Stage Five

If It was Meant to Be -

Kyuhyun whipped around. “What?” He was sure he didn’t hear her right.

“I want to breakup.” Seohyun repeated, face expressionless.

“Wha- You want- wait, what?” Kyuhyun’s head spun. 

 “Kyuhyun, I can’t stay in this relationship any longer. I just can’t. We need to breakup.”

There was no way this was happening. Just no way.

“Seohyun, are you-”

“I’m serious.”

“But, what do you-”

“I mean we’re done, Kyuhyun! I don’t want to marry you. I was never going to marry you. This relationship ended a long time ago and I can’t spend another minute wasting my life with you!” Her voice broke. For a moment, her face was regretful, and maybe a little desperate. Her eyes met his and that was when she said it.

“I’m sorry, Kyuhyun.”

I’m sorry, Kyuhyun.

I’m sorry. Kyuhyun.

“Hey, we got the tickets just in time! A ferry’s leaving right -”

“You’re sorry for me???” Kyuhyun erupted at Seohyun, anger coming off in waves.

“Sorry for what? For leading me on for two years? Or for making me buy three engagement rings? What was the point of dating me if you never wanted it to go anywhere?”

Seohyun flinched at his volume, but he couldn’t have cared less.

“Augh! I can’t believe this!” Kyuhyun stormed back and forth across the pier, “You’re dumping me! You are giving up on me. Of all the you’ve ever pulled – This is just ridiculous!” He had broken eye contact now – in fact he could hardly look at her – and was working hard not to rip his hair out. Yoona stood behind, gaping at the entire scene.

“I can’t believe this! Two years of ‘I need my space, Kyuhyun,’ and ‘I’ll be ready soon, Kyuhyun.’ How could you do that to someone?” he whipped around, voice cracking “How could you do that to me?”

She looked away, at the ground. “I’m sorry,” she whispered.

He couldn’t believe it.

“You know what? You know what?” Kyuhyun stormed over until he was directly before Seohyun. Snarling, he leaned into her face, “Don’t be sorry. I am not so pathetic little puppy that needs your care. These two years have been every bit of a waste for me as they have been for you, only more because I had to pay for everything, so you know what? Don’t. Be. Sorry.”

With a last look of contempt, Kyuhyun turned away. Shoving past Yoona, he sped across the dock nearly ramming into Ryeowook who had just got out of the bathroom.

“Hey! -  Kyuhyun, what’s wrong?”

He kept walking without looking at his friend. A burning sensation was growing at the back of his throat and he just knew he had to get away. The walk grew into a run and then a sprint as his friend’s voice called out telling him the boat was leaving and Seohyun wasn’t waiting and please come back…


 

The ferry pushed out from the dock. Seohyun was standing by the railing, watching the waves hit the boat. It wasn’t interesting, but it was a distraction. And besides, with each wave she was getting farther and farther away from the man she’d let go. Seohyun didn’t turn when another girl settled beside her.

“Okay, I admit it: that was quite an impressive breakup.”

Seohyun ignored her, not looking away from the water.

“I’m serious. You seem like a real pro. I mean the way that guy looked at you - Maybe you should start handing out advice.”

Seohyun snapped her head around, her fierce gaze meeting Yoona’s calm one.

“What do you want?” She asked.

“To see how you were doing,” the other replied with a smirk, “Do you feel all worthy and empowering now that you’ve broken your boyfriend’s heart?”

 “I never said it would feel good.”

Yoona scoffed, “Sure you didn’t. You also didn’t say to factor in the boyfriend’s feelings and look where that got you. Seriously, three engagement rings? Talk about leading a guy on.”

For a moment, Seohyun only stared at the other, her intense gaze neither a glare nor a wall. When she spoke, she spoke slowly:

“I underestimated what I felt for Kyuhyun. I underestimated what he felt for me. But in the end, I would do everything just as honestly as I already did. No lying and no cheating, because there are no winners. Just people and losers. Like you,” she turned back to the water, away from the other's  outraged expression.

“I am done with Kyuhyun, Yoona. But I am not done with you.”


 

Kyuhyun didn’t know where he was running to, no, he didn’t know the place at all, but he did know he wasn’t going back. Not with Seohyun. Not to Seohyun. It just wasn’t happening.

