Girlfriend?

Stained Glass

 

 

 

 

You space out a lot,” Hoseok said, laughing again. He laughed a lot, that was for sure.

 

“Sorry...”

 

“Nah, don't apologize. By the way, did you hear my question?” he said.

 

I shook my head, knowing that I was, indeed, spacing out during that time.

 

“Are you free today? I want to show you something I feel like you'd like,” he offered excitedly.

 

“What is it?” I asked. This wasn't like me to actually wonder about where someone would want to take me. It wasn't like me to be asked out at all.

 

“Do you like music? Listening to it?”

 

“Uh...sure,” I hesitated. I heard music around a lot in streets, on the radio, in class, but I didn't seek out music myself.

 

“Come with me then,” he said. “Call?”

 

I nodded, and he replied with, “Okay, just wait for me in your classroom after school. I'll pick you up!”



My face flushed into a heat from those words and I could only keep nodding. I had to admit, it was strange for someone to be so attached to me so fast. I had to be cautious. Who knows what else he could do to me.

 

 

 

After school, I didn't get up from my desk and watched everyone scurry away out of the classroom. Once it was quiet, I thought that maybe Hoseok forgot about me, or that he was just watching if I'd be stupid enough to actually wait for a guy I just met. Apparently, yeah, I'm an idiot.

 

I sighed as I waited five more minutes, each second making me grow more anxious. It really felt like I was set up, now. I got up from my seat at last and started packing things up. I then heard several voices approaching closer. Was it him?

 

Four guys entered the room, including Hoseok. I never saw the other four before. There was a baby faced kid, a blonde kid, a short one and a pretty faced one.

 

“Sorry I made you wait,” Hoseok said. “I had to convince someone to come along.”



“Shut up,” the blonde kid said. “I said maybe.”

 

“Wellllll you're coming now, so,” he sassily replied. “Oh, right, this is Lee Inhee.”

 

He turned to me and pointed at the baby faced kid, “That's Jeon Jungkook.”

 

Then to the pretty faced guy, “Kim Seokjin. Or Jin, for short.”

 

Then to the shortish one, “Park Jimin.”

 

“And this poop, Kim Taehyung,” he pointed at the blonde.

 

I bowed a little in recognition of meeting them, not saying another word.

 

“Let's go then!” he said.

 

 

 

We were all headed to the place, and I found that all of us didn't really know each other much. Hoseok told me that he actually just met them a little before he met me. Only Jimin and Jungkook seemed somewhat close to each other.

 

“I hope you don't mind that I brought people with me,” he said. “I didn't tell you beforehand, sorry.”

 

I shook my head, “It's okay.”

 

He smiled at me and then went over to the other guys to talk to them. Hoseok was busy talking with Jin when I noticed Taehyung turn his head to see me walking behind them. We both gave each other blank looks before he decided to fall a little behind and walk next to me.

 

“Do we make you feel uncomfortable?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Uhm...no.”

 

“You sure? I feel uncomfortable just being here,” he shrugged.

 

“Did...you not want to come?” I asked.

 

“I wasn't going to,” he said. “But eventually Hoseok convinced me to.”

 

“How?”



“He said that there were pretty girls,” he laughed. I didn't say anything and just thought about Hoseok's way of convincing. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I still was...that he was a guy after all. Where was the place he was taking me to that had pretty girls?

 

I sighed and Taehyung noticed, “I—I didn't mean it as an insult. Or anything mean.”



“N-no,” I shook my head. “It's not that.”



Giving me a tight lipped nod, he patted my shoulder in acceptance.

 

I sighed again and thought to myself, “He's probably judging me pretty hard.”

 

“Inhee-ah?” I heard Hoseok's voice, taking me out of my thoughts.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Do you want one?” he asked, lifting a box of Chocolate Pepero.

 

I shook my head, but he took one out and handed it to me anyway. With the snack in my hand, I lifted my eyes up to him.

 

“You're welcome,” he smiled.

 

I made a cringe and looked back at the Pepero. I didn't want to eat it in front of him...because...

 

Turning my head around, I stuck the stick into my mouth and quickly scraped all the chocolate off. To be honest, I had always ate it this way. It wasn't until I realized people just bit off the stick one by one that I found my way to be strange to others. I guess I was just weird that way.

 

Finishing the chocolate off the now clean, plain biscuit, I turned my head around to be surprised by Hoseok's head right in front of me.

 

“Ah!” I flinched back, stumbling back.



“AAHH!” Hoseok reacted as a reflex. “You scared me!”

 

“You—” I stammered. “What were you doing?”



