We'll be Okay

We'll be Okay

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter Three

 

 

 

 

 

Taemin opened the door to his room. He stood there in the doorway, hands on his hips, huffing. Mess, the mess. If only he’d follow his mother’s advice to hire a maid of sort. He wasn’t particularly messy, but days of not being tidied, any room would look like a battlefield. It wasn’t like he didn’t tidy things either, but there were always days he didn’t have the time to do anything but studying and sleeping.

He closed his eyes for a while, trying to not let small things like this to get under his skin. He promised himself to start tidying his place tomorrow.

That, except Jongin did it for him.

 

 It had started again, Jongin’s peculiar behavior.

 

Now there were a couple things Taemin took note of, things that either wasn’t there before, wasn’t like this before, or wasn’t supposed to be like how it was.

One, Jongin was inside his room, moving around. When did he get in even?

Two, Jongin tidying. Jongin did not tidy. Not before, not ever. Not his own house or room.

Three, Jongin did a thing that was not for him.

So when he opened his eyes to Jongin pulling and pushing his bed sheet, stacking his books, pulling open his curtains, and turned around to grin brightly at him, Taemin asked.

“Is something wrong?”

Jongin’s smile faltered, but he soon regained his composure and smiled again, albeit not as bright. “Nothing. How do you think I did? Is it ok?” Jongin looked around, his eyes widened at the sight of a pencil eraser at the floor. He snatched it and put it to its place on Taemin’s working table, all in fast movement. He then stood up straight again, smiling at Taemin expectantly. Seconds passed and Taemin didn’t respond, only blinking at him. Jongin started to bit his lip and eventually looked down to his feet.

“I just wanted to help.” Jongin mumbled, playing with the hem of his school shirt and sounding sad. Taemin wondered if Jongin was on his period.

 

He understood that the younger wasn’t in his best state, his love being unrequited and all that, but it didn’t have anything to do with his emotions to be on a rollercoaster now, did it? Didn’t miserable love life cause you to be gloom? Not that he wanted Jongin to, but Jongin would switch from all cheery to sobbing in a moment; how the hell to deal with that?

And THE peculiar behavior. He had thought the morning kiss was bad enough, he was so wrong. Jongin for the first time ever had walked him to class. It had been happening every morning now. From the gate Jongin kept on bumping their arms together, a few times he had squeezed Taemin's wrist when he laughed lightly about unimportant things, and his touch had lingered (Taemin tried to brush off the fact that he felt good about it). A few days ago he forced Taemin to eat lunch with him when he knew Jieun was waiting for Taemin. True, they hadn’t eaten lunch just the two of them in a while (it had been lunches with Jieun for Taemin and lunches with classmates for Jongin), but it was just a while, and Taemin was trying to get a girlfriend here, for god’s sake!

He also got easily flustered, even when Taemin ruffled his hair, which was a very usual gesture. Taemin didn’t like the change, (he liked it, but he thought things could end badly somehow if the younger not stopping) and he wanted the old Jongin back. Taemin hadn’t talked it out with Jongin yet, every time felt like the wrong time and he feared Jongin would react negatively.

Like now.

He shouldn’t have asked.

“You clearly didn’t know how to,” he said, “But for a first, I’m pretty much impressed,” Jongin looked up, eyes wide. There, the unnecessary reaction again. Taemin gave him a crooked smile, “Thanks, Jongin-ah,” Things would be hard indeed, and he was gonna have to it all up. The things he did for his best friend.

 

Jongin beamed at him.

He sighed.

 

Real hard.

 

Jongin went home at eight, leaving Taemin and his thoughts alone. and he used it to think over things happening around him. There were two major things that had been occupying his mind, and none were school related. Third-year student, my .

First off, Kim Jongin.

He really couldn’t deny it now, he did feel a bit of jealousy when Jongin told him he had fallen for a man. The first days he thought it was normal, how he felt. Since Jongin never really settled down with one girl, Taemin would always come first in the younger’s priority. Now that there were feelings and heart involved, Taemin probably wouldn’t be first anymore and he didn’t like it. Nobody would like to be replaced.

but it was different.

Jongin had talked about the man for one time only. Then he never brought it up again, and he never asked about his progress with Jieun either. When they were together they just didn’t talk about their love, and Taemin kept it that way. He did it for Jongin’s sake, he’d like to think. He didn’t want to make it harder for Jongin. But the more he thought about it the more he realized how false it was. Because beside he cared about Jongin’s feelings, he didn’t want to get hurt.