He sprinted down the walkway for who knows how long. The wooden sidewalk seemed endless and so did the beach. Wind whipped at his face and his back screamed in pain, but he didn’t want to stop. True to his physical state though, he had to stop eventually. The second his feet hit the sand, his legs gave out. Collapsing against the wooden poles, Kyuhyun gasped, trying to return oxygen to his brain.

“I don’t want to marry you. I was never going to marry you.”

He closed his eyes.

Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

How could he have wasted so much time and effort? He knew they were over, even she knew they were over, yet he’d still had the nerve to hope.

“Kyuhyun!”

Kyuhyun jerked up. The high voice sent his heart racing and he frantically tried to get up, but his legs weren’t having any of it. Instead, they just wobbled and he ended up on the sand again.

“Kyuhyun?” The voice was right above him now but on his knees, Kyuhyun refused to look up.

“Go away.” he wheezed, throat raw from the run.

“Kyuhyun…”

“Just go! I don’t want-” he coughed this time, the burning dryness of his throat taking over. He could taste blood on his tongue.

“…Wait here.”

There was the sound of footsteps in the sand and then Kyuhyun was left to wheeze for himself again. With each breath, his throat burned even more.  Turning around, Kyuhyun sat himself against the black rock and tried to swallow the taste of blood. Kind of hard without saliva.

His breathing was almost regulated when Ryeowook returned. Kyuhyun looked up but quickly turned away before he could see his expression. The guide had bought water. Staring at his ankles, Kyuhyun warily held out his hand and to his relief a bottle of water was placed in his hand with no comment.

He hurriedly twisted off the cap while the guide found a place to sit. Guzzling the water, Kyuhyun reveled in the sweet relief of liquid soothing his throat. Nothing had tasted so good in his life. He didn’t stop until all of it was gone.

Pulling the bottle away from his lips, he let out a breath of satisfaction. One problem down; thirty more to go.

Ryeowook watched in silence. The guide wasn’t breathing heavily or chugging his water and Kyuhyun briefly recalled that he jogged in the mornings. He still couldn’t look over, but Kyuhyun knew he was staring at him. It wasn’t an analytical or critical stare; the guide was just watching him. Waiting. And he was okay with that. Kyuhyun didn’t want to talk just yet.

The sounds of the waves were audible over their silence. They weren’t that far from the tide. A nearby family was packing up and the little girl was squealing as her brother chased after her.

“I should have dumped her.” The words came out raspier than expected but it said enough. the implications sure came through. They sat in silence as he let Ryeowook process this information.

“I can’t believe she did it first.”

Kyuhyun turned to Ryeowook, frowning. The guide’s voice was way too calm. Way too expectant.  

“I should have been the one to do it,” he asserted.

Ryeowook quirked an eyebrow, “It’s over now. Why does it matter who ended it?”

“Maybe because now I feel like the idiot?” he noted bitterly. And it was true. He felt like a moron for not seeing the signs, for planning their trip. He was even going to propose again! There had to be something seriously wrong with him if Seohyun had to be the one to end it.

Ryeowook seemed to agree as the guide didn’t comment much more. Instead, the smaller walked over and pulled him up by the hand.

“What are you doing?” Kyuhyun didn’t resist as he was dragged up to the sidewalk, but the guide didn't answer either. They were approaching a touristy looking building and the last thing he wanted to do right now was continue their vacation.

"Seriously," he tried to wriggle his way out of the smaller's grasp, "Where are you going?"

“The better the question would be: Where are we going?” Ryeowook squeezed his hand, but said nothing more.

Soon enough they were on a taxi, speeding toward whatever designation his friend had picked. A thousand snarky comments had run through his head when Kyuhyun saw the cramped, yellow vehicle but he couldn't muster enough effort to say them. The rock in his pocket felt unnaturally heavy as he gazed out the window.

Ryeowook seemed content with letting him wallow in his thoughts. They were kind of about Seohyun. She was probably on the ferry back to their island now. Once she got back to the hotel, she’d pack up her stuff, perhaps dump his clothes out the window, and leave. And he wouldn’t see her again for a long time. He had no idea what that meant or why he was even in this bind. The rest of his thoughts were trying to figure that out.

The car braked to a stop. Kyuhyun jerked slightly, but Ryeowook beamed.

“We’re here. Get out, Kyuhyun; you don’t want to miss this view.” His friend stepped out of the car. After a moment, he got out as well. 

They were on the side of the mountain with a stretch of ocean in front of them. Little shacks littered the edge of the cliff and their owners hardly glanced at the passing tourists. Without the midday sun, the view hardly seemed impressive.  

