Chapter 6 ~ Would You Still Love Me If I Was Somewhat Here?

The Spy With The Cobalt Nails

She felt a iron-hot presence on her back as she was pulled to the floor.

Heechul pulling her behind him rushed to the exit, and made it to the outside of the warehouse, and took shelter by its side.

Dropping Yoona's unresponsive body to the ground, placing her against the wall, he looked into her dead eyes and grabbed her ice-cold hands.

"No... no... thats not poss... She wasn't ... unless they.... YOONA? YOONA! WAKE UP!"

Not Yoona, he didn't apologise, he didn't tell her....

He stood up and paced the ground, sweating intensively, had he just seen the undead? had he seen her kill Yoona with her eyes?

He heard a large gasp of air behind him, and he turned to see Yoona's skin slowly become brighter and fatter, and life filtered back into her body.

He kneeled beside her, not sure what was happening, her dark eyes lightened as the milk chocolate brown colour returned.

"Yoona?"

She moved her head to look at him.

"Somethings different Heechul, something... somethings not right"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jesus... What... what's wrong" Breathed Heechul heavily as he put his head to her shoulder.

"I... feel like I know... but I don't at the same time..." She replied blankly, staring into the distance.

Heechul shot up.
"FEEL WHAT? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN?! YOU SCARED THE ...."

Trying to regain his cool, he looked back at Yoona who looked lost, she was there, in solid form, and present before him, yet she wasn't. He knew she was just as scared... no, probably worse.

"God... I... I'm sorry, let's just go." He stammered, reaching for her hand to pull her up.
Yoona finally responded and placed her hands in his.

A chill ran up Heechul's spine the moment they touched. Like a frozen whisper into his collar, he felt an almost electric jolt through his body, and an acidic scent rushed through the air like an autumn breeze.

Quickly dropping her hands. he knew it too.

The eye contact between them screamed "SOMETHING'S WRONG" but neither could utter an affirmation.

Yoona turned, almost in a trance.

"Where the he... Where are you going?" Heechul remarked, his voice close to breaking.

"I need to know... I... I just feel like I need to do this..." She replied.

"Do what?!"

Suddenly, as time moved slower than the second hand on a clock in a one hour lecture. Heechul saw Yoona reach the edge of the cliff facing the water behind the shipping port warehouse.

"F... What are you doing?"

Then it happened. But not as he expected it to.

A rush of adrenaline burst through his veins, forcing him to force his way to her, running as if swimming through a strong current. But it was too late. Almost like a tissue, she stepped out into the air that screeched and wailed in protest. Reaching the edge, the second hand slowed just enough to allow Heechul to see her... standing.

Standing on the water.

"Yoona?!' He yelled down the drop.

She turned and time returned to its normal function.
"I'm fine ... crap... I'm.... something... but I'm alive"

"I'm coming down, okay?"

Pulling a thin piece of rope, skinny as strong, but strong enough to hold a large mammal and it's entire family.

Tying it around a boudler by the edge, he looped it into his pants, and began his descent.

He kept looking below him, looking at her stand on the water. He was scared, but he had no time to make sense of anything, what if she suddenly sunk?

As he grew close enough to the water, he allowed a few metres of string and knotted it, allowing himself to drop to an unknown terrain. He had no idea if he would open his eyes and be standing or sinking.

As he fell, he knew the answer almost immediately.

The cold grips of the water sent him into shock, as he struggled to bring his head to the surface and look for Yoona.

In his frantic search, he felt a force slowly pull him up, as well as an icy cold touch, colder than the water that cramped his body.

Like a pulley, he rose, and water rushed from his hair, then shirt, than pants, until he saw his boots standing, like a plastic film dividing them from the water, as he stood beside Yoona, who gave him a weak smile.

"Well, something's different alright" Yoona smirked.

Heechul could feel the small current of water, tossing and tapping the edges of his boots, and he looked to Yoona, now with a bigger smile.

"What else can you do?"

"Why would she want to help me.... why aren't you worrying about that?... How do I know what I can do?" Said Yoona, coming upon the realisation of the situation.

Heechul, however was only interested in her last question.

"You said you felt like you had to do something... maybe it's instinctive?" 

"OPPA!" Yoona screamed.

"Oppa?" Heechul smiled wider, and felt his cheeks warm up, and the warmth spread to his whole face. He was just praying it didn't show.

"I just.... sorry.... I dunno'" Replied Yoona, also embarrased.

The warmth seemed to spread outwards from Heechul's body as they both stood there, in the shuddering, icy air, and the artic water, but somehow between them, those two people below a cliff, hidden from the rest of the world, standing about 2 cm from each other, were enveloped in a bubble filled with a warm spring days warmth and scent. They could've sworn they were standing in an open field, the sun brushing on their faces.

A slight rumble came from the cliff. The sounds of a few rocks click-clacking past each other broke the spring day as the two looked up to the top of the cliff where the edge of the huge boulder, as well as the rope was slipping off.

"Oh... come on?! Really?" Yelled Heechul.

Before either had time to react, it fell. The 10-20 kg boulder began hurtling towards them.

The artic breeze returned, locking Heechul's joints in place, as the winds picked up immensly.

Heechul had just enough time to look at Yoona and scream as her saw her bleak eyes, now pitch black disappear, fade like the rest of her body, and become ash like, flying in circles in the air. Within milliseconds she was gone, and whirling like a tornado around Heechul. He looked up for the last time and saw the great rock smash on the whirl-wind that surrounded him. He watched in amazement as it cracked and fell around him. A great gush came from beneath him as he flew up, above the cliff, and dropped lightly onto the ground.

After a few seconds, Heechul sat up, trying to come to terms with what just happened. He looked across, about a metre away from him was Yoona, her knees folded diagonally, her arms holding up her upper body, as she heaved heavily, trying to catch her breath.

In her eyes, he saw the pitch black once again melt into that chocolately brown.

"We...uh...we need... answers...." She exhaled.

"Yes," He groaned, "But first we need help... back to the company..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEHEHEHE

I'M ACTUALLY LOVING THIS IDEA SO MUCH, THANKS FOR THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK... NOW GOING TO HEAD TO MY OTHER STORY AND START ANOTHER CHAPTER... BUSY BUSY... HEHE

LOVE YOU ALL (NO YOU DON'T GET A CHOICE)

PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT CHAPTER <3

SOPH