He didn’t tell Jongin anything about Jieun because in return, Jongin would probably tell him about whatever other man Jongin was in love with and Taemin found himself refusing to hear it. He didn’t want to know, or hear, or think about it. He knew this wasn’t how he should felt and he felt awful.

What makes him feel the worst though was how he felt about Jongin’s new habits. He’d never say it out loud, but he liked the affection Jongin was giving him. He knew it was just Jongin’s way to cope up with his heartbreak; he knew he was just a replacement of sort to Jongin. But it was comforting, and warm, almost like…

No.

 

Things working out well with Jieun, though. Jieun surprising doing okay with the attention she was getting. Because of the ‘lunch-together’s, people started to notice her as ‘the girl Lee Taemin has chosen’. He thought everyone was exaggerating and it annoyed him, he really didn’t want Jieun to scare away before he made his move but she didn’t. he should’ve expected it, really. Jieun was mature for a girl their age, she didn’t sweat hair dos or cool guys at school, she was smart and clever. “Reputation don’t really matter; it’s how you see yourself that counts, I think,” Jieun had told him one day when he apologized for people’s stupid little discussion behind her back. Of course she wouldn’t give one of what people say about her.

He had felt, for the lack of better word, lucky. Jieun was perfect; smart, beautiful, wise. What else you’d expect from a girl? He wished he met Jieun earlier. But no matter, he’d get her sooner or later. He was somehow grateful that Jieun wasn’t famous. Because really, any guy would definitely chase her down (he’d still fight for her, don’t get him wrong. That’d just be much more exhausting). Although none of those guys deserve her, nope.

Her really couldn’t wait to make her his.

Maybe that was why he liked the affection Jongin was showering him with?

Because he couldn’t wait to do so with a certain somebody?

Then this all confusing thing would end when he had Jieun, right? He hoped so.

 

His phone buzzed, there was a new message.

From: Jieun

Taemin-ah! Asleep yet?

 

Fate. Jieun was so going to be his future life partner.

 

Hey :) No, not really. What’s up?

 

From: Jieun

Do you have time tomorrow? I gotta get some books, Suji can’t go, she has appointment for her part-time job :(

 

Good. Baek Suji had to get more of part time jobs appointment.

 

Just saying.

 

I have time, sure.

 

I’d still go with you even though Suji could go.

See you :)

 

 

::

 

 

 

Jieun found the books she needed, apparently starter books of the major she would take for college. He admired her even more, and ended up buying some books himself. He offered to bring Jieun’s books, it looked heavy. Jieun though, insisted to bring it herself.

“It’s okay, Taemin-ah. It’s not really heavy. I can handle my own shopping bags,” she smiled cheerily.

Independent. Wow. Was that girlfriend material or wife material?

 

Was this love? This should be love.

 

Was it?

 

 “There’s a good patbingsu stall three bus stops from here. What do you say?”

Jieun didn’t even think about it. “Sure.” They walked to the bus station. “If it’s not good though, I won’t eat out with you anymore. I’m picky about food.” She teased.

Taemin gasped dramatically, “But Your Highness!”

“Nu-uh.”

Taemin narrowed his eyes kiddingly and Jieun did the same.

“…Fine.” He said, “But if its good…”

“…no, okay, never mind I ever said that. I’m not picky about food, no.”

“what? Not fair! We have a deal!”

She shook her head again and again, a hint of smile on her lips.

 

He thought they could be best friends and fell in love at the same time.

 

He tripped on nothing when Jongin’s face flashed in his mind.

 

 

 

 

The patbingsu was good, Jieun said she really like it and would definitely eat here again. Taemin took proud of it. Not every day you got complimented by your crush. It was only their second date after all. It was a date, right?

Speaking of which.

“So what time your parents come home?” Taemin asked. Jieun's eye brows knitted for a second. “Around eight, why?” Taemin nodded, “Then I’ll walk you home around that time? I want to see your parents,” He said absentmindedly, “I can walk you home right? You said next time I can.” He finished his bowl of patbingsu and Jieun still hadn’t say anything that he had to look up.

“You’re going to see my parents…?” Jieun whispered, blinking in amazement.

Taemin chuckled. “Of course. I’ve been taking their daughter out, what kind of guy you think I am? That is, if you allow me to. Can I see them?” He asked, smiling kindly.

