Jiyeon laugh and teasing him non-stop.

"This afternoon? Sure thing! I’ll be there."

"Arasso... See you there, eo?"

"Eo.. gomawo, unnie. See you." Jiyeon hung up the call and directly stared at her brother.

"There! Are you satisfied?" ask Jiyeon make Jongki hug his sister tightly.

“Gomawo my cute little dongsaeng. Let me take you to audition, eo?” he then ruffles Jiyeon’s hair until it’s messed up, make Jiyeon groan angry.

“Aish! Jinjja!!”

-0-

Arriving at the venue for the auditions of 'Romeo and Juliet' theatre at the art collage building, Jiyeon pull Jongki to approach Chaewoon at the jury’s tabble in the middle row. Chaewoon and the other producer team that is Jiyeon’s seniors are watching one of the audition participants who are acting as Juliet on stage with a paper in his hand. She’s Yoona, Jiyeon’s nemesis. The girl that always have something to fight for with Jiyeon.

Next to Chaewoon who’s the script-writer, there is Kwon Jiyong/GD, which is the director of this theater. Chaerin/CL, the choreographer and stylist. And Sandara Park, the head of producer of the theater.

"Chaewoon unnie," Chaewoon turned when she heard the whisper call, and when she finds out who’s the person that called her before, Chaewoon suddenly smile happily and hold Jiyeon’s hands.

“I’m happy that you can come." Said Chaewoon also in whisper tone.

“Eo. I really want to get the part, unnie. So, when is my turn, unnie?" Asked Jiyeon. Chaewoon then open the paper and find Jiyeon’s name on the auditions participants list there.

"You can do the audition after the next two person, Jiyeon-a." Said Chaewoon on Jiyeon. Jiyeon nodded her head and return to her oppa.

"Oppa, wait for me here, okay. I'll go to backstage and get ready for the audition." Said Jiyeon and make Jongki cares her head. He then sit in the seat right behind Chaewoon. Just to looking her from behind can make him feel so happy.

Finaly it’s Jiyeon's turn to start auditioning. Jongki prepared his cell phone camera to record Jiyeon performance.

"What is your name? And what role do you want to take?  Jiyong asked to Jiyeon.

"My name Park Jiyeon. I’m a first year performing arts student. I want to take Juliet’s role." Said Jiyeon. Jiyong then give a code to make the lamp turn off and change into a performance lighting and then let Jiyeon start to perform. She start to perform when Juliet finds out about Romeo’s death and kill herself after that. She really do amazing acting. Make many people amazed with her ability.

When Jiyeon started doing the scene, Joongki record it excitedly. Jongki has always done something like this while Jiyeon was at the top of the theater stage since she was a elementary school student and got her first role as a deer. He's really proud of her youngest sister.

Jiyeon already like acting since she was a child. She fell in love with the art world even before she could talk. Jongki remember when Jiyeon played the role of princess on the ‘Princess and the Frog’ drama in elementary school. Jiyeon accidentally slip with her own dress and falls on the stage, make everybody laugh at her. Then in three days Jiyeon constantly crying while watching Jongki’s recording.

"Okay, that’s enough. Thankyou very much, Jiyeon-ssi." Sandara stop Jiyeon’s performance and the lights turn on again. Jiyeon standing in the middle of the stage, staring in front of the judges.

"I liked the way you live the character. You can easily get into it. But since you get really into the theatre, you forgot about the audience and don’t do any eye contact on us. But I think we can train it little by little. But, over all, you’ve done a great job. Chukae." Said Jiyong sounds very professional make Jiyeon bow at him. And then CL continue to speak.

“Adding a little bit from Jiyong’s comment, I also like the way that you can potray such a beautiful sorrowful emotion. We all here can feel the most sorrowful emotion with your acting. But, since you get into the character very perfectly, you forgot about the audience. But it’s fine. I just want to tell you that you do an amazing work. Chukaeyo.” Said CL make Jiyeon also bow to her.

Jiyeon then look at Chaewoon who give two thumbs up and an aplaus secretly with Jiyeon make Jiyeon smile at her. Look at how Chaewoon  treat Jiyeon so nicely, make him adore her more. 

"Thank Jiyeon-ssi. You can wait for the result this evening. Have a nice day." Said Sandara and let Jiyeon down from the stage.

When Jiyeon down from the stage, she met Yoona and her friends.