Following his friend, whose head was bobbing out of sight, Kyuhyun found himself nearing dangerously close to the edge of the cliff. He wasn’t afraid of heights or anything, but they did tend to trigger his fear of falling.

He continued to trail after Ryeowook until they reached the very edge. It wasn’t a straight drop but it was no slope either. That didn’t seem to bother Ryeowook though, as the smaller began carefully stepping down rock-covered side. Kyuhyun blanched when the guide looked at him expectantly.

“You’re kidding, right?” The look he received said that he certainly was not.

“Come on. The rocks are perfectly stable,” he held out his hand, “You can’t see the best part without climbing down a little.”

With great reluctance, the taller gave him his hand. Ryeowook’s hand closed around his, soft but firm. Slowly, they began to descend the rocky cliff side.

The wind whipped at his hair, bringing an ocean mist along with it. The rocks were wet. The farther down they got, the more loose rocks there were. For a moment, Kyuhyun wondered if he would have an easier time climbing with both hands. Then he nearly slipped and suddenly he felt a lot better having Ryeowook’s hand to grasp.

When they reached the end, they were only about halfway down the cliff. It ended on a ledge of a particularly flat stone. Finally daring to look up, even though his friend had said not to look down, Kyuhyun realized why Ryeowook had dragged him down there.

A long spread of black rocks jutted out of the water beside the cliff. Enormous waves split upon them like fireworks bursting and showered the rocks in their glistening droplets. Though they were still a distance away, they view was undeniably awe-inspiring. He was glad he didn’t miss it.

“Wow,” the breath finally escaped his lips, “This place never stops with the surprises.”

“Yeah. I suppose it doesn’t,” he heard Ryeowook chuckle behind him and his hand slipping away from him.

“Hey, where are you going?” He turned around panicked; tightening his grasp on the smaller’s hand.

Ryeowook looked at him strangely. “Just back up the cliff. To give you some time to think.”

“Well…I can think with you here,” he tugged his friend over to him, “Stay.”

 “Oh. Okay.” The smaller smiled at him, the surprise evident in his eyes. Ryeowook’s hand felt warm and soft in his and honestly, Kyuhyun didn’t want to be left alone to his thoughts. Together, they sat on the edge of the break, watching the water. 

Legs dangling over the sea, Kyuhyun felt like he was in a state of suspension. There was one part of him that couldn’t believe Seohyun was gone from his life while another knew that when Seo Joohyun made a decision, she would always stick to it. Both were pretty confused about her decision, but neither half could comprehend what that meant.  

So here he was, stuck between accepting or denying with ambiguous results either way.

“You know, this is where I came after the record deal bounced.”

Kyuhyun turned to look at him. Ryeowook was staring into the distance, his eyes clear with memories. “Really?” He whispered.

“Yeah,” Ryeowook smiled, “It's embarassing to admit, but I kind of...ran away. Ended up finding this place, and just sat here watching those waves for an entire day. That’s when I realized I wanted to stay on these islands and work. I could play my music without judgment or attention and that’s exactly what I’ve been doing for the last four years.”

Another wave broke on the cliffs.

Kyuhyun frowned, “Wait, you climbed halfway down a cliff when you were seriously depressed without knowing this ledge existed?”

“Uh huh. This view can really change your perspective on things. I'm not saying it's magical or anything, but you really remember there's more to life than what's already happened. And the decision I wanted to make would have made what I had ... everything…”he locked eyes with him, “I wouldn’t do it again.”

“…Wow. That’s…inspiring,” the taller said for a lack of a better word.

Ryeowook chuckled at his attempt, “Not really. But this is a great place to get away to. It’s nice and isolated. It helps you think.”

“That’s true.”

Kyuhyun watched another wave crash against the stone, water splaying in all directions. The sun still hadn’t come out but the rocks still found a way to gleam.

They were watching a bird fly down when he finally spoke. “I forgot to ask why,” he could sense Ryeowook’s attention shift.

“Why? Like, why she was breaking up with you?”

“Yeah,” he murmured, “I forgot to ask. And I’ll never get to ask. When we get back to the hotel, Seohyun will be gone. She won't leave a note. I’m going to die without ever getting closure from my first serious relationship.”

He could feel Ryeowook’s eyes on him. “Why didn’t you ask?” His voice was soft and inquisitive.