“I—sure. I was just, um,” She patted her cheeks repeatedly. It was all too cute for Taemin. She wasn’t even trying. She took a deep breath and exhaled. “Okay.”

Jieun smiled at him then, they stared at each other without saying anything, until he recognized the stare. It was… familiar.

“What are you thinking just now?” He asked, “When you look at me like this, what’s on your mind?”

“Wh—“ Jieun blushed, “I can’t tell you. why’d you ask?”

Taemin looked down at his bowl. “Jongin… he looked at me like that too, sometimes.”

Jongin had been giving him stares, weird stares. Glances too, but the stares were unnerving, he wanted to know what was on the younger’s head, really.

You’re out with a girl and you’re thinking of stupid Kim Jongin. Focus, Lee Taemin.

He got lost in thought, not noticing the apparent panic on the other’s face.

“Anyway,” he muttered, shaking the thought off. “You have plans this Saturday?”

Jieun gulped and looked away. “No, not that I know of.”

“You do though,” Taemin told her.

“I…do?”

“Yeap,” Taemin answered easily, as if answering a ‘You dance?’ kind of question. “We’re gonna catch a movie,” I’m making us official on Saturday.

“really? Are you sure?”

Taemin frowned upon seeing the doubt on her eyes. He was being playful, he expected Jieun to answer back with a joke as usual, not this. “Of course I’m sure. Have I ever been not sure about you?” he stared at her intently, challenging in a way. He knew what he said was a lot, but her doubt on him was a little irritating.

Jieun blushed and sputtered her words. “N-no. Sat-Saturday will be great.”

Taemin’s features softened, but the intense gaze remained. “It will.” he said, taking Jieun’s hand in his. “It will.”

 

 

Jieun’s place was pretty big, there was a garden with a small waterfall in a corner. It was the kind of house that’d make you want to stay home all day. Jieun was inside, calling her mother. He was guessing which one was the window to Jieun’s room when she and her mother came out.

Jieun’s mother was… nothing like he had imagined her to be. With a daughter like Jieun, he thought Mrs. Lee would be a housewife, but instead she wore a very fashionable working suit, although one word out from her and he knew right away who Jieun inherited her gracefulness from.

Taemin greeted and bowed politely, apologizing for he could only take her home at such hour. Jieun’s mother looked very young as well, and seemed opened minded, the modern kind of parent. She told him that it was fine, and that Jieun usually arrived home a lot later when she hung out with her girl friends. She quick to went back in however, preparing for their dinner that Taemin had politely declined. Taemin did not miss the wink Mrs. Lee threw at her daughter. It was quiet again.

“Thanks for walking me home,” Jieun said first.

“You’re welcome. Your mom’s really nice,”

“She likes you…” Jieun mumbled under her breath, looking down to her feet.

Taemin fight off the smug grin splaying on his face. “Really? That’s good. I wonder if her daughter feels the same tough.”

Jieun’s caught-off-guard expression and dusted pink cheeks was enough to help him sleep well tonight.

“I should get going,” he said before Jieun could reply, and sneaked a peck on the corner of her lips. He ran to the gates and turned around last minute, only to find Jieun still on her spot and holding her lips slightly. He snickered. “Jieun-ah!” The said startled and looked at him. “See you on our date!”

 

 

 

::

 

 

 

“are you seriously back-hugging me right now?”

“Mhmm, deal with it.”

“why would I.”

“this or I’m gonna cry to you at lunch on Monday.”

 

Taemin refrained himself from being lethal towards his best friend considering where they were.

It was Friday, and right when he stepped out of his class to go home and had his beauty nap, Jongin showed up out of nowhere and draped his arm on Taemin’s shoulder. Let’s go see that Marvel movie was all he said before dragging him to the theatre. so here they were, lining for the tickets, along with many hetero couples and a few gay couples. Which Taemin was sure how most people assumed of him and Jongin right now. He just wished none of Jieun’s friend would see.

 

“I haven’t punched anyone for a while, care to volunteer?”

“You’ve never punched anything.”

“Kim Jongin. let go.”

“I’m gonna hug you at the theatre.” Jongin said in a tone you couldn’t talk back to, playful attitude put aside, “I’m gonna hug you now and hug you later. I’m gonna hug you with or without people around. I’m gonna hug you on the couch, I’m gonna hug you here and everywhere else, and I’m gonna hug you as you sleep. I am going to hug you.” he sounded final, “So deal with it.”

Taemin’s head hurts.

