Chapter 8: Try To Love Her

Trying To Move On
Eunji woke up. She headed out of her room and went to the kitchen.
 
 
"Where's umma?" she mumbled while scratching her head.
 
She was about to open the fridge when she noticed a sticky note. She read it.
 
 
  'Eunji dear, I went to your aunt's house.
  I'll come back this afternoon.'
     -Umma.
 
 
She opened the fridge and took out the fresh milk. She grabbed a glass and pour the fresh milk in it.
She dropped the glass of milk onto the table and opened the fridge again to take some eggs. She will make a scrumbled egg for her breakfast.
 
After she ate her breakfast, she went to the bathroom to take a shower. Then after that, she changed her clothes into a school uniform. She combed her hair then took her bag and headed out of their house.
 
She locked the door. She don't have to left the key because her mother have a spare key.
 
She jumped a little when she saw Sunggyu sitting on their little stairs.
 
 
"Sunggyu-oppa? What are you doing in there?"
 
Sunggyu looked behind and smiled a little. He stood up and grabbed Eunji by the wrist.
 
 
"Where are we going? I have class today." She asked.
 
"Is it okay if I take you to your school every school days?" he asked.
 
She looked at him confusingly.
 
"Why?"
 
"I don't know. So, what's your answer?"
 
"Okay."
 
 
She looked at her wrist that Sunggyu still holding it.
 
"Uh.. Oppa, you don't need to hold me."
 
Sunggyu noticed it and quickly let go of her hand. He chuckled awkwardly.
 
 
"S-sorry."
 
 
They walked quietly that makes Eunji a little awkward.
 
 
"Uh.. Oppa, did you have class today?"
 
 
He just nodded.
 
 
"Oh." she mouthed and took out her phone and started to text her friends.
 
 
 
"Yah! Watch out!" Sunggyu shouted and quickly pulled her closer to him and suddenly hugged her.
 
 
Eunji widened her eyes. She looked at their way. She realized that she almost hit by a running motorcycle.
The driver stopped the motorcycle and immediately went to their way to apologize.
 
 
"I'm so sorry."
 
 
"It's... Okay." Eunji answered, still shocked.
 
 
The driver bowed again and went back to driving.
 
 
 
"Paboya! Next time, watch your way!!" Sunggyu shouted, still hugging her tight.
 
"I don't want to lose you.." he smoothly said and his tears started to fall down. He was still hugging her.
 
 
"W-what?" She tilted her head to looked at him.
 
 
"O-oppa, why are crying?"
 
 
He pulled back to break their hug and wiped his tears.
 
 
"Just... Be careful." he said and walked away.
 
 
She just followed him behind, confused.
 
 
 
 
They arrived at Eunji's school. He faced her and smiled slightly.
 
 
"I go to our music class now. Take care, ok?" he said and walked away outside their school.
 
 
She was really confused about his actions right now. She went inside their school building.
 
 
-----
 
 
[Sunggyu's POV]
 
 
I suddenly remembered what happened to Taeyeon. When I saw Eunji was almost hit by that motorcycle, it reminds me about the past.
 
 
I stepped inside the building where I was teaching a vocal lesson to a music class. The other music teachers greeted me and I greeted back. I entered to the classroom. The students greeted me.
I can't smile today because of that memory that hurted me so much.
 
 
"Teacher Kim, why are you so sad?" my 9 years old student asked.
 
 
I faked a smile. "Ah, nothing. I'm just... tired, because... I just walked."
 
 
She just nodded and smiled.
 
 
I started the vocal lessons.
 
 
I really can't smile today. If I smiled, it's just fake. I thought, I finally get over with Taeyeon. But no, our memories together still hurting me.
 
Do I still love her?
 
I want to get over with her. I want to forget her. I want to be happy. But, how could I do that? How?
I don't want to feel this pain again that I felt right now.
 
 
-----
 
 
[Third Person's POV]
 
 
 
Eunji went behind their school building and went to their usual place where they eat their lunch.
 
 
"Eunji-ah, why you're so qiute today? Is something happened?" Bomi asked.
 
 
She just looked at her and shook her head.
 
 
"Then why you didn't talk much?" Sungjong asked.
 
 
All of them looked at her with worry face. She sigh.
 
 
"I'm just... tired." she said ang grabbed her chopstick.
 
 
 
In the middle of eating, a guy approached them. They looked at him.
 
 
"May I barrow Chorong for a moment?" he asked then he grabbed her wrist and dragged her off.
 
 
"Who's that?" Woohyun asked.
 
 
"It's Minhyuk-oppa. He was her ex-boyfriend. Don't worry about Chorong-unni, they really need to fix a problem between them." Bomi answered and ate the apple.
 
 
Eunji didn't get pay attention to them. She was thinking what happened lately when she's with Sunggyu.
 
 
-----
 
 
Dismissal.
 
 
 
"Eunji-ah, why so quite?" Bomi asked while they walking together through the hallway.
 
 
"Ah, nothing. It's just... I'm really tired."
 
 
Bomi sighed and shook her head.
 
They bid goodbye at each other when they arrived at the school gate.
 
 
Eunji was just looking at the ground while walking. When she was thinking about Sunggyu's word 'I dont want to lose you'. While she remembering that word, she feels that there were butterflies inside her stomach.
 
She stopped walking when she saw a pair of shoes beside her. She looked up.
 
 
"Sunggyu oppa?"
 
 
He just smiled.
 
 
"What are you doing here?" she asked again.
 
 
"I just want to accompany you. I don't want to happen that again." he said and started to walk.
 
She just followed him. He slowed his walk so that they could walk together.
 
 
There was a silence filled on their way, only the crickets could heard. It was 6pm. It was already dark, only the street lights are lighting their way.
 
 
The silence was broke when Sunggyu spoke, "Eunji-ah."
 
 
"Hmm?"
 
 
"Could you help me to move on?"
 
 
Eunji looked at him, confused.
 
 
"I already gave you an advice to move on."
 
 
"Not that."
 
 
"Huh? What do you mean?"
 
 
"Could I try to... love you? I really want to move on. You're the only one that have a personality like Taeyeon."
 
 
 
 
 
to be continued...