Flirtatious

Stained Glass

 

 

 

Inhee glanced down at the shard of stained glass around her neck: the one Hoseok gave her last night. “Because...they see right through me. They don't see anything else other than what I look on the outside.”

 

Taehyung let go of Inhee, and turned her around. “Well, I think you're more than that. So does the other people at Svpreme...and including Hoseok the most...I guess.”

 

Inhee gave him a small smile, “Thanks.”


Taehyung could feel his cheeks pink before asking, “So, where is everyone?”


“We went outside for class,” she said. “The springtime weather is nice according to our teacher. What about you? Aren't you supposed to be in class?”


“It's lunchtime.”

 

“Why...aren't you eating then?” She eyed at him before pointing at his wrists. “You're too skinny already Taehyung. You need to eat and grow.”


Taehyung pouted and said, “Noona.”

 

Inhee choked and coughed before looking at him weirdly, “Noona?”

 

He grinned widely, “Inhee noona~ You don't mind if I called you that, right? Do you have food?”

 

“But...it's my lunch...”


“Can I just eat with you and skip class?”


“Taehyung what are you saying? ...Why are you being like this?”


Taehyung just smiled and didn't say anything, only answering,
'Because I like you' in his head.

 

“Um...alright...I need to head back to class. I only came back to get my glasses. Go eat,” she said, putting her black frames on.

 

Taehyung almost gaped at how cute Inhee looked with the glasses as her bangs and hair shaping her face and covering her nicely.

 

“Noona can I come?”


“Taehyung. No.”


With that, Inhee walked off as fast as she could, Taehyung believing this as a sign of some progress because if she stayed longer, she might have said yes to him. He smiled smugly to himself and walked off to lunch.

 

 

 

 

When Inhee walked back outside to finally start her work, the guy, whom had run off angrily because of Taehyung, noticed her. He smirked and approached her, crossing his arms.

 

“Who are you?” he asked.

 

Inhee barely gave him a glance before grabbing her backpack and deciding to walk somewhere else. The guy scowled, grabbed her hand and turned her back towards him. “Don't think you can get away with this.”


Inhee glared at him for a second before pulling away from his grip, only angering him more.


 

“ you think you're invincible and fearless because you have that stupid child backing you up?”

 

Inhee furrowed her eyebrows. She wasn't exactly sure why he was being so much more confrontational this time, but hearing 'stupid child'...did he mean Taehyung?

 

“What are you talking about?” she finally said.

 

He scoffed and cracked his knuckles. Leaning into her with fury, he mumbled, “Don't play coy. Just so you know, I really won't forget or forgive until it's even.”

 

She could feel a shiver run down her spine even for just a bit as he said such ominous words. Although they weren't anything she hasn't heard before, it confused her as to what he was exactly referring to. He walked past her, bumping her shoulder roughly before going back to his group of friends.

 

Inhee gripped her shoulder, and shook her head in order to not over think. However, there was no doubt in her mind that something fishy was up.

 

 

 

 

 

By the time school was over, Inhee was no longer thinking of it. As she approached her locker, she found Hoseok, Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook and Jin all waiting there for her. It became a usual thing, and while it ended with people scribbling things all over her desk and becoming more hateful towards her, she felt protected for once. She felt she could at least put some trust in these five and those at Svpreme.

 

Maybe it was the trust she felt in them that made her more confident. And that may have been why she was much more willing to begin to dance for Svpreme. Although Hoseok was the only one who knew about this so far, he supported her and told her that he would help her.

 

As they started walking to Svpreme, Hoseok grinned excitedly to Inhee and asked, “You still want to do this right?”

 

“Join a dance group?”


He nodded.


 

“I don't know, maybe not...” she , causing his smile to drop to an open frown. She chuckled before saying, “I was just kidding. Yeah, I am going to still do it.”

 

“Okay! You scared me, I thought...you would chicken out.”


“Are you saying that I'm scared?”


“Well, you
are Lee Inhee who didn't know she could dance like a pro a couple weeks ago,” he said, patting her on the back.

 

Inhee gaped, about to retaliate until she realized the backhanded complimented and smiled silently to him.

 

“You'll be fine. They'll love you.”


“Thanks.”


 

“Hoseok, wait, did you bring the jackets?” Jin asked abruptly.

 

“Oh...I forgot them...” Hoseok pouted and sighed. “I'll go back and get them, you guys go on.”

 

Hoseok turned to Inhee and gave a small smile, “I'll be there later.” He headed back to the school afterward.