"You know Yoona, you're so cool on stage earlier. Jiyong oppa even didn’t give any critical comment. He just threw a compliment to you. Not such like the girl that can’t connect with the audience. I even don’t know why she’s joining this audition." Said Jessica, a Korean girl that was born in America, acting like there’s no Jiyeon there. There are four girls surrounding Yoona, they’re Jessica, Krystal, Raina, and Nana. They’re like her groupies. Always following Yoona anywhere she goes. Always do the ‘You’re so perfect, Yoona!’ even with the smallest thing.

Yoona just smiled with a snob look at Jiyeon. What does that woman’s want? But Jiyeon just holding her grudge and try not to punching their beautiful plastic faces, even it’s so hard to not even yelled at them.

“Yoona-ya, I believe that you’re the one that going to earn the Julliet’s role. Not some little miss unimportant like her. Right?” said Krystal finaly make Yoona laugh.

“Why they never learn something with you, Krystal?” ask Yoona and left Jiyeon that still silent with her annoyed face.

"Jiyeon-a!” Hearing IU voice, Jiyeon’s annoyed feeling with that snoby girls suddenly dissepear. Change with a happy feeling.

“IU-ya!! Where have you been? Did you watch my audition performance?” ask Jiyeon make IU nodding her head immediately.

“Of course! Jiyeon-a! You look so cool up there! Jinjja!! I’m sure that you will get the Juliet part!" Said IU encouraging her bestiest. In this theater, Iu will be the backing singers.

Yoona and her groupies suddenly come to Jiyeon and Iu. Yoona then folded his arms across her chest with an arrogant face and condescending laugh.

"Juliet is just for a beautiful and perfect girls. Only a fool would say that she would be the Juliet."

Iu glared at Yoona angrily because she heard Yoona’s words that are clearly intended for her and Jiyeon.

"Ya! Im Yoona! So, you mean that Jiyeon can’t deserve to be the Juliet and I'm fool?! You really searching for trouble with me!" said Iu angrily and start to step forward, but Jiyeon stop her immediately.

“See? She also can’t denied my words and just keep silent. Silent means yes. And it’s mean that she’s agreed with me. Don’t hurt yourself, Iu-ya.” Said Yoona make her groupies laughing together.

"Come, Iu-ya. Don’t listen to them. Let them say anything they want. If we answer them, it’s just going to make us to be the same person as they are." Says Jiyeon and pull Iu out from backstage, leaving Yoona and her groupies that still making fun at Jiyeon and Iu.

"Ya, Jiyeon-a! Why you didn’t let me punch that plastic-doll leader, Jiyeon-a?" Said IU still upset with Yoona. Jiyeon shook his head.

"I just don’t want you to get into trouble. Come on, just forget them. You’ll get more upset if you keep remaining they words." Said Jiyeon make Iu can only sigh a little.

“I forgot how angel your heart is, Jiyeon-a. But sometimes you also need to stand for yourself and beat them so they stop bothering you.”

"Keumanhae. I’m fine. Bytheway, I need to tell you something that can bring back your mood. Jongki oppa is here." Said Jiyeon make Iu’s face suddenly bright. She forgot her upset directly and start to look so happy.

"Jinjja?! I want to meet him!" Said Iu excitedly. Jiyeon then pull Iu to meet Jongki who was waiting her in front of the auditorium.

“Oppa!”

"Jiyeon-a! You did a great job, huh?" said Jongki on Jiyeon and ruffles her hair. Then he look at Iu that standing next to Jiyeon with her shy face.

"Annyeong, Iu-ya. How are you?” greet Jongki make Iu bow at him.

"Annyeonghaseyo Oppa. I’m fine. How about oppa?" Iu asked shyly. Jongki smiled and Iu’s head.

"I'm fine Iu-a. Why are you look so shy? You have to be more confident. A beautiful girl like you need to be confident." Said Jongki make Iu suddenly taken a back and her face turn red immediately.

"Oppa! How? You've been talking to her?" Said Jiyeon, remembering the reason why her oppa is here. Jongki shook his head makes Jiyeon complained.

"What the hell are you doing, oppa? Obviously you've sat behind her. But you still don’t dare to greet her and talk to her. This guy, jinjja!" Said Jiyeon complaining, make Jongki look at her with a sad face.

Iu looked confused. "Her? Who do you mean, Jiyeonnie?" asked Iu curious.

Jiyeon stared at her brother irritated. "Chaewoon unnie." Said Jiyeon make Iu startled.

"Chaewoon unnie?"

“Eo. This ahjussi is falling for Chaewoon unnie for the first sight. And I already help him in any way, but he never can use that opportunity.” Said Jiyeon with a tired tone, make Iu’s face turned into a bit disappointed.