 

(His heart too, was pounding abnormally fast on Jongin’s abrupt personality switch, and what he had said.)

 

He sighed. Lately sighing and huffing was all he did when Jongin was around.

“You know, when I told you I’ll be here, I didn’t mean you could do anything you want with me.”

“Too late.”

 “Whatever,” He gave up. “Let’s just get this over with.”

 

 

 

 

The Avengers was the best superheroes movie Taemin had watched so far. It was pretty much like Transformers, wicked effect, lame plot; no real meaning behind it. He liked the way each hero’s strength was shown, unlike, say, Xmen the movie. Jongin hated that  they nerfed Loki though, they made it like Loki have no power and such. Loki was his favorite Villain after all; fab hair, fab dress. He cherished this kind of conversation with Jongin; when the taller was just a high school boy who liked to blabber about , and not a melancholy man who’s heart was wounded.

 

He’d be able to catch more detail if Jongin wasn’t leaning on his shoulders the whole movie. He didn’t know why it bothered him so much, but it did. Jongin had nuzzled a lot, trying to make himself more comfortable and not minding people. Not minding Taemin. And Taemin didn’t even realize he was leaning back until people started to stand up and leave, and he had to lift his head from Jongin’s head. The younger also seemed unreasonably happy, there was a skip on each of his steps, albeit this time around Taemin didn’t mind to question the behaviors, the last time he did Jongin almost cried in his room.

“Do you want to eat out since we’re out or eat at your place?” The younger asked.

Jongin also tend to use sweet and careful tone to Taemin when he was happy. Taemin wanted to snap I’m not your bloody girlfriend ing stop talk to me like that but he again, decided to not to. All these, he had to keep to himself because Jongin was in a heart break, although he started to question his sanity as to why he freakin said what he had said.

When he said he’d be there, he really didn’t know he would end up with a dilemma of his own. Jongin’s touches were burning.

“Taemin-ah,” Jongin tried again. clearly not getting the attention he wanted, he slipped his hand in Taemin’s; holding it and seemed to not letting go for a long span of time.

Christ.

“Let’s just order Chinese and eat at my place,” Taemin said as he cleared his throat.

Jongin nodded happily, “Ok, I like Chinese.”

“Mhmm, that’s why you liked Luhan,” Taemin joked and took a glance at Jongin, who looked like he was ready to burn down the whole theatre. Apology was ready to pour out of Taemin’ lips but Jongin cut him off. “Don’t.

 

Taemin walked home with his head hung low and hand almost crushed in Jongin’s iron grip.

 

 

 

 

They entered Taemin’s place around seven. Jongin let go his hand when they took shoes off. Mute Jongin slumped his body on the couch in front of the TV afterwards, zapping through the channels and not once looking at the older. Taemin let him be and went to his room, getting ready for shower.

Their food arrived not long after he finished. He paid for it and brought it to the small eating table in his kitchen, setting up the cutlery. Once he was done he called Jongin for dinner. They ate in silence, Jongin didn’t even say the usual ‘have a nice meal’. Taemin had enough.

“Jongin-ah, you know I was kidding, I told you I’m sorry,”

He wanted to be mean and just kick Jongin out because what the hell, it was his place. He wanted to talk like his usual self, is wrong with you, Jongin but he couldn’t. Partly because the younger would probably hate him for the rest of his life. He felt like a housewife got busted from doing whatever thing his husband told him not to. Partly because he had the urge to talk tenderly to the other; an urge he couldn’t explain.

Jongin looked at his watch. “Two hours and three minutes,”

“Jongin?” He said confusedly.

“It took you two hours and three minutes to talk to me.”

 

Taemin dropped his chopsticks harshly on the table. “YOU’RE the one giving me cold shoulders. You told me don’t, so I didn’t pester you although I end up apologized anyway. I won’t ask you why you’re sweating such a petty thing, but I am not the one who breaks your heart, Jongin, so don’t you dare blame it all on me.”

He stood up, not expecting Jongin to grip his upper arm strong and spun him around, standing up as well.

“Are you ing serious?” Jongin questioned furiously. But Taemin had stopped listening.

“Get angry all you want, but news flash: I have my limit.”

He stormed to his room, slamming the door hard enough to break it. Jongin could do whatever he wanted, he didn’t want to care anymore.

One full hour of silence and another slam was heard.

 

Jongin had left.