 

Taehyung, seeing this as a chance to talk to her, went up to her and explained, “Because of the competition we're getting ready for, we decided to get matching jackets. We left them in Hoseok's locker, though, and were going to bring them today to practice in.”

 

Inhee nodded, “Thanks for the explanation.”


“You're welcome, noona.”


“Noona...” she smiled but sighed. “Why?”

 

“Because you are my noona,” Taehyung stuck his tongue out.

 

Inhee pushed his head gently. “I don't think you should be sticking your tongue out to a noona, then.”

 

Taehyung, having selective hearing, didn't respond to her but instead grabbed her arm and said, “Let's go get food before we dance!”


“Wh-what? Wait!” Inhee only managed to say before Taehyung sneakily escaped from the others and pulled her away towards a street full of food vendors.

 

 

 

 

It wasn't every day that she wandered the street, in fact, her real parents never took her out like this for as much as she could remember, and her foster parents never had the time nor want to do it. They were taking care of her, but it almost seemed like a hassle to them now.

 

Seeing it for the first time up close, rather than on a screen or in pictures, was incredible to her. She thought that she probably looked like a tourist or something as she kept looking at every street vendor and seeing the fresh, hot food they offered.

 

“What do you like?” Taehyung asked, as she scanned the vendors some more.

 

“Uh...I don't know. Whatever is good.”

 

“Which place do you like the best?” he seemed unaware that she had never been here before.

 

“Pick one,” she told him.

 

“Uh okay...well, how's ddeokbokki? It's typical, but I mean...they have it at like every stand,” Taehyung laughed to himself.

 

“Sure,” she smiled sweetly, making the boy blush.

 

“O-okay!” he walked behind her, pushing her towards one that was less crowded.

 

“Ahjumma, two orders of ddeokbokki, please!” he yelled over the grilling and the loud chatter of the crowd. He also lifted two fingers up, in case she didn't hear correctly.

 

She handed them two plates of the red spicy rice cake, and Taehyung quickly paid for it before Inhee could protest...in case she was going to protest.

 

“Taehyung I could have paid for my own,” she said, taking her plate. Taehyung nodded knowingly, and replied, “It's okay. Less hassle that way.”

 

“Tch, here let me pay you back,” she handed the plate to him to hold before taking her wallet out.

 

“No! You don't have to! Just take it! It's fine, its only a couple won anyway,” he said, avoiding the money she was trying to hand to him.

 

He started to run off, “Come on! Let's just eat this before it gets cold!”

 

 

 

 


 

“Is it good?” he asked, as he watched her take a bite.

 

Inhee nodded, but fanned from how hot it was.

 

Taehyung laughed, “Are you doing that because its hot or spicy?”

 

“It—it's really hot...like temperature,” she mumbled with the ddeokbokki in .

 

“Here,” he handed her a napkin.

 

“Thanks,” Inhee said, taking it and quickly patting .

 

“Y-you missed the spot...” he said quietly, blushing at the thought of maybe kissing it off. But that would have been really weird even for him, so he took her napkin and wiped the red stain off the corner of her lips for her.

 

Inhee looked at him, and Taehyung just stared back, because this was a total korean drama moment, and he didn't know what to do.

 

Inhee broke eye contact first and said, “W-why are you looking at me like that?”


Snapping out of it, Taehyung felt that trying to act like such a gentleman wasn't what he was really like and it was making them both feel awkward. Going back to his jokester, 4-d self, he said, “You looked funny with the ddeokbokki stain on her face. It almost looked like a mustache.”

 

“Yah!” Inhee hit him, and smeared the sauce from his plate onto his face.

 

Taehyung was caught off guard as Inhee was leaning close to him, and he could practically feel his heart pulsing through him. They ended up staring at each other again, but this time Inhee burst out laughing because he looked silly with the red sauce on his face. He smiled with her, but he was far from laughing.

 

Kim Taehyung was falling for her the more he was with her. He wasn't sure why, but it bothered him.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________

omg is this an update yes it is

basically i was super busy with school & had story/writers block so like e___e it was hard to come up with a chapter

and even now i have this okay-ish chapter. im sorry and i hope you guys still like it ; _____ ;

BUT YEAH SO THAT KIM TAEHYUNG.

please comment/sub/upvote~

 

ohh btw i left the poll up in case u want to still vote for it idk? although its p clear who the winner is haha but you never know. that character will be appearing in chapters soon c: