Chapter 5: Hang-Out

Trying To Move On

 

"Eunji dear! Breakfast is ready!" Her mother called.
 
"Ne! Just a minute!" Eunji shouted from her room.
 
She finally finished combing her hair and came down quickly to the kitchen.
 
"Good morning umma!" she kissed her mother on the cheek.
 
They ate their breakfast together.
After they finished eating their breakfast, they wash the dishes.
Because it's Saturday and Eunji have nothing to do, she decided to help her mother to clean their house. They finished cleaning faster by Eunji's help.
 
"Thank you my dear daughter" Her mother thanked her and wiped her sweat.
 
"It's nothing umma." Eunji said and she took out her phone.
 
She dialed Chorong's number.
 
"Hello?" Chorong said from the other line.
 
"Unni, are you busy?" Eunji asked and sat on a chair outside their house.
 
"Ne, I'm busy. I'm studying here with Yookyung and Namjoo. Mianhae." Chorong said while writing.
 
"Oh. Okay, bye." Eunji hanged up and she dials Naeun's phone number.
 
Naeun answered the call,
"Ne? Eunji-unni? Why did you call?"
 
"Do you want to hang out with me? Its kind a boring here."
 
"Mianhae unni, my mom won't let me out today. Maybe next time." Naeun said.
 
"It's Ok. Bye" Eunji hanged up her phone and she put it on her pocket.
 
She let out a sigh and thinking what she would do today.
She decided to go out with herself.
 
"Umma! I go to somewhere for a walk!" she shouted from the outside.
 
"Ok! Just take care ok?!" her mother shouted from the inside as well.
 
She stands up and walked away.
 
 
-----
 
Sunggyu was sitting on the couch and decided to go out to have some walk.
As always, he listens to music from his iPod. He was picking a song that's why he couldn't focus on his way.
 
---
 
While walking, Eunji was looking at her phone.
 
Suddenly, she bumped into someone and she almost drops her phone. She looked up and surprised.
 
"Oh?! Sunggyu oppa?! Mianhae, I'm not looking on my way." She said and bowed.
 
"It's ok. I'm not looking on my way also. Where are you going?" He asked.
 
"I'm just having a walk. By the way, do you have anything to do today?" Eunji bit her lower lip.
 
"Nothing. Why?"
 
"Do you want to hang out with me so I could know you better? If it's ok?" She asked.
 
"Sure! Where do you want to go?"
 
Eunji smiled widely.
 
"Anywhere you want to go."
 
"Alright then. How about at the park?" Sunggyu asked while they're walking.
 
"Hmm... Ok."
 
 
It was so silent while they were walking together to the park. No one was talking.
The sound of the trees that was dancing by the wind and the birds chirping were they could only here.
 
Eunji tried to break the silence.
 
"Uhm... oppa."
 
"Ne?" Sunggyu responded while he was staring at the sky.
 
"Mmmm... You're from Seoul, right?"
 
"Well, yeah. Waeyo?" He said and looked at Eunji.
 
"How many years did you stayed in Seoul?" She asked.
 
"10 years. I used to study in high school at school." He replied.
 
"Oh... So, how about here in Busan?" She asked.
 
"I was born here. My parents waited until I grow and they brought me to Seoul. I lived in Seoul alone." Sunggyu explained and tried to smile.
 
"Oh..." Eunji said and nodded.
 
 
After their conversation, the silence came again.
After a while, Sunggyu spoke.
 
"We're here!" Sunggyu said when he saw the park and he grabbed Eunji's wrist.
 
They entered to the park and sat on a bench.
 
"This place is really nice." Sunggyu said and rest his back on the bench's back support.
 
"Yeah. Did you went here before?" Eunji asked while swaying her legs.
 
"Uhh.. Yeah, since I was 11 years old." He answered.
 
 
The silence came again. No one tried to break it. The children that were playing and laughing were the only noise they can hear.
 
Sunggyu finally spoke.
 
"Eunji-ah, do you want to walk around the whole place here at park?"
 
Eunji looked at him.
 
"Ne, sure."
 
They stand up and walked around the park.
 
They're telling stories about their selves and others while strolling around.
 
 
No one talking while they were walking together. They were enjoying the fresh air touching their skin.
 
"Eunji, are you hungry? Do you want to eat?" Sunggyu asked.
 
"Hmm.. not really."
 
"Do you some ice cream? My treat."
 
"Oh. Sure."
 
They went to a store to buy ice cream.
 
"What flavor do you want?" Sunggyu asked as he grabbing his wallet from his pocket.
 
"I want strawberry."
 
 
"Ahjumma, 2 cones of ice cream please. Strawberry and chocolate flavor."
 
The ahjumma reach out the two cone of ice cream to Sunggyu and he paid it afterwards. He gave the ice cream strawberry flavor to Eunji and they stepped out at the store.
 
They went to a swing and sat on it.
 
"Oppa, don't you have any work?" Eunji suddenly asked.
 
Sunggyu looked at her.
"Uh, none. Why?"
 
"Because, you're always not busy."
 
"Oh.." Sunggyu looked down.
 
"Oppa? Did I say something wrong?"
 
He looked at her again.
 
"I don't want to."
 
"Huh? Why? You have to work to gain money and to live. Why don't you want to work?"
 
Sunggyu sighed and looked down again.
 
"Because, I don't want to work as a business man. My parents wants me to work as that one."
 
"Why don't you like that? You will be rich if you work as a business man. Don't you want a good life?"
 
"I want to live as a normal person. I want a job that makes me enjoy it. I don't want a job that makes me stress." Sunggyu said.
 
"Oh, I understand now. But, didn't you tell it already to your parents?"
 
"It's fine with my mom, but my dad doesn't. He wants me to be like him."
 
"Oh.. it's ok. Your dad will understand it soon."
 
Sunggyu sigh,
"I hope so." He got up. Eunji got up as well.
 
"Let's go home." He said and started walking, Eunji just followed him behind.
 
 
****************************************
 
 
It's kinda short update. Sorry.. 
 
I'll update later.
 
 
janehong <3