Chapter 3: Golden Ticket

Are we just friends?

“Oh HaYoung, Kim NamJoo, Son NaEun and Yoon Bomi. You’ll be in Group 1.” announced the staff.

[Chorong] I’m so doomed.

“Oh and Park Chorong too. Sorry”, the staff added.

[Chorong] Phew, that was scary! Thank God.

Unable to hide her joy, Bomi went straight to hug Chorong as a sign of congratulating her and also the start of a new friendship. Feeling annoyed for what she did just now, Chorong calmly pushed herself away from Bomi and let out a fake smile.

The girls gathered around the staff to listen for further instructions.

The girls still have to go through more audition, but this time as a group assigned. They have to beat out other groups to secure a place in A Cube. They are supposed to show a dance sequence and also sing to a song they, as a group, chose. They were all supposed to meet up by themselves. So, NaEun suggest a studio where they can all meet and practice together.

~2 months later~

The competition is only left with 2 remaining groups.

“This is it. This is our last remaining chance. We can either break it or make it”, the appointed leader, Chorong motivates her group.  

Chorong feels a little unconfident with her group today, unlike other days. She has to admit that her group are really made up of talented young blood; however, their competitor seems to have a strong bond. Over the two months, Chorong group have only focus to come out as the best. There was no time to be friendly with each other. There was no time to pity each other when one of them couldn’t get the choreography right. All of them were blunt towards each other. Chorong feels that their competitor’s strong bond might give them a better chance in the competition.

[Chorong] It’s okay. We have lots of talent. We can absolutely do this!

The group begin their performance after being told to start. Their competitor gave the judges and staff members a performance that left their mouth hanging in awe. They only have to be better. No, more than better; the very best. 

 

A/N:

Sorry for the late update. Trying to keep the chapters as short and sweet as possible. Do bear with me a little. I find the story a little to long winded as well. Will make sure to make straight to the point next time. Hopefully, it was a good read. Thanks!

Do drop a comment! Thanksss! <3