Chapter 2~ What Will Be, Will Be

The Spy With The Cobalt Nails

~Chapter 2~

~What Will Be, Will Be~

 

“What did you want me to say?” Said a low, unsettling voice behind me.

I turned around and saw a man, a few inches taller than me, with his hair pulled back and black sunglasses covering his eyes. He was in simple aloof, simple suit, with a slight smile across his lips.

I gathered my composure and stood up, running my hands swiftly along my sides, pulling my uniform into place.

“I wasn’t talking to you” I said, looking at him with an unchanging facial expression. One eyebrow slightly raised to signify superiority and composure.

“Well, there is in fact, nobody else here”, the man smirked.

“Alright, well, I assume the only way you could be down here is if you were my new assistant, and I suppose you weren’t told about uniform” My lips pulled into a tight smile to rebut him.

He took this string of indirect insults and took a moment to run it over in his head. He lowered his head and within a second brought it back up, with indifference and smugness pasted thick like glue over his expression.

He took a step towards me and looked over me like an ornament; I shifted slightly in response, struggling to uphold myself.

“and I can only assume, Yoona, that you are the sort of woman that is cold and egotistical, and uses  insufficient tactics to make others feel insignificant, when it is truly you, who fears being considered insignificant, to live a life for nothing. You find friendship with one individual in order to sustain your reputation. In short, you consider yourself, better than everyone else.”

My mouth dropped ten feet. I took a step back, stumbling slightly on the plastic heel, sweat b on my forehead. I pushed myself to think of an insult that would measure far higher than his, but no words let alone syllables would come to mind.

He smiled and took the final step that put him a mere 20 centimetres in front of me.

He raised his hand slightly, and I flinched, preparing myself for impact, like I had always been trained. His hand rose to my forehead and his thumb pressed against my cold, wet skin and pushed away the small beads of sweat that threatened to fall.

I pulled away, and speechless, picked up my bag that I had put next to my seat and prepared to leave. I wouldn’t stand for this… If he thought I would, then he was wrong.

“You really should learn to not start off badly with somebody, or maybe to not dish out what you can’t take?” Came his voice.

I turned, ridden with rage, I threw my bag to the ground and trotted my way back over to him, I stared him down, to the best of my ability with the height difference and uttered.

“You will never, ever replace Yuri”

“Oh damn, you have ruined my lifetime goal”

“Team 12, listen up,” The screen on the large main wall of the subway lit up with Mr. Kang’s face, “There has been a report of a spy from North Korea infiltrating and sabotaging our shipment port at Busan, I want you to head over to Busan Shipment Port and assess the situation and if possible, capture the enemy.”

I sighed, another one, why is everyone attacking our shipment ports?

“Yes sir!” Came from Heechul, smiling at the screen as it faded to black.

Suddenly, a train rolled to a stop next to us, “Now going to Mission 43-A, Busan Shipment Ports”

I picked up my backpack and slung it over my slender shoulders, and walked straight to the train’s open doors. I wanted this over with.

I sat down at one of the booths and sighed.

The doors closed and I hadn’t seen Heechul come through, maybe he left, doesn’t matter to me, makes things a lot easier.

I got up ready to prepare, my usual ritual when Yuri and I had gotten onto our mission trains. To take turns in the bathroom preparing our things.

I walked up the shaking trains aisle and made my way to the bathroom door.

I pulled open the door to be shocked out of my wits.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHORT CHAPTER... PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER :D