Chapter 20 (FINAL)

I Am The Prince

Hana searches my eyes for reassurance, gripping my hand tightly at her side.

“It’s okay, you can do this.  I’m right here with you,” I caress the side of her face and smile when I see her determined expresson.  She lets go of my hand and pushes the doors of the main hall slowly, standing at the end of the red carpet that leads to her parents’ seat.

I walk by her side down the crimson fabric, eyeing her parents’ face for any changes in their expression.

They simply looked at her with nothing registered.

Yookyung was by her mother’s side and Kai was standing at the bottom of the couple of steps leading to the seats.

“Mother, father,” Hana kneels in front of them while I take my place beside Kai.

He regards me with a wink and I frown, confused.

“I, as the firstborn of the Son family, by the name of Son Hana, daughter of Son Heejun and Son Eunbi, have returned home,”

Hana keeps her head lowered while her mother stands, approaching her daughter.  “Stand, Son Hana-ssi,”

Hana stands, still reluctant to meet her mother’s eyes.

“You foolish girl,” Her mother throws her arms around her daughter, startling the latter so much she had to step back to keep herself from falling.

“M-mom?”

“We’re so very sorry,” Her mother pulls away, her husband joining her side.

I gape in bewilderment.  “Wha-“

“Hey, just watch,” Kai nudges my arm.

“We actually knew you were here, nothing goes unnoticed in the grounds, after all, but we figured that you wouldn’t listen to us or talk to us if you hadn’t decided to, so we waited, and here you are,” Her father reaches out to kiss the top of her head.

“We noticed too, that you were in the castle back when we visited the Royal Family.  We saw you pass the tea you were supposed to serve us to another keeper,” Her mother, in turn, speaks.

“And the greenhouse screams you, unnie,” Yookyung adds in, grinning.  “How you trimmed the gardens too.  We’re your family for a reason, you know,”

Hana was crying by then, clutching at her mother’s dress.  “I-I’m sorry,” She sobs.  “I’m sorry for running away and for yelling at you before,”

“Aw,”Her mother chuckles, hugging her daugher once again. 

Yookyung trots over to join and the father finishes of the group hug, Hana’s sobs calming down to little sniffs.

When it breaks up, the father was first to speak.  “We’ve prepared all the fees that would take you two to the school you talked about,” He grins at his daughters, who were squealing in joy.  “You just have to decide when you’ll be leaving.  The sooner the better, I say,”

“But!”

The ruckus stops and everybody turns to look at the mother.

“Would you care to explain what is going on between you and the prince here?” She smiles playfully at me.

“We’re-“ Hana clears .  “Well, we’re-“

“We’re in a relationship, ma’am,” I step towards Hana and stand by her side, bowing at her parents.  “My name is Do Kyungsoo, and I will take care of your daughter as if she were my life,”

“We’ll see about that,” The father grunts, and we all laugh.

Hana grabs both of my hands and looks into my eyes, her face glowing with excitement and joy.  “Wait for me, Kyungsoo.  Wait for me until I come back from school,”

“It’ll take 5 years, I might add,” Hana’s mother says in amusement.

I lean in to kiss Hana’s forehead and chuckle when she blushes.  “I will,”

With those words, Kai and I leave for home and report to our mother.  All the things that happened reached her ears and with exactly the same tone and expression as Hana’s mother’s, she said;

“We’ll see,”

5 YEARS LATER

“Which flight did you say she was on?” I speak to the phone, looking for a parking lot.

‘Ah sorry about that hyung, she went for an earlier flight.  She’s supposed to be taking her luggage now,’ Kai speaks in the phone.

I yell a loud row of curses at him and hang up at his laugh, parking just about anywhere and running towards the luggage exit.

I was wearing a hat, and I smile when I see her pull her suitcase with her, her slim frame wrapped in a white coat and her hair noticeably sparkling.  But hey, that’s just me being in love.

“Excuse me, miss, do you need help?” I ask her, careful to cover my eyes with the front of my hat and changing my voice to prevent her from reognizing me.

“Ah no, thank you,” She refuses politely and continue her progress towards the airport’s exit.

I follow her quietly until we are at the most crowded place in the whole airport, and that’s when I took of my hat.

“Do you still need no help?”

Hana turns around and gapes at me, dropping her books onto the floor.

People start recognizing me as the Prince and they crowd around us, pointing fingers and squealing in surprise.

“You dropped something,” I chuckle at her frozen state.

Instead of taking her books for her, though, I kneel in front of her and take her hand.

“Son Hana-ssi, now that you’ve comeback from your studies and after 5 years worth of waiting on my side,” I pause, chuckling along with the audience.  I pull out a velvet box from my pocket and open it for Hana to see.  “Will you marry me?”

The crowd watches in silence, the quiet tension of the question hanging in the air.

“You are so embarassing,” Hana looks away from my gaze, but smiles in clear contrast.  “You’re really asking me to marry you?”

The crowd groans in protest at Hana’s dilly-dally.

I grin.  “Was it not clear enough?” I stand up, quickly slipping the ring in her finger.  “You can take that off later on if your answer is a no.  I’ll ask you again; will you marry me, Son Hana?” I grab her by the waist and tilt my head to plant a kiss on her lips.

She pulls away quickly but then wraps her arms around my neck, leaning back in before saying the word that changed my life.

“Yes,”

 

KKEUT KKEUT KKEUT!!!!!

AH MAN

i wish someone could be that romantic towards me :(

i am so lonely

i just need somebody to love me man.

BUT WELL

YES.

ALL THE YES AND FEELS.

CLAP YOUR HANDS FOR KYUNGSOO AND HANA (A.K.A ME LOL NOPE JK)

A 20-CHAPTER STORY IS OK RITE

YES.

ILY ALL.

THANK YOU.