Chapter 13: Debut

Are we just friends?

“B…but I want to be more than friends,”

Those words keep on replaying in Chorong’s head.

“What exactly does she means by that? Was I dreaming or did she really say that?” Chorong questions herself the first thing when she woke up.

She looked over her bed and found Bomi still sleeping soundly on the floor. She Bomi’s hair dearly as she makes her way out to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for the girls.

“What should I cook today?” Chorong talked to herself.

“Let’s just have a simple breakfast unnie,” Naeun replied as she makes her way to the kitchen.

“Oh! You scared me Naeun ah. Why are you up so early?”

“I couldn’t sleep well. Eunji unnie snores and keeps on making weird noises,” Naeun cutely rants to her leader.

“Really? That’s very funny! I didn’t know she snores. Eunji is a really special kid”

“Special kid? You didn’t mean it that way do you unnie?”

“Yah yah, I am not interested in your girlfriend,”

“I was just kidding unnie. You better not, anyways.” Naeun replied while letting out a chuckle.

“Naeun ah, can I ask you something personal?” Chorong shyly asks and unexpectedly blushes at the thought of it.

“Sure you can unnie” Naeun replied with a smile.

Chorong then proceeds to tell Naeun briefly of yesterday’s incident while bringing the breakfast sandwich to the dining table. After taking a few seconds to digest what Chorong was saying, Naeun comes up with a suggestion.

“Maybe Bomi unnie likes you?” Naeun spoke.

“Uhm, but I’m not into this kind of relationship. I like guys better though.”

“This is not about you. This is about her. I’m just predicting Bomi’s unnie feeling. I might not be 100% correct.”

“So this is like your situation? Except that I’m in Eunji’s shoes?”

Feeling a little flustered at the leader’s straight forward words, Naeun replied,

“Why would you be in her shoes? You have smaller feet than Eunji’s unnie to be very honest.”

“I have no words. That was the dumbest theory ever.”

“Why! I am not dumb. You ask me for a favour and I’m just telling you what I think,”

“Alright the feisty one. You might wake up the others with that voice.”

The other members begin to wake up one by one.

Chorong was still thinking about what Naeun said just now in her head. It’s not that Chorong hated Bomi in any way, but just the thought of being lovers seems weird to Chorong. Chorong herself couldn’t ask for a better like Bomi. She has always considered Bomi as one of her treasured friend, and she didn’t want to ruin that special relationship. After thinking about it for a really long time, Chorong have come to a decision;

“I will just be more open-minded from now on. I will let fate decide what’s best of us.”

~

After that night, Chorong was very cautious around Bomi, not wanting to give her the wrong message. Bomi also felt that Chorong have been keeping her distance with her. Chorong however, have been trying hard to keep her mind open. It wasn’t easy to suddenly switch mind set, so she thought she should approach it slowly, but surely.

Bomi on the other hand, felt a little regretful “confessing” to Chorong. She thinks that Chorong is against it and now trying to build a wall around her to avoid Bomi.

Somehow that night, it was only the two of them left in the living room, sitting on the couch, after each member decides to have an early night.

“Great, this is a good opportunity for me to explain myself,” Chorong thought to herself.

Feeling the awkward atmosphere Bomi, tried to escape by making her way to her bedroom as well, but she was stopped by Chorong.

Chorong reached out her hand for Bomi’s and ask her to get back to sit.

“Bbom ah,”

[Bomi] She’s always calling me that when we’re alone. It felt really nice hearing it again after a while.

“I have something to say to you. Where do you think you’re going~,” Chorong says cutely with a little aegyo with an attempt to lift the atmosphere a little.

[Bomi] Oh my god. Here we go again. Park Chorong is back to kill my puny heart.

“Really? I thought you wanted to ignore me totally,” Bomi replied coldly.

[Bomi] . That comes off ruder than I expected it to be.

Chorong shakes her head as a sign of disagreement.

“I have thought about it really deeply, and I have come to a decision that I will keep an open mind.”

“That means you’re willing to give it a chance?”

“We’ll see how it turns out in the future,”

“Thank you so much. For even considering it,” Bomi says as she approaches Chorong for a hug.

A/n: As you guys know, this all happen when they haven’t had debuted yet.

Debut

Everyone was more focused than ever for their upcoming debut that is just about 3 months more. For Apink, those 3 months was the most difficult one yet. Their minds were just on how to be a perfect group in terms of vocals and dance. Practice got longer and longer and the girls were so drain by the time they head back to their dorm. There seems to be less talking happening because they barely had time to even consume their meals. It doesn’t matter if you’re the eldest or even the main vocal, if you do not perform up to standard; you’re bound to get scolded. Even if you fall, you get back up again and run twice as fast to keep up with the pace. Any mistake now and you’re out.

Despite how tired they are, how busy they were, at the end of every day, Bomi would never fail to go up to Chorong and say, “You’ve worked hard today”

Knowing that their leader was the weakest in terms of vocals, Bomi thought that it was important to constantly encourage her leader, as she’s always receiving harsh remarks for the singing ability.

Chorong always feel guilty whenever Bomi says that as she thought that everyone was working equally hard, but it was true that she was pointed out often. Those words was what kept Chorong going despite the harsh remarks she received. It drives her to work harder, harder than everybody else. At the end of the day, she looks forward for Bomi’s encouraging words.

“Maybe she’s right. I did work the hardest out of all,” Chorong says to herself.

With that determination, they set out for their debut stage.

 

A/N: Hi guys! I’m finally on holidays and have the time to update my story. Sorry it was a little too late. I actually have finished writing this chapter a few days back, but I decided not to update with respect to the passing of Ladies’ Code EunBi and RiSe.

To be very honest, I was really devastated. I am a fan of Ladies’ Code ever since they released “Pretty Pretty” and RiSe was my first ever bias from LC although I switched it to Ashley after their Kiss Kiss promotions. It was just too saddening. They were both so young and Ladies’ Code had so so much more potential. It’s sad to know that I can’t hear more of EunBi’s or RiSe’s voice in the future. L

#RIPEunB #RIPRiSe