Chapter 10: The 6th Member

Are we just friends?

Chorong woke up the next morning with a swollen eye. Not knowing the situation, she makes her way to the kitchen to prepare a simple breakfast for the group. Little did she realise that she have caught the attention of her other members. Being the brave maknae, Hayoung asked directly to Chorong,

“Unnie, are you alright? Did you eat something last night? Why are your eyes so swollen?”

The question made Chorong stop in her steps.

[Chorong] Shoots, what excuse should I make? I don’t want them to know I’m having a hard time.

“Oh, my eyes were still not used to the contact lens. It was uncomfortable last night so I had to rub my eye, that’s why it’s swollen.” Chorong stutters as she’s trying to come up with something convincing.

Hayoung just nodded and still is wearing the worried expression as she watches Chorong trailing to the kitchen.

Nowadays, Bomi are more comfortable when Chorong touches here. She felt that she was finally significant in someone’s life. Chorong also have no problem telling Bomi her honest thoughts and feelings.

As Bomi thinks that she’s the only one who has been receiving in the friendship, she decides to be the one who gives as well. She has no problem replying Chorong’s skin ship. She sometimes will put her arm around Chorong petite shoulders or grabbing her waist when taking a picture. Chorong could definitely see a change in Bomi.

When the two had alone time in their room, Chorong decides to bring the topic up.

“Bbom ah, nowadays I feel that you have changed”

[Bomi] Has she gotten tired of me now?

Hundreds of negative things were running through Bomi’s mind.

”C…Change? What do you mean by that?”

“Yes, change. You seem like a different person now”

“Have you gotten tired of me Unnie? We haven’t even debuted yet. You still have to spend a lot of time with me. We still have to stay in dorms for as long as God knows when,” Bomi replied, with a slight disappointment in her voice.

“I didn’t mean that in a negative way, Bbom ah”

[Bomi] Who she thinks she is, messing with my feelings like this.

“What I meant is that you seem friendlier now. You seem to be awkward last time whenever I touch you but now, she seem to do more skin ship on me”, Chorong replied with a chuckle.

“Oh, you mean in a good way?” Bomi question her leader while looking flustered at the same time.

“Were you thinking otherwise? By any chance, have you fallen for me?” Chorong asked her jokingly.

Bomi only manage to let out a laugh while blushing.

“Yes”, Bomi replied softly making sure her leader didn’t catch that.

Chorong found it really cute at how her dongsaeng was reacting. She bent to Bomi and pinched her cheeks playfully.

“What was that for?” Bomi looked up to Chorong looking all confused.

“For being such a cutie pie,” Chorong replied, followed by a cute chuckle as she made her way out of the room.

“Yah, quickly get ready. Our president wants to see us,” Chorong reminded her dongsaeng as she disappears to the living room.

[Bomi] If you keep playing with my feeling like this, I can’t keep my head straight, you Park Chorong.

Bomi let out a scoff finding it a little absurd that another girl has made her heart flutters.

 

~At the company~

“Remember when we told you that it was possible for us to make changes to the group?” the president of the company, also known as Mr Hong began to break the silence in the room

“Well it’s good to see that none of you are falling behind and are only improving. However, I still think there’s no powerhouse vocal in your group. Therefore, let me now introduce you to your newest member, Eunji,” Mr Hong continues.

A petite girl with bangs made her way to the room as she let out a smile brighter than some diamonds.

The Apink members and Eunji exchange looks and also greeted each other with a bow.

“I hope you guys can help her adapt into the group and also make her feel comfortable. She’s a horrible dancer but an amazing singer, so please help out each other. Work hard!” Mr Hong summed up everything as he makes his way out of the room.

Taking the initiative as a leader, Chorong steps up to Eunji and began to introduce herself.

“Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Park Chorong and I’m oldest in the group. I heard you are the same age as our Bomi here. You were born in 1993 correct?” Chorong asked.

[Bomi] Our Bomi? Oh stop it you, Park Leader.

“Yup. I- I mean yes.” Eunji replied as she tries to hide her accent.

Chorong let out a small laugh and so does the other members.

“I see that you’re still unfamiliar with the Seoul’s accent. It’s okay, we will help you along the way. Let’s go for now.”

Chorong led Eunji out of the building to go back to their building. The rest of the members followed suit.

~back at Apink’s dorm~

With the additional add of Eunji to the group, they were asked to change the room sequence. With the new bedroom arrangement, Eunji is now sharing the room with Naeun. Naeun who is known to be a little cold in the beginning, was more than glad to have her as a roommate.

Bomi couldn’t help but notices at Naeun’s bright expression as she looks over at Eunji who is unpacking her stuffs.

[Bomi] Ayyy, could it be that Naeun has feelings for Eunji already? It hasn’t even been a day since Eunji joined us.  

Bomi just let the thought pass and made her way to the kitchen to help out the preparation for dinner.