“I was wondering why you just turned away,” he said.

 

I looked at my Pepero stick and stuffed it into my mouth, “No reason.”

 

He raised his eyebrows, “Should I guess why you were turning away or?”



I didn't reply, in which I could barely just make out a sigh coming from him. He perked up soon enough, as he exclaimed, “Oh, we're here!”

 

The sign read “Svpreme Dance Studio”, and I realized, at last, why he was so excited to bring us. Or anyone, probably, for that matter. “This is Svpreme,” Hoseok said. “Pronounced 'supreme' but stylized with a V.”

 

“Why'd you bring us again?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Because...why not, right?”



We entered the building, and lead into a blank, white corridor. It smelled of fresh paint and dry wall, and it was deathly quiet other than the sounds of our footsteps. Hoseok lead us through another door in which the hall widened. It was still as white and quiet, but it was at least furnished with mahogany-colored carpet versus the gray concrete in the previous.

 

All the way at the end of the hall was one large metal door. On it was a plaque that read “Svpreme Dance Studio” once more in the same style as it did outside. Hoseok stood in front, grinning widely from ear to ear. “I think you guys will like it.”


 

With the opening of the doors, we were welcomed into a large room with large windows and large lights—and large...everything. It was extra modern, looking like it was just remodeled as well, seeing the bright yellow wooden flooring were still shiny and barely scuffed.

 

“Hoseok!” a man walked out with one of his hands up high, decked out with black sunglasses, black shirt, shorts and socks.

 

“Namjoon,”Hoseok high fived him energetically.

 

“Are these the guys you recruited?”



“Well, I'll let you and Yoongi be the judge. But I think they have potential.”



Namjoon, the sunglasses guy, nodded, “They look pretty capable. The girl though? No offense, of course.”

 

“Oh, I...uh...thought it would be unique to bring a girl to this,” Hoseok looked at me. I was still pretty confused at this moment and decided to let things be explained later on. This was a dance studio? What made him think I, or any of us, could dance?

 

“Kim Namjoon,” he shook the other guys' hands first. When he reached me, he took his sunglasses off to reveal his brown eyes and slightly smiled, “One of the founders of this place.”



He turned back to Hoseok and said, “Should we introduce them to the rest of the crew before anything else?”

 

Agreeing, we were lead into a similarly sized room, although here was teeming with people dancing and music blasting from all angles. And mirrors. A lot of large, wall-sized mirrors.

 

“Donghyuk,” Namjoon called out. A young looking boy hunched over a laptop with his hood over his head looked towards us. He nodded in greeting and focused back onto his laptop quickly, but he must have realized there were five strangers behind when he looked back over. Stretching his legs out from sitting crossed legged, he got up and placed his laptop on the chair.

 

“What's up?” he said, pushing the hood off that was covering his head.

 

“Hoseok's tentative team members are here,” Namjoon said.

 

The other boy pursed his lips and simply nodded. “Cool.” He lifted two fingers to his head and saluted us coolly. “Name's Shin Donghyuk, but I go by Supreme Boi.”



“Also one of the founders,” Namjoon laughed. “If you couldn't tell. Anyway, Hoseok and I think that we should introduce them to the rest of the people.”
“Sure,” and with a quick shout of “Yah, everyone!” Supreme Boi caught their attention.

 

It was a quick and simple introduction, but everyone seemed...decent enough. I wouldn't ever imagine myself to be in a place with so many people outside of school. There were 25-30 other people other than us, and they quickly introduced themselves, what type of dance they were best at, and whatever team/group name they were in.

 

Afterward, it resumed to the loud music and the room grew warmer by the second. Supreme Boi returned to his seat and to his laptop.

 

“I guess I should explain everything now, then,” Hoseok said, clapping his hands together.

 

Now lead into a smaller room (although still plastered with mirrors), it was a relief to get away from the loudness and musky air. One wall, the farthest one, was simply windows to illuminate the room with natural light. From the corner where they entered, we saw in the farthest corner resided studio equipment like speakers, all kinds of media players and outlets. In one other corner was a large metal fan, low. And in the last corner was...a person laying on the floor?



“Yoongi,” Namjoon pushed him gently with his foot. “Are you sleeping again?”



Yoongi didn't budge at all, causing Namjoon to curse, “I ing swear you're a rock sometimes. Get up, we have people you gotta meet.”
He only mumbled in response and turned away from Namjoon.

 

“Hyungggg~” Hoseok pleaded. “Get up!” He started shaking Yoongi violently, and it finally resulted in the boy sitting up, pushing his beanie up from his eyes.

