Chapter 19

I Am The Prince

“Yookyung,” I tug at her sleeve. 

She jumps slightly and turns to look at me in surprise.  “Prince?”

I gesture for her to come outside the room and she slips out quietly.  “What is it?” She asks.  Her eyes widen when she sees the person hiding behind my back.  “Unnie,”

“Yookyung-ah,” Hana reaches out but Yookyung flinches away, startling her sister.

“Why are you here? What if mom and dad finds out?” She frowns, looking around carefully.

“I’ve decided to announce myself,” Hana answers.  Yookyung blinks at her and shakes her head.

“No, no, you’re not.  What are you doing? You should have stayed away! I thought you were leaving again!”

Hana steps back in surprise.  “Wha-“

“Yookyung,” I cut in.  “Stop trying to take all the burden,”

The younger sister steps towards me and with her chin jut out, challenges me head-on.  “Who are you to tell me what to do? This is our family’s business and you have no right to speak at all!”

“Yookyung!” Hana scolds her sibling, the latter keeping a hard expression on.  “You do not speak to the Prince that way!”

“It’s fine,” I mask my guilt and hurt.  “I’m sorry, Yookyung.  I should know better than to interfere with your business,” I bow deeply towards Yookyung and reach out towards Hana to cup her cheek, planting a kiss on her forehead and on top of her head, smiling fondly at her face.  “I’m not going to be an idiot and keep up an argument, but know that your little sister here lied to me and told me that she hadn’t met you when you came back.  Why don’t you ask her why?”

I stride towards the building’s exit and don’t look back before I turn around a corner and find a bench to sit on.  I bury my head in my hands and heave out a heavy sigh, probably the heaviest I’ve ever heaved.

“Idiot,” I run a frustrated hand through my hair, scratching the back of my head.  “You idiot,”

What was I doing? I should have let them solve it by themselves, why do I have to go ahead and blurt out that sentence?

But they’re definitely sisters.  They have the same way of thinking.  Both of them wants to take the burden all by themselves.  Which is why Yookyung had lied about not meeting her sister when she came back.  She didn’t want to have to face her sister when she had made up her mind about letting her sister go once and for all, replacing her as the firstborn.  She didn’t want to change her mind.

Hana was the one to strike up the 50:50 responsibility deal with Yookyung, I guess.  She felt terribly guilty about leaving home and letting Yookyung go through the things she was supposed to go through instead of her and Hana probably saw how Yookyung wanted to take all the burden to herself, just for Hana to live happily.  Which is why she didn’t want to kill her sister’s determination and offered the deal.

“I wonder if they’re making up,” I think aloud.

And as if I was yelling the sentence out, I heard Hana call my name.

Looking towards the source of her voice, I clear my throat awkwardly when I see Yookyung trotting behind her.  Why did I have to kiss Hana so publicly in front of her sister, too? I am such an idiot.

“Yookyung has something to say,” Hana glances at her sister, who was keeping her head lowered.

“I’m deeply sorry for being insolent, Your Majesty,” Yookyung says quietly.  “I should have appreciated the help you offered,”

“I’m sorry too for what I said,” I smile at her and pat her head affectionately. 

Yookyung looks at me in surprise at my reaction and shakes her head with a smile.  “Unnie, you’re so lucky,”

“Lucky?” Hana frowns.

Yookyung stares at her sister incredulously.  “You two are dating, right?”

“Oh,” Hana’s face immediately reddens and she looks away, clearing .

“Dating?” I smirk playfully.  “Are we, Hana?” I step towards her and grin when I see her step away.

“I-I don’t know,” She  shrugs, eyeing my feet.  Hana then quickly turns around to run away from me.

“Hey, are we?” I trot to chase her.

She turns to face me, running backwards.  “Hey, I’m the one who already told you I like you! You’re the one who hasn’t conf- Ah!”

Her heels hit a lump on the ground and she stumbles backwards, shutting her eyes to brace herself for impact.  I quickly reach out in reflex and grab her by the wrist, my other arm wrapping around her waist to pull her close to me.

“I haven’t, haven’t I?” I lean close to her face, making her shy away from my gaze.  “Well, I like you, Son Hana-ssi,” I tilt my head to the side, brushing my lips against hers.  “Very much,” I said as I kissed her for the second time of the day, grinning into the kiss when I see her eyes squeezed shut and her cheeks tinted with red.

“i’m so jealous,” I hear Yookyung exclaim, and I pull Hana upright after the kiss, setting my arm on her shoulder.

“Are we dating now, Son Hana?” I whisper at her ear, winking at Yookyung, who was having total fun watching her sister frustrated and flustered.

“Yeah,” Hana squeaks.  “We are, I guess,”

I could see the smile she was trying to hide and bonk my head with hers gently.  Yookyung and I chuckle and Hana sighs contentedly, a smile evident on her face now.

“We still have things to do, though,” I pull Hana close to me, hugging her from the side reassuringly.  “Are you ready?”

Yookyung meets my eyes and nods, going in first to gather their parents in the main hall.  “Be there in exactly 10 minutes,”

We both watch Yookyung disappear behind the doors and look at each other, determination highlighting Hana’s eyes.

“Let’s do this,”

 

MAN SO MUCH FLUFF WHY DO KYUNGSOO WHY

DO YOU NOT RECOGNIZE MY EXISTENCE