 

Taemin stood on his feet in an instant, mind racing at the thought Jongin wandering out at night in anger; it wouldn’t end well. Bad things could happen; bad things would happen, dammit! He ran out but stopped when he spotted Jongin’s backpack on the couch, along with his wallet and his phone. He sighed in relief. Jongin left his belonging, he wouldn’t go for long, or far, right? He knew Jongin really well; the younger never slipped money on his pockets, always neatly placed on his wallet. No money, no phone, no nothing. Jongin surely would come back soon. He lay down on his bed again, listening if there was sound of knocking on his door.

 

An hour passed and Jongin hadn’t return, Taemin was worried. What happened? Was he okay? Sure he was okay, Taemin, Jongin was no Kyungsoo, he knew how to take care of himself. He better did.

Two hours passed, Jongin hadn’t returned and Taemin started pacing. Where are you? Why aren’t you back yet?

Another half an hour passed and still no sign of Jongin, Taemin rushed out to look for him.

 

Okay, maybe he had crossed the line. Maybe he shouldn’t have said it. He’d take it back. He’d take everything back. But Jongin needed to come back, it was late.

 

He looked at the nearby park, it was empty and even the lights were off.

 

Jongin also weren’t at the 24-hours café Taemin used to be.

 

He wasn’t at the bus stop.

 

Taemin started to call out for Jongin, probably waking the neighbors in the process but he couldn’t care less. Maybe Jongin would hear him. Maybe Jongin would come to him this way. His mind was racing; he couldn’t stop thinking of the worst possibilities.

Had something happened?

Was he hurt?

Was he in danger?

 

 

 

I’m sorry.

 

Please come back, I’m worried.

 

Jongin.

 

 

 

He didn’t know how long he had been out, by the time he gave up and walked back to his  apartment his feet was numb and he couldn’t feel his anything. He took off his shoes. It was cold outside and he didn’t wear a jacket. He wanted to call Jongin’s parents, just to make sure that maybe Jongin was home and safe, but the risk; if Jongin wasn’t home and Mrs. Do found out about him missing, she’d panic.

 

 

“You left your door opened.”

 

Jongin was sprawled on his couch, holding his remote and watching his TV.

 

“You’re living alone, shouldn’t be so nonchalant about security, don’t you think?” Jongin didn’t once even glance at him. His tone was distracted, bored, as if he hadn’t just went missing and almost causing someone a heart attack.

 

I was shouting your name everywhere outside.

 

He dug his nails to his palms, tone as low as ever.

 

Do you know how you ing—” he shut his eyes tight, not wanting to have a part in a losing fight.

 

“I hope you’re happy.”

 

He walked pass Jongin to the kitchen, who stared at him wide-eyed, a glint of guilt flashed for a split second but Taemin refused to see it; if Jongin wanted to act immature then two can play the game.

 

He was so angry he could practically hear his blood boiling. He made loud noises every time he moved; stomping, slamming the cupboard, dropping the mug to the sink dramatically. Fine, Jongin could sleep on the couch tonight. Or the balcony, whatever floats his boat. He figured he’d just go to his room and lock it off. He was about to do just that, but there in the doorway Jongin stood unmoving with shoulder a bit sagged, startled at Taemin’s sudden turn. Taemin didn’t know how long Jongin had stood there, since he didn’t know how long he’d been gripping tight onto the edge of the kitchen counter himself, but it wasn’t his business and he didn’t care.

Moving forward to go pass Jongin, he saw Jongin opened his feet wider on the floor, shoulder lifted, trying to look intimidating or maybe bigger, in an almost animalistic way. He would laugh hard if he wasn’t fuming. Jongin looked so constipated and primitive and dumb at the same time, the absurdity of the situation almost make him cry.

 

The doorway to the kitchen was fairly small, Jongin didn’t need to do the jungle-kind of ministration to prevent anyone to get through.

“Move.—”

“—I’m sorry.”

 

So now the scary grizzly bear asked for forgiveness. He wanted to dip Jongin’s face in the sourest strawberry cake because that was so not the attitude to apologize.

If he wasn’t fuming, that was.

 

He stared at Jongin with half-lidded eyes; not the sultry one, but the ‘ off you don’t deserve a place in my sight’ one.

 

“I’m done with you, Jongin.”

He was about to push Jongin when said boy closed the two meters between them and hugged him stiffly, but tightly.

