Silent Affection

Stained Glass

Taehyung was silent the way to the studio. Well, it was usually only Jimin and Jungkook who were the noisiest anyway, but Jin could sense Taehyung was being extra quiet. He couldn't tell, however, if it was just the results of his 4d-ness or if something was actually wrong.

 

Jin threw an arm around the boy who was spacing out, causing the other to look at him blankly before giving a strange expression. Jin simply smiled and walked with him closely, not asking if anything was wrong in case he didn't want to talk about it and might attract the attention of the other three people.

 

Taehyung glomped onto Jin and whined, “Hyungggg.”

 

“W-what?” Jin asked, somewhat shocked at the sudden contact.

 

“I feel weird...” he said.

 

“Maybe...maybe because you're hugging me in a really unnatural way...”


He shook his head, still in the position but used a hand to point to his chest, “It hurts.”



Jin blinked and thought for a bit about what happened before. He was talking to Inhee...right?


.

.

.

Oh my gosh, Jin thought. Okay, don't jump to conclusions.

 

“Why? Did you eat something bad?” Jin was hoping it wasn't what he was thinking.

 

He shook his head. It only hurts when I think...about...something,” he said. “I don't know why, though.”



Jin blinked and stared at the ground, pondering, Taehyung...likes Inhee...doesn't he?

 

He didn't want to be the one to spread rumors so he decided to keep it to himself, only replying, “Oh, maybe it's because of something that happened?”

 

Taehyung shrugged and sighed, Jin noticing that he was glancing back at the girl in between Jimin and Jungkook, then he clenched his shirt and made an unhappy face.

 

Jin carefully thought to himself; this was definitely not a good sign.

 

 

 

When they got to the studio, things seemed normal enough until Inhee realized Hoseok was nowhere to be found.

 

“Hoseok?” Yoongi said, turning around and scanning the room, but then only letting a chuckle out. “Huh, wow, he really isn't here.”

 

“Y-you didn't notice?” Inhee gasped.

 

“I guess I was too focused?” he smiled apologetically and said, “Sorry about that. He's probably doing errands or something.”

 

Inhee raised an eyebrow, “Have you seen him at all?”

 

Yoongi shook his head again, “Focused. Or I wasn't paying attention. I don't know, Hoseok is usually here, so I don't pay attention on whether or not he's here.”

 

Inhee nodded and just sighed.

 

Yoongi pouted, “Why are you looking for him so bad?”

 

“Huuh?” Inhee froze.

 

They stared at each other for a good five seconds silently before Yoongi looked away, “...Okay, don't tell me.”



Inhee snapped out of it and played with her fingers nervously, “I...It's a personal thing...Sorry to bother you, Yoongi-ssi.”

 

She bowed and left the room, hoping to find him again. Namjoon found her leaving all dejected like, and made a confused expression.

 

“Namjoon have you seen Hoseok?” Yoongi asked.

 

Namjoon shook his head, “I haven't seen him but he texted me to say that he was busy today.

 

“Too busy to practice? What's so urgent?” Suga doubted the truth of Hoseok's claim. “Aish, this is so confusing, I give up.”

 

 

Meanwhile, Inhee, hoping to ask Eunji about Hoseok, had entered Apink's room, where they were pretty hard at work as well. She didn't want to bother anyone, so she was about to leave until Eunji spotted her.

 

“Wait!” she said, running up to Inhee, panting a little. She smiled and asked, “You don't come here often, what's up?”

 

“Nothing...sorry to bother you,” Inhee said, but Eunji wasn't having any of that.

 

“Did you want to ask me about something?” she guessed.

 

Inhee blinked a few times and gave in. After all, she did really want to apologize to Hoseok. “Um...yeah, just have you seen Hoseok?”

 

“Did he not come?”

 

Inhee shook her head. What, even his sister didn't know where he was?

 

“Wow, that's strange. He always comes,” Eunji shook her head. “Say, you do know Hoseok and I are related, right? Siblings.”

 

Inhee blushed remembering that one evening she basically told Hoseok she assumed Eunji and him were a thing, and stammered out, “U-uh yeah I do...”

 

“Okay,” she giggled. “Just in case. We get misconstrued a lot because we don't look alike.”

 

Inhee smiled back at Eunji, glad she was clearing things up herself. All the first impressions of the elder was completely gone now. Inhee found that she was a really nice person, honestly. Maybe that was where Hoseok got his nice personality from, too.

 

 

 

Nevertheless, Hoseok didn't show up to Svpreme at all in the afternoon. People were beginning to leave after practice, which of course, meant Inhee would be able to dance for herself, by herself. She entered one of the smaller rooms again, and made sure to not make the music as loud.