Kyuhyun frowned. “I guess I didn’t think of it.”

“Did you ask her to stay?”

“No.”

Ryeowook was quiet.

“Maybe you already knew why. Not why then or why there but you knew why she did it.”

He snorted bitterly, “I think only she knew why she had to do it.”

“Give yourself some credit; I think you'll figure it out” he felt Ryeowook scoot closer and place a hand on his arm. He felt strangely touched that the other had remembered his sunburn, “And besides, if you guys were going to breakup eventually, why not do it here? Here you can move on.”

“But what happens when I leave here? I can’t return to normal life,” a new flood of panic approached, “Without Seohyun, everything changes. I’ll have to get a new apartment, another car, a new relationship…” he bit his lip, unable to fully comprehend how different things became after one simple choice. Ryeowook continued to his arm, although he didn’t say anything more, and the comforting touch anchored him within the chaos.

Releasing a breath, Kyuhyun allowed swallowed hard. He could only accept it now. He really had no choice.  

***

It took a good part of the hour but eventually Kyuhyun had found himself well enough to go back up the cliff. He hadn’t cried once.

They continued the rest of the day much in the same way. Being driven around via taxi to see every strange port or beach on the sister island. Kyuhyun didn’t want to go back to the hotel and Ryeowook wasn’t going to make him. Besides, Seohyun had Yoona.

They talked about mindless things for most of the time. Okay, Ryeowook talked. Kyuhyun half-listened. He talked about teaching Kat how to play piano, college, and all the strange guests he’d met over the years which eventually did catch the taller’s attention. Dumb requests, offensive claims; Kyuhyun’s personal favorite was about the woman who’d asked if they could make the thunderstorm quieter.

“Tell it again! Tell it again!” Kyuhyun bounced in his seat; seemingly reenergized.

“Kyu, it’s not going be that funny if I keep repeating the same story.” Honestly, Ryeowook had thought it’d lost its luster by the third round but his friend seemed to find endless entertainment in other people’s stupidity.

“Okay, okay.” Kyuhyun finally relented and settled back in his seat. Two seconds later he burst into a fresh round of sniggers.

“What, now?” Ryeowook asked, bemused.

The taller just shook his head, “Nothing, I was just thinking about when you first told the story.”

Ryeowook sighed and rolled his eyes with the slightest smile on his lips as his friend dissolved into laughter beside him.

“Hit the volume button. Ridiculous…”

Anything to keep his mind off of Seohyun.

Kyuhyun held onto his hand for most of the time as well. Ryeowook wasn’t sure if it was a stress thing or a reaction to the breakup but he pretty much refused to let go. Although he hadn’t done any hand-holding in a while, he was quickly accustomed to Kyuhyun’s style: very tightly.

Going along the beaches, they had gotten some weird stares but Kyu didn’t seem to notice. Or care. Instead he’d pulled Ryeowook along so they could poke at the little crabs running across the sand.

At some point, their fingers had become intertwined. That was fine by Ryeowook as it made things more comfortable. Their hands fit together perfectly. Plus, interlocking fingers made it harder for Kyuhyun to fall behind during their hike up to the lake.

“Come on Kyuhyun! We’re so close!” Ryeowook tried dragging his friend up to no avail.

His friend groaned, “Can’t we just sit for a while? I am really tired.”

“Alright,” Ryeowook relented, “But this is the fifth time we’ve had to stop. Anymore and we won’t make it up in time.”

Kyuhyun exhaled, “Thank you,”

They sat down on a flatbed rock. Well, he sat, Kyuhyun collapsed. Almost immediately, the man dropped his head onto Ryeowook’s shoulder. He had been doing that for the last few taxi rides even though he was taller and Ryeowook should have been doing that to him. But even though Kyuhyun’s head pretty was heavy, he continued to let him lay it there. The guy must have had a lot on his mind.

The ferry only made stops every three hours and five times a day. The next one arrived at six o’ clock. It was five in the afternoon and they were approximately one hour inland. They were stuck here until nighttime.

Ryeowook knew that was bad. He had a performance tomorrow and Kyuhyun needed to talk to Seohyun, although the latter seemed convinced she had left for the airport already. He should’ve have took Kyuhyun back by now; he knew he should have. But with Kyuhyun’s warmth enveloping him under the coolness of the forest, he couldn’t move away.

After couple more moments of resting, Ryeowook was feeling strangely content. His friend’s breath tickled his neck and he briefly wondered if he’d fallen asleep again. But then he began to murmur something.