"Iu-ya, come with me to see Chaewoon Unnie, eo? I have to talk to her. If not, this ahjussi beside me would cancel his promise to buy me the bags that we saw that day. Kajja!" Jiyeon pull Iu’s hand. Jongki just smiled impatiently. When Jiyeon left, he start to checked his appearance in the mirror and do not forget to tidy up his shirt to make it look perfect when Chaewoon comes.

And not so long, there’s three girls walking towards Jongki. Jiyeon and Iu was talking to Chaewoon that walking between them. Seemed to be discussing about the script that is in Chaewoon’s hand. And when they arrive in front of Jongki, Jiyeon immediately welcomed her Oppa excitedly, following the script that they already prepared last night.

"Oppa, Unnie Chaewoon said, I got in a strong candidate of Juliet’s role!" said Jiyeon excitedly make Jongki give the same excited feed back to his sister. He then Jiyeon’s head and ruffled her hair.

"Ya! Uri Jiyeonnie is my best. Hopefully you get the role, okay?" Said Jongki make Chaewoon look at them both. Jiyeon nodded his head then move to Iu.

"Iu-ya, can you come with me to take some stuff that I left in the backstage?”

“Eo? E… eo..” answer Iu confused, because she doesn’t know Jiyeon and Jongki’s plan.

“Chaewoon Unnie, can you wait me for a minute. I had to take some stuff." Jiyeon said as he nudged Jongki. Give a clue for Jongki to start using this moment to approach Chaewoon.

When Jiyeon and Iu left, leaving Jongki and Chaewoon alone, both of them start to getting awkward. Nervously, Jongki bowed to Chaewoon. "Nice to see you again, Chaewoon-ssi." Said Jongki make Chaewoon also reply Jongki’s bow.

"Nice to meet you too, Jongki-ssi. So you're Jiyeon’s boyfriend?"

Hearing Chaewoon’s question, Joongki get a little shocked and then he chuckled. "No. I'm not Jiyeon’s boyfriend. Jiyeon is my dongsaeng. Kwon Jiyeon, Kwong Jongki.” Says Jongki make Chaewoon understand and laugh immediately.

"I'm so sorry, Jongki-ssi. I thought you guys were in a relationship because you look very close." Said Chaewoon.

"It’s fine Chaewoon-ssi, many people also thought that Jiyeon and I were in a relationship. It’s because Jiyeon is a really spoiled girl." Said Jongki.

"But, Jiyeon is so cute and funny. She’s my favourite junior."

After that, both of them are silent because they do not know what to say anymore. But then Jongki start to ask.

"Chaewoon-ssi, can we be a friend?" asked Jongki make Chaewoon directly give him a gentle and charming smile.

"Of course, Jongki-ssi. I'm very happy to be friends with you." Said Chaewoon make Jongki cheered in her heart.

"Then, can I get to know you better?"

Chaewoon smiled shyly. She then nodded her head. "Yes. If you want, you can come to accompany Jiyeon practice. And we can get to know more later." Said Chaewoon and Jongki nodding his head immediately.

But before he could speak, Sandara came over Chaewoon and embracing her arms.

"Chaewoon-a, where the hell are you? We have to choose the players and we really need a screenwriter. Palli,"

Chaewoon nodded and followed Sandara. But before she’s too far from Jongki, Chaewoon turned her head and smiled at Jongki. She then waved her hand, make Jongki also waved shyly.

And after Chaewoon is not visible, Jongki silently cheered with joy. Making Jiyeon and IU come directly and can guess what happened.

"How? Did you done well?" Asked Jiyeon. Jongki pulled his beloved siser and kissed his cheek repeatedly. Make Iu a little jealous.

"You're the best, Jiyeonnie! Let's go shopping whatever you want! Iu, you also need to come." Invite Jongki make Iu’s upset face straight back to her bright and cheerful face. She then embracing Jongki’s arms like Jiyeon did, and walking along leaving campus together.

-0-

Jihoon and Jinwoon are enjoying the newly finished muffins made ​​by Soyeon in the kitchen. As always, if Mom or Soyeon was cooking, there must be another family member who waiting in the kitchen to be the first taster of delicious dishes the two women made. Now Mom, Hyomin, and Joon was shopping for Christmas supply at the supermarket. So as usual, Soyeon will be the ‘mother’ again.

"This is the new cooked cupcakes. Try this one. Carefully, still hot." Soyeon said as she put a pan of muffins from the oven in front of his brother. Jihoon and Jinwoon immediately took each one of the muffin and eat it deliciously.