 

It was fine for a while, Inhee dancing her thoughts and feelings away. She kept hoping Hoseok wasn't mad at her; that the reason for him not showing up wasn't because she blew up at him at lunchtime and that he thought she hated him. It wasn't like that at all, and it was pushing her to dance more intensely.

 

From the vigorous dancing, she found herself completely tired after an hour, sweaty and thirsty. She laid on the floor for a good five minutes, trying to cool down and not think of anything else. Inhee was about to take a drink of water until she realized there wasn't drop in her water bottle.

 

Groaning slightly at having to move, she walked out to the water fountain in the main entrance of the studio.

 

She rubbed her eyes as she yawned, sweeping her hair back multiple times, just listening to the shuffling of footsteps.

 

Discoordinated footsteps. She stopped walking and just a second after, the second set of footstep sounds stopped as well. She glanced at the floor, finding two sneakers there, and her eyes widened. Slowly glancing up, she saw that it was Taehyung.

 

Taehyung seemed to be just as shocked, his two hands frozen at gripping the ends of the towel wrapped around his neck. His hair was glistening from drops of liquid, which Inhee wasn't exactly sure was water or sweat.

 

But all Inhee could think was 'Oh '.

 

“W-what—” they both started at the same time.

 

Both of them stopped at the same time and awkwardly stared into each other's soul, wishing they would just be able to read each other's minds.

 

“What are you doing here?” Inhee asked first.

 

“Cleaning duty,” he said. “What about you?”



“...”

 

Taehyung glared and gave an evil smirk. “You...were you doing what I think you were doing?”



“I don't know what you're talking about...” Inhee shifted her gaze to the floor.


 

“Ey, don't lie! You were dancing, right? Right?!” he seemed ecstatic to see this development. “Let me see!”



“N-no, it's embarrassing!”



“Ah so you were dancing! I was right!” he clapped and laughed manically.

 

“Why...why is that funny?”

 

“Show me!” he turned Inhee around and pushed her all the way back to the dance room. Inside, he sat on the floor like a child, bouncing up and down energetically. “Go go go go go~”

 

“I can't do it now!” she protested. She only danced to get her feelings out, not to show others.

 

“Whyyyy?” he pouted.

 

“Because...I don't like to.”



“Whyyyyyyyyy?” he whined. “I said I was going to see you dance!”

 

She rolled her eyes, “But I didn't say you could.”

 

Taehyung hopped up and went over to the speakers, scrolling through a preset of songs on it because Inhee didn't have any music player of her own. He picked a slow song, and grinned at her.

 

“What music is—”

 

Taehyung grabbed her hands and said, “If you won't dance, let's dance together.”



Inhee was a bit shocked at his request (that pretty much sounded like a friendly demand) but didn't do anything about it.

 

So they did dance a slow song together, Taehyung guiding her along the way, appeased at how fast she was able to pick up. They didn't say anything, but Taehyung could only just stare at her tired but gentle looking eyes, blinking over and over again. His gaze, for some strange reason, wouldn't leave her until he was able to capture her attention as well.

 

Inhee eventually ended up staring back at Taehyung, and he would have done something else if it weren't for those 3 minutes running out. When the song ended, they snapped out of the moment.

 

“You're like natural,” he complimented. He let go of her hands and gave her two thumbs up.

 

Inhee laughed lightly at his action, her face reddened from dancing with the boy. “No...I'm not. That was embarrassing.”



“Why don't you want people to see? You're good!”



'Hoseok said I was good, too. But he understood why I danced late.' She sighed and just said, “I don't like it.” She didn't want to explain any further, especially if Taehyung might not even empathize with her thoughts.

 

“Well, I think you should. Eventually,” he stuck his tongue out. “They'll love you.”

 

“They?”

 

“Like...everyone in Svpreme. Not that they dislike you now, but like...you know. They don't really know you,” Taehyung nodded.

 

Inhee shrugged, “I don’t know...”



Taehyung looked at the girl, his heart and stomach getting that weird feeling again. All he really wanted was to hold her hands like at first, and to see her smile again.

 

He was about to open his arms for a hug, but his eyes turned his attention towards something else. Inhee had glanced at him now, and turned around in curiosity to see what it was. Rather, who it was, as they saw a figure standing at the door.

 

Jung Hoseok.

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________

aheheh taehyung is a cutie ok

hoseok pops back up into the picture yay

there's an awkward triangle now yay

:D

anyway, comment, sub & upvote please <3

 

updated with poster!! had time to make it  l ol ol