“What?” he asked, unable to make out his words.

“Can we stay on this island for dinner?”

“Well of course we can.”

His friend shifted against him, “Thanks, Wookie.”

Ryeowook froze. He looked at Kyuhyun, unsure if he’d heard him correctly, “D-Did you just call me Wookie?”

Kyuhyun frowned, “Yeah, that’s your nickname, right? Or did I pronounce it wrong?” He suddenly sat up looking panicked as if everything had depended on him saying it right.

“No, no. You said it fine. I’m just-” he paused, “-touched. I’m really touched that you remembered that.”

Kyuhyun shrugged, “Well, we had a weird enough conversation about it.”

Ryeowook smiled because it was true.

“Well come on,” he grasped the taller’s hand, tugging him into standing up, “That’s enough resting. I brought you here to see the volcanic lake and now you are going to see the volcanic lake.”

“Yeah, yeah, alright,” Kyuhyun smiled as he pulled himself up. Suddenly, he froze. The taller dropped his hand and desperately began to pat down his pants. “Dammit!” He yelled, when something obviously wasn’t there.  

Without a second thought, the taller began to sprint down the hill with his eyes frantically searching the ground. Ryeowook stared after him.

“Kyuhyun! Where are you going?”

“To find my rock!” he called, disappearing into the bushes.

His rock…?

Suddenly it dawned on him. The grey rock with a white heart. Rolling his eyes, Ryeowook tried to hide the giddy warmth that was spreading inside his chest. Kyuhyun had actually kept the rock. Jogging down after him, Ryeowook just couldn’t suppress the stupid smile that was spreading across his face. Not that he tried to.  

They searched for another hour. Turned out Kyuhyun had dropped his rock in the taxi. They never did see the volcanic lake.

***

“Thank you very much!”

Kyuhyun walked towards the beach as Ryeowook paid off the taxi driver. They were right back where they started, by the pier. The sun was setting over the red and orange ocean. The faintest traces of the main island were silhouetted against the sky.

Stopping at the edge of the sand, Kyuhyun took in a deep breath. The scent of wind and salt rushed over him and in its hurry yanked his hair back as well. Kyuhyun groaned, fixing his locks. He had seen enough beaches to last him a lifetime by now.

Ryeowook bounded back over to him, having finished paying the cab driver. Kyuhyun felt kind of bad that he’d had to pay for everything. Seohyun had taken their money with her when she’d left. Damn, he hoped she didn’t take his passport.

“Kyuhyun, the cab driver recommended a place for dinner. We can go there right now!” His friend sounded a little breathless as he rushed over.

Kyuhyun turned and noticed the difference right away. “Are you blushing?”

“No,” the petite man then proceeded to blush even more.

“You’re totally blushing.”

“I am not!” Ryeowook asserted. He most definitely was though. It was obvious even in the fading sunlight. “Come on,” he chirped, changing the subject “Let’s go already!” He grabbed his hand and began pulling him down the beach. Quickly, Kyuhyun intertwined their fingers. Before, a needy gesture; now a habitual one.

They ended up at some outdoor grill. It was open pavilion and right by the beach. Even Ryeowook had never been there before so they ended up ordering the only food on the menu: chicken wings.

“What about drinks?” Ryeowook translated for the waiter.

Kyuhyun looked at the list of alcoholic beverages. It was longer than his plate, front and back.

“I think I’ll just have the water.”

They talked under the pavilion lights, while waiting for dinner. Stuffed in the very back corner, they discussed family, work, and music. The lights were dimmer in the back, highly reliant on the strings of Christmas lights. They constantly had to be leaning in in order to hear what the other was saying. The noise level of the other patrons was ridiculous. Some sports game was on TV. But every time Ryeowook leaned in to say anything, Kyuhyun made sure he heard him loud and clear.

“I think the training period is the worst way to judge an idol’s ability,” he half-shouted over a particularly loud cheer.

Ryeowook didn’t even try to answer and just shook his head instead.

“Why?” he mouthed. Ryeowook shook his head again.

“Because,” the smaller started when the noise had died down, “the general pattern is shows that idols with shorter training periods are actually more talented,” Kyuhyun frowned, but Ryeowook was certain, “It makes sense if you think about it. The better you are the less training you need so the company will invest less time in you.”

“Really?” Kyuhyun leaned over the table, “I trained for three months. What does that say about me?”