“You’re not,” Jongin said hurriedly, his voice wavered and unsettling. “I’m—I was wrong. You joked about my feeling so easily like its nothing to you—I mean!” Taemin felt Jongin swallowed, “—I overreacted and I know and I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you cold like this—I didn’t know you’ll look for me—” Taemin took a deep breath to retort because how the hell could he not worried, are you crazy, but Jongin merely crushed their body together even closer, “And I’m stupid. But I’m sorry. I won’t do it again, I promise.” One of Jongin’s hands flew to Taemin’s head and pressed it further to his neck, “Please forgive me.”

That was such a heartfelt apology, Taemin thought. Beside the night Jongin (finally) told him that he was gay, he had never heard such thing from his best friend. Even more, as weird as it sounded there was a sheer layer of panic the whole time the younger spoke. Of course Jongin was going to be forgiven, they both knew Taemin couldn’t be angry for long at his best friend.

But,

Jongin still needed to pay for it.

“I’m sorry about Mulan,” Taemin muttered finally. Right when he spoke Jongin’s grip loosened, but tightened again at the mention of Mulan. Whether it because the wrong name (again) or the mere mention of Luhan itself Taemin wasn’t sure. He tangled his ten fingers at the small of Jongin’s back loosely. “I talked harsh too. So… I forgive you. Although,” he paused, “It was a tiny bit too much, don’t you think?”

“Too much?” Jongin mumbled to his hair, head tilt to the side a little, much like Kyungsoo would if he was confused.

“Yeah,” Taemin unlaced his fingers and wound one arm around Jongin’s torso, while the other went down to search for a napkin on the mini dining table on their left.

Jongin, acknowledging that tone Taemin had used slowly stepped back and took a safe distance.

“Do you know how ing cold it was, running around with only a t-shirt out there, Jongin?” he said in an awfully creepy sweet voice.

“Oh God,” The younger squeaked.

“Right, you need God’s help this time around,” he slapped the napkin to the air, hinting on what he was going to do with it, and hold one end with both hands, then his right hand move slowly to the other end a couple times.

Jongin escaped to the other side of the table, running in circle with Taemin close on his feet who kept on shouting profanities such as ‘I WAS CALLING OUT YOUR NAME LIKE A DYING WHALE AND YOU WERE SITTING ON MY ING COUCH’ and, ‘IF I CAN’T ING TALK FOR DAYS WHAT COULD YOU DO TO FIX IT’ and ‘WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE MAKING ME WANDERING AROUND TOWN LIKE A RETARD ON MIDNIGHT’ all the while slapping the napkin, aiming at Jongin, with little to no success.

 

 

 

“Where were you?”

 

They were huddled on Taemin’s bed, Jongin spooning him as he had said he’d do back on the theatre. Well he better be making himself useful for what he had caused Taemin to go through. He didn’t know what time it was anymore. Probably morning already. Didn’t matter. He had Jongin now, warming him. It was nice. His skin had been freezing, Jongin’s body warmth helped more than anything. Jongin had apologized again and hug him for what felt like hours in the kitchen and made Taemin felt like an idiot, though comfortable. They had changed to warmer clothing and were ready for slumber to take them.

“Back of the building,”

Ah right, hadn’t thought of it.

“What did you do there though?”

Jongin buried his face deeper to Taemin’s hair. “What do you think I’d be doing,” he said, “Something that I cannot let you see or hear.”

Taemin frowned. “Why?”

“I’m embarrassed,”

“I don’t think there’s anything embarrassing about you that I haven’t seen, but fine, I won’t ask.”

There was a pause where Jongin just drew invisible circles on his stomach with calloused finger soothingly. It was a pleasant feeling, Jongin’s warm breath on his neck, Jongin’s warm chest on his back, Jongin’s hands, Jongin’s legs tangled with his own. Jongin.

“Thanks for looking out for me,” Jongin whispered, somehow shy.

“I feel stupid now that I think about it.”

Jongin’s grip tightened on his waist. “Don’t say that.”

Okay, he wouldn’t. As long as they stayed like this.

“Earlier… when you said you’re…done with me,” Jongin said carefully, “You didn’t mean it, did you?” the thumb had stopped.

 

Was this what the whole panic and threatened look in his voice earlier…

 

“No,” he answered truthfully. “I was just… angry, I guess. I tend to spill out irrational things when I’m mad, you know me.”

The younger’s body went lax again, the thumb picking up where it had left earlier.

“Okay.” Jongin replied contentedly.

 

 

He might or might not have imagined Jongin kissed the shell of his ear.

 

 

 

 

„Chapter Three”