"How about that? Better than before?" Said Soyeon made ​​Jihoon and Jinwoon nodded.

"Actually, the previous one also very tasty, Soyeon-a. Why do you have to made a new one?" Asked Jihoon not understand.

"I think the previous one is too sweet. You know that our eomma can’t eat the cake if it’s too sweet." Said Soyeon made ​​Jihoon nodded his head agree and also salute by Soyeon’s thoughtfull mind.

"You're a good future wife and mother, Soyeon-a. If you were not my dongsaeng, I’ll fall in love with you and choose you to be my wife."

Soyeon laughed at Jihoon’s words. "I know I’m your type, Oppa. Hahaha."

“Ani. You’re not my type. I don’t like a control freak woman.” Said Jihoon make Soyeon suddenly frown her forehead.

“What? A control freak?” ask Soyeon once again.

"Eo. And sometimes more fussy than eomma." Answered Jihoon.

"And sometimes more boring than Jongki hyung." Jiwoon answered later.

“Sorry? A control freak? Fussy? Boring? What else? A kill joy?” said Soyeon start to getting annoyed.

"Yes! You’re a kill joy. You never fun since you finished your junior high school, Soyeon-a. Always stiff and serious like our father. Sometimes I'm confused, who's the one that you played. Appa or eomma."  Jinwoon said as he continued to enjoy a muffin in his hand carelessly. Not aware about Soyeon sudden mood change.

"So it’s my fault to be like this?”

“No. It’s not your fault. But you need to lose some steam and try to be more ‘sisterly’ with your siblings. You know what I mean?”

“More sisterly? I’m still less sisterly? I was the one who always help eomma taking care everybody in this house since appa left. And I’m still less sisterly?" Said Soyeon because she start to feel judged by Jihoon. Jihoon laughed and her sister's head.

"See? You start to take it seriously. Chillax, Soyeon-a. What I want to say is you do not need to take over all the roles that exist in this house. There are things that you have to leave it to other family members. Don’t try to take over anything that can be your burdensome. We’re a big family and you can share it too us."

Soyeon staring at her Oppa with a cold stare. "Share the role? To whom? Jongki Oppa? He even sometimes unable to speak for himself and sometimes to quiet than a mute person. Hyomin? That girl is the most self-centered person in this family and often thinking only for herself than the others. Jinwoon? This kid even still need my help to cover her books when she was in the third years of high schools. And please don’t start to say our maknae’s name. You also know that she is very spoiled and childish, right?"

Jihoon then pointed to himself. "Me? I'm the oldest here, Soyeon-a. You're supposed to be sharing the role with me. If you feel that everything you did was very heavy for you, stop. I could also be responsible for us if you let me."

Soyeon sighed hard and looked at her brother closely. "You know why I have to take all the roles in this house and take responsible for everything since appa passed away? Because when appa’s left, you also decided to ignore anything that happens in this house and chose to go for your dream to be a big star. Then, what can I do? Asking you to forget all your dreams and taking care of this family? And if I ask you that back then, can you answer the same answer that you gave me before?" Said Soyeon in a high tone make Jihoon silence and look at her deeply. Realizing her emotions started to overflow, Soyeon then step back from the debate and divert her mind by start to tidying the kitchen equipment and try to turn away from Jihoon that still silent

Realize the atmosphere that became very stiff, Jihoon decided to leave the kitchen and try to calm the mood that suddenly become very uncomfortable.

"Don’t forget to put all of your dirty clothes to the laundry room Oppa. So I can wash it later." Said Soyeon to Jihoon before he leaving the kitchen. But Jihoon shoke his head.

"No need. I can wash my own clothes. I'm not your responsibility, Soyeon-a." Said Jihoon and left the kitchen. Soyeon sigh alone make Jinwoon look at her guilty.

"Noona, do you need a hand?" ask Jinwoon when he approached Soyeon who is still struggling with the laundry plate. Soyeon then looked at his brother and smile at him. She then pat Jinwoon head.

"Ani. Go back to your room and also put all of your dirty clothes and pout it to the laundry room so noona can wash it later. Noona will call you when it's time for dinner. Eo?" Said Soyeon made ​​Jinwoon just nodded his head obedient at Soyeon and left the kitchen and Soyeon alone.

To Be Continued

Hellow my lovely readers!!

I'm back with a new chapter.

I hope many of you still interest in my fanfic, okay?

Please give me some comments and also subscribe and vote, guys.

I'll be glad if y'all do that :)

Sorry for any mistakes.

And enjoy reading!

Love, rashimaa