“It says you have a damn good voice.”

He laughed and leaned back in his chair, “You would have trained for shorter.”

“Sweet-talker,” Ryeowook accused with a smile.

Kyuhyun held up his hands in surrender. Then he laughed again.

He couldn’t remember the last time he’d been able to talk so freely. Either it was Seohyun monitoring or his own wounded pride, Kyuhyun hadn’t felt so easy about his past in many years. But something about Ryeowook just brought it out.

They laughed; they joked. Seohyun floated in the recesses of his mind. The sting of her rejection was still there. Kyuhyun was good at compartmentalizing but he wasn’t that good.

When he returned home, so many things would be different. His home life, mostly. But at the same time, it would seem like nothing had changed. He and Seohyun didn’t have the same friends or similar jobs. Their families hardly interacted and they even had their separate furniture. In reality, he would miss having Seohyun, but he wouldn’t miss being with her. And with Ryeowook sitting there, his delicate features softened by the light and that sparkle in his eyes, he just couldn’t feel bad about it.

Dinner was, as expected, plain. It was chicken wings. How thrilling could you get? Perhaps the best part was when Ryeowook tried to force him to eat some celery and Kyuhyun smeared sauce on his face.

By the time they finished eating, it was quite dark out. Ryeowook looked at his watch.

“It’s about eight o’ clock. The last ferry’s coming at nine so we can get back at about ten-thirty.”

“Well, what do we do for the next hour?”

“I think those people seem to have an idea.”

Kyuhyun turned and sure enough, a group of restaurant employees were gathered on the beach building a massive teepee of wood and cardboard boxes. He looked back at Ryeowook.

“Bonfire?”

“Bonfire.”

***

He watched them light the wood.

The process wasn’t as spectacular as he’d thought it would be. Instead of a sudden gush of fire, the individual flames slowly flickered in and out until they caught on the wood and dried branches. Gradually, it grew until the entire structure was covered in the dancing flames.

He felt a hand slip into his and looked over. Ryeowook smiled and gave it a squeeze. Kyuhyun smiled.

Throughout the day, every time he felt panicked about Seohyun he would grab Ryeowook’s hand to center him. The smaller could have stopped him, heck any normal person would have, but Ryeowook just let him hold on. And now he was the one reaching for Kyu.

As people streamed around them, they quietly watched the fire burn. Heat radiated off of it which countered the chilling ocean air.

Kyuhyun felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked over and Ryeowook pointed up.

Thousands of embers lit up the air above them. They flew by in reds and golds, swirled by the wind and floating high into the sky. They more than made up for the lack of starry night. It was beautiful.

But Kyuhyun knew there was someone much more so standing right beside him. Ryeowook’s profile was illuminated in warm tones. The dark hair he always cut himself because he was picky about those things, the gentle eyes which turned into crescents only when he was truly laughing, and wonderfully shaped lips which hid comments, both snarky and kind, and a beautiful singing voice.

And suddenly he knew why Seohyun had left him. Why he hadn’t even bothered to fight the breakup. He had stopped feeling anything for Seohyun, and she for him. Yet now here he was finding that something with a man that in all that time he couldn’t find with her. He was falling for Ryeowook.

Yet if she hadn’t said anything, they would have just kept on going.

Kyuhyun abruptly turned Ryeowook’s head with his free hand, cupping his cheek. The petite man gazed at him in surprise. He opened his mouth.

Say something, you idiot!

But nothing came out.

Ryeowook kept looking at him, now a little concern in his eyes. His skin so soft against his palm. And Kyuhyun didn’t know what he was doing next but suddenly his lips were on Ryeowook’s and they were soft and sweet and the suddenness of his actions were melded away in the fact that it simply felt so right.

But the second he pulled away, Kyuhyun knew he was wrong. Ryeowook’s eyes were wide in shock and … horror? The smaller had dropped his hand. Kyuhyun tried to reach out again but Ryeowook backed away as if Kyuhyun meant to hit him. He didn't say anything before running away.

Kyuhyun had made a move. It was the wrong move.


 

I was going to post this on Wednesday but then it just kept getting longer. It was also very hard to edit because of the length so let me know if you spot mistakes. 

I've never written a breakup let alone what happens afterwards, so let me know what you think! (Seriously, do tell me when things don't make sense. It's worse when I have to find out on my own.) And I've reached 100 comments at this point, which is making me so happy!