 

“You two are so annoying,” he gave the two a look. He was still squinting, trying to adjust to the light. “I was tired. You guys just left me here.”



“It doesn't matter now,” Namjoon said, patting him on the shoulder. “Look what we finally have.”



“Kids?” Yoongi bluntly stated. “What are they, like twelve?”

 

“They're in high school,” Hoseok rolled his eyes. He turned to us, “Yoongi has a sharp tongue sometimes. He doesn't like to sugar coat things.”

 

“We like to call him Suga out of spite, sometimes,” Namjoon laughed.



He turned back to Yoongi and introduced each one of us to him. Eventually, he seemed okay with it.

 

“Can they dance?” he asked.

 

“I think...they have the potential,” Hoseok nodded. “I picked them very carefully. I think they'll like it here, so.”



“You just went with your gut?” Yoongi sighed.

 

“Hey—”

 

“Heyyyy!” a different voice called out. We looked over to the entrance and saw a energetic light brown haired girl peek through the door. She said, “I heard there's new kids!”

 

Prancing into the room, she quickly latched onto Hoseok's arm and gave a bright eye smile. I immediately frowned, and I wasn't sure why. She really seemed like those kinds of girls who bullied me. Why would I want to be involved with a place that housed theses kinds of people? I'd rather not make my life more miserable than it already is. How I actually managed to stay this long in such a large crowd of people was beyond me, now that I thought about it.

 

She let go of Hoseok for a bit and introduced herself with her limitless amount of energy, “I'm Eunji! Nice to meet you! I'm in dance group Apink~”

 

“Did you pickup the food?” Hoseok asked.

 

She nodded, “Well, duh~ And yes, I remembered to order extra spicy wings just for you.”



It was almost vomit-worthy, the way she kept acting. Was she like this 24-7? I might not even decide to stay here long enough to know.

 

“We should go eat then,” Namjoon said, pulling Yoongi up who was almost dozing off again.

 

Hoseok agreed and lead us all to the main room—the first room we entered with the large windows and extra modern furnishings. Eunji wrapped one of her arms around Hoseok's waist, and to my surprise, Hoseok replied by putting his hand on the back of her head. Then it hit me that they were, most likely, dating, and it hit me hard because I didn't even think of that possibility. For some reason, it hurt me to see it. I must have just lowered my guard around him too much just because he was nice to me.

 

I sighed and clenched my fists. I always made myself seem like a fool.

 

Staring at the food that was there, my stomach grumbled at the sight. But, for some reason I didn't feel like I needed or wanted to eat. So I stood their awkwardly as everyone else grabbed something.

 

Hoseok came over to me and asked, “Aren't you hungry? You should eat. We have more than enough, otherwise Namjoon and Yoongi will just eat it all.”
I shook my head, “I'm okay.”



“Eyyy~” he gave me a skeptical look. “You can't be this skinny, okay. Here, take my plate.” He put the plate of food in my hand and pranced off, making sure I couldn't hand it back to him.

 

Heaving a sigh, I decided I might as well eat. I saw Hoseok go back to Eunji and let her feed him some of the food, her smile never leaving her face. She ruffled his hair and pushed him playfully, telling him to get his own food. He complied easily.

 

Everything I was seeing made my appetite even worse and I could just feel the food starting to become unsettling in my stomach.

 

“What's up?” I turned to see Taehyung standing next to me. “You seem bothered.”



“No, I'm fine,” I said, staring down at my food before glancing over to Hoseok again, eventually.

 

Taehyung followed my eyesight and quickly stuck his hand in front of my eyes, blocking my view. I turned to him, surprised by his action.

 

“Who are you admiring when you can admire me?” he said, before breaking out into a snaky smile. His smile instantly disappeared when I silently looked (or glared) at him. “I'm joking.”

 

I returned a forced smile and just accepted the fact that his personality was like that.

 

“Do you know who that girl is?” I asked, the question just slipping out of my thoughts more than anything. I tried making up for my blurt, “Oh, sorry—I mean...of course you wouldn't kn—”

 

“It's pretty obvious that she's his girlfriend, right?” Taehyung seemed interested now, looking over at the two interacting. “Tch, when he said girls, he didn't tell me that they were going to be taken. I can't bel—...”

 

All the sounds tuned out of my brain again, and I was left standing there feeling confused as to why the word girlfriend coming from someone else's mouth hurt so much.

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________
 

bam 1293891024 character introductions in one chapter haha

inhee's already changing isn't she??

who's character do you like the most l ol  ol

i like yoongi's bluntness  //shot

 

comment, sub and upvote <3