[PART ONE]

Dream-catcher Collection

Do You-Yiruma->Listen

He quietly watched her from his standing position as she twirled in the scenery, the lush alpines decorating the grounds. She glanced back at her idle companion and gave him a sweet smile that startled his heart. He tried to calm himself by lightly patting his chest and ushering silent words to himself. 

She ignored his reactions and blissfully ran barefoot down the river meadow, her heart jumping with ease and unfettered excitement. 

"Follow me." She gestured with her arms, and he immediately followed after her.

She was 19, and he was 20 during that time. 

But when he was 5, she was also 19. 

An immortal dream-like being who lived in his night-world, she was someone who became very dear to him. And as he chased after her down the riverbank which lined with rows of wild parsnip, a gentle smile curved on the corner of his lips. "This time..this time I will be able to touch you." He thought happily to himself as he hurriedly reached for her hand.


The alarm clock ringed on Park Chanyeol's table stand, and he groaned in distaste as he slapped the clock to snooze. He swallowed something dry and unpleasant in his mouth and then gradually shifted open his eyes, only to be welcomed by an unfriendly ray of yellow light shattering through his window pane. "Mornings...I absolutely hate them.." 

He sat up from his bed and noticed, as he looked forward, that his roommate was already gone to his morning class. Soon, Chanyeol would need to attend his classes as well. 

But his thoughts wandered through his mind.

"The same dream again...but I could never touch her." He scratched his elbow simultaneously while wrinkling his brow in deep thought. "It's been 15 years already, and she still appears every night." 

He fell in a minutes worth of a daze and then scrambled his feet into his slippers. And then he quietly shuffled around his room to find clothes to change out of. 

Upon putting on a casual, gray t-shirt, he stopped and paused at his drawer. A picture laid on top of it. 

It was a warm heartfelt family of two. A child and his parent. Their smiles seemed to brighten the aura of the frame, and in unision with the dying ray of light, the picture appeared to glow.

"Morning, Father." Chanyeol smiled tenderly and moved his fingers across the frame, thumb lightly brushing over his father's face in the photo.

"How are you today?" He dropped his fingers and manuevered down the frame until he felt the sharp point of an ancient rock with a cryptic, circular symbol inscribed in the center. 

Chanyeol's father had been an architect, one who was very dedicated to his work. He surveyed many tombs and structural foundations of the past and studied their significance in correspondence to the art of today.

It had been just two years ago since his passing. The last gift and piece of him he gave to his son was this ancient pointed rock he found during his work, somewhere buried among the many ruins he scavenged.

"I think it may bring you luck and uncover your worries. Who knows? Whether it does or doesn't, it's still a crucial little piece, a treasure unsealed from ancient architecture. I hope the architecture continues living in you."


"And yes, this trip is an opportunity I would like all of you to take." The speaker pronounced, his voice raising in excitement. "The tombs of the Egyptian pyramids are a marvel, the treasures and ancient royalties marked by a deceased generation of kings are quite the sight to lay your eyes upon." 

Chanyeol shifted his eyes around the room, blinking twice before returning his attention back to the speaker. Middle Eastern Civilizations. What would you know? Speakers came over on a monthly basis to either tell an enlightening story about their experiences in so and so places. Or they would invite college students to take a trip over and maybe experience that same adventure. 

Chanyeol found his life routine and too familiar. He was tired of living such a mundane life, encompassed by bland joys and unchanging sequences.

"Class, I've organized a trip to the Egyptian pyramids this spring break. It's a required trip, and I demand a completed, typed up 10 page paper on civilization and culture due by the end of the break." The professor's voice resonated across the room and was returned by a series of disgruntled moans and grumbles.

"A trip to Egypt?" Chanyeol's eyes widened, and he tapped his index finger against his temple in concentration.

"Seems interesting."

A smile widened on his face, and he continued to listen to the bickerings of his colleagues and the further, detailed instructions of the elderly professor.

"I just want to seek maybe a possible someone whom I will come to love..he lies in the future."

"You're different from the others." A handsome man in dark, brown cloak was sitting adjacent from a girl in her later adolescent ages. He took an instant liking to her upon reading about her history in the Book belonging to the Cosmopoli Library. He crouched closer to her face, and the girl blushed upon seeing the man's deep, bright eyes sink into hers. Eyes that were ageless, that remained beautiful, and unmarked by time.

"Is it wrong to daydream of such things?" She pursed her lips, startled by his sudden approach. The man smiled as he sensed out the strength and courage in the girl's heart.

"No, you are not wrong at all. You are a daring young one." He responded, a light chuckle escaping his lips. The man then stood up and faced in a different direction. He was truly a beautiful creature. The girl took the time to admire his various aspects, including the structure of his well-defined face and exquisite figure.

"Turn around." He tapped the girl's shoulder and gestured for her to face the direction he was facing.

"What is it?" She inquired.

"I will grant your wish."


hey guys, heres an update. sorry it's been so long since i've written anything. 

4/14/14