Chapter 1: Who would have thought?

Are we just friends?

Just who would have thought the daughter of the Hapkido Academy Chairman would be a star?

Just who would have thought the country bum Busan girl would be a praise-worthy vocalist turned award-winning actress?

Just who would have thought the inspiring dancer of Prism Dance School would be the next dancing machine of A-Pink?

Although they each have different personalities, family background and forte but they all share the same common dream; to be a world renowned idol.

-

Chorong was known as the daughter of the famous Hapkido martial art artist, Mr Park. Everyone in her neighbourhood acknowledged her as a girl with a shy attitude but also having a bright personality when surrounded with her loved ones. All those bullies in her hometown dare not to lay a finger on her, after all she have been learning Hapkido for 8 years. She was the only child in the family. She was born with a silver spoon in . She always had the latest gadgets and her sense of fashion is something to be jealous about. Contrary to her cold looks, she is actually a very warm person. It’s just that she’s being judged as someone who is very arrogant upon first look.

Chorong have no problem complaining her dissatisfaction towards learning Hapkido to her dad. She did mention a few times in between practice to her dad that she would like to be a singer. Her father purposely let his only child complain to fall on deaf ears. Her father wanted the best for Chorong. Learning Hapkido was only to prepare Chorong in case of emergency. He planned to let her continue her studies abroad, after all Chorong is a very diligent child. Little did Mr Park know that Chorong secretly went to audition for A Cube……

~

Becoming a vocal trainer has always been EunJi’s dream ever since she discovered her talent for singing. She drew up in the country side, where singing wasn’t a job to be proud of. She also wasn’t as lucky as Chorong. Along with her parent, she has to work at young age to support her 7 other younger siblings. Life wasn’t always easy for her, but she never once complained about her fate. In fact, she felt blessed. Her parents are very grateful towards EunJi and always encouraging her to do what she likes best.

Jiwon is her best friend who went to Seoul to study. Jiwon always say that there are many more opportunities for EunJi to show off her talents in Seoul, whenever she comes back for school term vacation. Jiwon also didn’t forget to bring home a slip of A Cube’s audition form for EunJi. EunJi stares at the form blankly.

“I’ll give it a shot”, whisper EunJi to herself.

~

Beads of sweat drip onto Bomi’s puffy cheeks. It’s been 5 hours straight since she started her practice. Bomi decided to take a break from the strenuous routine she had for herself. She dap her sweat with a piece of tissue paper. Dancing has always been Bomi’s passion. All her dancing competition trophies she achieved were all proudly showcased in her bedroom.  The reason why she was practicing so hard this time is because of an upcoming Guerrilla Gig that she and her friends decided to do. It will be done in the busy streets of Hongdae. As the dance team leader, Bomi wanted nothing but the best for her team. She is always the first to reach the dance studio, and the last to leave. Her dedication is acknowledged by their dance instructors and also her team members.

The day arrived and the dance crew get ready their necessary equipment for the Guerrilla Gig.

Loud speakers, checked!

Boom box, checked!

DJ Digital Controller, checked!

Final preparations are all done and the members get ready in their opening act positions. Even before they start dancing, they have gathered a huge crowd. Among them is Mr Hong, A Cube’s CEO who happened to be in Hongdae as well.

Their body immediately got into a synchronized movement as soon as the song is played. They continue to show off to the audience what they have been practicing. Loud cheers can be heard as the performance comes to an end. Bomi was very satisfied with how her dance crew did and gave each and every one a high five. A sudden appearance of a man put Bomi in a state of shock.

“Hi, I notice how passionate you were during the performance just now. Here is my name card. Do come down to my company for audition”, says the tall looking man as he hands Bomi a name card. Bomi was flustered. She began to read what’s on the name card as the man disappears within the bustling streets of Hongdae. The card reads;

Hong Jong Ho

CEO

A Cube Entertainment

“Heol does this means I’m being scouted by A Cube?” Bomi wondered. She placed the card safely in her jacket’s pocket and rushed over to help the crew with packing of the equipment, marking the end of the performance.